PDA

View Full Version : OU soccer

nighttrain12
8/1/2011, 03:03 PM
I was looking at SoonerSports.com and see that the women's soccer season will be starting later this month. After watching some of the Team USA women, I am excited to see the OU women play this season. Just curious, has there ever been an OU men's team in soccer?

nighttrain12
8/13/2011, 11:31 PM
Alright! OU Women soccer team won their one exhibition match in Arkansas in OT on Saturday! Who here is going to the first regular season match on Friday in Norman?

By the way, is it a soccer match or soccer game?

silverwheels
8/14/2011, 05:32 PM
Don't think there's ever been a men's varsity team (not sure), but there is a club team. Title IX and all that.

And it's either match or game, whatever you want to call it.

nighttrain12
8/22/2011, 08:33 PM
I enjoyed going to both matches this past weekend. The soccer stadium looks really good too. We split and are now 1-1. We play at OSU this Friday night.

Can we move this thread to the Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc. forum?

CowboyMRW
8/24/2011, 11:25 PM
Will anyone be coming up to Stillwater Friday? It should be a good game.

CowboyMRW
8/26/2011, 09:36 PM
For those that made the game, hope you had safe travelling to and from and were treated good at the game.

Cowgirls prevailed 1-0 with a goal in the 70'. It was pretty sloppy both ways but it's still early in the season so no worries. But it was a good game.

nighttrain12
8/28/2011, 10:01 PM
Well, for the second game/match in a row, the Sooners come up on the short end of the stick 1-0 losing to SMU. Pretty good crowd there at John Crain soccer field, likely because a lot of students are back on campus now plus its a good bargain at $8 a ticket. The Sooners fall to 1-3 and play at home on Friday and Sunday with a little thing called OU football in the middle there on Saturday night. Here's a recap of the soccer match tonight:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/082811aaa.html

Can we move this thread to the Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc. forum?