PDA

View Full Version : OU v Whorns best rivalry left???

Soonermagik
8/3/2011, 09:34 PM
With Ohio State losing the sweater vest and Michigan being crap.... that makes OUr rivalry top shelf if you ask me.

Plus, with ESPiN putting on the shorthorn network they have a vested interest to make sure this rivalry stays near the top. Am I just a homer?

Curly Bill
8/3/2011, 09:40 PM
I've always thought OU -v- whorns was the top.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/3/2011, 09:46 PM
I think its gotta be USC vs UCLA.

Just kidding. Many of the traditional powers are down right now so if nothing else it is OU/Tejas by default.

Curly Bill
8/3/2011, 09:49 PM
I just think more often than not with OU/whorns the teams are both more evenly matched, and higher ranked, than some of the other rivalries are.

...but yeah, I'm a bit biased.

BillySimmons
8/3/2011, 09:49 PM
Only one currently that would even be close is Alabama/Auburn.

TahoeSOONER
8/3/2011, 10:14 PM
Te*a5 7ongwhorn happen to be where they belong, down.

trey
8/3/2011, 10:32 PM

I have to go with bama v auburn. They have won the last 2 bcs titles.

SoonerofAlabama
8/3/2011, 10:40 PM
As long as we are talking rivalries, does anyone else hate Michigan and Ohio States' rivalries' name? "The Game"? Come on.

sooneredaco
8/3/2011, 10:48 PM
Oklahoma Sooners v Texa5 7onghorns in my opinion is at the top of the list. Alabama v Aubern is a good one, but OUr rivalry is consistently more competitive IMHO.

BigTip
8/3/2011, 11:03 PM
It's not the best by default, it's the best because it always has been the best.
It is unique.
Having the game at the same neutral site alone makes it unique.
The states themselves have had border conflicts, creating a pre-made rivalry
It has been an even contest since WWII.
The contestants are usually highly ranked, the game usually has national implications.
More arrests made in pre-game partying than any other game (at least in the good ol' days gone by!)
Oh, and the #1 reason it's the best rivalry in college football? Sooners!

sooneredaco
8/3/2011, 11:20 PM
Others may be close, but if so... We win because where else can you get a Corny Dog!!!!
:D

oudavid1
8/4/2011, 03:23 AM
Is it the best rivalry, yes. But does Ohio State/Michigan get more viewers...yes.

ESPN says OSU/Michigan.

CincySooner
8/4/2011, 07:28 AM
Is it the best rivalry, yes. But does Ohio State/Michigan get more viewers...yes.

ESPN says OSU/Michigan.

Actually, ESPN says the "best" is whoever they happen to be airing on their networks.

In early October OU/tx is the best.

In late October ND/USC is the best.

In mid November tOSU/Michigan is the best.

They never mention Bama/Auburn because it's always on CBS.

tcrb
8/4/2011, 07:35 AM
With Ohio State losing the sweater vest and Michigan being crap.... that makes OUr rivalry top shelf if you ask me.

Plus, with ESPiN putting on the shorthorn network they have a vested interest to make sure this rivalry stays near the top. Am I just a homer?

I've always thought that OU/ut was the best rivalry in cfb. The fact that it is always played in Dallas, 1/2 way between the two schools, during the texas state fair, and the way the seats are divided 50/50 and split down the 50 yard line makes it unique.

And yes, you are a homer, as am I. ;)

MichiganSooner
8/4/2011, 07:55 AM
Proof might be in the Applebee's fight in San Antonio the other night.

rekamrettuB
8/4/2011, 08:23 AM
Who are you guys kidding...the best rivalry in college football is SEC vs SEC.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/4/2011, 08:55 AM
Army/Navy is definitely the best... :)

85sooners
8/4/2011, 10:30 AM
corny dogs corny dogs!!!!!

kbsooner21
8/4/2011, 10:34 AM
Corny dog and a cold beer for breakfast. How can you beat that?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/4/2011, 09:07 PM
all I know is that Friday of OU/TX weekend at about noon makes me feel like I did as a kid on Christmas eve...Saturday morning at the fair, through the game and the hours following *(especially when we win) is bar none my most favorite day of the year.

oudavid1
8/4/2011, 10:33 PM
Actually, ESPN says the "best" is whoever they happen to be airing on their networks.

In early October OU/tx is the best.

In late October ND/USC is the best.

In mid November tOSU/Michigan is the best.

They never mention Bama/Auburn because it's always on CBS.

But they usually say OSU/Mich is the overall biggest.

cyclonesooner
8/4/2011, 10:47 PM
Ohio State - Michigan rated as top rivalry has always been total BS to me dating back to the 60's. No way their slow motion brand of football could compete with speed and ferocity that OU-Tx. heavyweight bouts exhibited on a yearly basis. However, I'm afraid Alabama-Auburn is equal or slightly superior now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/5/2011, 01:44 AM
Ohio State - Michigan rated as top rivalry has always been total BS to me dating back to the 60's. No way their slow motion brand of football could compete with speed and ferocity that OU-Tx. heavyweight bouts exhibited on a yearly basis. However, I'm afraid Alabama-Auburn is equal or slightly superior now.I think Bammers will start to dominate again. Tiger/War Eagle/Plainsmen bought into Cam Newton, and will be going downhill for a while, anyway.

King Barry's Back
8/5/2011, 08:09 AM
I have to go with bama v auburn. They have won the last 2 bcs titles.

True dat, but Auburn looks to be down this year. Maybe waaayyy down...

Fraggle145
8/5/2011, 08:21 AM

This.