PDA

View Full Version : Kinds of stupid

crawfish
8/1/2011, 12:44 PM
People who put their change on the conveyor belt at the grocery store, and then act shocked when they disappear over the edge.

WichitaSooner
8/1/2011, 12:51 PM
People who put their change on the conveyor belt at the grocery store, and then act shocked when they disappear over the edge.

Holy crap... I don't even carry CASH, much less coins.... I almost forgot we still have the penny.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 12:52 PM
People who don't carry cash and use a credit card to buy a $1.29 soda pop.

Caboose
8/1/2011, 12:54 PM
People who buy a 1.29 soda pop.

KantoSooner
8/1/2011, 01:05 PM
People who buy.

Hot Rod
8/1/2011, 01:08 PM
People who park too close for me to enter my own vehicle and don't expect a mark on theirs.

3rdgensooner
8/1/2011, 01:25 PM
... paired with arrogance

Partial Qualifier
8/1/2011, 01:51 PM
People who buy a 1.29 soda pop.

People who buy.

People who.

tcrb
8/1/2011, 01:52 PM
People

WichitaSooner
8/1/2011, 02:00 PM

jumperstop
8/1/2011, 02:11 PM

How is that stupid? There is nothing that says you can't use a credit card only for large purchases. I use mine to by everything, never carry cash. I don't give a **** if it's 60 cents I'll use my card.

OULenexaman
8/1/2011, 02:24 PM
P

badger
8/1/2011, 02:29 PM
Plus, using the card screws the business out of about half that money (fees I think are about 50 cents or so per transaction), so if you feel that $1.29 is a high price, you can give the finger to the business by using the card... of course, card usage might be why the biz charges so much, heh.

The stupid nominee from me would have to be the copper thieves that caused NP and I to lose power last night.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110731_11_0_Moreth284609)

These idiots not only entered a substation for copper, but then tampered with transformers to take the metal! Holy crap are you stupid. Steal metal from a safer place, like PSO's warehouse! NOT from a PSO substation!

Turd_Ferguson
8/1/2011, 02:30 PM
How is that stupid? There is nothing that says you can't use a credit card only for large purchases. I use mine to by everything, never carry cash. I don't give a **** if it's 60 cents I'll use my card.
Mo. Ran.

crawfish
8/1/2011, 02:44 PM
Drivers who don't pay attention to the light changing because they're on the phone, and then act like they're mad when you honk to let them know.

lexsooner
8/1/2011, 02:54 PM
Lazy stupid: People who drive around a parking lot for five minutes looking for a good parking space when they could have been out of the car and waddled into the store by the time they finally park.

NormanPride
8/1/2011, 02:57 PM
Those that insist on the antiquated notion of "work". It has been proven to improve both free time and quality of life to simply cease work and to live on the welfares.

lexsooner
8/1/2011, 03:01 PM
Political stupid: Those who spend their time bickering and defending their respective political parties when in reality they are both pretty much part of the same hypocrisy and have helped the rich get super rich and the middle class (us) go into the gutter.

Condescending Sooner
8/1/2011, 03:02 PM

And screw the people waiting in line behind you while you complete the 60 cent credit card transaction.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 03:03 PM
People who try to insult the "other" political party in a veiled, transparent way.

jumperstop
8/1/2011, 03:05 PM
Plus, using the card screws the business out of about half that money (fees I think are about 50 cents or so per transaction), so if you feel that $1.29 is a high price, you can give the finger to the business by using the card... of course, card usage might be why the biz charges so much, heh.

The stupid nominee from me would have to be the copper thieves that caused NP and I to lose power last night.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110731_11_0_Moreth284609)

These idiots not only entered a substation for copper, but then tampered with transformers to take the metal! Holy crap are you stupid. Steal metal from a safer place, like PSO's warehouse! NOT from a PSO substation!

Exactly, the only fee for that would be with the seller. And what would I care if they spend more money...

Caboose
8/1/2011, 03:06 PM
Political stupid: Those who spend their time bickering and defending their respective political parties when in reality they are both pretty much part of the same hypocrisy and have helped the rich get super rich and the middle class (us) go into the gutter.

People who act like they are above the fray when they fling the derp and BS as much as anyone else. I am looking at you, lex.

jumperstop
8/1/2011, 03:07 PM
And screw the people waiting in line behind you while you complete the 60 cent credit card transaction.

It takes longer to run a credit card than pay in cash? What stores have you been to lately? I'd rather be behind the guy with a card than some idiot looking for exact change.

TUSooner
8/1/2011, 03:08 PM
People who think that they are right just because someone else is wrong.

3rdgensooner
8/1/2011, 03:09 PM
Flame Warriors (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/)

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 03:10 PM
It takes longer to run a credit card than pay in cash? What stores have you been to lately? I'd rather be behind the guy with a card than some idiot looking for exact change.

I forgot to include you in the other thread - but I was only talking about liberals, not stupid, young, loudmouthed liberals.

Turd_Ferguson
8/1/2011, 03:10 PM
People who think someone else is wrong because they think they are right.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 03:11 PM
People who post on message boards. Any message board.

jumperstop
8/1/2011, 03:13 PM
I forgot to include you in the other thread - but I was only talking about liberals, not stupid, young, loudmouthed liberals.

....I don't know what thread you're talking about. I probably avoided it for good reason.

GKeeper316
8/1/2011, 03:27 PM

debit card > cash for everything except tipping strippers.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 03:31 PM
~50+% of the business I partake in won't take credit cards. In my own business, I don't accept them. They are the bane of America. A debit card is better, but still it ain't cash.

I use two credit cards every day. An American Airlines and a Marriott Rewards card. I purchase fuel, groceries, alcohol, farm purchases, entertainment, etc. with them for the points and miles. I wouldn't even dream of buying a McDonald's burger or a bottle of water at Quick Stop with a ****ing card. I mean c'mon, who the hell goes outta the house without at least a couple 20s in their pocket? Answer? A moron.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 04:38 PM
i use cash for most everything. use cards for more expensive stuff, but pay off every month.

use cards mostly for motels (when we travel) & gasoline. (so i don't have to go inside) if you use cash for gas, you have to go inside twice, unless you know how much your tank will hold; & i never do.

RacerX
8/1/2011, 04:44 PM
People who lick self-adhesive envelopes.

People who walk their dogs while driving their car.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 04:44 PM
Flame Warriors (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/)

That's a hoppin' site for sure.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 04:45 PM

Look, a RX siting! That's nearly Normalicious.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 04:47 PM

there's a guy around here that walks a huge great dane while riding in his car.
illegal tho, he drives on wrong side of street.

Mississippi Sooner
8/1/2011, 04:48 PM
People who not only insist on using paper checks at the grocery store, but wait until everything has been rung up on the register before they even start to fish the checkbook out of their purse. Yes, those who do this are usually women over the age of 60. When I see a woman of that age in a checkout line, I usually go to another line just to avoid the aggravation.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 04:50 PM
People who not only insist on using paper checks at the grocery store, but wait until everything has been rung up on the register before they even start to fish the checkbook out of their purse. Yes, those who do this are usually women over the age of 60. When I see a woman of that age in a checkout line, I usually go to another line just to avoid the aggravation.

And you know she's got about 500 coupons stuffed in that checkbook she's fixin' to pull out.

Condescending Sooner
8/1/2011, 04:51 PM

Yes they do, and I have been to a bunch of stores lately.

jumperstop
8/1/2011, 04:53 PM

They must hate you...It's never taken any longer for me to purchase something with a card than cash, normally quicker since I don't have to wait on change.

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 04:54 PM

You'll have to pardon our young friend. His mom doesn't trust him with cash so he only has a card that she puts X$ in every month.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 04:56 PM
They must hate you...It's never taken any longer for me to purchase something with a card than cash, normally quicker since I don't have to wait on change.

if you pay for meals @ a cafe, cards take much longer than cash.

we eat lunch out every day, & i guarantee cash is faster than cards.

olevetonahill
8/1/2011, 05:00 PM

I write checks at the grocery store, But I have it mostly filled out before the checker has everythin rang up. I fill in the amount and done. at Atwoods i dont even fill it out , just give em the blank check they run it thru a gismo I sign the electronic deal just like those who use a debit card. no big deal.
Write a check for my gas and stuff at the convenience store.

If im traveling , I use either cash or the CC ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2011, 05:01 PM
There's a taqueria I frequent that has a $5 minimum for either a debit or credit transaction. Two tacos and a diet is below the minimun, so I have to get 3 tacos.

I do use cash for the tip jar, though.

cccasooner2
8/1/2011, 05:11 PM
Drivers who don't pay attention to the light changing because they're on the phone, and then act like they're mad when you honk to let them know.

People who think they're acting like they're mad.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 05:13 PM
There's a taqueria I frequent that has a $5 minimum for either a debit or credit transaction. Two tacos and a diet is below the minimun, so I have to get 3 tacos.

if you have cash, why don't you use it for your food ???

C&CDean
8/1/2011, 05:16 PM
Oh and another thing. When we go to pint night or burger night at Abner's I use the card for the meal/drinks, but always tip in cash. If you tip on the card, the server has to claim it as income. If you tip in cash, their choice. It's a damned American thing to do.

cccasooner2
8/1/2011, 05:18 PM

You must be someone's wife. :D

olevetonahill
8/1/2011, 05:19 PM
Oh and another thing. When we go to pint night or burger night at Abner's I use the card for the meal/drinks, but always tip in cash. If you tip on the card, the server has to claim it as income. If you tip in cash, their choice. It's a damned American thing to do.

Never thot about that. Ima have to do that from now on.;)

GrapevineSooner
8/1/2011, 05:27 PM
The people who have called me today. I honestly wonder how some of them make it through the day.

6:00 can't get here fast enough because of them.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2011, 06:48 PM
if you have cash, why don't you use it for your food ???

Ok, say the 3 tacos and diet cost $5.26. My bank has a "Keep the Change" program when using my debit card. It will deduct $6 from my checking account, pay the 5.26, and deposit the remaining 74 cents in my savings account. So, I'm adding to my savings each transaction which adds up over the whole year. The first 3 months of the program, the bank matched the savings deposit 100%, up to $250. After that, it matches 5%.

Not only that, I don't have to f**k with the change. I keep change in the ash tray of my car, just in case I'm south of Norman and need a bale of alfalfa.

texaspokieokie
8/1/2011, 07:23 PM
Ok, say the 3 tacos and diet cost $5.26. My bank has a "Keep the Change" program when using my debit card. It will deduct $6 from my checking account, pay the 5.26, and deposit the remaining 74 cents in my savings account. So, I'm adding to my savings each transaction which adds up over the whole year. The first 3 months of the program, the bank matched the savings deposit 100%, up to $250. After that, it matches 5%.

Not only that, I don't have to f**k with the change. I keep change in the ash tray of my car, just in case I'm south of Norman and need a bale of alfalfa.

yeah, but you're getting fat on tacos.
but at that rate, you'll soon be up there with the trumps.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/1/2011, 07:47 PM
yeah, but you're getting fat on tacos.
but at that rate, you'll soon be up there with the trumps.

Yeah, it's kinda like dumping your pocket change in a big jar and the end of each day. Not much each day or week, but it adds up over time.

I don't do the tacos very often for the reason you mention.

goingoneight
8/1/2011, 11:01 PM
People on Twitter? ;)

Those who have loud, f-bombing arguments with their equally trashy significant other in a public place.

Those who think orange is a cool color.

Those who bitch about fuel prices while filling their boat and SUV up.

Those who tell me how hard life is, while playing with their iPhone 4 and paying for their groceries with food stamps or WIC.

Fans of college football teams that go 5-7 last year.

People who bitch about the weather, but don't have to work out in it.

People who buy the lifetime warranty on a casket.

People who buy the water-sealed vault for their casket.

People who leave their keys in the ignition, with their cars parked outside a garage (old neighbor of mine can't understand how his last two cars were stolen and wrecked by neighborhood kids).

People who pay for gated community apartments. Every rich brat and their 'BFF' in town knows your gate code, morons.

Contractors.

People in customer service who don't know English.

People in general.

GrapevineSooner
8/2/2011, 07:37 AM
People who call me because they can't log into their timesheet...even though the login page CLEARLY has the correct number they should be calling for login issues.

People who forget their password over vacation

People who forget their password over the weekend.

People who forget their password.

People who, after you reset their password, can't choose a new one because they don't understand their password has to be 8 characters and has to have 3 out of the following 4 in it:

1. Uppercase letter
2. Lowercase letter
3. Special character
4. Number

SanJoaquinSooner
8/2/2011, 08:52 AM
Just last night I was in the express line at the grocery store to purchase a few items. The guy in front of me was paying cash - six dollars and something was his total.

So he pulls out his wallet and removes 6 dollars (5 and a 1). Put the wallet back in his pocket. Digs with his right hand in his right front pocket to find the change he needed and then dug with his left hand in his left front pocket to find change. He didn't find any change.

So he pulls the wallet back out and removes another dollar and hands it to the clerk.

I'm confident I could have paid it three times with my debit card in the time it took him to pay cash once.

Women who have a both a billfold and a separate coin purse - and are determined to pay the exact amount - are worse.

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 09:29 AM
People in general.

:) :)

cccasooner2
8/2/2011, 09:36 AM
People who call me because they can't log into their timesheet...even though the login page CLEARLY has the correct number they should be calling for login issues.

People who, after you reset their password, can't choose a new one because they don't understand their password has to be 8 characters and has to have 3 out of the following 4 in it:

1. Uppercase letter
2. Lowercase letter
3. Special character
4. Number

Seem extreme, if everyone used 12345678 you would not have these problems.

Caboose
8/2/2011, 09:40 AM
People who actually go into convenience stores and buy things. What could you possibly need in there?

okie52
8/2/2011, 09:42 AM
People that drive slow in the left lane.

People that won't move out of the left lane.

People that don't use their turn indicator.

People that speed up when you pass them.

People texting while driving.

People talking on cell phones while driving.

texaspokieokie
8/2/2011, 10:27 AM
Just last night I was in the express line at the grocery store to purchase a few items. The guy in front of me was paying cash - six dollars and something was his total.

So he pulls out his wallet and removes 6 dollars (5 and a 1). Put the wallet back in his pocket. Digs with his right hand in his right front pocket to find the change he needed and then dug with his left hand in his left front pocket to find change. He didn't find any change.

So he pulls the wallet back out and removes another dollar and hands it to the clerk.

I'm confident I could have paid it three times with my debit card in the time it took him to pay cash once.

Women who have a both a billfold and a separate coin purse - and are determined to pay the exact amount - are worse.

i mostly only carry 20s.
all coins into jug each morning.
use coins mostly only for toll booths, of which there are none around here. only now on Indian Nation.

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 10:34 AM

1. Uppercase letter
2. Lowercase letter
3. Special character
4. Number

I know the feeling. I work in a testing center where people have to remember passwords to get into the program they take test on. It drives me nuts when people ask me, "What's my login and password?" Idk, I wasn't there when you made it you stupid ****s.....

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 10:34 AM

People who think that the turn lane is a merge lane.... :mad:

badger
8/2/2011, 10:37 AM
NP once told me that Texans will speed up if they see someone with their turn signal on, trying to get into "their" lane. As such, he really doesn't use the turn signal, and I kind of understand.

Sooner24
8/2/2011, 10:42 AM
~50+% of the business I partake in won't take credit cards. In my own business, I don't accept them. They are the bane of America. A debit card is better, but still it ain't cash.

I use two credit cards every day. An American Airlines and a Marriott Rewards card. I purchase fuel, groceries, alcohol, farm purchases, entertainment, etc. with them for the points and miles. I wouldn't even dream of buying a McDonald's burger or a bottle of water at Quick Stop with a ****ing card. I mean c'mon, who the hell goes outta the house without at least a couple 20s in their pocket? Answer? A moron.

The Marriott Rewards fee is going to $85 dollars, from $65. But the free Cat 1-5 room every year more than makes up for it.

Caboose
8/2/2011, 10:49 AM

I agree with these, except the turn indicator doesnt really bother me. I really dont understand why it is a violation if you fail to use it when turning on a 2 lane road or city street. I mean think about it... I can come to a complete stop on a city street and if the car behind me hits me it is their fault... so what difference does it make if I slow down to turn...or even stop to turn. The car behind me can see that I am slowing down or stopping, so what difference does it make that I am turning? The cars behind the car behind me can't see my turn signal... all they know is the car immediately in front of them is stopping.

okie52
8/2/2011, 10:57 AM
I agree with these, except the turn indicator doesnt really bother me. I really dont understand why it is a violation if you fail to use it when turning on a 2 lane road or city street. I mean think about it... I can come to a complete stop on a city street and if the car behind me hits me it is their fault... so what difference does it make if I slow down to turn...or even stop to turn. The car behind me can see that I am slowing down or stopping, so what difference does it make that I am turning? The cars behind the car behind me can't see my turn signal... all they know is the car immediately in front of them is stopping.

He11, I've been at 4 way stops and an idiot will turn left against opposing traffic and not use one....or people changing lanes don't use them.

Yeah, people slowing down may indicate that with their brake lights (if they are continuously braking) but why not use the turn indicator? Sure, there is some "effort" involved in pulling the lever down or pushing it up.

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 11:03 AM
He11, I've been at 4 way stops and an idiot will turn left against opposing traffic and not use one....or people changing lanes don't use them.

Yeah, people slowing down may indicate that with their brake lights (if they are continuously braking) but why not use the turn indicator? Sure, there is some "effort" involved in pulling the lever down or pushing it up.

This is how I've always felt. It takes no effort to flip the signal on, so there is no reason not to do it.

Caboose
8/2/2011, 11:09 AM

I can see how it should be used when changing lanes.... I just dont see what difference it makes when someone is turning. If they are making a legal turn then whether or not they signal is inconsequential. Suppose there are three cars in a row on a two lane highway. I am in the first car, and you are in the third. I need to make a left hand turn across traffic, so I put on my signal and start braking. The traffic is heavy, so I have to come to a complete stop and wait before I can actually make the turn. Now the guy in the 2nd car has to stop too because I am stopped in front of him. You also have to stop because the 2nd guy stopped. How did you know the 2nd guy was stopping? The fact that he put on his brakes and came to a complete stop. Do you think the 2nd guy should be required to put on his turn signal to indicate to you that the guy in front of him is turning?

tator
8/2/2011, 11:16 AM
I used cash if I have it, or debit if I don't. I don't know which method is faster really because I'm not an anal-retentive ******* that gets angry at people for slowing me down by 30 seconds because of some falsely perceived rush or self-importance.

Jesus H Christ people, how big of a hurry are you in?

sappstuf
8/2/2011, 11:17 AM

How can I do that if I am using both hands to text and my left leg to steer??

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 11:30 AM

You use your right leg to steer and left leg for signal...:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
8/2/2011, 11:39 AM
People who actually go into convenience stores and buy things. What could you possibly need in there?

Convenience , Pay tention.

okie52
8/2/2011, 12:08 PM
I can see how it should be used when changing lanes.... I just dont see what difference it makes when someone is turning. If they are making a legal turn then whether or not they signal is inconsequential. Suppose there are three cars in a row on a two lane highway. I am in the first car, and you are in the third. I need to make a left hand turn across traffic, so I put on my signal and start braking. The traffic is heavy, so I have to come to a complete stop and wait before I can actually make the turn. Now the guy in the 2nd car has to stop too because I am stopped in front of him. You also have to stop because the 2nd guy stopped. How did you know the 2nd guy was stopping? The fact that he put on his brakes and came to a complete stop. Do you think the 2nd guy should be required to put on his turn signal to indicate to you that the guy in front of him is turning?

Nope they are named turn indicators for a reason. The guy braking to a stop is also indicating his intentions. And for oncoming traffic they should certainly see a turn signal.

okie52
8/2/2011, 12:09 PM

They should have a new driving test to include these athletic maneuvers.

sappstuf
8/2/2011, 12:44 PM
They should have a new driving test to include these athletic maneuvers.

Luckily my car has the radio control buttons on the steering well, so I can change the station with my right elbow and continue to text. ;)

Caboose
8/2/2011, 12:48 PM
Nope they are named turn indicators for a reason. The guy braking to a stop is also indicating his intentions. And for oncoming traffic they should certainly see a turn signal.

Yes.. and the guy in front is also indicating he is stopping with his brake lights. What difference does it make if he is stopping to turn or stopping for someone crossing the road or stopping just for the hell of it? Either way the car behind him can see he is stopping and should adjust their speed accordingly. You dont need a turn signal. You have brake lights.

Hot Rod
8/2/2011, 12:51 PM

Yep! When I'm pulling right out of a business with the flow of traffic and I see a vehicle coming towards me along the same route, and you're gonna turn into where I'm at, give me a signal so I don't have to wait for your slow butt to reach me.

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 01:02 PM
Yes.. and the guy in front is also indicating he is stopping with his brake lights. What difference does it make if he is stopping to turn or stopping for someone crossing the road or stopping just for the hell of it? Either way the car behind him can see he is stopping and should adjust their speed accordingly. You dont need a turn signal. You have brake lights.

But like he said, what about people who would be turning out of the same turn in or on coming traffic? It's just as easy to use your signal as to not signal.

okie52
8/2/2011, 01:23 PM

Yes the 3rd car is only going to see brake lights, the 2nd car is going to see a car is turning and may decide to change lanes because of that fact ...but why "conceal" your intentions by not using a device that is in every car. And, again, that doesn't address oncoming traffic.

jumperstop
8/2/2011, 01:26 PM
Yes the 3rd car is only going to see brake lights, the 2nd car is going to see a car is turning and may decide to change lanes because of that fact ...but why "conceal" your intentions by not using a device that is in every car. And, again, that doesn't address oncoming traffic.

He's just one of those who's too cool to use his turn signal.

Condescending Sooner
8/2/2011, 01:27 PM

A more common scenario: Doesn't pull out the card until clerk needs it, clerk swipes it, hands it back to idiot, doesn't go through, clerk asks for card again, doesn't go through again, idiot says "the strip is bad, doesn't work all the time", clerk has to manually enter the number, messing up three times, wait...wait..., success! He needs to sign the receipt, but the pen doesn't work, wait for another, tries to seperate the copies himself, but can't, hands it back to cashier, gets his copy, files it in his wallet, and is done. I would pay cash and be a mile away by then.

okie52
8/2/2011, 01:33 PM
He's just one of those who's too cool to use his turn signal.

:D

I don't know that he doesn't use it and I understand why some people think that at times it is unnecessary...like when they are in a left turn only lane at a traffic light. But why not use it even then?

sappstuf
8/2/2011, 01:41 PM

I don't know that he doesn't use it and I understand why some people think that at times it is unnecessary...like when they are in a left turn only lane at a traffic light. But why not use it even then?

I keep my left blinker on at all times, just in case this happens.

okie52
8/2/2011, 01:45 PM
I keep my left blinker on at all times, just in case this happens.

You are a considerate driver.