PDA

View Full Version : Whew - now we can borrow $trillions$ more

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/2/2011, 02:07 PM
I a m SO relieved that the govt. can now create a new porkulus to buy or save democrat votes... and looking forward to the new round of Money Printing, to make sure there's lots of paper in circulation, so we can be good and wealthy.

GREAT DAY for America and the world!

NormanPride
8/2/2011, 02:11 PM
To me it sounds like this new deal only addresses not going over the debt limit again, or at least planning ahead for the future increases. I haven't seen a single article that mentions specifically what this will do for the deficit and beyond that the national debt.

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 02:14 PM
I'm interested to know what Rush Limbaugh's plan is to save the nation. I'm sure it's better thought out than just getting rid of Obama and Pelosi, right?

8/2/2011, 02:16 PM
I'm interested to know what Rush Limbaugh's plan is to save the nation. I'm sure it's better thought out than just getting rid of Obama and Pelosi, right?How clueless are you? You un-learning economics at KU, or where?

soonervegas
8/2/2011, 02:20 PM
I get my news from the lame stream media (as opposed to Rush or Palin) but did they say the deficit will balloon to 14T in 10 years?

If so, talk about a bandaid on a flesh wound....

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 02:21 PM
Ha, actually I'm done with school and nowhere near KU any longer, man. I was just curious, actually. I haven't listened to Rush in a very long time, and you'll have to forgive me that his name comes to mind every time you post.

To be clear, I was talking about the actual RL, and not you. Sorry if that wasn't obvious from the post.

8/2/2011, 02:25 PM
Ha, actually I'm done with school and nowhere near KU any longer, man. I was just curious, actually. I haven't listened to Rush in a very long time, and you'll have to forgive me that his name comes to mind every time you post.

To be clear, I was talking about the actual RL, and not you. Sorry if that wasn't obvious from the post.That's a courteous enough reply, but what do you think should be done about national budget, spending and taxing, etc?

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 02:30 PM
To be honest, I don't know enough to have a solution. I'm certainly smart enough to know when I'm not smart enough.

Is there a published opinion from the ol' Rushinator about what he recommends, or has he been silent on the issue?

Truthfully, I don't know how much he's out there anymore. His show's still on the radio, right?

GKeeper316
8/2/2011, 02:30 PM
I'm interested to know what Rush Limbaugh's plan is to save the nation. I'm sure it's better thought out than just getting rid of Obama and Pelosi, right?

rush doesn't have a plan. it isn't rush's job to have a plan. it's just his job to hate the left with every fiber of his being so that all the backwards assed, uneducated tea baggers can get good and riled up and tune into his show, which = ratings, which = money in rush's pocket.

if rush limbaugh actually gave a ****, he'd run for office and do what he could to make america into his vision on 1950s post war utopian suburban white picket fence church on sundays america.

but he won't. because he makes too much money doing what he's doing right now.

87sooner
8/2/2011, 02:33 PM
here's a bit of insight into how our elected crooks operate...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/fiscal-conservatives-barred-supercommittee_581921.html

8/2/2011, 02:42 PM
To be honest, I don't know enough to have a solution. I'm certainly smart enough to know when I'm not smart enough.

Is there a published opinion from the ol' Rushinator about what he recommends, or has he been silent on the issue?

Truthfully, I don't know how much he's out there anymore. His show's still on the radio, right?You should read Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin, or the wonderful book about economics, Free to Choose by Milton Friedman. Rushlimbaugh.com will fill you in on his recent shows, if you don't want to listen to his show. If your response is serious, and not tongue-in-cheek, you have been woefully uninformed about economics and prolly politics, too. IMHO

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 02:59 PM
I follow politics and economics, champ. I'm just not arrogant enough to think that I have a magic wand that can solve these problems if only enough people would listen to special old me.

It seems as if you're ignoring my question. Has he said what the solution is, or no? It's much easier to sit back and say "These idiots don't have an answer" than it is to actually have an answer. And no, I don't want to listen to his show because his mannerisms and speech annoy me.

soonercruiser
8/2/2011, 03:08 PM
I get my news from the lame stream media (as opposed to Rush or Palin) but did they say the deficit will balloon to 14T in 10 years?

If so, talk about a bandaid on a flesh wound....

At least you are gleaning a few facts along the way.
Good for you!

I do listen to a little of the LSM myself.
There are some facts presented.
It's just the blame and explaining away that gets me......:rolleyes:

8/2/2011, 03:16 PM
I follow politics and economics, champ. I'm just not arrogant enough to think that I have a magic wand that can solve these problems if only enough people would listen to special old me.

It seems as if you're ignoring my question. Has he said what the solution is, or no? It's much easier to sit back and say "These idiots don't have an answer" than it is to actually have an answer. And no, I don't want to listen to his show because his mannerisms and speech annoy me.The answer is in post #1.

And, you really should read those 2 books I referenced.

Ike
8/2/2011, 03:18 PM
I haven't seen a single article that mentions specifically what this will do for the deficit and beyond that the national debt.

Spending may decrease. The deficit will grow. But nobody's sure by how much.

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2011, 03:19 PM
Did we need another thread on this subject?

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 03:22 PM
I a m SO relieved that the govt. can now create a new porkulus to buy or save democrat votes... and looking forward to the new round of Money Printing, to make sure there's lots of paper in circulation, so we can be good and wealthy.

GREAT DAY for America and the world!

So...this is the solution that I asked about? It really seems like a sarcastic way of highlighting what you, or Rush maybe, think should NOT be done.

Am I misreading?

Where's the part about what SHOULD be done instead?

8/2/2011, 03:24 PM
Did we need another thread on this subject?Been going on for years. You didn't notice?

8/2/2011, 03:26 PM
Spending MAY decrease. Ooooh warm and fuzzy feeling!

diverdog
8/2/2011, 03:27 PM
You should read Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin, or the wonderful book about economics, Free to Choose by Milton Friedman. Rushlimbaugh.com will fill you in on his recent shows, if you don't want to listen to his show. If your response is serious, and not tongue-in-cheek, you have been woefully uninformed about economics and prolly politics, too. IMHO

Mark Levin....oh that is such an unbiased source.

8/2/2011, 03:28 PM
So...this is the solution that I asked about? It really seems like a sarcastic way of highlighting what you, or Rush maybe, think should NOT be done.

Am I misreading?

Where's the part about what SHOULD be done instead?Visualize the opposite of outrageous spending and Grease the Presses volume printing of money.

GDC
8/2/2011, 03:30 PM
Putin said we are a parasite on the world economy.

soonercruiser
8/2/2011, 03:32 PM
And we should listen to Ras Putin?
:D

Errrr.....correct that! Some of you do that already!
:eek:

8/2/2011, 03:33 PM
Putin said we are a parasite on the world economy.Wonder if China is listening?...Yeowch! Rut....Roh, huh?

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2011, 03:34 PM
Ok, so I'm with you on cutting spending and curbing the expansionist/inflationary monetary policy. Now what?

Where do the cuts come, and what sort of deficit reduction can we expect? I feel like I'm in the minority that expects cuts to come from across the board and not be tied to only defense or only social programs. It's the easiest way to lose an election, though, which is why nobody is really suggesting something like that.

Also, to be clear, is this Rush's opinion, or yours? Or are those the same?

8/2/2011, 03:48 PM
Ok, so I'm with you on cutting spending and curbing the expansionist/inflationary monetary policy. Now what?

Where do the cuts come, and what sort of deficit reduction can we expect? I feel like I'm in the minority that expects cuts to come from across the board and not be tied to only defense or only social programs. It's the easiest way to lose an election, though, which is why nobody is really suggesting something like that.

Also, to be clear, is this Rush's opinion, or yours? Or are those the same?The repubs in congress, or too many of them, I should say, are DEATHLY afraid of democrats effectively scaring the shi* out of the voters by saying cuts will be in social security, medicare, etc. when they wouldn't be in reality.

The bluff by democrats in congress has worked, I believe, EVERY TIME, for the 66 years I have been on this earth, and scared enough congressional repubs into voting along with the democrats for raising debt ceilings.

Things won't change until we have a conservative president, or at least a conservative congress in both houses, like when Der Schlichmeister was president. They kept him in check pretty well from '94-2000. Limbaugh agrees with me, as he does with most things in politics and economics.

badger
8/2/2011, 04:05 PM
What needs to happen is as soon as the economy recovers (and it inevitably will, because economies are cyclical), spending needs to be slashed and taxes need to be raised to pay off what we're doing right now.

It rarely goes that the times of needs result in lower taxes and higher government benefits, and times of plenty result in higher taxes and lower government benefits, but that's what needs to happen. It's when we'll most be able to tolerate the burden and feel the least backlash because of it, because everyone, regardless of party affiliation or economic class, would be able to take a hit during good times.

TUSooner
8/2/2011, 04:09 PM
rush doesn't have a plan. it isn't rush's job to have a plan. it's just his job to hate the left with every fiber of his being so that all the backwards assed, uneducated tea baggers can get good and riled up and tune into his show, which = ratings, which = money in rush's pocket.

if rush limbaugh actually gave a ****, he'd run for office and do what he could to make america into his vision on 1950s post war utopian suburban white picket fence church on sundays america.

but he won't. because he makes too much money doing what he's doing right now.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
Dang. Because that post is a frikkin BULLS-EYE.

tommieharris91
8/2/2011, 04:12 PM
What needs to happen is as soon as the economy recovers (and it inevitably will, because economies are cyclical), spending needs to be slashed and taxes need to be raised to pay off what we're doing right now.

Check in your Republican card right now. Can't be having any of that Keynes bull**** here.

NormanPride
8/2/2011, 04:15 PM
Huh? Republicans are as much Keynesians as anyone else.

GDC
8/2/2011, 04:16 PM
Dang. Because that post is a frikkin BULLS-EYE.

I'll spek it again for you.:D

8/2/2011, 04:26 PM
The customary hate and envy from the oh-so-tolerant Left.(yawn)

badger
8/2/2011, 04:27 PM
Check in your Republican card right now. Can't be having any of that Keynes bull**** here.

Noooooooo I wanna keep voting in Oklahoma priiiiiiiimarrrrrriessssssssss :(:(:(:(

GKeeper316
8/2/2011, 04:38 PM
The customary hate and envy from the oh-so-tolerant Left.(yawn)

ya cuz the right is soooo accepting of anyone different...