PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season coaches poll is out...no surprise for us at #1.

SoonerStormchaser
8/4/2011, 12:05 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=6833218&i=FB&w=1avut&wjb

OSU at 8? Texass is RANKED?

badger
8/4/2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157099

XFollower
8/4/2011, 12:08 PM
What about Ohio State? Seems like they might have had a lot of changes.

delhalew
8/4/2011, 01:39 PM
A landslide even.

SoonerInLubbock
8/4/2011, 02:42 PM
The office smack talk officially started today. Football is near :)

These Tech fans feel a little disrespected for not even showing up in the Top 25. Their argument is that saxet went 5-7 and still got ranked 24. I can see the frustration a bit. But they tend to forget that it's all about projecting this years teams. I do think it's bull that saxet even showed up in the poll though. First few weeks should be very interesting. I'm patiently fired up! One game at a time guys.

Sabanball
8/4/2011, 03:35 PM
5 of the 6 SEC WEST division teams are in the top 20.

badger
8/4/2011, 03:36 PM
The office smack talk officially started today. Football is near :)

Keep your knives to yourselves, please.

oumartin
8/4/2011, 03:42 PM
OSU is underrated, apparently they are gonna be in the NC game

85sooners
8/4/2011, 03:50 PM
OSU is underrated, apparently they are gonna be in the NC game

:D :gary:

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2011, 04:10 PM
5 of the 6 SEC WEST division teams are in the top 20.

Your job is to beat LSU (vicariously) and stay away from the SEC! SEC! chants.

Can you handle that? :D

KantoSooner
8/4/2011, 04:19 PM
Inneresting! Note that the coaches are calling for Nebs to be in the running to win the Big101112131415

I would really like to see the team OU beat go on to win their inaugural championship game.

joe4sooners
8/4/2011, 06:22 PM
Yes I am one of those that hates to be ranked number one pre season.

jersey sooner
8/4/2011, 06:36 PM

Find a nutsack.

Sabanball
8/4/2011, 06:42 PM

We had to deal with it last season. It's your turn this year.:)

By the way, I hope you guys lay 50 on FSU. We are absolutely fed up down here with all the 'FSU is back' talk. Please do us all a favor and put them in their place again like you did last year.

jersey sooner
8/4/2011, 06:54 PM
We had to deal with it last season. It's your turn this year.:)

By the way, I hope you guys lay 50 on FSU. We are absolutely fed up down here with all the 'FSU is back' talk. Please do us all a favor and put them in their place again like you did last year.

Hey Sabanballs...what you think about an undefeated matchup of gargantuan proportions down in NOLA?

jersey sooner
8/4/2011, 06:55 PM
oops...sorry about that typo

Sabanball
8/4/2011, 07:33 PM
Hey Sabanballs...what you think about an undefeated matchup of gargantuan proportions down in NOLA?

I think it is a real possibility. I know all of our fans want it. I can't think of any other fan base I'd rather be on bourbon st with in Jan than the Sooner Nation. It's just that our path to getting there is going to be much more difficult than yours. Add to that, our 2 and 3-deep rb's are both hurt, with our 2nd stringer Dee Hart out for the season--and fall camp hasn't even technically started yet. We've got some other guys that can hopefully step up and contribute, but we are really snakebit at the rb position right now, which has been our bread and butter. Most think the game w/ LSU in november will decide the conference, and I agree. We win that game, I think there is a very good chance we play you guys in New Orleans for all the marbles.

jersey sooner
8/4/2011, 07:46 PM
I think it is a real possibility. I know all of our fans want it. I can't think of any other fan base I'd rather be on bourbon st with in Jan than the sooner nation. It's just that our path to getting there is going to be much more difficult than yours.

Why, Sabanballs? Whyyyyyy? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY) I was so close to respecting you, but now you go and pull that SEC! SEC! SEC! bull ****. I knew a deadly plague of gayness had infected the entire deep south, but I thought at least Bama fans would be immune to it. You're path is going to be much more difficult than ours? Are you serious? Have you even looked at the schedules? Shoot, I could have argued if you had just said it was more difficult, let alone being much more.

@ Florida State > @ Penn State
ATM = Arkansas
@ OK St < LSU (slightly)
Texas = @ Florida
Missouri > @ Auburn

So yeah, maybe the SECCG gives you a slight edge. Maybe it doesn't. ****ing SEC!!!!!!!

jersey sooner
8/4/2011, 07:51 PM
And yeah, I forgot to mention to Miss State, but go ahead and tell me Miss St is what makes the SEC so much better.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/4/2011, 08:55 PM
I think it is a real possibility. I know all of our fans want it. I can't think of any other fan base I'd rather be on bourbon st with in Jan than the Sooner Nation. It's just that our path to getting there is going to be much more difficult than yours. Add to that, our 2 and 3-deep rb's are both hurt, with our 2nd stringer Dee Hart out for the season--and fall camp hasn't even technically started yet. We've got some other guys that can hopefully step up and contribute, but we are really snakebit at the rb position right now, which has been our bread and butter. Most think the game w/ LSU in november will decide the conference, and I agree. We win that game, I think there is a very good chance we play you guys in New Orleans for all the marbles.

no way Bama lasts.. New Qb is the kiss of death when:
1. expectations start this high
2. you are in a conference like the SEC

dont care how the D looks or rest o9f team...Bama may be the team of the century NEXT YEAR...but not this year...just the way it rolls (tide)

pardon the interREDtion
8/4/2011, 10:31 PM
3 top 10 teams on the road

Sabanball
8/4/2011, 10:57 PM
no way Bama lasts.. New Qb is the kiss of death when:
1. expectations start this high
2. you are in a conference like the SEC

dont care how the D looks or rest o9f team...Bama may be the team of the century NEXT YEAR...but not this year...just the way it rolls (tide)

You could be right...I'm certainly not discounting LSU. But frankly, I'm not as worried about our qb situation as I am about our RB situation. I think we can win with either Sims or McKarron. You have to remember, in Saban's system the qb is really a more diminished role as he will be just be basically a game manager/ball distributor and nothing more--in other words, as long as you don't get us beat in that position, we'll try to win the game with the defense and a pro-style O with heavy emphasis on the run and play action/high percentage short passing game. That's his philosophy and it has served us well. Since he's been here, our run/pass balance yardage has been right at 50/50.

We're by no means a slam dunk to win the SEC, but with LSU getting a stiff early test against Oregon and with us going to Penn State, I think things will ultimately be settled in November when the tigers come to Tuscaloosa. I predict by Thanksgiving we'll pretty much know who your opponent will be in New Orleans...;)

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2011, 11:08 PM
You could be right...I'm certainly not discounting LSU...

I'm not asking you to discount LSU, I'm asking you guys to whip their collective azzes. Geez, I give you one simple assignment...

And if we should stumble into Nawlins for the big game, I know it's closer to your home than ours. But at least their would something resembling civilized fans in the stands vs what would be their for LSU. So get it on it! ;)

Peach Fuzz
8/4/2011, 11:10 PM
Why, Sabanballs? Whyyyyyy? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY) I was so close to respecting you, but now you go and pull that SEC! SEC! SEC! bull ****. I knew a deadly plague of gayness had infected the entire deep south, but I thought at least Bama fans would be immune to it. You're path is going to be much more difficult than ours? Are you serious? Have you even looked at the schedules? Shoot, I could have argued if you had just said it was more difficult, let alone being much more.

@ Florida State > @ Penn State
ATM = Arkansas
@ OK St < LSU (slightly)
Texas = @ Florida
Missouri > @ Auburn

So yeah, maybe the SECCG gives you a slight edge. Maybe it doesn't. ****ing SEC!!!!!!!

When exactly did he boast sec stuff? Do you go around boards trying to get into an internet fights often? sheesh... I'll be waiting for a witty reply, but I know you won't have one. And yes, week by week, Bama most likely has a tougher schedule.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/5/2011, 01:35 AM
I'm not asking you to discount LSU, I'm asking you guys to whip their collective azzes. Geez, I give you one simple assignment...

And if we should stumble into Nawlins for the big game, I know it's closer to your home than ours. But at least their would something resembling civilized fans in the stands vs what would be their for LSU. So get it on it! ;)Show this to Saban. Phukc the tigerbaits and Leslie the Mad Hatter!