PDA

View Full Version : Since the Prez is always worried about the middle class......

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 04:31 PM
What do you consider middle class?

soonerhubs
8/2/2011, 04:32 PM
Those making more money than me. :D

Whet
8/2/2011, 04:32 PM
that class between low and high

soonervegas
8/2/2011, 04:33 PM
Oklahoma Family of 4 - $60-$150 per year

Realizing there is a low, mid, and high bracket to the middle class as well.

That's my best guess....

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 04:36 PM

That's my best guess....

I really don't know that's why I'm asking. They sure seem to worry about us a lot.

mgsooner
8/2/2011, 04:38 PM
No one on this message board falls in the middle class. Everyone here is rich and scoffs at those lazy deadbeats that live off of the government teat.

IndySooner
8/2/2011, 04:40 PM

That's my best guess....

Personally, I think the $150 is a low number. I KNOW I'm middle class and our household income would be right around that number. I would probably start at $250K myself, though that might be a little high. I don't know.

mgsooner
8/2/2011, 04:44 PM
Depends on where you live. 250K in the state of Oklahoma is NOT middle class.

soonervegas
8/2/2011, 04:44 PM
Personally, I think the $150 is a low number. I KNOW I'm middle class and our household income would be right around that number. I would probably start at $250K myself, though that might be a little high. I don't know.

I was contemplating the same thing....I just figured the everyman on here might scoff at family bringing in $200K or more per year as middle class.

Actually, I really just wanted to use the term "everyman" in the thread.

tommieharris91
8/2/2011, 04:52 PM
$250k household AGI puts you in like the top 10% of earners in the US.

Dio
8/2/2011, 05:09 PM
$250k household AGI puts you in like the top 10% of earners in the US.

...and good luck finding a place to live in NY or LA on that.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/2/2011, 06:13 PM
I would blow a homeless guy for 250K a year.

cccasooner2
8/2/2011, 06:23 PM
I really don't know that's why I'm asking. They sure seem to worry about us a lot.

So why are you axin? You already know the answer.

MamaMia
8/2/2011, 06:50 PM
What do you consider middle class?I'm sure Obamas perception is different than mine, but it would depend on the price of living index in whatever region to come up with an approximate figure.

The Profit
8/2/2011, 07:00 PM

Why didn't you go to the coaches clinic this year?

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 07:05 PM
Why didn't you go to the coaches clinic this year?

I guess the same reason I've never gone. I'm not a coach.

soonercruiser
8/2/2011, 07:06 PM
The class in between....no class and too much class!

oumartin
8/2/2011, 07:11 PM
He's not worried about the middle class. He's worried about getting those that are too lazy to work and just deadbeats. He wants everyone to be on the same playing field regardless of your desire to better yourself or not.

He wants the lazy POS's in this country to enjoy the same lifestyle many of us bust our butt to achieve.

Plus by doing this he's got his biggest supporters covered.

sooner ngintunr
8/2/2011, 07:14 PM
...and good luck finding a place to live in NY or LA on that.

Because if you're only clearing 13k+ a month it will be IMPOSSIBLE!!!1!1!!!:rolleyes:

sooneron
8/2/2011, 09:44 PM
I would venture to guess around $50K-120 in OK. If you're smart and you don't overshoot your wad on a $400K home with plasmas in every room, you could live pretty decently for $150K pricepoint. Again, I am talking about Oklahoma.

Curly Bill
8/2/2011, 09:46 PM
He's not worried about the middle class. He's worried about getting those that are too lazy to work and just deadbeats. He wants everyone to be on the same playing field regardless of your desire to better yourself or not.

He wants the lazy POS's in this country to enjoy the same lifestyle many of us bust our butt to achieve.

Plus by doing this he's got his biggest supporters covered.

Got to appeal to the base. ;)

yermom
8/2/2011, 10:16 PM
At 40k I could have plasmas in every room in OK.

I'm sitting in LA right now. I could easily afford the apartment I'm in at 50k a year.

Buying a house would be another story though.

Add a wife and kids and it might be more complicated...

oumartin
8/2/2011, 10:25 PM
At 40k I could have plasmas in every room in OK.

I'm sitting in LA right now. I could easily afford the apartment I'm in at 50k a year.

Buying a house would be another story though.

Add a wife and kids and it might be more complicated...

I make way over 40k and I dont have a single plasma in my house.

mgsooner
8/2/2011, 10:25 PM
Who the hell buys a plasma TV anyway? Welcome to 2002.

oumartin
8/2/2011, 10:26 PM
all my tv's still have tubes in them.

yermom
8/2/2011, 10:30 PM
The new plasmas are nice, I just have an LCD though. But it wouldn't take that long to make enough cash to buy plasmas if that's what you wanted

Collier11
8/2/2011, 11:04 PM
The President doesnt GAS about the middle class, lol

Collier11
8/2/2011, 11:05 PM
Got to appeal to the base. ;)

ever wonder why he doesnt push for welfare reform, I mean, arent we supposed to be fixing broken problems that are bleeding the country dry???

Curly Bill
8/2/2011, 11:16 PM
ever wonder why he doesnt push for welfare reform, I mean, arent we supposed to be fixing broken problems that are bleeding the country dry???

Yeah right, you and I both know better. He reforms welfare he loses a HUGE chunk of his voters, same with all the donks, so it ain't gonna happen. The pubs aren't gonna do it because they'll get the: pubs hate poor people & minorities label, so yeah this country is Fed!

yermom
8/3/2011, 12:02 AM
$78k a year is a TON of money for someone retired...

sooner59
8/3/2011, 01:06 AM
If you are retired, there is a good chance that you could have things such as a house, cars, children's education, etc. by then. So why in the hell would you need 78K to live a middle-class life? I feel like I have lived a middle-class life, and my parents have never made much more than 50K combined. 78K would be very comfy if retired....taking trips, buying dumb ****, and paying for family get-togethers in nice destinations comfy.

pphilfran
8/3/2011, 10:25 AM
78k is not as much as you think when you have nothing but time on your hands....

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 10:27 AM

are speaking of the corporate variety, or the poverty variety? or are you just throwing sh**t at a wall and hoping it sticks?

Position Limit
8/3/2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah right, you and I both know better. He reforms welfare he loses a HUGE chunk of his voters, same with all the donks, so it ain't gonna happen. The pubs aren't gonna do it because they'll get the: pubs hate poor people & minorities label, so yeah this country is Fed!

yeah.......that's the ticket.... you're brilliant. i think you've found your calling as a political consultant. good luck.

sooner59
8/3/2011, 10:45 AM
78k is not as much as you think when you have nothing but time on your hands....

Given, I don't know many people with money....I don't know any retired person that is living off of more than half of that. So maybe I need to redefine middle-class. Maybe all I have known in my life is below middle-class. Who knows.

Collier11
8/3/2011, 07:56 PM
are speaking of the corporate variety, or the poverty variety? or are you just throwing sh**t at a wall and hoping it sticks?

Im making a very accurate statement, if you dont believe then im sorry for you

cccasooner2
8/3/2011, 08:18 PM

The vineyard has its expenses.

Caboose
8/3/2011, 08:35 PM
yeah.......that's the ticket.... you're brilliant. i think you've found your calling as a political consultant. good luck.

Pretending it isnt true doesnt help. The fact is the Democrat party trades entitlements for votes. Nothing ground-breaking there.

soonercruiser
8/3/2011, 09:32 PM
If you are retired, there is a good chance that you could have things such as a house, cars, children's education, etc. by then. So why in the hell would you need 78K to live a middle-class life? I feel like I have lived a middle-class life, and my parents have never made much more than 50K combined. 78K would be very comfy if retired....taking trips, buying dumb ****, and paying for family get-togethers in nice destinations comfy.

Anybody still have children, or grandchildren that they need to help financially? The financial challenges in life NEVER end for the middle class!

sooneron
8/4/2011, 09:11 AM
Anybody still have children, or grandchildren that they need to help financially? The financial challenges in life NEVER end for the middle class!

OMG, I am agreeing with you? ****in kill me.

soonercruiser
8/4/2011, 01:50 PM
:D
Don't worry! "it" happens to everyone.