PDA

View Full Version : He may walk on water but he ain't no pro QB...

sooneredaco
8/2/2011, 10:24 PM
It's a Tebow thing you know....

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-02/orton-ahead-of-tebow-broncos-watching-locker-room-ramifications
:D

85sooners
8/2/2011, 10:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
8/2/2011, 11:19 PM
They showed Tebow & Orton both throwing the ball in practice today. I'm not saying Orton is a great QB, but he looks like an NFL quarterback throwing the ball, Tebow on the other hand looks like a fullback throwing the football.

Mike Stoops
8/2/2011, 11:24 PM
But but but Skip Bayless says he'll be better than Bradford.

Breadburner
8/3/2011, 12:11 AM

You have to be kidding....

sooneredaco
8/3/2011, 12:24 AM

It's a know fact that Skippy is an idiot, but if he really said that... Words escape me on just how much of a moron that guy is.

Mike Stoops
8/3/2011, 05:14 AM
He said it alright. He said Bradford was product of a no-huddle/shotgun system and when OU played FLA in the NCG Tebow outplayed Bradford. He also thinks VY is a great NFL QB but Fisher ruined him blah blah blah.

soonercop
8/3/2011, 05:29 AM
Completely disagree. As much as we Sooners like to bash Tebow for the nauseating man-love TV announcers and media in general put on him, the guy is an absolute baller. As a Bronco fan I'm thrilled we got him. I genuinely feel the guy could be the second great Bronco quarterback. Sure, his throwing motion is a bit unorthodox. But, He's big, he's fast, he generates touchdowns, and he's an exciting, emotional leader.

Mike Stoops
8/3/2011, 06:02 AM
You can have him. I lost all respect for him when he threw a hissy fit after Sam won the Heisman.

Hot Rod
8/3/2011, 06:56 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/psyc007/tebowcryingposter.jpg

47straight
8/3/2011, 10:18 AM
Completely disagree. As much as we Sooners like to bash Tebow for the nauseating man-love TV announcers and media in general put on him, the guy is an absolute baller. As a Bronco fan I'm thrilled we got him. I genuinely feel the guy could be the second great Bronco quarterback. Sure, his throwing motion is a bit unorthodox. But, He's big, he's fast, he generates touchdowns, and he's an exciting, emotional leader.

LOL@U

badger
8/3/2011, 10:49 AM
You know what Tebow will be able to contribute with Orton as the primary passer?

Look no further than what he did his froshie year behind Chris Leak.

Run into the endzone on a goalline stance... pretend to run into the endzone then throw a jump pass... run for first downs... run, run, run.

Teebz has endorsements and first rounder money from back before it was scaled. Hasn't done too bad for himself for being a backup.

Mississippi Sooner
8/3/2011, 10:57 AM
Have jorts caught on as a fashion trend in Denver yet?

OU_Sooners75
8/3/2011, 11:58 AM

And if you weren't a broncos fan, you would say he sucks as a NFL qb!

Curly Bill
8/3/2011, 01:46 PM

If you believe this crap, than as a Bronco fan you totally deserve to have Tebow as your QB.

badger
8/3/2011, 02:05 PM
I have cursed the broncos for the rest of eternity for handing the Packers their only Super Bowl bowl loss. Cutting Q wasn't cool, either.

OUMallen
8/3/2011, 02:14 PM
He said it alright. He said Bradford was product of a no-huddle/shotgun system and when OU played FLA in the NCG Tebow outplayed Bradford. He also thinks VY is a great NFL QB but Fisher ruined him blah blah blah.

Percy Harvin outplayed us, I can admit. If you went back to the moment after the game and asked UF fans if they wanted to play us again, the smart ones would have said no.

That being said, and I know the media always overstates things, I can-NOT im-A-gine that a GM and a head coach would ever, ever, ever, ever let fan popularity dictate the starting QB.

PalmBeachSooner
8/3/2011, 02:29 PM

If he has to throw 30-40 times in a game Denver will be in trouble.

The Maestro
8/3/2011, 02:34 PM
BUT HE'S THE FIRST ONE IN THE BUILDING AND THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE!!!!

Meaning, he's like a janitor. I hate when people act like working hard and being dedicated is the only requirement to succeeding in the NFL. You actually have to be really, really good too! Tebow is nothing more than meh!

sappstuf
8/3/2011, 02:44 PM

Did he start out with, "I'm an OU fan, but...."

Bourbon St Sooner
8/3/2011, 04:37 PM
The players want Orton and the fans want Tebow. Who would you trust in that scenario?

Josh McDaniel really did a number on that franchise.

GDC
8/3/2011, 04:52 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/Tim_Tebow_20071223.jpg/225px-Tim_Tebow_20071223.jpg http://content6.flixster.com/photo/83/09/13/8309132_gal.jpg

Private James Frederick Ryan, Minnesota...

Ruf/Nek7
8/3/2011, 04:55 PM

Not too tough to be the "second best" QB in the Bronco's organization. You only had one that was worth a damn

badger
8/3/2011, 05:06 PM
You know, if I were to ever have a son and he turned out to be like Tim Tebow, it wouldn't be so bad.

http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Tim_Tebow_super_bowl_ad.png

There are so many athletes out there that embarrass their alma maters, their teams, their coaches, their home states, their fans, etc. Tebow might be kind of put up on a ridiculous level compared to some, but he really doesn't seem like a bad guy.

And he and his family have a nice story too.

But of course I'd like it much better if I had a son turn out like Sammie :D

bixby28
8/3/2011, 05:17 PM
You have to be kidding....

Bayless also said that Tebow will have won a Super Bowl within 5 years after entering the NFL.

Curly Bill
8/3/2011, 05:23 PM
Bayless also said that Tebow will have won a Super Bowl within 5 years after entering the NFL.

I think ol Skip may just be trying to stir up things and attract viewers/attention. He can't be that stupid. ;)

Wishboned
8/3/2011, 07:24 PM

Second great? He's barely second best on the current team.

VA Sooner
8/3/2011, 07:31 PM
I've watched Orton for years and always thought he had a very awkward throwing motion as well... like his elbow is out of joint or something.

And if the players and the folks watching camp are clamoring for Orton over Tebow, there definitely is something there. Can't knock Tebow for really trying... the kid really puts his all into it.

But in the end... he's destined to be a halfback or a QB with a known M.O. in the wildcat formation on goal line stands.

sooneredaco
8/3/2011, 11:54 PM
He may not even be the second best on the team this year! Looks like 'ole Brady Quinn is nipping at that #2 spot

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcwest&id=29965

GDC
8/4/2011, 02:15 PM
Here is an article about a real NFL quarterback.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20110802_223_B6_CUTLIN39572&archive=yes

delhalew
8/4/2011, 03:06 PM

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20110802_223_B6_CUTLIN39572&archive=yes

Thank you, for a good article about a real top tier QB.

sooneredaco
8/4/2011, 03:57 PM

This just goes to show how full of sh!t Skip is

KantoSooner
8/4/2011, 04:08 PM
If you want Tebow to be the starter, then you have to assume that Denver will use him in a sort of Vick role. He's not a pocket passer, not a drop back guy; you have to utilize his running ability if you're making him the starter.

Now, do the Broncos have the rest of the pieces to run that sort of offense? If not, then you're going to force square peg Tebow into round hole passing offense.

If he's called upon or forced to pass more than, say 25 times a game, his 'unorthodox passing motion' (read: 'crappy passing mechanics') will generate 2-3 interceptions per game. He got away with it in college partly due to not throwing that often, partly due to lower level DBs defending. In the NFL, the defenders will make of him a joke.

I look forward to watching the playing out of this cruel athletic morallity play.

LakeRat
8/4/2011, 05:05 PM
Only if your playing PS3 is he very good.

ictsooner7
8/4/2011, 07:41 PM

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/4/2011, 08:32 PM

Bayless makes living saying and writing things that get people to talk about him, retweet him, and comment on him on message boards. No way he believes half the stuff he says. I give him credit for being smart enough to keep his name out there by drawing us passionate fans offisides

Tebow is a lightening rod..period. Yes he beat us in a MNC game, so I hate him. But he played great. Yes he, especially in that game, is a huge grandstander and knows when he camera is on him, but he is a kid...and as much as I hate to say it.....he is a great kid who shares a lot of the same values and beliefs I do.

So, although I dont expect him to do well in the NFL, Id be happy for him if he was the next John Elway