PDA

View Full Version : Archie Bradley update

badger
8/4/2011, 10:22 AM
Not in camp yet.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110804_92_B1_Hsbgra998351)

I know he's an MLB first rounder, but he told the Tulsa World that he's gonna be at OU if he can't get a deal worked out with the Diamondbacks by the Aug. 15 deadline. Also some NCAA issue that needs to be resolved.

Will probably redshirt this year if he stays at OU, but cool to hear he's keeping his football opinion open.

sperry
8/4/2011, 11:12 AM
I would love to have him, but I can't see him ever starting at QB for OU if he's missing spring practice every year to play baseball. Frankly, this kid should just take his millions of dollars, and if baseball doesn't work out he can always pull a Weeden.

REDREX
8/4/2011, 11:42 AM
The kid from Owasso that was picked 4th is asking for $30 Million----Bradley was picked 6th---Don't know what he is asking for but he will not be going to school

The Maestro
8/4/2011, 12:08 PM
Great friend of mine has known Archie for years...he is dating my friends niece.

Archie is headed for the DBacks...in fact, found out this morning I might be playing golf with him and my buddy next Friday or Saturday. If he signs before then, he's buying!

sooneredaco
8/4/2011, 12:44 PM
The kid from Owasso that was picked 4th is asking for $30 Million----Bradley was picked 6th---Don't know what he is asking for but he will not be going to school

^^
This. And who can blame him...

badger
8/4/2011, 12:46 PM
Its OK. Lots of baseball players make their pro money in that sport, then return for college football a few years later.

SoonerofAlabama
8/4/2011, 01:55 PM
Take the money, you'll have your shot at college later if you want it.

sperry
8/4/2011, 02:10 PM

The problem is they aren't going to get anything near what they're asking for, which is why they might end up in school. Stephen Strasburg got $15 million, and he was the number one overall pick, a college player, and probably the best pitching prospect in 20 years. Bradley or Bundy will be lucky to get half that, and they are apparently drawing a hard line at their numbers.

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2011, 03:01 PM
Its OK. Lots of baseball players make their pro money in that sport, then return for college football a few years later.

Xactly! We'll beat the pokes when they have their late 20's QB and then we'll beat them in a few years with our late 20's QB. Symmetry.