PDA

View Full Version : Police offer fake Auburn-Bammer tix to lure child support deadbeats

badger
8/5/2011, 12:16 PM
Linky (http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/police-offer-fake-free-tix-auburn-alabama-game-arrest-deadbeat-parents-video)

Complete with video. Enjoy!

Oh my god the video is priceless. VIEW VIEW VIEW NOW NOW NOW

Mississippi Sooner
8/5/2011, 12:19 PM
Will they never learn? If there is even a possibility that you have an outstanding warrant, run far away from any offers for a free anything. Geez!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/5/2011, 12:21 PM
Wow... Just wow.

badger
8/5/2011, 12:21 PM
End of video: "Do I still get my tickets?"

The sheriff's deputy just laughs.

SoonerofAlabama
8/5/2011, 12:23 PM
Cool. And hilarious. :D

badger
8/5/2011, 12:26 PM
Cool. And hilarious. :D

So you got the letter and were just like "Nah, I'll hold out for OU-Texas tickets," right? ;)

that's a BIG winkie. a few more times for added emphasis: ;);););)

btw, where's Sabanball today? :D

;););););) <<< more winkie for him.

Pardner
8/5/2011, 12:29 PM
SEC! SEC!

Flagstaffsooner
8/5/2011, 12:30 PM
:D :D :D
They should do that in :texan: .

badger
8/5/2011, 12:32 PM
:D :D :D
They should do that in :texan: .

All-expense paid trip to Jerryworld, including free $60 pizzas, free $20 beer, free $60 parking and free overpriced tickets to the game of your choice!

gundleok
8/5/2011, 12:33 PM
End of video: "Do I still get my tickets?"

The sheriff's deputy just laughs.

"I need those tickets to pay my child support."

badger
8/5/2011, 12:44 PM
The complete article is here. (http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/jul/29/ticket-rouse-nabs-parents-unpaid-child-support-ar-2205962/)

“Everyone on the list we are seeking for unpaid child support is at least $30,000 and up to $75,000 behind in child support payments,” Carter said.

At least a dozen were apparently arrested. The story originally ran July 29 and is now making the intraweb rounds.

SoonerofAlabama
8/5/2011, 12:45 PM
I've heard of police doing this before. It just usually seems to be like a free microwave or toaster, not Iron Bowl tickets.

Illuminati
8/5/2011, 12:47 PM
LMFAO this is the best thing I have ever seen

Mississippi Sooner
8/5/2011, 12:48 PM
I don't remember where it was, but I remember a police department offering free bass boats one time. They had the redneck deadbeats lining up for that one.

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2011, 12:57 PM
A phrase from Monty Python comes to mind - that was cruel, but fair :D

Soonermagik
8/5/2011, 01:10 PM
That's awesome!!!!!!

sperry
8/5/2011, 01:17 PM
I don't remember where it was, but I remember a police department offering free bass boats one time. They had the redneck deadbeats lining up for that one.

That was an episode of the Simpsons.

OhU1
8/5/2011, 01:36 PM
Festive atmoshere, piping in Van Halen's "Jump!" - only to get the cold shower of cuffs slapped on in the waiting outside room - classic.

I noticed all the suckers were Auburn fans (an ag school). Were this sting pulled off in Oklahoma I think we'd see a lot of Pokes getting their heads snapped in the trap. :stunned:

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 01:50 PM
Pokes? They don't go to games :/

Cops wonder why people don't like them. Seriously if they have their address why don't they just stop by and pick them up?

I am not supporting not taking care of your obligations but I think the cops should have to cough up the promised tickets.

OhU1
8/5/2011, 02:16 PM
Cops wonder why people don't like them. Seriously if they have their address why don't they just stop by and pick them up?

Yeah, they probably didn't think of that. Cops are stoopid.

cvsooner
8/5/2011, 02:28 PM
If you read the story you learn many of the 140 notices that went out came back as undeliverable. LE may have addresses but said addresses aren't necessarily accurate. Besides, why go after somebody when you can lure them in?

Worst part is now they're in jail, not only not paying child support, but costing taxpayers even more. Sounds like the typical Auburn fan, to put this back to football. :)

badger
8/5/2011, 02:56 PM
I think the reason why auburn fans were caught more was the location of the sting. One of the towns letters were sent to was named "Auburn." :)

Should they give them tickets? Hell, no! If they were required to give them tickets, repossess them immediately, then sell the tickets, and give the money to the poor kids of the deadbeats that are owed at least $30k in back pay.

mushu405
8/5/2011, 03:26 PM
I got sidetracked by the hottest auburn fan.... damn?

StoopTroup
8/5/2011, 04:55 PM
They gave that first Big Boy some special treatment when he started to realize he wasn't gonna get any tickets.....lol

Definitely 5 stars.

Wishboned
8/5/2011, 05:42 PM
I noticed all the suckers were Auburn fans (an ag school). Were this sting pulled off in Oklahoma I think we'd see a lot of Pokes getting their heads snapped in the trap. :stunned:

WE'RE NOT LIKE YOU GOONERS. YOU GOONERS CHEAT AT FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, AND EVEN YOUR OWN DAMN MARRIAGES. WE DON'T GET DIVORCED!!!!! TJAT'S CAUSE WE ONLY MARRY OSU FANS. AND IF WE DID GET A DIVORCE WE'D BE SAFE CAUSE A SHEEP CAN'T SUE YOU FOR CHILD SUPPORT!!!!!

StoopTroup
8/5/2011, 05:44 PM
Festive atmoshere, piping in Van Halen's "Jump!" - only to get the cold shower of cuffs slapped on in the waiting outside room - classic.

I'm not convince it would be that many. I'm not sure they could find Stoolwater.

agoo758
8/5/2011, 06:25 PM
I nominate this for thread of the year.

Sabanball
8/5/2011, 06:45 PM
Lol...only in Alabama.

SoonerofAlabama
8/5/2011, 06:58 PM
Lol...only in Alabama.

At least it was closer to Auburn than it was to Tuscaloosa. :D

SoonerKnight
8/6/2011, 03:47 PM
Good for the police!

GameWarden
8/6/2011, 04:31 PM

I am not supporting not taking care of your obligations but I think the cops should have to cough up the promised tickets.

They would if they could get free tickets. ;)

sooneredaco
8/6/2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not resisting I'm not resting... As he's squirming around. That guy was so deflated when he realized that he wasn't a winner. For once I'm his life he thought he actually once something.... Errrrrr!!!!! Deadbeat you're coming in

OU-HSV
8/6/2011, 04:33 PM
That is just awesome

SoonerinSouthlake
8/6/2011, 04:39 PM
They would if they could get free tickets. ;)

dont they give tickets away every week to fill up the 10-15K empty seats?

EatLeadCommie
8/6/2011, 06:29 PM
it's amazing how stupid people are thinking they can get something like that for free just out of the blue.

soonerstan56
8/7/2011, 02:13 AM
I think it was 1988 Cleveland county did a similar thing. They sent out notices to everyone who had an outstanding warrant that a new classic rock radio station was having a kick off party at the fairgrounds and if you attended you could win Rolling Stones tickets to the show at Memorial Stadium.
Well they had classic rock blaring at the fairgrounds and after only one perp arrived, they not only had to give him Rolling Stones tickets, but had to go serve the warrants to the others they were hoping to show up at the dog and pony show.

Stan

ruf/nekdad
8/7/2011, 09:21 AM
Child support deadbeats? If you can send a letter and have them come to you; why not? Hammer them.

meandmybutt
8/7/2011, 09:44 AM

LMAO, if everyone that every falsely promised people stuff had to actually deliver....wow, what a day. We would all get $10MM from Publisher's Clearninghouse, a couple of times a year. We'd all be able to buy our own tickets....

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2011, 08:33 PM
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff472/SoonerofAlabama/dCsmA.gif