PDA

View Full Version : Need my Sooner fans help..how can I watch from Asia?

sendbaht
8/4/2011, 05:40 PM
Help me if you can. I live in Thailand been able to watch almost every OU football game online the last 3 years. Now all the sites that I know like
Channelsurfing.com or Just-in tv and closed. I do not want to impose on anyone with that box forgot the name, the one where you watch TV but use there set in the USA.
So, any other way online, or, any other channelsurfing sites not over taking from the powers to be?

Also, I can resort to streaming radio which is ok but forgot the address....thanks for the help..

OU #1

badger
8/4/2011, 05:51 PM
I have to assume no ESPN3?

SoonerinLondon
8/4/2011, 05:54 PM
I lived in HK before ESPN3 and watched with a slingbox in the US and buying games on ESPN.

Now, I think the choices are slingbox or ESPN3. If you can get to Korea, the US Armed Forces Network is available free of charge and they cover many games.

sendbaht
8/4/2011, 06:22 PM
Yep thanks SoonerinLondon. I don't want to the slingbox route. Really do not have anyone to slingbox with. Just the channelsurfing worked great for years. Saw every Sooner game and watch Texas lose all year. It was nice.

I still will be able to listen to the games on stream...anyone have the internet address for this?

Nope badger no ESPN3 do have ESPN but they play Big 10 games...guess I'm be able sometimes to watch Neb....great hay right.

sooneredaco
8/4/2011, 06:55 PM
Perhaps this thread will help...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156962

cleller
8/4/2011, 08:39 PM
Last year I got by pretty well watching via the internet. The sites you mentioned are the easiest way to go. Don't know if ATDHE.net is still up.

Here's something I posted last year in regard to a P2P site, I don't know if it still works, but you can file it for further study:

go to MyP2P forum, then click on NCAA:
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/33-NCAA?

Next, click on "NCAA week (whatever) streaming"

This will show you the whole lineup, with links to almost every game in the country. Some of them will open right up, and that's it, you're watching on the computer.

If the link has an "ST" in in somewhere, such as 400TV2 ST 300k, that means the game is being broadcast via a StreamTorrent. Now you have a little more work.
You will first have to download StreamTorrent to your computer:

http://www.myp2p.eu/softwareitem.php...&part=software

Once you've got StreamTorrent installed on your computer, when you click on that crazy 400Tv2 ST 300k type link, your computer will open a new window, and begin loading the channel. Your computer will probably ask permission to allow the window to open. Say "allow"- what have you got to lose?

It will not load immediately, takes a minute or so to do its thing. Don't give up if the screen says "action was cancelled" at first. Watch the bottom of the screen, it should indicate the channel is loading.

It all sounds impossible, but if you play around with it, it will work. I live out in the sticks, with no cable or satellite, and watch everything via DSL. The quality is definitely not HD, but its free.
Works for NFL, too. This is worldwide, and tons of soccer crap on there, etc.
I also have mine hooked up to the TV, but that's another kettle of fish.

swardboy
8/4/2011, 08:42 PM
Yep, I got that from Cleller last fall and it worked great for me. Thanks bro!

MamaMia
8/5/2011, 01:11 AM
Cant you pay for the membership on soonersports.com and get the home games?

GoOwls
8/5/2011, 01:19 AM
Slingbox is really the answer... I'd be dead here in Oz without it. I'm sure you can find somebody on the board willing to house it for ya!

ouflak
8/5/2011, 02:06 AM
Cant you pay for the membership on soonersports.com and get the home games?

Unfortunately they don't have any video broadcast of the games (ironically, OU doesn't own the rights to its own games) and you can only get audio of the regular season games. Also, you don't get archived video/audio of the post season games *edit* They do have archive Big XII Championship games though and you can get some highlight footage of some bowl games. If you want live football game coverage, it's not a great deal for the cost, but when your options are limited....

*sigh* I dream of the day when I can just go to one website, preferably an OU affiliated site, and watch any OU event live, or archive, irrespective of whether that event is being shown somewhere else. I'd pay through the nose for that site. But I guess this web hopping, and likely having fans often not see the games at all, is the most profitable way for the program to operate right now. I think this is a bad way to do things myself, especially for growing the future fan base by having young people be able to see the games easily anywhere in the country or the world.

Anyway, I'm bookmarking this thread along with the other one so I can have some hope of perhaps seeing the games here in the UK.

You might look to see if you have ESPNAmerica over there. They will broadcast the 'big' games such as OU-Texas, OU-FSU and, this year, perhaps OU-OSU and/or OU-A&M (Sadly no Big XII title game anymore, which was almost a guaranteed OU game for me to see). And occasionally they will delay broadcast a game that was being shown at the same time as one of their chosen 'big' games. They also show all of the bowl games.

Sooner_Tuf
8/5/2011, 02:17 AM
I don't know how the slingbox thing works but if I can I would be happy to help another Sooner out.

the-rover
8/5/2011, 02:47 AM
Here's a site I've been using for MLB and was using for Thunder games. Tons of soccer games if you like........hope it's good come football season....

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

btk108
8/5/2011, 07:16 AM
huh...I thought they broke up

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/80s/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.80s/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/47723.asia.jpg

KantoSooner
8/5/2011, 10:14 AM
I contacted Joe C's office several years ago and they kindly offered me the broadcast rights to Japan as my 'best' solution. Only wanted $10 million a year.

sendbaht
8/7/2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks Soonerdaco for the thread, interesting. Wish I could pick up ESPN360

WOW cleller...thank you too, looking forward to checking this out.

swardboy...I now have hope

GoOwls...that's as nice as it get...thanks so much for the offer. You ever in Thailand you have a free room.:) for the girls you are on your own.:)

Really ouflak ESPNAmerica? as in ESPNAmerica.com? I will try that too. Thanks!

the-rover that site looks great...yes, I hope they prodcast collage games

Guys, if I have to listen to the games on streaming what is the station again?

That works great and better then nothing.

Now I pray for mostly 7pm games cause it;s 7am here, better for me the a 2:30pm game.:))

Chuck Bao
8/7/2011, 01:51 PM
Dude in Chiang Mai, I have suffered much longer than you have. I should have set up a slingbox on my mom's TV and I have no excuse for complaining about it now. My Baptist missionary cousin in Colombia set up a slingbox on my aunt and uncle's TV just to watch the Rangers play baseball. That seems to work quite well. I feel that I forgot something so important that I should be ashamed. And, I am.

sendbaht
8/7/2011, 06:08 PM
but Chuck up until last year all the games were on ChannelSurfing and years before that JustinTV....it worked well. I'm flying to Oklahoma in Novermber. I will go to the OU texas a/m game in Norman.

I will look into a slingbox I guess. Just my Mom and Dad are 84 89. I just don't want to mess up their TV some how with the sling box. I need to check into it some I guess.

Remember when I moved here...3 years ago now...can you believe it?? I do look forward to see my parents.

Thanks man hope all is well in Bangkok. I bet your condo now is finished and looking great!!!!!!!!!

Chuck Bao
8/7/2011, 06:17 PM
Alright, you have inspired me. I will call the local Radio Shack guy to see if he can set up the slingbox on my mom's TV. I'm now wondering that since my mom has only very, very slow dial-up connection on her computer exactly how that I am supposed to do streaming from her. Okay, that's impossible, right?

Sooner91ATL
8/7/2011, 08:57 PM
I will be in west Africa for the first two games and the internets are awfully slow there. Bummer. I plan to scope out bars with satellite dishes as one of my first official activities...

EstablishedSooner1967
8/7/2011, 11:08 PM
Just have someone in the US get you an HD slingbox and you can watch any game they can see..

sendbaht
8/9/2011, 03:03 AM
Alright, you have inspired me. I will call the local Radio Shack guy to see if he can set up the slingbox on my mom's TV. I'm now wondering that since my mom has only very, very slow dial-up connection on her computer exactly how that I am supposed to do streaming from her. Okay, that's impossible, right?

Chuck,

Not sure. My parents are using a broken set of rabbit ears. I heard tin foil helps, will that be ok with a sling box?