PDA

View Full Version : * can't seem to keep any players

Ruf/Nek7
8/5/2011, 08:46 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=6834683

I can hear the wails from austin..."ABANDON SHIP, ABANDON SHIP" this **** is going DOWN!

badger
8/5/2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157118

Ruf/Nek7
8/5/2011, 08:57 AM
:mad: I looked too see if it was posted yet. Apparently I did so without my corrective kenses. Sorry.

TXBOOMER
8/5/2011, 09:09 AM
Long live Mack Brown in texass.

OUVarsityXV
8/5/2011, 09:32 AM
They may actually be better for getting some turnover at WR, but not immediately let's hope.

Ruf/Nek7
8/5/2011, 09:37 AM
I look at Gilbert's #s and he had 10 tds. I then look at Williams #s and he had 7 tds. So 70% of the receving tds just left the team. Add that with uncertainty at QB and lack of experience on the oline....could spell disaster. How the hell did they crack the top 25?

Jboozer
8/5/2011, 10:05 AM
I think hearing bad news about * makes me almost as happy as hearing good news for OU. I don't know why, but I'm feel like I'm on cloud nine with all this * disaster news! Woo hoo. Suck it *!

Widescreen
8/5/2011, 11:37 AM
I think hearing bad news about * makes me almost as happy as hearing good news for OU. I don't know why, but I'm feel like I'm on cloud nine with all this * disaster news! Woo hoo. Suck it *!

Sounds a little aggie to me.

kiomanche
8/5/2011, 12:16 PM
Oh my! they are going to trick play us to death!

Jacie
8/5/2011, 12:18 PM
They may actually be better for getting some turnover at WR, but not immediately let's hope.

I don't know about WR but at least a few whorn fans wish Gilby had some personal issues to deal with . . .

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2011, 12:18 PM
I think they will still have 11 guys on the field at all times when they play us.

Quik Sand
8/5/2011, 01:24 PM
Asterisk is going to depend on Mike Davis and what else?

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 01:46 PM
I look at Gilbert's #s and he had 10 tds. I then look at Williams #s and he had 7 tds. So 70% of the receving tds just left the team. Add that with uncertainty at QB and lack of experience on the oline....could spell disaster. How the hell did they crack the top 25?

Williams has 7 career TDs (he only had 2 last year and 330 yards - mostly a ST player). Goodwin has 2 career TDs. We have talent at WR, albeit a little thin now. Mike Davis, Darius White, John Harris, Desean Hales and Jaxon Shipley are all ready to go. Plus, more touches for DJ Monroe now.

47straight
8/5/2011, 01:50 PM
Herr beats the DJ Monroe drum as much as UT player (and felony-charged-but-never-dismissed-from-the-team) Brock Edwards beat his fellow UT students.

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 01:53 PM
Williams has 7 career TDs (he only had 2 last year and 330 yards - mostly a ST player). Goodwin has 2 career TDs. We have talent at WR, albeit a little thin now. Mike Davis, Darius White, John Harris, Desean Hales and Jaxon Shipley are all ready to go. Plus, more touches for DJ Monroe now.

Where are they going? Rehab?

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 01:54 PM
:mad: I looked too see if it was posted yet. Apparently I did so without my corrective kenses. Sorry.

It's cool Texas misery is just as good the second time around. :texan:

yankee
8/5/2011, 01:58 PM
Herr beats the DJ Monroe drum as much as UT player (and felony-charged-but-never-dismissed-from-the-team) Brock Edwards beat his fellow UT students.

He's a lone shining light on that offense. Apparently the whorns have talent at WR this season. Could've sworn we heard the same BS this time last year. :texan:

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 02:18 PM
Herr beats the DJ Monroe drum...
He's quite fast.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 02:22 PM
Where are they going? Rehab?

Don't know about Williams. That's a head scratcher. Apparently he has family issues pulling him away (probably kids). He didn't practice this Spring but was planning on playing this Summer but no more. Big loss on ST more than anything.

Goodwin's trying to make the olympics in the long jump so he's taking the year off to focus on that. Don't know if he ever makes it back. His heart is in track. WR Fitzhenry would've never seen the field nor would TE Trey Graham or LB Patrick Nkwopara. Cutting the fat there.

Ruf/Nek7
8/5/2011, 02:24 PM

You were better off with my numbers....my bad for giving more credit than what was deserved.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 02:24 PM
He's a lone shining light on that offense. Apparently the whorns have talent at WR this season. Could've sworn we heard the same BS this time last year. :texan:

Mike Davis would've helped a lot had he played against you guys. He's a stud. The rest are unproven at this point but very talented. Shipley will play from day 1 and is turning a lot of heads.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 02:26 PM
You were better off with my numbers....my bad for giving more credit than what was deserved.

That, or the reality is that he's not as big a loss as you were portraying.

fwsooner22
8/5/2011, 02:33 PM
Regardles of the talent level of any kid at a premier program when more than a couple are leaving something is up. Now, it might be that the country club atmosphere has gone away and kids don't want to pay the price if they aren't studs who knows. I don't remember that many kids quitting right before a season at OU. It's just another interesting thing to watch in what will be a most interesting fall in Austin. Maybe the most interesting in decades. Hard pill to swallow but we need ** to be really good not just ok. If they continue on their downward spiral the good teams in the conference will suffer greatly at the end.

Herr Scholz
8/5/2011, 02:56 PM
A certain amount of attrition given an entire staff turnover is expected. 3 of the 5 we just lost would've never played. 1 will be in London for the Olympics. 1 has family problems.

The rest of the team has been busting it with our new S&C coach this summer and are all fighting for jobs.

BajaOklahoma
8/5/2011, 04:13 PM
I would the *network to start off with a repeat of last year.
A 3 and 3 start is possible.
The best thing about it will be the decline in the number of * t-shirt fans around DFW. It was great last year.