Hopefully a simple fix.....

:hot:

GKeeper316
8/1/2011, 06:53 PM
Dont need this to happen this week. :mad:

:hot:

good luck with that.

a couple weeks ago, the drain that catches all the condensation from the attic unit got clogged and started leaking through the ceiling in my dining room. had to spend an entire day in my attick (it had to be at least 120 up there... didn't have a thermometer to measure it) fixing that ****... and my ceiling still has the water stains. not gonna fix it till it cools off. no way im going to tear a hole in my ceiling right now.

OUHOMER
8/1/2011, 07:02 PM
I got my nephew coming over, he thinks maybe a capacitor. Its been work fine until today

OUHOMER
8/1/2011, 07:03 PM
good luck with that.

a couple weeks ago, the drain that catches all the condensation from the attic unit got clogged and started leaking through the ceiling in my dining room. had to spend an entire day in my attick (it had to be at least 120 up there... didn't have a thermometer to measure it) fixing that ****... and my ceiling still has the water stains. not gonna fix it till it cools off. no way im going to tear a hole in my ceiling right now.

just glad my a coil is upstairs and not in the attic... This fat boy would die.

olevetonahill
8/1/2011, 07:08 PM
good luck with that.

Gomer, Why would you tear a hole in the ceiling? Is it sagging, Falling down?

GKeeper316
8/1/2011, 07:34 PM
Gomer, Why would you tear a hole in the ceiling? Is it sagging, Falling down?

sagging. the insulation that was on it got soaked, too.

OUHOMER
8/1/2011, 08:27 PM
A/C up and running, blown fuse... damn that's a relief

olevetonahill
8/1/2011, 11:40 PM
sagging. the insulation that was on it got soaked, too.

Did you remove the insulation? I guess ya know now to clean that drain every now and then , right?

A/C up and running, blown fuse... damn that's a relief

Glad it was no worse bro.

stoopified
8/2/2011, 04:03 PM
Dont need this to happen this week. :mad:

:hot:I know the feeling.Our A/C crashed on July 23rd.Our compressor is shot.We have been getting by with window A/c in two bedrooms and a portable unit for the frontroom.The bedrooms are usually somewhere between 75-80 F.The living room does not have a window for avent hose so we have the portable in the kitchen with a box fan blowing the air into the frootroom.It is routinely between 85-90 F.Lashar is coming tommorrow to give us an estimate.They say they have a payment for every budget and I pray this is true because we do NOT have the money on hand.

On top of all that my dog Bubba was diagnosed with cancer and had to be put down on the 1st.Talk about a crummy couple of weeks. Good luck to you.

Lawton4Life
8/2/2011, 04:08 PM
Did you remove the insulation? I guess ya know now to clean that drain every now and then , right?

Glad it was no worse bro.

Ive been told you're supposed to pour some bleach every couple of months into the pvc pipes in the attic that drain outside...however there are like three for each AC unit I have..how am I supposed to know which one goes outside?

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 04:11 PM
Ive been told you're supposed to pour some bleach every couple of months into the pvc pipes in the attic that drain outside...however there are like three for each AC unit I have..how am I supposed to know which one goes outside?

Just pour the bleach all over the ac unit, I'm sure that'll fix her right up.

Lawton4Life
8/2/2011, 04:13 PM
Just pour the bleach all over the ac unit, I'm sure that'll fix her right up.

LOL

pphilfran
8/2/2011, 04:39 PM
There should be a condensation catch tray under the blower unit...the pvc pipes from the tray is what needs to be cleaned...

olevetonahill
8/2/2011, 04:55 PM

Try puttin one of those bleach tablets that ya put in the toilet tank in the tray

Think if ya do that at the start of every season and make sure ya flush the tray out with hot water at the end of each season you shouldnt have any probs