PDA

View Full Version : MLB Talk

ouleaf
8/1/2011, 09:50 AM
Not quite in just the home stretch yet, but most teams are about 50 games out now and with the Trade Deadline expired, a lot of teams made some big moves to gear up for the playoff push.

Feel free to discuss at your leisure.

GrapevineSooner
8/1/2011, 10:41 AM
Jon Daniels is a ninja.

ouleaf
8/1/2011, 12:26 PM
Jon Daniels is a ninja.

Yeah, Rangers needed some serious Bullpen help and they got that. Both Uehara and Adams are major upgrades as setup guys for Neftali. Both Uehara and Adams have some of the lowest allowed OBP for relievers who have pitched significant innings.

ouleaf
8/16/2011, 09:21 AM
About 40 games left in the season, and it looks like things are starting to fall in place for the post season. Yankees and Red Sox are dead locked for the best record in the AL. Whoever wins the division, the other team will represent the AL as the Wild Card. There is no hope for another team to win the Wild Card spot in the AL this season. Both teams score a ton of runs. Red Sox have the tough schedule the rest of the way IMO, but they have 6 more games against the Yankees, so I think it will come down to who can win those series.

AL central race is pretty compelling between Detroit, Cleveland, and the White Sox. Unless the Tigers have a big collapse, I'd expect them to win the division. By far the best offense between the 3, and one of the best aces in baseball in Verlander.

The Rangers had a big win last night to open up their lead over the Angels to 5 games. If the Rangers can win 3 of 4 or sweep, it is pretty much a done deal at that point. Rangers have guys 1 thru 9 that can hit the ball, and with the recently acquired bullpen help, the Rangers are in the front season to make it back to back trips to the post season.

What was the most exciting division in baseball about a month ago, the NL Central, has started to be run away with by the Brewers, much to my dismay. The Pirates, who actually led the division, have gone in a free fall, along with Cincy too. I'm hoping my Cardinals can climb back into the race, but they've got to pick it up here quickly.

The Phillies should walk away with the NL East crown. They paid a bunch for high quality pitching, and it has paid off. They just don't give up runs, about 40 less than any other team so far this season.

There is quite the race for the NL west between the Giants and the Diamondbacks. The D'backs, while they give up a bunch of runs, the can put up the runs as well, and are actually the only team in that division with a positive run differential. The Giants have been right on their heels, and they might have to win the division if the hope to return to the playoffs, b/c the Braves have a significant lead in the NL Wildcard race at the moment.

GrapevineSooner
8/16/2011, 10:57 AM
Dear Fox Sports, do not place the dugout mic anywhere near Adrian Beltre.

Just trust me on this, OK?

ouleaf
8/16/2011, 12:01 PM
Dear Fox Sports, do not place the dugout mic anywhere near Adrian Beltre.

Just trust me on this, OK?

That was awesome!!!