PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Schad Covers Sooners' First Practice This Morning

Lott's Bandana
8/4/2011, 06:53 PM
(2) Videos...back to back. First is Bob, second is practice report.

Bob seems like he wants to pop Schad in the head with that water bottle...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6833632

Lott's Bandana
8/4/2011, 06:58 PM
Here is the same in a previous thread from the Dallas ESPN site:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157103

All props to the OP in that one...the Dallas threw me off when I saw your linky.

Soonermagik
8/4/2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks!! Yeah, Stoops didn't seem excited to do that interview, but he can be that way at times.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/4/2011, 08:44 PM
he looked like he was ready for a shower and a hieneken

the man stinks with confidence. Im sure there are moments when he doesnt really have it...but realizes its his job to show it. Sometimes this manifests itself in what people think is aloofness or cockiness.

Whatever you call it....those of you who want Gary Patterson at OU when things aren't heading towards 13-0 can S$ck it!

Go Bob

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2011, 08:47 PM
I didn't think Stoops looked annoyed at Joe Schad - just looked ready to get to the next task on his todo list.

Section 9
8/4/2011, 11:15 PM
I thought Coach Stoops' interview was fine. By this time everyone should
know that Coach does not put on a show for anyone. He is just himself. I for
one am happy that he is the coach at Oklahoma.

swardboy
8/5/2011, 06:08 AM
Ugh...can't imagine what Stoops is going through with the heightened media presence this early on. But I do think he's being exceedingly accommodating by his standards. In a great way....

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/5/2011, 06:20 AM
Ugh...can't imagine what Stoops is going through with the heightened media presence this early on. But I do think he's being exceedingly accommodating by his standards. In a great way....

At the end of the day, thats all he can do, right?

Soonermagik
8/5/2011, 07:06 AM
At the end of the day, thats all he can do, right?

Certainly...:D

delhalew
8/5/2011, 10:16 AM
You'd grit your teeth too, if you had to stand next to Schad.

badger
8/5/2011, 11:37 AM
By the way, did they forgo the Oklahoma Drill because of the heat? Or is that later this week?

Lott's Bandana
8/5/2011, 11:42 AM
By the way, did they forgo the Oklahoma Drill because of the heat? Or is that later this week?

According to Trammel, they left out many things because of the heat and apparently cut practice short somewhat.

I'm not sure they do the Oklahoma drill until they are in full pads anyway...as studies have shown that the overwhelming number of cases of heat issues occur during the first week/10 days of exposure. I'm sure the coaches are working up to a more elevated practice over the next several days.