PDA

View Full Version : All-Inclusive Vacations???

northspeter
8/2/2011, 07:37 PM
carribean style.... where is the best bang for your buck???

p.s. no kids....

GKeeper316
8/2/2011, 07:40 PM

p.s. no kids....

hedonism.

Penguin
8/2/2011, 07:47 PM
YVtEX1J7tXQ

GKeeper316
8/2/2011, 07:49 PM
ya well when we went down there, we hooked up with a buncha girls shooting a swimsuit calendar. my buddy rob brought one home with him. then she threw all his money up her nose and took off.

it was awesome.

C&CDean
8/2/2011, 07:50 PM
Never do an all-inclusive. I'm going to dinner in Memphis, but when I get back I'll tell you why. Maybe. All-inclusives are for fat, lazy folks who spend a ton of money to go somewhere in the world and then lay by the pool. You can do that **** at the local YMCA or Ramada Inn.

salth2o
8/2/2011, 07:58 PM
YVtEX1J7tXQ

W.........T............F..........?????????????

Boomer.....
8/2/2011, 08:10 PM
Never do an all-inclusive. I'm going to dinner in Memphis, but when I get back I'll tell you why. Maybe. All-inclusives are for fat, lazy folks who spend a ton of money to go somewhere in the world and then lay by the pool. You can do that **** at the local YMCA or Ramada Inn.

I disagree. If there's a choice, its the only way to go. Not even counting the alcohol, you will make up the cost in food. Each time we have done it, the restaurants were amazing and there are usually at least 5-8 to chose from. It's also nice not having to worry about having money for drinks/food.

I would look into Cozumel, the Riviera Maya, or Playa areas.

GDC
8/2/2011, 08:27 PM
The rippin' and the tearin'...

C&CDean
8/3/2011, 08:08 AM
I disagree. If there's a choice, its the only way to go. Not even counting the alcohol, you will make up the cost in food. Each time we have done it, the restaurants were amazing and there are usually at least 5-8 to chose from. It's also nice not having to worry about having money for drinks/food.

If all you're gonna do is lay by the pool.

I did one all-inclusive - and it was the biggest waste of time/money ever. Why? Because I'm not a pool layer byer. If I travel 2,000 miles or more to go somewhere I've never been, I want to be out and about. When we did our all inclusive in Mexico, the first day was great. Good food, booze, private beach, etc. Then it was just groundhog day.

The second day we went into town and were having a ball checking stuff out - but alas - it became lunch time. We had payed for the all-inclusive so we felt obligated to go back to the resort to eat. Same thing for dinner. We had found so many cool things to do by the 3rd day we said "**** it" and just ate breakfast at the resort. The rest of the day/night we checked things out, partied/ate with the locals and had a great time.

If you're a couch potato then yes, by all means do the AI. If you like to check out local food/sites/take side trips/etc. then don't.

NormanPride
8/3/2011, 08:58 AM
It all depends on what kind of vacation you want, Dean. Some people go for the scenery, which you can get laying by the pool and on a couple excursions. Some people go to get wasted, which you can do for free in the pool bars. Some go to relax and do nothing while getting away...

And some, like you and me, get away to experience new things and see different cultures.

Barry's_Scowl
8/3/2011, 09:09 AM

Totally disagree. Went to a Sandals all-inclusive in the Bahamas. Yes, they had two pools, but they also had a large, clean, private beach, another private island with hourly ferries, scuba outings, snorkel tours, and six restaurants all included.

Saw stingrays from the beach each evening and saw hundreds of different fish on one of their included snorkel tours.

Never had to worry about carrying cash, quality of food, or our safety (parts of Nassau can be rough).

Partial Qualifier
8/3/2011, 09:23 AM
Northspeter, are you going by yourself? Just you and your wife?

The last vacation we did was an AI, took my wife and son to the Riviera Maya area and it was absolutely awesome. My son and I are the antithesis of "couch potatoes" and we loved every second of that trip, we still talk about it. Great beach, and pools, incredible food. Lots of stuff to explore onsite (caves, cenotes, jungle areas with all sorts of weird creatures living in it)

We used the local public transportation to do several side trips to Mayan ruins and a large, swimmable cenote -- the AI's location made that possible.

If you choose an AI in a bad location, or simply a crappy budget AI, you might wind up wishing you'd rented a condo and tried your luck at area restaurants. For better or worse, you're stuck with the AI you choose so first decide what kind of vacation you want, then research like mad.

We Researched AI's on tripadvisor and such for months before booking the trip - we changed our minds a dozen times as we tried to figure out what exactly we wanted - Easy travel, Good food, lots to do onsite, kid-friendly, close to area attractions. Barcelo Maya Palace is where we wound up.

Taxman71
8/3/2011, 09:24 AM
IMHO, you can justify doing both. I have done AI and non-AI and now prefer AI. I still eat breakfast/lunch wherever I happen to be, but always reserve late dinners at the finer restaurants on the resort. One big-time dinner per night of drinks, wine, app's, steak, seafood, etc. allows you to break-even financially. Besides, I usually don't like to be out on the town that late in foreign countries.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/3/2011, 09:35 AM
Carlos says try the veal.

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 09:55 AM

you speak the truth. fat, lazy and dont know any better. i've passed up several vacation offers because our friends wanted to stay at that bulls**t. i've never understood the point of traveling to another country not to see it. it's a better value and more enjoyable seeking out the non-resorts. besides the whole carribean thing is totally played out.

texaspokieokie
8/3/2011, 10:00 AM

we're going to cozumel next week, all-inclusive.
done it both ways & prefer all-inclusive.

to each his own !!!

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 10:08 AM
we're going to cozumel next week, all-inclusive.
done it both ways & prefer all-inclusive.

to each his own !!!

your problem is that your did the non all-inclusive the wrong way. trust me, all-inclusives are for suckers.

JLEW1818
8/3/2011, 10:16 AM

p.s. no kids....

All inclusive outlet

google them

Boomer.....
8/3/2011, 10:28 AM
your problem is that your did the non all-inclusive the wrong way. trust me, all-inclusives are for suckers.

Or you could flip that and say you did the all-inclusive the wrong way. I think non all-inclusives are for suckers.

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 10:34 AM
Or you could flip that and say you did the all-inclusive the wrong way. I think non all-inclusives are for suckers.

i see where you might be right. i guess there really is a huge difference between all of the all inclusives out there. and when shopping for one you can be guided by the number of stars they are rated by. i'd rather sleep in a hammock on a beach than swill booze at a pool bar with middle america. but i might be doing it the wrong way. or not.

texaspokieokie
8/3/2011, 10:37 AM

well, i just don't trust you.

mgsooner
8/3/2011, 10:40 AM
i see where you might be right. i guess there really is a huge difference between all of the all inclusives out there. and when shopping for one you can be guided by the number of stars they are rated by. i'd rather sleep in a hammock on a beach than swill booze at a pool bar with middle america. but i might be doing it the wrong way. or not.

You can't sleep in a hammock on a beach at an all-inclusive? You must've been to some sh*tty all-inclusives.

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 10:42 AM
You can't sleep in a hammock on a beach at an all-inclusive? You must've been to some sh*tty all-inclusives.

that pain you feel on you back is my point crashing down on you. read my post 8 more times and you'll finally get it. good luck.

mgsooner
8/3/2011, 10:43 AM
that pain you feel on you back is my point crashing down on you. read my post 8 more times and you'll finally get it. good luck.

That pain you feel in your head is the crushing bitterness you feel about your pathetic sad existence.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2011, 10:45 AM
YVtEX1J7tXQ

And that's the last time we let Howzit out of the house unsupervised.

mgsooner
8/3/2011, 10:46 AM
Moving on, how about instead of coming on here and getting a bunch of bullsh*t "advice" from the extreme bitterness crowd, you just go to some different travel sites and research reviews of both all-inclusive and non all-inclusives from people that have actually been there. Usually those sites also have message boards in which you can ask questions of travelers that have done both. I would probably trust that more than the pig-headed garbage that is spewed on this board on a daily basis from a certain few posters.

texaspokieokie
8/3/2011, 10:49 AM
Moving on, how about instead of coming on here and getting a bunch of bullsh*t "advice" from the extreme bitterness crowd, you just go to some different travel sites and research reviews of both all-inclusive and non all-inclusives from people that have actually been there. Usually those sites also have message boards in which you can ask questions of travelers that have done both. I would probably trust that more than the pig-headed garbage that is spewed on this board on a daily basis from a certain few posters.

me too, but didn't do it cause we've been there (cozumel) before.

XingTheRubicon
8/3/2011, 11:04 AM

seems you're unhappy here

soonersponge
8/3/2011, 11:05 AM

I disagree. Do it because it may cost $150 more a person for a week. Then go out to dinner at night to have great food. You can make up $150 in drinks and breakfasts for what you would spend at restaurants and the bar.

That is my theory at least. I could be wrong.

I like Grand Velas in playa. If I want to order chateaubriand by the pool, I can. And maroma beach is one of the top 10 in the world.

JohnnyMack
8/3/2011, 11:12 AM

You're Hedo Rick, aren't you?

northspeter
8/3/2011, 03:36 PM
Northspeter, are you going by yourself? Just you and your wife?

The last vacation we did was an AI, took my wife and son to the Riviera Maya area and it was absolutely awesome. My son and I are the antithesis of "couch potatoes" and we loved every second of that trip, we still talk about it. Great beach, and pools, incredible food. Lots of stuff to explore onsite (caves, cenotes, jungle areas with all sorts of weird creatures living in it)

We used the local public transportation to do several side trips to Mayan ruins and a large, swimmable cenote -- the AI's location made that possible.

If you choose an AI in a bad location, or simply a crappy budget AI, you might wind up wishing you'd rented a condo and tried your luck at area restaurants. For better or worse, you're stuck with the AI you choose so first decide what kind of vacation you want, then research like mad.

We Researched AI's on tripadvisor and such for months before booking the trip - we changed our minds a dozen times as we tried to figure out what exactly we wanted - Easy travel, Good food, lots to do onsite, kid-friendly, close to area attractions. Barcelo Maya Palace is where we wound up.

going with the girlfriend... and the ones i've researched includes excursions like wind surfing, snorkling, discounted golf... haven't had a vacation in a while.. so im looking forward to just relaxing for a number of days... maybe one or two days of activities and the rest of the time spent on the beach or in the pool, drinking and eating... like the fat, lazy american that i am...

the one i've been eyeing is sandals ocho rios golf and resort... in jamaica...

GDC
8/3/2011, 03:40 PM
Smuggle back some Indio, por favor.

http://www.riverviewendo.com.au/beer/INDIO.jpg

Partial Qualifier
8/3/2011, 03:53 PM
going with the girlfriend... and the ones i've researched includes excursions like wind surfing, snorkling, discounted golf... haven't had a vacation in a while.. so im looking forward to just relaxing for a number of days... maybe one or two days of activities and the rest of the time spent on the beach or in the pool, drinking and eating... like the fat, lazy american that i am...

the one i've been eyeing is sandals ocho rios golf and resort... in jamaica...

Cool - if you wind up there,report back how it was. That course on their site looks pretty sweet

SunnySooner
8/3/2011, 03:54 PM
We rented a vacation house in a private neighborhood in Jamaica one time with some friends, and the house came with servants--two shifts of cooks and maids. They prepared all of our meals, served us, did the clean up, the maids made our beds, cleaned the baths, did our laundry, it RAWWKKED!!! It was on a private beach, had its own security, little bar and store on the beach, etc. We just told them what we liked to eat, and they bought groceries for the week, as well as beer and rum. We then just came and went as we pleased, they scheduled the meals around us, and it was delish, really good cooks.

Anyway, it was like 1/2 the price of Sandals, and we drink like fish. Our house had it's own pool, we could walk to the beach--one of the best, most relaxing vacays we've ever had, and it didn't feel like we had to eat or drink to get our money's worth, they just bought for us as we went along, ya know?

Peem me if you'd like more info, I'll see if I can find the company we went thru, but if you just Google it, there's probably several places that do that kind of thing, not just in Jamaica.

Have a great trip!!

texaspokieokie
8/3/2011, 04:01 PM
went to jamaica once, really enjoyed it.

all inclusive in ocho rios.

C&CDean
8/3/2011, 05:52 PM
Things I've learned from this thread:

We have a ****pot of couch potatoes posting, and we have one or two angry little man/boys.

If you love crappy Caribbean cruises, you'll love the AI places. You're pretty much hostage. Whatever turns y'all on. The AIs are like the big ships. When you get to a port, you have x hours to go buy cheap trinkets from the buzzards who pick the bones of lazy tourists and get back in time for supper. Meh. Sure, they're popular, but may I submit that most people are lazy/stupid as well? Sure I can. Get out and enjoy life and see the world. The private beach and pool in front of your AI ain't it. Like I said, save your $$ and go to a hotel in OKC and lay by the pool. Same experience.

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2011, 05:54 PM

We have a ****pot of couch potatoes posting, and we have one or two angry little man/boys.

If you love crappy Caribbean cruises, you'll love the AI places. You're pretty much hostage. Whatever turns y'all on. The AIs are like the big ships. When you get to a port, you have x hours to go buy cheap trinkets from the buzzards who pick the bones of lazy tourists and get back in time for supper. Meh. Sure, they're popular, but may I submit that most people are lazy/stupid as well? Sure I can. Get out and enjoy life and see the world. The private beach and pool in front of your AI ain't it. Like I said, save your $$ and go to a hotel in OKC and lay by the pool. Same experience.

Which hotels in OKC have the best ocean-side views? TIA!

C&CDean
8/3/2011, 05:59 PM
Which hotels in OKC have the best ocean-side views? TIA!

Imagery. Hell man, you're a Baylorite. You know all about having an active imagination. Besides, when you lay by the pool in OKC with your little umbrella drink, close your eyes, smell the suntan lotion, etc. you're getting the exact experience of being somewhere far away - but not wasting the time/$$. No customs, no waits at the airport. Win win.

soonersponge
8/3/2011, 06:23 PM
I go to Mexico 20 times a year and I can't imagine comparing it to OKC. That would be like saying Bora Bora is like Edmond.

GDC
8/3/2011, 06:30 PM
I love Mexico, especially the area around Puebla.

_YgG1oK9K30

I wonder if there are all-inclusives on the Galapagos Islands?

btk108
8/3/2011, 06:30 PM
I go to Mexico 20 times a year and I can't imagine comparing it to OKC. That would be like saying Bora Bora is like Edmond.

coyote?

GDC
8/3/2011, 06:45 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061013054341/wikiality/images/7/72/Burro-con-cart.gif

C&CDean
8/3/2011, 06:46 PM

Really? Dos Equis? Check. Modelo Negra? Check. Bohemian? Check. Hornitos/Patron/Sauza/Cuervo tequila? Check. Taquerias popping up on every corner? Check. Filthy, dusty 3rd world streets in the "non-tourist areas"? Check. **** pot of mexicans running around speaking spanish and trying to get in your pocket? Check. Mexican food on every corner? Check. Hot? Check. Pool? Check.

There's a lot more similarities than differences. Your comparison just lost.

soonersponge
8/3/2011, 07:03 PM
Really? Dos Equis? Check. Modelo Negra? Check. Bohemian? Check. Hornitos/Patron/Sauza/Cuervo tequila? Check. Taquerias popping up on every corner? Check. Filthy, dusty 3rd world streets in the "non-tourist areas"? Check. **** pot of mexicans running around speaking spanish and trying to get in your pocket? Check. Mexican food on every corner? Check. Hot? Check. Pool? Check.

There's a lot more similarities than differences. Your comparison just lost.

Victoria? Superior? Leon? Montejo?

Mezcal? Tierras?

Tacos de Seso y Ojo?

You are one small minded mf'er.

OrlandoSooner
8/3/2011, 07:19 PM
Wow! Who knew that there was so much pent up frustration about All-Inclusive Vacations? And it isn't just one or two posters. Quite a few people have some strong opinions on the subject.

Would have never guessed.

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2011, 08:04 PM
Imagery. Hell man, you're a Baylorite. You know all about having an active imagination. Besides, when you lay by the pool in OKC with your little umbrella drink, close your eyes, smell the suntan lotion, etc. you're getting the exact experience of being somewhere far away - but not wasting the time/$$. No customs, no waits at the airport. Win win.

There is some truth to this. A decent hotel is a decent hotel. If you're just lounging by the pool sipping margaritas on your vacation, then it doesn't really matter where the hell you are. You could save a lot of money by just staying in Tulsa.

However, I like the ocean. I don't lounge around much, but I'm swimming quite a bit when I'm on vacation and I like to do that in salty water with a current. You just can't find that in Tulsa -- even at Big Splash.

I've been thinking of going on a cruise in early September. The problem is, it's basically just a floating hotel. Sure you're out in the ocean, but you can't exactly dive into that beautiful water whenever you want and go for a swim. For the most part, you're stuck on a floating hotel and the **** you could easily do at a hotel in Tulsa.

Like I said, there's some truth to what Dean says.

C&CDean
8/4/2011, 08:01 AM
Victoria? Superior? Leon? Montejo?

Mezcal? Tierras?

Tacos de Seso y Ojo?

You are one small minded mf'er.

Blow me. I was raised less than 60 miles from Mexico. The first 30+ years of my life - other than a military stint.

I've eaten my weight in hog guts, bovine tongue, but I don't do ears and eyes or brains anymore. Unless you're a native Mexican, I promise I've spent more time in little Mexican villages and towns, more time at Mexican weddings, and have seen much, MUCH more of what the Mexican culture has to offer. I've been up and down the Baja many, many times. My brother and I have flown into Rocky Point, have spent weeks on the beaches there riding 4-wheelers and eating fresh shrimp and fish from the gulf. I dated a girl from Hermosillo. I've been to weddings where the men pass around the stone jug of Bacanora. I've eaten tortillas cooked over wood fires with a big saw blade for the grill.

You go ahead on with your large mind and stay at your little AI that makes you feel all wordly and cultured. Glad you like them. I prefer to see what the locals have to offer.

Boomer.....
8/4/2011, 08:32 AM
Blow me. I was raised less than 60 miles from Mexico. The first 30+ years of my life - other than a military stint.

I've eaten my weight in hog guts, bovine tongue, but I don't do ears and eyes or brains anymore. Unless you're a native Mexican, I promise I've spent more time in little Mexican villages and towns, more time at Mexican weddings, and have seen much, MUCH more of what the Mexican culture has to offer. I've been up and down the Baja many, many times. My brother and I have flown into Rocky Point, have spent weeks on the beaches there riding 4-wheelers and eating fresh shrimp and fish from the gulf. I dated a girl from Hermosillo. I've been to weddings where the men pass around the stone jug of Bacanora. I've eaten tortillas cooked over wood fires with a big saw blade for the grill.

You go ahead on with your large mind and stay at your little AI that makes you feel all wordly and cultured. Glad you like them. I prefer to see what the locals have to offer.

Go on...

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 08:35 AM
Dean really needs his own website - "Ask Dean"

people from all over can send in their questions

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 09:00 AM
Dean really needs his own website - "Ask Dean"

people from all over can send in their questions

Except for the locals, they can just ask him at Tortilla Night.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 09:01 AM
Except for the locals, they can just ask him at Tortilla Night.

:D

soonersponge
8/4/2011, 10:38 AM

Most the time I don't stay in them, but they serve their purpose. You can always be around locals and stay at an AI. I have been in shacks in Guadalajara to the Ritz in Cancun. From the awesome markets in Zihuatanejo and Huatulco to commercial port of Manzanillo. The people are nicer in Mexico than you will ever get in US. Customs is a breeze with global entry. No different than flying to Florida. Some people prefer the US, I prefer being in Messico with my cartel.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 10:43 AM
who has more local mexican street cred? Dean or Sponge?

JohnnyMack
8/4/2011, 10:47 AM
who has more local mexican street cred? Dean or Sponge?

I think we should have a taco eating contest at Bell to decide a winner.

Position Limit
8/4/2011, 10:50 AM
this thread is still going on? people still defending/justifying all inclusives? dean you just need to realize that some folks just dont get it. some people use gas grills and real men use charcoals. and apparently some think a dream vacation is an all u can eat buffet and diabetes inducing diaquiri's. if the original poster is looking for a real getaway south of the boarder look in to yelapa, mexico. it's all you need to know.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 10:53 AM
this thread is still going on? people still defending/justifying all inclusives? dean you just need to realize that some folks just dont get it. some people use gas grills and real men use charcoals. and apparently some think a dream vacation is an all u can eat buffet and diabetes inducing diaquiri's. if the original poster is looking for a real getaway south of the boarder look in to yelapa, mexico. it's all you need to know.

Or you just need to realize that eveyone has their own likes/dislikes and it's not really up to anybody else to say their opinion is right or wrong.

Carry on, though....

Position Limit
8/4/2011, 11:00 AM
Or you just need to realize that eveyone has their own likes/dislikes and it's not really up to anybody else to say their opinion is right or wrong.

Carry on, though....

i'm just trying to help

JohnnyMack
8/4/2011, 11:03 AM
i'm just trying to help

Opinions are like *******s.

JohnnyMack
8/4/2011, 11:06 AM
And I've been to Mexico twice. I ****ing hated it. Hopefully I'll never return. I'll take my vacations to places like Maine and the PNW. It takes all kinds.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 11:07 AM
i'm just trying to help

If you really wanted to help, you'd just buy me a ticket down there so I can see for myself.

Howzit
8/4/2011, 11:07 AM
i'm just trying to help

Bless your heart.

Howzit
8/4/2011, 11:08 AM
And I've been to Mexico twice. I ****ing hated it. Hopefully I'll never return. I'll take my vacations to places like Maine and the PNW. It takes all kinds.

Shut the **** up, Jesus hater.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/4/2011, 11:11 AM
I do my all inclusives at DCSooner's.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 11:11 AM
"These paintings say Mexico is an ancient thing that will still go on forever telling its own story in slabs of color leaves and fruits and proud naked Indians in a history without shame. Their great city of Tenochtitlan is still here beneath our shoes and history was always just like today full of markets and wanting."

Howzit
8/4/2011, 11:13 AM
I do my all inclusives at DCSooner's.

That's a whooooole different level of all-inclusive.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 11:15 AM
I was all-inclusive, he kept asking for more. :(

mgsooner
8/4/2011, 11:46 AM
MY OPINION IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. THE REST OF YOU ARE JUST FAT, STUPID PEASANTS.

Sincerely,

Mr. Tiny Penis

OutlandTrophy
8/4/2011, 11:51 AM
MY OPINION IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. THE REST OF YOU ARE JUST FAT, STUPID PEASANTS.

Sincerely,

Mr. Tiny Penis

Don't put words into my mouth, sir. That is not my opinion.

XingTheRubicon
8/4/2011, 12:58 PM

Sincerely,

Mr. Tiny Penis

gotta wonder why you had to put "south" in front of the Tulsa in your location...

projecting?

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 01:18 PM
Dean has made me thirsty for a fruity drink with an umbrella.
He often has a similar effect on me.

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 01:31 PM
If all you're gonna do is lay by the pool.

I did one all-inclusive - and it was the biggest waste of time/money ever. Why? Because I'm not a pool layer byer. If I travel 2,000 miles or more to go somewhere I've never been, I want to be out and about. When we did our all inclusive in Mexico, the first day was great. Good food, booze, private beach, etc. Then it was just groundhog day.

The second day we went into town and were having a ball checking stuff out - but alas - it became lunch time. We had payed for the all-inclusive so we felt obligated to go back to the resort to eat. Same thing for dinner. We had found so many cool things to do by the 3rd day we said "**** it" and just ate breakfast at the resort. The rest of the day/night we checked things out, partied/ate with the locals and had a great time.

If you're a couch potato then yes, by all means do the AI. If you like to check out local food/sites/take side trips/etc. then don't.

disagree.
I loved the all inclusive I went to in Mexico. they had all kinds of activities to do, and I went with my friends one night to town, dinner, etc...went on 2 excursions, about $50 each...both were all day things, one was a catamaran trip that took us snorkeling, fed us and boozed us up, the other was a horseback riding trip in the mountains to a tequila factory, again, fed us and boozed us up and also took us to a really cool waterfall.

even with the extra $$ for the excursions and the town thing, it was still cheaper than not doing the all inclusive...the resort itself had water aerobics every morning, water volleyball, kayaking, beach volleyball, snorkeling, wind surfing, a show every night (all complimentary), and a nightclub. it was about $400 for 5 nights, and there was also a liquor dispenser in the room. one day I did stay in the swim up bar all day, but the other days were really busy.

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2011, 01:33 PM
a liquor dispenser in the room.

:eek:

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:34 PM
disagree.
I loved the all inclusive I went to in Mexico. they had all kinds of activities to do, and I went with my friends one night to town, dinner, etc...went on 2 excursions, about $50 each...both were all day things, one was a catamaran trip that took us snorkeling, fed us and boozed us up, the other was a horseback riding trip in the mountains to a tequila factory, again, fed us and boozed us up and also took us to a really cool waterfall.

even with the extra $$ for the excursions and the town thing, it was still cheaper than not doing the all inclusive...the resort itself had water aerobics every morning, water volleyball, kayaking, beach volleyball, snorkeling, wind surfing, a show every night (all complimentary), and a nightclub. it was about $400 for 5 nights, and there was also a liquor dispenser in the room. one day I did stay in the swim up bar all day, but the other days were really busy.

That sounds wonderful, what was the resort?

Howzit
8/4/2011, 01:40 PM
disagree.

Loser.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:42 PM
Loser.

fat.......lazy.....couch potato........no mexican culture street cred having........looser

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 01:44 PM
That sounds wonderful, what was the resort?

Riu Jalisco

http://www.resortvacationstogo.com/hotel/ClubHotel_Riu_Jalisco.html

Position Limit
8/4/2011, 01:49 PM
buffet lines and all you can drink booze. all whilst hanging out with overweight middle 'merica. dreams can come true. show me the way to the zip line jose......

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 01:50 PM
fat.......lazy.....couch potato........no mexican culture street cred having........looser

Yeah, you could've easily found some locals to take you out on some excursions. Or one, anyway.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:51 PM
Like the always fun kidnap and kill the gringo game?

Howzit
8/4/2011, 01:52 PM
Um...that's gringa. You are going to offend brat.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:53 PM
Well, I know that, but I was referring to the guys that like to "experience" mexican culture.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:54 PM
Well, I know that, but I was referring to the guys that like to "experience" mexican culture.

donkey shows are not included in AI vacations

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:55 PM

See, you ask to see that and you are sure to find out about the kidnap/kill gringo game.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 01:56 PM
See, you ask to see that and you are sure to find out about the kidnap/kill gringo game.

shows what i know, i thought those shows were FOR the gringos

Mjcpr
Um...that's gringa. You are going to offend brat.

And it's la gringa. You are going to offend all of the Mexican english teachers.

Mississippi Sooner

Unless you take Johnny Ola along and hook up with Fredo.

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 01:57 PM
buffet lines and all you can drink booze. all whilst hanging out with overweight middle 'merica. dreams can come true. show me the way to the zip line jose......

there was no zip line.

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 01:59 PM
:eek:

srsly. i have a picture of it somewhere, pretty cool. i think it had vodka, rum & tequila in it.

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2011, 02:02 PM
srsly. i have a picture of it somewhere, pretty cool. i think it had vodka, rum & tequila in it.

That would work for me.

Howzit
8/4/2011, 02:02 PM
there was no zip line.

Was there el baņo line?

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 02:03 PM
Was there el baņo line?

not in my room.

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 02:04 PM
i mean there wasn't a line. there was a bano.

GDC
8/4/2011, 02:05 PM
Like the always fun kidnap and kill the gringo game?

I've never been harrassed by citizens in Mexico. The police are a different story, however.

Howzit
8/4/2011, 02:05 PM
i mean there wasn't a line. there was a bano.
Well, if we're talking about your room I would have gladly waited in a line. You are that special to me.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:06 PM
Well, if we're talking about your room I would have gladly waited in a line. You are that special to me.

Choo-choooo!!

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 02:13 PM
i hate all you guys.

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2011, 02:14 PM
:(

Howzit
Jeeeez, why all the angst?

saucysoonergal
i hate all you guys.

Don't bake anything when they come over, that'll show 'em! ;)

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:15 PM
Jeeeez, why all the angst?

I'm sure the other was sore after a while.

Howzit
8/4/2011, 02:16 PM
Choo-choooo!!

Hey! The little engine that could!

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:16 PM
Hey! The little engine that could!

If you need me, I'll be in the caboose.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 02:17 PM
If you need me, I'll be in the caboose.

That reminds me, where is Mongo? ;)

Viking Kitten
8/4/2011, 02:26 PM
Do any of those all-inclusives include meth and weed? I'd love to not risk beheading by a border-town cartel next time I trek down for a few kilos of crank.

soonerboomer93
8/4/2011, 02:32 PM

just depends on wht resort you pick

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 02:42 PM
Do any of those all-inclusives include meth and weed? I'd love to not risk beheading by a border-town cartel next time I trek down for a few kilos of crank.

yes. but i hope you don't do that for at least a few months.

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 02:44 PM

How the hell are you going to fit a Kilo of crank in your trunk with all of Czar's dead hookers already back there?

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 02:52 PM
Don't bake anything when they come over, that'll show 'em! ;)

NO COOKIES FOR ANY OF THEM!

Viking Kitten
8/4/2011, 03:05 PM
How the hell are you going to fit a Kilo of crank in your trunk with all of Czar's dead hookers already back there?

How the hell do you think he entices the hookers back there in the first place?

soonerbrat
8/4/2011, 03:13 PM
besides, a kilo is not that much. only 2.2 pounds.

Viking Kitten
8/4/2011, 03:21 PM
It's like that old trick question they used to ask in grade school. "What weighs more, a kilo of crank or a kilo of sulfuric acid??

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 03:26 PM
In grade school, I was taught the metric system is the devil's tool of measurement.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 03:28 PM
In grade school, I was taught the metric system is the devil's tool of measurement.

That does sound like Fort Gibson.

northspeter
8/4/2011, 04:55 PM

one of the more liberal posts in the history of the internets... (i'm smarter and better than everyone else, americans suck, i know whats best for all of you... yada, yada, yada...)

congrats,
you must be proud...

mgsooner
8/4/2011, 04:57 PM

Sincerely,

Mr. Tiny Penis

Mississippi Sooner
8/4/2011, 04:58 PM
**** it. I'm booking my next vacation at the airport Days Inn in OKC.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 06:20 PM

It'll be just like a Mexican resort.

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 07:14 PM

Stay away from the locals

JohnnyMack
8/4/2011, 08:01 PM
This is Pat and jk's favorite place to stay in OKC:

http://www.habanainn.com/

SicEmBaylor
8/4/2011, 09:21 PM

Change that ticket to Tulsa. We have hills and trees!

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 09:50 PM
This is Pat and jk's favorite place to stay in OKC:

http://www.habanainn.com/

well yeah - we know we'll always find you there!

Partial Qualifier
8/4/2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/meh.ro7193.gif