PDA

View Full Version : Why is it OK to make fun of the Germans, but not the Japanese?

cleller
8/4/2011, 12:04 PM
My daughter and her husband are visiting, and last night we watched the old movie The Secret of Santa Vittoria, where the villagers hide their wine from the Germans.
I brought up the oddball observation that it seems to be culturally acceptable to ridicule the Germans/Nazis any way you want in regard to WW II, but there seems to be a sense that the Japanese are now off limits in that regard.

Both were guilty of horrible atrocities, with the Nazi's crimes always center stage. The Japanese raped and pillaged from all their neighbors, and enslaved, tortured and executed prisoners at an alarming rate. Our servicemen suffered some unthinkable fates at Japanese hands.

That's why I never understood the idea of apologizing for the nuclear attacks on them. Had we not used those bombs, and were forced to invade, or firebomb, a great many more Japanese would have died.

Not trying to take away Nazi guilt by any means, just thought it might be a topic to generate some polite and civil discussion.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 12:09 PM
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever making fun of or reminding people of Jap history in WWII. None. at. all. I detest the bastards.

There are several reasons why but the most important of which is the fact that Germans are white and Asians are not. It's the same reason why it's okay to make fun of white people, but you don't dare make fun of black people without being labeled a Grand Wizard of the KKK.

badger
8/4/2011, 12:13 PM
There's been some very interesting documentaries since WW2 that have discussed the ways in the which the U.S. was going to attack Japan to end the war, but that every idea went out when the bomb idea was decided that it was the sure-fire way to convince them to stop attacking us. One of the most interesting ideas I heard was napalm-armed bats that would be released from helicopters, take refuge during the daylight in villages and then, after a certain amount of time, would burst into flames, setting entire areas of fire. Wow... bats? Napalm?!

In any event, I think Nazi (not German) atrocities against humanity are more documented than Japanese ones, hence the Nazi bashing.

sappstuf
8/4/2011, 12:13 PM
In general, the entire pacific campaign was ignored. It is somewhat understandable, most people in the 40s still had friends or relatives in Europe and so that was where the focus was on.

Look at the precentage rate of surival of our troops in German hands versus Japanese hands and the Germans start to appear very gentlemanly... The Germans treated the Russians much differently from our and very brutally. Again, from the American perspective that experience has been downplayed.

EDIT:

This was what I was looking for..

According to the findings of the Tokyo Tribunal, the death rate of Western prisoners was 27.1%, seven times that of POWs under the Germans and Italians. The death rate of Chinese was much larger. Thus, while 37,583 prisoners from the United Kingdom, Commonwealth and Dominions, 28,500 from Netherlands and 14,473 from the United States were released after the surrender of Japan, the number for the Chinese was only 56.

To answer your question, it is probably because making fun of Japanese usually included race and the Germans not so much.

cleller
8/4/2011, 12:29 PM
Good to see I'm not alone. Those who want to apologize should read up on Gen. Curtis Lemay, and his firebombing of a few Japanese cities. Incredible. That guy knew how to wage some war.

Another piece of the puzzle may be that the Japanese quickly responded positively to US occupation. In Germany the country was torn in half and things got confusing.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 12:51 PM
just as the people living in the U.S. today had nothing to do with slavery, the people living in Japan today had little/nothing to do with the atrocities committed by their country before and during the war 60+ years ago

I personally think that Japan has risen out of those ashes quite well and been a productive country and a good ally

to continue to harbor bad feelings is a sign of immaturity and stupidity ....just my opinion

Sooner24
8/4/2011, 12:53 PM
A friend of mine is a supervisor, at a tire plant in Tennessee, that is a Japanese owned company. The big wigs flew in from Japan to inspect the plant. As the big bosses approached one of the tire builders took off his shirt to reveal his t-shirt underneath.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/jediwarriors/T-shirt/p%20Too/Nuclear_Gray.jpg

They sent the guy home but couldn't fire him because the union fought it and won.

cleller
8/4/2011, 12:58 PM
just as the people living in the U.S. today had nothing to do with slavery, the people living in Japan today had little/nothing to do with the atrocities committed by their country before and during the war 60+ years ago

I personally think that Japan has risen out of those ashes quite well and been a productive country and a good ally

to continue to harbor bad feelings is a sign of immaturity and stupidity ....just my opinion

Oh, and let me be clear, I was mostly talking about referring to the two countries in discussions about WW II. Germany is clearly the economic powerhouse of Europe, while Japan has pulled itself back from catastrophe without screaming for handouts.
Probably why both were such tough opponents back when.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:00 PM
Oh, and let me be clear, I was mostly talking about referring to the two countries in discussions about WW II. Germany is clearly the economic powerhouse of Europe, while Japan has pulled itself back from catastrophe without screaming for handouts.
Probably why both were such tough opponents back when.

i wasnt responding to your post exactly

i think the holocaust is the main reason we can point directly to what Germany did to the Jews (God's chosen people)

Japan mainly committed their atrocities in China (clearly not Gods chosen people)

plus Japan makes a better stereo than Germany

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 01:01 PM

You don't understand Japan or Japanese history if you don't understand the degree to which they dwell on the past. It's also pretty clear from the way they teach that history that they've never really taken responsibility for the atrocities they were responsible for.

Germany, to this day, still pays for its atrocities. Germany was held responsible, it owned up to its atrocities, it continues to make amends for the atrocities it committed, and it has truly rejected its history.

If you understood anything about Japan then you would know that virtually none of that is the case with them. When they reject their past atrocities and history to the same degree that Germany has been forced to over the same number of years and made financial amends THEN and only then should we allow the past to be the past with Japan. Doing anything else is a disservice to history, an insult to those who suffered at their hands, and naive.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 01:02 PM
Japan mainly committed their atrocities in China (clearly not Gods chosen people)

Wow. Seriously?

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:02 PM
ok sic'em....i always feel better when i disagree with you on something

badger
8/4/2011, 01:03 PM
They sent the guy home but couldn't fire him because the union fought it and won.

Oh man, that's awful, but he probably would have been decked in the head a few times if he was wearing a hurricane shirt :(

Come to think of it, that might be another reason why Japan isn't really getting a lot of international bashing. We've all faced our natural disasters at some point in our lifetime and we know how tough it is and our heart goes out to them in their time of need, yknow?

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 01:07 PM
Japan's atrocities were every bit as horrific and their treatment of American POWs equaled that of the treatment of Jews by Germany except in numbers.

No what this really has to do with is the importance of the Japanese economy in the United States and not wanting to offend them. Money trumps everything else in the United States and money makes Americans have a very short term memory. It's also racial in that it isn't politically correct to point out the atrocities of a non-caucuasian race.

Sooner24
8/4/2011, 01:07 PM
Oh man, that's awful, but he probably would have been decked in the head a few times if he was wearing a hurricane shirt :(

Come to think of it, that might be another reason why Japan isn't really getting a lot of international bashing. We've all faced our natural disasters at some point in our lifetime and we know how tough it is and our heart goes out to them in their time of need, yknow?

This happened several years ago.

badger
8/4/2011, 01:09 PM
This happened several years ago.

Ok then... an Xbox shirt :D

:mad: How DARE you video game with that stupid yankee company! How DARE you shun our vastly superior Sony and Nintendo products!

;)

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 01:16 PM
Ok then... an Xbox shirt :D

:mad: How DARE you video game with that stupid yankee company! How DARE you shun our vastly superior Sony and Nintendo products!

;)

Yankee company you say? Allow me to shun them as well. ;)

cantwait48
8/4/2011, 01:24 PM
prolly cause the germans bombed pearl harbor

cleller
8/4/2011, 01:46 PM

Sneaky Krauts! (see what I mean?)

Pricetag
8/4/2011, 01:52 PM
Yankee company you say? Allow me to shun them as well. ;)
Funny that you mention this--I think your hatred of the Japanese is perhaps the only place where your poseurdom exceeds your Civil War stuff.

You've written of your grandfather's opinion of them, but he earned the right to that opinion by actually fighting in the war. I don't doubt that what you've read in books is true, but your talking like you do, calling them "Nips," etc., is a smack in the face to all those people who have actually been there.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 01:53 PM
Funny that you mention this--I think your hatred of the Japanese is perhaps the only place where your poseurdom exceeds your Civil War stuff.

You've written of your grandfather's opinion of them, but he earned the right to that opinion by actually fighting in the war. I don't doubt that what you've read in books is true, but your talking like you do, calling them "Nips," etc., is a smack in the face to all those people who have actually been there.

I'm about to talk about some nips too. It is flat out cold in this building.

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2011, 01:55 PM
Why don't we ever make fun of the Eyetalians? They were like the forgotten bad guys in that war.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:55 PM

it makes him feel like he belongs

i'll say it again - immature and ignorant

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 02:05 PM
This is an easy one. The Japanese gave us Godzilla movies whilst German films are BORING!

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:10 PM

When did I call them nips? Anyway, my grandfather's horror stories aside, I do not like the fact that Japanese companies have never had to pay reparations for using American POWs as a slave labor force in the same way that German companies have had to pay Jewish groups reparations for using them as a slave labor force. Furthermore, purely as an American, I take offense to the fact that they have yet to take ownership of their atrocities or responsibility for starting the war.

Your logic here is pretty silly. You're saying that because I wasn't in the war that I haven't earned the right to be offended by their treatment of American POWs, Chinese citizens, and the people of all the Asian territories that they brutally conquered? That's pretty silly.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:12 PM
This is an easy one. The Japanese gave us Godzilla movies whilst German films are BORING!

I'll see your Godzilla and raise you Das Boot.

SoonerNate
8/4/2011, 02:13 PM
because they are white

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:13 PM
it makes him feel like he belongs

i'll say it again - immature and ignorant

Belong to what?

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:14 PM
Belong to what?

The Arian Nation.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:16 PM
The Arian Nation.

Ohhhh them. Are they the ones that get to dress up in camo and play army in the woods?

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:17 PM
Ohhhh them. Are they the ones that get to dress up in camo and play army in the woods?

Yes, and they make a mean bonfire.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:22 PM
Yes, and they make a mean bonfire.

I think they rejected me because my arms are too scrawny for the prerequisite tattoos.

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 02:25 PM
We didn't exactly discourage the Japanese from being expansionistic, blantantly turned our back on Korea and gave it to the Japanese. Of course, we weren't exactly being friendly over in the Phillipines, which is where the Japanese learned how to treat their territories.

3rdgensooner
8/4/2011, 02:28 PM
Where's IHBF when we need him?

Veritas
8/4/2011, 02:34 PM
This is because there were so much more Chinese for them to torture and kill and their window of opportunity was so much longer. But the Japanese committed atrocities to every people that they occupied. The Phillipines are a good example, where the Japanese would routinely murder citizens in retaliation for military operations conducted by Wendell Fertig/USFIP on Mindanao.

The Japanese atrocities committed on the islands they occupied were poorly documented primarily because the island cultures were pretty primitive.

The Japanese were homogeneously barbaric; their sadism was not confined to certain groups as was true of the SS within the German Wehrmacht.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 02:41 PM
This is because there were so much more Chinese for them to torture and kill and their window of opportunity was so much longer. But the Japanese committed atrocities to every people that they occupied. The Phillipines are a good example, where the Japanese would routinely murder citizens in retaliation for military operations conducted by Wendell Fertig/USFIP on Mindanao.

The Japanese atrocities committed on the islands they occupied were poorly documented primarily because the island cultures were pretty primitive.

The Japanese were homogeneously barbaric; their sadism was not confined to certain groups as was true of the SS within the German Wehrmacht.

nowhere did i say that the Japanese committed atrocities only on the Chinese

anybody know who introduced the concept of imperialism to the Japanese?

XingTheRubicon
8/4/2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew Dice Clay
didn't we drop 2 bombs on these people a few years ago?

what was in those bombs, fertilizer?

oohhwaaaageeeee

Eielson
8/4/2011, 02:58 PM
You're saying that because I wasn't in the war that I haven't earned the right to be offended by their treatment of American POWs, Chinese citizens, and the people of all the Asian territories that they brutally conquered?

You're only allowed to be offended by Nazis. We have a whole thread about this.

Pricetag
8/4/2011, 03:00 PM
When did I call them nips? Anyway, my grandfather's horror stories aside, I do not like the fact that Japanese companies have never had to pay reparations for using American POWs as a slave labor force in the same way that German companies have had to pay Jewish groups reparations for using them as a slave labor force. Furthermore, purely as an American, I take offense to the fact that they have yet to take ownership of their atrocities or responsibility for starting the war.

Your logic here is pretty silly. You're saying that because I wasn't in the war that I haven't earned the right to be offended by their treatment of American POWs, Chinese citizens, and the people of all the Asian territories that they brutally conquered? That's pretty silly.
Here's where you called them that, and you were proud of it:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1858519&postcount=8

You're free to whatever opinion you form, but leave the tough talk to your grandfather.

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 03:02 PM

Psst, we kinda did the same thing in the Phillipines

Eielson
8/4/2011, 03:05 PM
If Nips is bad, is it bad that I call them Japs?

Veritas
8/4/2011, 03:16 PM
Psst, we kinda did the same thing in the Phillipines
That's disputed, but either way it isn't relevant to this discussion.

cleller
8/4/2011, 03:16 PM
Just to stoke the fires:
Suppose SickEmBaylor had said something like "for what they did during the holocaust those jackbooted storm trooper Hitler Youth Nazis should all crawl into one of their crematoriums and burn themselves into the Fourth Reich."

Would anyone of have challenged him the way he has been for his attacks on the Japanese?

Do we now say the Nazi's were the bad ones, not all Germans? So until we come up for a name for the evil Japanese military-types, we have to leave them all alone?
The Japanese had a very different mindset. An enemy was to be destroyed, and never trusted. That is what they felt everyone thought, and could not imagine the concept of surrender, or humane treatment of prisoners or conquered people.

Its just what I thought would happen. Bashing the Japanese will start an argument, bashing Germans (usually) won't.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2011, 03:52 PM
if you were old enough to realize (part of) what was going on during WWII
, you might feel the same (or similar) toward japs & krauts.

i have similer feelings toward both groups.

Curtis LeMay developed great strategy for bombing the japs. stripped all guns & gunners from B-29s & had them come in @ about 5000' with incendaries.

some of the firestorms were about as bad (killed as many) as the a-bombs.

one reason for a-bombs in japan, was to end war quickly (of course), before
russkys came in to fight japs & thus take some of japan, like they did germany

stalin was as bad as hitler in many ways.

texaspokieokie
8/4/2011, 03:53 PM
italians ended up being the butt of countless jokes.

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 03:58 PM
That's disputed, but either way it isn't relevant to this discussion.

Sure it is, if attrocities commited in the name of expanded an empire is to be brought, the US has a pretty long and brutal history on it's own.

It was common teaching in the US that "aryan" nations were superior. We also kind of annoited the Japanese as "Aryan's of the Far-East" and treated them that way pre-WWII. Not that they were perfect and we corrupted them, but they did learn that certain behavior was acceptable by Western Civilization standards.

We only got pissed at them because they treated us and other "civilized" nations citizens as poorly as they treated "uncivilized"

Sooner98
8/4/2011, 04:10 PM
Sushi Neko > Royal Bavaria

sooner_born_1960
8/4/2011, 04:15 PM
re: The original post. Who ever said it wasn't ok to make fun of the Japanese?

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 04:25 PM
If Nips is bad, is it bad that I call them Japs?

I do love me a nice set of nips.

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 04:36 PM
Hell I make fun of all of em, Gooks, Nips, Krauts, Rag heads,whatever ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 04:50 PM
I like nips on a cold winter day.

Eielson
8/4/2011, 05:01 PM
I like nips on a cold winter day.

http://www.nps.gov/aleu/historyculture/images/17_Japanese_winter_moire_pattern_maybe.jpg

You like this, huh?

Sooner_Tuf
8/4/2011, 05:12 PM
I make fun of everyone, including myself.

Eielson
8/4/2011, 05:14 PM
I make fun of everyone, including myself.

Racist.

StoopTroup
8/4/2011, 05:15 PM
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever making fun of or reminding people of Jap history in WWII. None. at. all. I detest the bastards.

There are several reasons why but the most important of which is the fact that Germans are white and Asians are not. It's the same reason why it's okay to make fun of white people, but you don't dare make fun of black people without being labeled a Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Do you wash your own robes or is it ok to have them dry cleaned in Mississippi? :D ;)

StoopTroup
8/4/2011, 05:19 PM
I don't like to be called a Cracker unless it's Mr. Cracker. I prefer Brother over Homie but I like Okla-Homey. White Son of a Bitch is also not one of my favorites.

Also us Irish have taken way more **** than anyone in this Country and it's about time we receive our Civil War reparations.

cccasooner2
8/4/2011, 05:35 PM
Germans have a sense of humor, the nips don't.

StoopTroup
8/4/2011, 05:50 PM
You must not have seen them do Kareoke.

=O1AxX--Pmb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 06:24 PM
This message is hidden because StoopTroup is on your ignore list.

#Winning

cleller
8/4/2011, 06:27 PM
OK, for the next thread - should it be:

You're White, You're male, You're From Mississippi: You are a Bigot. (in honor of SicEmBaylor, and my own deep Mississippi roots)

or:
Would You Rather Be a Nazi or Communist? Stalin or Hitler the King of the Mass Murder?

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 07:35 PM
Actually, he's from Oklahoma. However, he is an avowed confederate lover.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 09:11 PM
OK, for the next thread - should it be:

You're White, You're male, You're From Mississippi: You are a Bigot. (in honor of SicEmBaylor, and my own deep Mississippi roots)

or:
Would You Rather Be a Nazi or Communist? Stalin or Hitler the King of the Mass Murder?

I'm pretty curious to find out how I'm a bigot.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 09:48 PM

go back and read all your bigoted drivel since you started posting here?

BigTip
8/4/2011, 09:52 PM
http://ecdn3.hark.com/images/000/037/384/37384/original.0

BudSooner
8/4/2011, 10:12 PM
Sic, didn't you drive a Miata at one point? ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 10:30 PM
go back and read all your bigoted drivel since you started posting here?

Cut and paste the highlights for me.

MR2-Sooner86
8/4/2011, 11:10 PM
http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/wwcod/image8-2.gif

That's a big reason we can't make fun of the Japs. We locked up allot of them in camps so they suffered enough according to some.

Of course the Japs in those camps were treated much better than our POWs were treated.

Lets not forget they would shoot Americans in the gut and let their doctors operate on them, with no drugs, for practice. If they died, they died. During the Bataan Death March tanks would roll in and out of the American prisoner lines. Japanese soldiers would walk by and randomly stab Americans. The lucky ones got shot but some were left to slowly die on the sides of the road. They did some really, really, really, really bad things to our boys.

Saying Americans, as a whole, did the same is just asinine but I've come to expect that from progressive pacifist that call Americans terrorist for dropping the bombs and don't know a thing about history from the war.

BajaOklahoma
8/4/2011, 11:22 PM
My great uncle Ted survived the Bataan Death March.
He would never eat outside (picnics) or if any type of bug was found near the kitchen while food was being prepared (a fly in the house, not just the kitchen). And he would do/say crazy things.
I've often wondered what he would have been like if he hadn't gone through that.

Harry Beanbag
8/5/2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/wwcod/image8-2.gif

That's a big reason we can't make fun of the Japs. We locked up allot of them in camps so they suffered enough according to some.

Of course the Japs in those camps were treated much better than our POWs were treated.

Lets not forget they would shoot Americans in the gut and let their doctors operate on them, with no drugs, for practice. If they died, they died. During the Bataan Death March tanks would roll in and out of the American prisoner lines. Japanese soldiers would walk by and randomly stab Americans. The lucky ones got shot but some were left to slowly die on the sides of the road. They did some really, really, really, really bad things to our boys.

Saying Americans, as a whole, did the same is just asinine but I've come to expect that from progressive pacifist that call Americans terrorist for dropping the bombs and don't know a thing about history from the war.

Have you heard about the things they would do to Marines that got separated from their units and captured? Inhuman is the only word that can come close to describing it.

cleller
8/5/2011, 07:32 AM

I meant it as an double reverse jab at the "enlightened". They pride themselves on their tolerance, but will assume any white guy in Mississippi is a racist Klukker.

stoopified
8/5/2011, 02:28 PM
My daughter and her husband are visiting, and last night we watched the old movie The Secret of Santa Vittoria, where the villagers hide their wine from the Germans.
I brought up the oddball observation that it seems to be culturally acceptable to ridicule the Germans/Nazis any way you want in regard to WW II, but there seems to be a sense that the Japanese are now off limits in that regard.

Both were guilty of horrible atrocities, with the Nazi's crimes always center stage. The Japanese raped and pillaged from all their neighbors, and enslaved, tortured and executed prisoners at an alarming rate. Our servicemen suffered some unthinkable fates at Japanese hands.

That's why I never understood the idea of apologizing for the nuclear attacks on them. Had we not used those bombs, and were forced to invade, or firebomb, a great many more Japanese would have died.

Not trying to take away Nazi guilt by any means, just thought it might be a topic to generate some polite and civil discussion.

I agree and i don't get it either.

stoopified
8/5/2011, 02:33 PM
This thread brings to mind a stat abot POWs in WWII.I may not recall precisely but I know I am in the ballpark in that 3% of captured Americans died in German custody while 27 % of Americans in Japanese custody died.

Pricetag
8/5/2011, 04:55 PM
I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

It's because the Germans started two World Wars, and the Japanese were only an accessory to one. That has to be it.

SoonerKnight
8/5/2011, 07:46 PM
You don't understand Japan or Japanese history if you don't understand the degree to which they dwell on the past. It's also pretty clear from the way they teach that history that they've never really taken responsibility for the atrocities they were responsible for.

Germany, to this day, still pays for its atrocities. Germany was held responsible, it owned up to its atrocities, it continues to make amends for the atrocities it committed, and it has truly rejected its history.

If you understood anything about Japan then you would know that virtually none of that is the case with them. When they reject their past atrocities and history to the same degree that Germany has been forced to over the same number of years and made financial amends THEN and only then should we allow the past to be the past with Japan. Doing anything else is a disservice to history, an insult to those who suffered at their hands, and naive.

Germany committed a lot higher profile atrocities then Japan. The U.S. took over Japan and really changed the culture. No, doubt that Germany would if they rise again. The hatred really flows in Europe still today. The Japenese well we evened it out with the atomic bombs and we changed their society a lot. We also took all U.S. Citizens that were Japanese and put them in camps. I'd say it evens out. Plus we have bases in Japan that are vital to U.S. security.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/5/2011, 09:21 PM
Sic em,

Why do you hate the Japanese? Most of them weren't alive (or were just children) during World War II. They had nothing to do with WWII atrocities.

For the last 50 years, they are among our best friends.

picasso
8/6/2011, 04:23 PM
Google The Rape of Nanking.

Eielson
8/6/2011, 04:28 PM
I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

It's because the Germans started two World Wars, and the Japanese were only an accessory to one. That has to be it.

Saying the Germans started WWI is nonsense.

Saying Japan was "only an accessory" to WWII to a group of American is also silly.

ouwasp
8/7/2011, 01:37 PM
Back to OP, it's easy.... all in the name of political correctness. For instance, why is it white males are made to look like dumba$$es in so many commercials while other ethnic groups usually come off looking cool and clever?

What would be interesting is if anybody in Hollywood would have the balls to film an accurate portrayal of the Bataan Death March.

For goodness sake, I even saw some apologists spring up for the Jap General Homma(in command of the Philipines area) that was executed for atrocities after the war.

Memtig14
8/7/2011, 01:48 PM
Back to OP, it's easy.... all in the name of political correctness. For instance, why is it white males are made to look like dumba$$es in so many commercials while other ethnic groups usually come off looking cool and clever?

I agree.......but that is a whole different topic and some here don't like discussing that.

Memtig14
8/7/2011, 01:52 PM
Actually, he's from Oklahoma. However, he is an avowed confederate lover.

What is wrong with that.

It is OK for blacks to call themselves "African-American" and be proud of their culture even though genocide and slavery is still practiced in Africa to this day.

You can be proud of your heritage and still not agree with everything they did 150 years ago.

cccasooner2
8/7/2011, 02:14 PM
The Germans are as happy as a little girl.

Jc7lPwfQAKk&feature

Memtig14
8/7/2011, 04:06 PM
Just saw a thing on TV showing when Tyson went nuts at a prefight meeting and he started screaming white racial slurs....never heard a thing about that.

I dare to say had a white boxer done that he would have been made an outcast.

jk the sooner fan
8/7/2011, 04:55 PM
mike tyson is an outcast