PDA

View Full Version : County Suing Feds over Illegal Immigrants

sappstuf
8/4/2011, 12:46 PM
Interesting

Prince William County files suit over illegal immigration case

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. --
Prince William County filed a lawsuit today against the Department of Homeland Security, according to a county press release.

In 2007 the Prince William Board of County Supervisors passed an ordinance that requires county police officers to check the immigration status of anyone they arrest.

If police find that they have arrested someone who is in the country illegally, they turn that person over to the department for deportation.

To date the county has turned over more that 4,000 people over to DHS, the release stated.

After Carlos Martinelly Montano was charged in Aug. 2010 with killing a Benedictine nun while driving drunk in Prince William County, county officials became concerned that department was releasing illegal immigrants back into the community.

Police records show that Montano was previously convicted of drunken driving, identified as an illegal immigrant, handed over to DHS for deportation, subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card, according to the release.

When county officials discovered Montano’s record and learned that the department had failed to deport him, they became concerned that other criminal illegal immigrants may also have been released.

After the crash, the county made two separate Freedom of Information Act requests seeking records that disclosed the disposition of the people who police had turned over the department.

The requests went unanswered, so the county sued the department.

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/aug/04/3/prince-william-county-files-suit-over-illegal-immi-ar-1218019/

I thought only racist states like Arizona tries to check illegal status.. In Virginia they have been doing it for years.

4000. That is a lot for a single county in 4 years..

Being illegal and convicted of drunk driving gets you an employment authorization card. We are certainly treating these illegals too harsh...

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 12:50 PM
This can't be true...chit like this just can't happen...

sappstuf
8/4/2011, 01:07 PM

The business owners are clearly at fault here...

soonercruiser
8/4/2011, 01:08 PM

Oh! At least Montano didn't get a job in the Dept. of Transportation.
:rolleyes:

AlbqSooner
8/4/2011, 07:03 PM
The business owners are clearly at fault here...

handed over to DHS for deportation, subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card, according to the release.

According to this, the business owners were NOT at fault.

ouflak
8/5/2011, 02:16 AM
...was then given an employment authorization card...

*shrug* Well, if you can become legal, then what's the problem? I mean would anybody have a problem if all of the illegal immigrants in this country legalized their stay? That seems to be what people are harping on about. Either get out, or get legal.

Harry Beanbag
8/5/2011, 06:27 AM
*shrug* Well, if you can become legal, then what's the problem? I mean would anybody have a problem if all of the illegal immigrants in this country legalized their stay? That seems to be what people are harping on about. Either get out, or get legal.

The habitual criminals we don't need or want. We have plenty of homegrown lowlifes and prisoners.

ouflak
8/5/2011, 07:07 AM
The habitual criminals we don't need or want. We have plenty of homegrown lowlifes and prisoners.

Just to clarify, any immigrant, legal or otherwise, who is a 'habitual' criminal, such as for example a drunk driver, should be deported and have their visa curtailed/canceled. Is this correct? Not that I'm against the idea, I just want to see where this thread is going.

The original suit is about a Freedom of Information Act request that has gone unfulfilled.

In my opinion, they should release most of this information... within reason. Normally, legal visa proceeding are considered private information, and I suspect they are not subject to FIA requests. However anybody who is under deportation proceedings should have their information released as that is well within the public's right to know. Maybe in the case of those that are attempting to legalize their stay, they could just release a statement to that fact and leave the details out?

okie52
8/5/2011, 07:57 AM

He11 no we don't want to make 13,000,000-30,000,000 functionally illiterate, over populating breeders citizens.

Just get out.

Harry Beanbag
8/5/2011, 08:50 AM
Just to clarify, any immigrant, legal or otherwise, who is a 'habitual' criminal, such as for example a drunk driver, should be deported and have their visa curtailed/canceled. Is this correct? Not that I'm against the idea, I just want to see where this thread is going.

Hell yes. Of course my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

texaspokieokie
8/5/2011, 10:19 AM

they have to go home & start over. it takes years to do it legally.

why would they bother ??

sappstuf
8/6/2011, 01:19 PM
handed over to DHS for deportation, subsequently released and was then given an employment authorization card, according to the release.

According to this, the business owners were NOT at fault.

I think your sarcasm detector may need a little tuning.. ;)

oumartin
8/6/2011, 01:28 PM
The habitual criminals we don't need or want. We have plenty of african american prisoners.

:eek:

jkjsooner
8/7/2011, 04:44 PM
I just looked this up. I used to live a block off Bristow Road in PWC. It was a pretty nice neighborhood but on the whole PWC is a crap hole. They're either poor or sitting in traffic for hours every day getting to and from Arlington/DC.

Police said Martinelly-Montano was intoxicated when the family Subaru went out of control on Bristow Road shortly before 8:30 a.m. and collided head-on with a Toyota Corolla carrying the nuns, who were going from their Richmond convent to the Prince William monastery for a retreat

StoopTroup
8/7/2011, 04:57 PM
I notice that the fact he killed a Nun kind of disappeared until the above post.