PDA

View Full Version : JD Runnels on the Sports Animal

SoonerNate
8/2/2011, 03:53 PM
...with Carey Murdock a while earlier. Carey and JD discussed in detail the entire "Go Raiders" incident. JD brought back memories of getting jobbed in that game as well as at Oregon and got my blood boiling again so many years later...

He needs a permanent show in off season.

SoonerNate
8/2/2011, 03:57 PM
xXWdwW08ksA

Quik Sand
8/2/2011, 04:01 PM
Ha I remember that...

Boomer.....
8/2/2011, 04:04 PM
:mad:

CrimsonCommando
8/2/2011, 04:29 PM
JD would be a great sports talk show host. I would listen to the Animal more if he was on there. That guy has a great delivery and some real experience to back up his street cred.

badger
8/2/2011, 04:38 PM
He and ENA should have a radio show together on Tuesday mornings, with absolutely no other radio personalities. They can talk about how they ruled the old Big 12 and their short playing days in the NFL. Too short. Wish they could have stuck around the league longer, but it's not meant for everyone unfortunately.

sooneredaco
8/2/2011, 04:40 PM
...with Carey Murdock a while earlier. Carey and JD discussed in detail the entire "Go Raiders" incident. JD brought back memories of getting jobbed in that game as well as at Oregon and got my blood boiling again so many years later...

He needs a permanent show in off season.

That's the first time I've seen that clip. After what game was that?

OUTrumpet
8/2/2011, 04:55 PM
That's the first time I've seen that clip. After what game was that?

The 2005 Tech game. The one where we got screwed by the refs a couple times. Two phantom tds (one got called back - guy caught the ball WAY out of bounds) and a first down when Tech goes for it on 4th.

sooneredaco
8/2/2011, 04:58 PM
The 2005 Tech game. The one where we got screwed by the refs a couple times. Two phantom tds (one got called back - guy caught the ball WAY out of bounds) and a first down when Tech goes for it on 4th.

Wish I wouldn't have asked. Now I'm pissed again! Another reason to hate all tejas teams

EatLeadCommie
8/2/2011, 05:06 PM

As I recall, he didn't catch the ball at all and it was called a TD. Memory is a bit spotty though, except for the 4th down call and the TD at the end. TD was iffy, but the line judge was in no position to see anything to call it a TD. The 4th down call was dreadful, absolutely dreadful.

yukonsooner
8/2/2011, 05:26 PM
Thank goodness they didn't keep Sam Mayes on for a second show. I really don't like that guy.

goingoneight
8/2/2011, 06:41 PM
The 2005 Tech game's worst call was overturned, but they still found a way to bend us over. I've seen lots of guys hit the ground before and sneak the ball forward an extra yard or two and the ref never sees it. i've also seen refs spot a ball for a first down before when the play ended nowhere near the first down line (*cough* Arkansas/Florida 2009 *cough!*). No, I knew the refs were going for the TT win when the receiver dropped the ball-- that's right... DROPPED THE BALL-- OUT OF BOUNDS and they called it a TD. I hate to sound so cliche, but you have to be blind not to see that.

GDC
8/2/2011, 07:59 PM
At least they are finally including some Sooners on a station overloaded with aggots.

agoo758
8/2/2011, 08:08 PM
What did he say about the Go Raiders incident?

SoonerNate
8/2/2011, 11:04 PM
He said that if the media hadn't been there he would have charged him and beat the hell out of him. He added that the guy apparently looked just like Hank Hill and later was arrested in the parking lot.

sooners2win
8/2/2011, 11:13 PM
JD would be a great sports talk show host. I would listen to the Animal more if he was on there. That guy has a great delivery and some real experience to back up his street cred.

He sure would, I could listen to him everyday.....that was good stuff on the arnimal today!!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/3/2011, 08:40 AM
The 2005 Tech game's worst call was overturned, but they still found a way to bend us over. I've seen lots of guys hit the ground before and sneak the ball forward an extra yard or two and the ref never sees it. i've also seen refs spot a ball for a first down before when the play ended nowhere near the first down line (*cough* Arkansas/Florida 2009 *cough!*). No, I knew the refs were going for the TT win when the receiver dropped the ball-- that's right... DROPPED THE BALL-- OUT OF BOUNDS and they called it a TD. I hate to sound so cliche, but you have to be blind not to see that.

If I recall correctly, the REF in question, lived in Lubbock or Amarillo and had a business there...

OUmillenium
8/3/2011, 09:45 AM
JD was really good on the radio yday. Sam Mayes attitude is getting a lil over the top & needs to tone it down. Did he forget he was a lOSUr cowboy?

Salt City Sooner
8/3/2011, 10:42 AM
If I recall correctly, the REF in question, lived in Lubbock or Amarillo and had a business there...
The line judge who called Henderson's "TD" was Kelly Deterding, & yes, he lives in Lubbock.