PDA

View Full Version : First D. Murray, now Q. Carter. Crap!!!!!

MO_Sooner
7/30/2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.newsok.com/broncos-rookies-quinton-carter-von-miller-leave-practice-with-injuries/article/3590116?custom_click=lead_story_title

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 11:51 PM
Why does it seem that almost all ou players that makes it to the NFL, suffers some sort of injuries?

SoonerofAlabama
7/30/2011, 11:52 PM
Left on a cart. Not a good sign.

goingoneight
7/30/2011, 11:57 PM
Why does it seem that almost all ou players that makes it to the NFL, suffers some sort of injuries?

This year, you're going to see a lot of them. While the players were out saying they were modern day slaves and picketing for more money and stuff, they've all been getting really out of sync as far as their game goes. This doesn't bode well for rookies who still don't know everything to expect. Also, even without the ridiculous lockouts, it's football and players get hurt. AD had a hip pointer, aggravated his collarbone injury and sprained an ankle just weeks before his rookie of the year season.

MO_Sooner
7/30/2011, 11:58 PM
Went to the Denver Post website. Carter suffered from the heat. He should
be fine. Glad it wasn't a leg injury and hope he gets well quickly.

soonerstan56
7/31/2011, 01:06 AM
This year, you're going to see a lot of them. While the players were out saying they were modern day slaves and picketing for more money and stuff, they've all been getting really out of sync as far as their game goes. This doesn't bode well for rookies who still don't know everything to expect. Also, even without the ridiculous lockouts, it's football and players get hurt. AD had a hip pointer, aggravated his collarbone injury and sprained an ankle just weeks before his rookie of the year season.

I don't recall any players picketing for more money or slavery I do remember owners asking for a new contract to save them from the contracts they themselves agreed to. Maybe I missed the other part.

Stan

SoonerofAlabama
7/31/2011, 01:20 AM
I don't recall any players picketing for more money or slavery I do remember owners asking for a new contract to save them from the contracts they themselves agreed to. Maybe I missed the other part.

Stan

Well, AD did have a tweet that said the thing about slavery in a tweet in Mid-May:

"It's modern-day slavery, you know?" Peterson said. "People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money ... the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

47straight
7/31/2011, 01:51 AM

Because most NFL players suffer some sort of injury.

sooneredaco
7/31/2011, 02:07 AM

Good thing I read the entire thread before replying to the earlier question, because I was going to say the exact same thing.

MojoRisen
7/31/2011, 07:49 AM
So just heat problems? Good....

meoveryouxinfinity
7/31/2011, 12:05 PM
speaking of the heat, i wonder how it will affect our guys. I know that they haven't been outside as much as they would like because of the extreme heat. I wonder if they will have to tough it out during two a days?

Muno
7/31/2011, 12:13 PM

What?!?!?! Football players get hurt???? Next thing you know we will find out water is wet.

pappy
7/31/2011, 12:15 PM
speaking of the heat, i wonder how it will affect our guys. I know that they haven't been outside as much as they would like because of the extreme heat. I wonder if they will have to tough it out during two a days?

I figure they'll be outside in the morning and inside for the afternoon workouts.

Sooner_Tuf
7/31/2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like Carter is fine and will not be missing any time.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/31/2011, 01:01 PM
I figure they'll be outside in the morning and inside for the afternoon workouts.

The start of the season last year was a scheduling cluster****.
This year we play Sept 3 at 7pm, Sept 24 at 7pm, and Oct 1 TBA. Of course these will all be "hot" games but it won't be nearly as unbearable as last year's...
Sept 4 at 6pm, Sept 11 at 2:30pm, Sept 18 at 2:30pm
^^^^terrible...

Anyway the players are always asking my roommate (who works for compliance) if they are going to have to "play outside today". She always tells them there's no rule against making you play in the heat..

Dan Thompson
7/31/2011, 02:20 PM
He broke his angle, but he will be able to practice new week. He just needs the week-end off.

swardboy
7/31/2011, 02:55 PM
Good thing it was just an angle.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/31/2011, 03:01 PM
Good thing it was just an angle.

i heard he broke his curve in HS.