PDA

View Full Version : Please don't knifefight with Texas fans (or anyone else)

badger
8/2/2011, 12:17 PM
Seriously.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20110802_231_0_Aknife444338)

A knifefight stemming from an argument over college football resulted in an Oklahoma fan and a Texas fan being hospitalized in San Antonio, according to a TV station.

Thoughts and prayers with both the Sooner and the Longhorn. :(

sooneredaco
8/2/2011, 12:20 PM
Really at Applebees? I don't normally take that as being a place for bar fights.

olevetonahill
8/2/2011, 12:40 PM
Dude pulling the knife is a royal dumbass, He shoulda just smashed a chair over the :texan:s head

Pricetag
8/2/2011, 12:43 PM
This country is going down the tubes. What happened to the days when, if you had a disagreement, you just ripped the guy's scrotum, and everyone lived to fight another day?

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 12:46 PM
I probably would knife a texas fan. :rolleyes:

Breadburner
8/2/2011, 12:48 PM
Does this mean the start of football is close......??

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/2/2011, 01:03 PM
So the OU fan pulls a knife on the Texas fan, and the OU fan winds up in critical conditon while the Texas fan is stable? Way to represent the crimson and cream...

Soonermagik
8/2/2011, 01:03 PM
That's one way to "stick" it to them.

badger
8/2/2011, 01:06 PM
Not trying to make light of the situation, but I'm sure there's a metaphor somewhere in there.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/2/2011, 01:11 PM
WTF?! Man that's crazy...

OUVarsityXV
8/2/2011, 01:19 PM
"I am full of $2 Long Islands my man you wanna ****ing go!?!?!"

olevetonahill
8/2/2011, 01:25 PM
At least make sure you have a Knife
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/files/original/crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife11.jpg

picasso
8/2/2011, 01:27 PM
This country is going down the tubes. What happened to the days when, if you had a disagreement, you just ripped the guy's scrotum, and everyone lived to fight another day?

:D

oudavid1
8/2/2011, 01:29 PM
Dude is an idiot and embarassed Sooner Fans.

olevetonahill
8/2/2011, 01:32 PM
Dude is an idiot and embarassed Sooner Fans.

Agreed, what kinda idiot lets a :texan: take his knife away and use it on himself?:confused:

Herr Scholz
8/2/2011, 01:37 PM
I think it's a safe bet neither guy went to college.

NormanPride
8/2/2011, 01:39 PM
Let us all say a prayer for our fallen comrade behind enemy lines, fighting the good fight of drinking all their booze so they don't get any.

In all seriousness, though, I cannot believe this seems to happen every year.

TahoeSOONER
8/2/2011, 01:39 PM
What kind of Sooner would buy a orange knife? Oh that's right, one that would drop it in a fight and get stabbed by his own knife.

nativesooner
8/2/2011, 01:43 PM
I probably would knife a texas fan. :rolleyes:

Better than a swordfight with one huh? :D

BajaOklahoma
8/2/2011, 01:55 PM
What kind of Sooner would buy a orange knife? Oh that's right, one that would drop it in a fight and get stabbed by his own knife.

The fact that it was an orange knife makes me rather suspicious of the story - who is the victim and who is the suspect.
But it's deep in the * country, so they won't question it.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/2/2011, 01:55 PM

maybe he wanted to frame the whorn?

TahoeSOONER
8/2/2011, 01:59 PM
There's finger prints, and it's orange, and my blood is all over it. Genius!

They should lose fan rights!

Herr Scholz
8/2/2011, 02:12 PM
The fact that it was an orange knife makes me rather suspicious of the story - who is the victim and who is the suspect.

Just because that's how it went down in the ballsack ripping incident doesn't mean that's how it happens down here.

delhalew
8/2/2011, 02:22 PM

Thank god I'm not the only one suspicious of the orange knife that supposedly belonged to the Soonerfan.

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2011, 02:50 PM
Really at Applebees? I don't normally take that as being a place for bar fights.

San Antonio...or, as we call it in North Dallas: San Anmexico

The only surprising thing here is these guys were fighting over OU/Texas and not Club America/Chivas.

BigJerm7
8/2/2011, 02:56 PM
"Shank'em Horns"

SoonerDood
8/2/2011, 03:00 PM
Why can't we be like the sane fanbases and just poison each other's trees?

yankee
8/2/2011, 03:04 PM
LMAO...I think it's funny, the guys are gonna live. Sometimes you gotta step back and realize it's just a game. Might've been hard under the influence, though. I'm not embarassed...just embarassed (for them) that it happened at an Applebee's.

MamaMia
8/2/2011, 03:04 PM
He was probably an oSu fan.

SOFSooner
8/2/2011, 03:06 PM
I am deployed in Africa, and as luck would have it a new reserve unit from texas has arrived in country. I put up my Sooner flag behind my workspace and they have their shorthorn flag up, we take verbal jabs (they are mostly unarmed due to last year results) but nothing serious, that is until the OU/tx game. This fight in an Applebees (of all places) or anyplace is stupid. If they want to fight so bad drop them in the middle of Afghanistan with their orange handle knife and tell them good luck. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Seamus
8/2/2011, 03:31 PM
I am deployed in Africa, and as luck would have it a new reserve unit from texas has arrived in country. I put up my Sooner flag behind my workspace and they have their shorthorn flag up, we take verbal jabs (they are mostly unarmed due to last year results) but nothing serious, that is until the OU/tx game. This fight in an Applebees (of all places) or anyplace is stupid. If they want to fight so bad drop them in the middle of Afghanistan with their orange handle knife and tell them good luck. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Two men were injured in a fracas involving M4s and expired MREs ...

Herr Scholz
8/2/2011, 03:36 PM
Both of those guys sound like they're in Darwin's waiting room.

Phil
8/2/2011, 04:12 PM

Ahh, yes. The sidewalk (or t-shirt, whichever you prefer) alumni.

CrimsonCommando
8/2/2011, 04:22 PM

PREACH ON BROTHER!! AMEN!!

LASooner
8/2/2011, 05:45 PM
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/154315/154315,1294755080,3/stock-photo-grumpy-old-man-complaining-about-the-price-68739490.jpg

In my day, we just ripped their scrotums off with our bare hands....damn kids and their knives.

Here's what makes no sense.

The police report lists the weapon as an orange folding pocketknife.

What self respecting OU fans has an ORANGE knife.

SoonerBread
8/2/2011, 06:42 PM

What are you thinking then? Olive Garden?

:P

Cinco Ranch Cougar
8/2/2011, 06:47 PM
An Orange Knife?? Give me a freaking break. The only thing more idiotic that that is why in the hell were they in Applebee's to begin with. That right there should tell you that these guys are working with less than 14 clubs in the bag.
Also, I just read that the OU guy DIED!!
Man, what a waste.

goingoneight
8/2/2011, 06:50 PM
How is it that every year leading up to fall camp, one of these stories about the big, meanie Sooner fan hurting the poor, defenseless Texas fan pops up when every year I see a fist fight if not worse in Dallas and I've seen it started by both sides before? How do we miss that story?

One... knife-fighters are stupid fools. Two, this story is hot on the presses because fall camp is getting underway, I guess.

CowboyMRW
8/2/2011, 07:36 PM
LMAO...I think it's funny, the guys are gonna live. Sometimes you gotta step back and realize it's just a game. Might've been hard under the influence, though. I'm not embarassed...just embarassed (for them) that it happened at an Applebee's.

I read that the OU guy has passed away

CowboyMRW
8/2/2011, 07:41 PM
I read that the OU guy has passed away

on Shaggy

Mazeppa
8/2/2011, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't even call him an OU guy, I'd call him a guy wearing OU gear. There's a big difference.

CowboyMRW
8/2/2011, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't even call him an OU guy, I'd call him a guy wearing OU gear. There's a big difference.

As a Poke, I could have so much fun with this quote haha :D ;) :P

The Maestro
8/3/2011, 01:06 PM
Who knife fights? Who carries a knife? I mean, I had one of those cool switchblade combs when I was like 6 or so, but knife fighting?

mushu405
8/3/2011, 01:13 PM
how many OU fans do you know carry orange color blade on them?

badger
8/3/2011, 01:22 PM

Go ahead. I'm sure there's people wearing OSU t-shirts out there that you would die before claiming as one of your own.

olevetonahill
8/3/2011, 01:43 PM
Who knife fights? Who carries a knife? I mean, I had one of those cool switchblade combs when I was like 6 or so, but knife fighting?

Who dont carry a knife? I always have one, use it for a lot of things daily.

47straight
8/3/2011, 01:48 PM
Indeed, don't knifefight with Texas fans. In the words of a UT player beating a witness to a fellow Longhorn robbing someone the day before, to keep them quiet: "Bitches deserved to get kicked."

The Maestro
8/3/2011, 02:32 PM
Who dont carry a knife? I always have one, use it for a lot of things daily.

I'm not suggesting you don't use it for a lot of things daily, but please amuse me and tell me...cause I can't imagine why I would need to carry a knife.

Get up
pee
make coffee
get dressed
brush my teeth
pack bag for gym
get in car and drive to gym
workout
shower
get dressed
head to work
work
eat, pee, maybe take a dump depending on when I did or did not in the morning
get in car and drive home
play with kids
watch some T.V.
have some cocktails or eat some dinner...or both
watch more T.V.
Get kids ready for bed
pee
suggest sex with wife
Go to sleep

The use of a knife was not five miles from one of those events. Just my world, I guess.

olevetonahill
8/3/2011, 02:42 PM
Yea My kids are grown and yer wife wont have sex with me.;)
I live in the country. I use mine when I cut Okra, clean my finger nails. Open any kind of package.

Sooner_Tuf
8/3/2011, 02:51 PM
I'm not suggesting you don't use it for a lot of things daily, but please amuse me and tell me...cause I can't imagine why I would need to carry a knife.

Get up
pee
make coffee
get dressed
brush my teeth
pack bag for gym
get in car and drive to gym
workout
shower
get dressed
head to work
work
eat, pee, maybe take a dump depending on when I did or did not in the morning
get in car and drive home
play with kids
watch some T.V.
have some cocktails or eat some dinner...or both
watch more T.V.
Get kids ready for bed
pee
suggest sex with wife
Go to sleep

The use of a knife was not five miles from one of those events. Just my world, I guess.
Well some of do other things besides hang out in the bathroom.

The Maestro
8/3/2011, 02:55 PM
I live in the country. I use mine when I cut Okra, clean my finger nails. Open any kind of package.

Ah! No okra in AZ! Man, that sounds good right now!

And I bite my nails...

olevetonahill
8/3/2011, 03:16 PM
Ah! No okra in AZ! Man, that sounds good right now!

And I bite my nails...

:D :D :D

Wont it grow there? hell Id be figuring out a way to have me some Okra and Maters ;)

OUmillenium
8/3/2011, 04:26 PM
Never take a knife to a knife fight...take a Glock 21 with 240 grain hollow points.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/3/2011, 04:44 PM

At least you clean your fingernails before you cut the okra:D

Anyone for dinner at vets?

Ruf/Nek7
8/3/2011, 04:50 PM
The * fan is probably and illegal immigrant seeing how it was in San Antonio and all. And no REAL Sooner fan would EVER carry anything orange!

BigTip
8/3/2011, 05:44 PM

Some Applebees are turning into bars at night now and staying open until 2am.They move tables out and have a DJ. The whole thing. Prime place for doosh jousting.

sooneredaco
8/3/2011, 06:15 PM
Some Applebees are turning into bars at night now and staying open until 2am.They move tables out and have a DJ. The whole thing. Prime place for doosh jousting.

That just screams redneck or doo$hbag or some other unflattering type of degenerate. I'd love to just be a fly on the wall at one of these said "bars" and see what kind of sh!t goes down.

85sooners
8/3/2011, 07:14 PM
:eek:

Sooner_Tuf
8/4/2011, 04:54 AM

As a poke you aren't sitting in a place to make fun of anyone.

mushu405
8/4/2011, 08:01 AM
As a poke you aren't sitting in a place to make fun of anyone.

BAHAHAHA. Very nice sir.

TMcGee86
8/4/2011, 10:15 AM
I heard the UT guy stabbed the OU guy 5-7 times.

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 10:48 AM
Anyone have a Link to the story?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/4/2011, 11:12 AM

Then according to aggie lite philosophy, they can't be fans of either team... ;)