PDA

View Full Version : Lost my dog Bubba to cancer today

stoopified
8/1/2011, 04:29 PM
Went to bathe him this a.m. and noticed nodules on his neck.Vet said he was stage 4 cancer.She believes the cancer HAD INFILTRATED HIS LYMPH NODES,PANCREAS,LUNGS. WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PUT HIM DOWN.Sir Brandon Joshua Braveheart(aka Bubba) will be sorely missed around the Moses home.Bubba was an 8 yr old German Shepard who was very loved by myself and my bots Ryan 7,Jason 4. He demonstrated love,loyalty,and a strong protective instinct toward our family.Losing Bubba is truly losin a family member as my boys have bever known life without him.

pphilfran
8/1/2011, 04:30 PM
Always tough to lose a good friend....

OUHOMER
8/1/2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry for your loss

The Profit
8/1/2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear about "Bubba." It sounds like he did his job of providing great companionship to you and your family.

OhU1
8/1/2011, 04:34 PM
Sucks. :O

StoopTroup
8/1/2011, 04:36 PM
That's ruff.

Sorry to hear Stoop. Putting down an old friend like that isn't easy. I hope you all remember all the good times you had together.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 04:42 PM
losing a dog is really tough.

olevetonahill
8/1/2011, 04:43 PM
Sorry bro. Both my dogs are gettin up there, Knothead is almost 10, Biznacho is somewhere between 8 an 10. not real sure cause I found Knothead at the dump , and Biznacho just some how found the shack about 4 years ago.

soonercruiser
8/1/2011, 04:43 PM
RIP, all Bubbas.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 04:47 PM
My old rat has got some lump and bumps on him, but he ain't hurting. If he starts hurting I'll prolly take him in.

Bummer about your dog.

BajaOklahoma
8/1/2011, 05:43 PM
They live too short a life.
You made a hard choice to do what is best for him. It still hurts.
I'm so sorry for you and your family.

GKeeper316
8/1/2011, 05:47 PM
sorry to hear about your dog. losing a family pet is like losing a member of the family. im still not completely over losing my cat of 16 years a couple months ago. every time i walk in my bedroom i expect to see her curled up on my comforter.

lumps on dogs aren't always malignant. one of my dogs (a german shorthair) get them all the time. the vet said its because water dogs have large pores and stuff works its way down into the pores and can turn into fatty tissue buildups when the dogs body tries to contain the intrusion.

BigBoomerInBigD
8/1/2011, 06:01 PM
Very sorry to hear it :(

cccasooner2
8/1/2011, 07:21 PM
Sorry for your familie's loss. Deserving of the title "man's best friend."

AlbqSooner
8/1/2011, 07:29 PM
Losing a loyal friend is tough.

Putting a pet down is one of the most difficult things we can do.

Putting a pet down when it is time is one of the most loving things we can do.

SunnySooner
8/1/2011, 08:07 PM
So sorry, it's so hard, I'm glad he had your family to love.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are great.

tcrb
8/1/2011, 08:14 PM
Very sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a faithful friend. Hope you and your family can just remember the good times.

SicEmBaylor
8/1/2011, 08:18 PM
Stoop, I'm really sorry to hear this. I lost my english bulldog who was like a kid to me in March. I'm not going to say crap like it gets easier because sometimes it doesn't. But I wish you well as you work through it.

Collier11
8/1/2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry bud, hate for anyone to lose a friend

Wishboned
8/1/2011, 08:29 PM
So sorry about your loss. That's a tough thing to have to do.

Boomer.....
8/1/2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

stoopified
8/1/2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for al the kind words.I was reinded of a couple of Bubba stories.The first was when we bought our oldest son Ryan(now age 7) home from the hospiyal.We brought Bubba(who was not quite a year old) in to meet Ryan.We had the csrrier on the floor and Bubba circled around sniffing at the boy.Finally he stopped,looked down at Ryan and gave him a big lick across the top of the head.

The second story was during winter when Ryan was about 3 and Bubba 4.About 3am Bubba starting raising holy hell,like he was trying to kill someone.I jusmped up opened the backdoorand Bubba cane charging in.He made a beeline for Ryan's room,sniffing at the windows and then Ryan.He then walked to the backdoor and waited to be let out.I went out and looked around,didn't see anything but remain convinced that there WAS something or someone out there that Bubba scared off. He was a good dog and I miss him.

XFollower
8/1/2011, 09:48 PM
Definitely know the feeling and will pray for your family.

Curly Bill
8/1/2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels. Losing a beloved pet and family member is rough.

GottaHavePride
8/1/2011, 10:16 PM
Dang, that sucks. Hard to beat a good german shepherd. They're some of my favorites.

Sooner_Tuf
8/1/2011, 10:32 PM
Thats terrible. I love my dogs more than my kids and I have one on her last leg also. It's hard.

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 12:19 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss. The day after coming back from the OU/Washington game I had to take my dog Buddy in to have him put to sleep and it was like taking one of my kids in. I will never own another dog because I don't want to ever have to do that again. You on the other hand need to get your boys another dog to grow up with.

stoopified
8/2/2011, 05:35 AM
Woke up at5 am sobbing like a baby. Apparently I AM the world's biggest wuss.

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 06:07 AM
Woke up at5 am sobbing like a baby. Apparently I AM the world's biggest wuss.

Just so you know it's been almost 3 years and I still get teared up thinking about Buddy. If you're a wuss than so am I.