PDA

View Full Version : Debt limit debate questions...

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 10:47 PM
What would be the best option?

If the president and his goons are scared of the GOP goons plan, why won't he make his plan public so we can hear it?

I think the best option is the cut cap and budget plan. If the dems want more debt ceiling, I think it is only right to cut spending, cap the debt ceiling, and get a balanced budget amendment.

I think the president has no plan. He is using the "I want my cake and eat too" approach. No plan, even Reid's is good enough for our Negro president.

Sooner_Tuf
7/30/2011, 10:49 PM
The best plan would be to look at what we have coming and limit the spending to less than that. Take the excess and start paying off our debts.

That is the only real solution.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 10:54 PM
The best plan would be to look at what we have coming and limit the spending to less than that. Take the excess and start paying off our debts.

That is the only real solution.

I hear ya. It is better than raising the debt and raise spending.

I'm just glad the nation is once again talking about fiscal responsibility.

Sooner5030
7/30/2011, 10:58 PM
we're debating raising the debt ceiling $2.4-2.8 trillion which will last til 2013 with budget cuts that are equal but spread over 10 years and heavy late in those 10 years.

When congress appropriates for FY13 it wont matter what was included in this deal anyway.

it's a big scam and our 'free' press should do a better job of explaining to the mob what is actually going on.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 11:02 PM
Maybe the media is much like I and many Americans... We just don't know because the GOP is blowing smoke and the dems are being hush hush.

Maybe the politicians should actually show some damn transparency so we can see and learn for ourselves.

Sooner5030
7/30/2011, 11:09 PM
congress only appropriates funding 1 year at a time but budgets for 10 years.

So if in FY13 appropriations the congress changes plans for 2017 then the change in FY17 is a increase or cut in PLANNED spending. BUt it wont matter because actual 2017 appropriations will be voted on in the spring of 2016.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 11:12 PM
Yeah I understand that... I'm talking about many americans don't know what is going on with this issue because the politicians are politicking for votes and not working in the best interest of this country.

Sooner5030
7/30/2011, 11:17 PM
our system is broke and either the press doesn't do a good job or the mob just wants time to fix the problem.

This deal will be sold tomorrow as some great compromise that gets 'merica' back on track. We did nothing but kick the can down the road.

If you want cuts do them NOW and explain to the mob that GDP will have to contract to balance the budget.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 11:23 PM
I agree. It needs fixed now!

How are we going to fix it?

I say a mass reform is in order.

1. Amend const. for a balanced budget.
2. Cut spending in real places not just the military.
3. Place term limits on congress.
4. Real tax reform.
5. Downsize the government.

MamaMia
7/31/2011, 12:36 AM
This time I'm afraid they will have to raise the debt ceiling. We aren't prepared financially for any other option at the moment. In return however, the Republicans should be granted a lot of cuts in spending. They need to get to a point that there are no tax percentage hikes for anyone and make a promise to the American citizens that they will not spend anymore money than they are already taking in.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/31/2011, 12:46 AM
At 65, social security and medicare for 15 years, then you're on your own.

Sooner_Tuf
7/31/2011, 02:45 AM
The Federal Budget is no different than your household or mine, or shouldn't be. What if we were spending way more than we were making and told the bank we were going to try to address it 10-20 years down the road?

If you don't have it don't write the check. It's really that simple.

pphilfran
7/31/2011, 05:56 AM
The Federal Budget is no different than your household or mine, or shouldn't be. What if we were spending way more than we were making and told the bank we were going to try to address it 10-20 years down the road?

If you don't have it don't write the check. It's really that simple.

If we do not raise the debt ceiling we will not have money to pay existing bills...the debt ceiling has nothing to do with future spending and everything to do with past spending....

You cannot operate the government exactly like a business or a homeowner....

When unemployment is up and revenue is down the fed needs to increase spending...the increased spending will help spur the economy and to pay for higher entitlements from the unemployment roll...the exact opposite of what you would do with your personal finances...

Where we miss the boat is when we are in good times... with lower unemployment we should be able to reduce spending and/or lower taxes....

JohnnyMack
7/31/2011, 07:38 AM
What would be the best option?

If the president and his goons are scared of the GOP goons plan, why won't he make his plan public so we can hear it?

I think the best option is the cut cap and budget plan. If the dems want more debt ceiling, I think it is only right to cut spending, cap the debt ceiling, and get a balanced budget amendment.

I think the president has no plan. He is using the "I want my cake and eat too" approach. No plan, even Reid's is good enough for our Negro president.

Why don't you drive to Washington and storm into the halls of congress screeching about how you have all the answers? Make sure to loudly use the words "Negro president".

bigfatjerk
7/31/2011, 07:42 AM
Freeze all current levels of spending for next year and go from there. Cut all government programs by 10% and get rid of some programs. Change the tax system to a simpler one and then put in a balanced budget amendment which is pretty much already in the constitution already.

Sooner_Tuf
7/31/2011, 01:33 PM
If we do not raise the debt ceiling we will not have money to pay existing bills...the debt ceiling has nothing to do with future spending and everything to do with past spending....

You cannot operate the government exactly like a business or a homeowner....

When unemployment is up and revenue is down the fed needs to increase spending...the increased spending will help spur the economy and to pay for higher entitlements from the unemployment roll...the exact opposite of what you would do with your personal finances...

Where we miss the boat is when we are in good times... with lower unemployment we should be able to reduce spending and/or lower taxes....

Yes, I could. Taxes should be based on actual need for vital services and that is it. The gov shouldn't be doing anything artificial with the economy and they should even be given funds to be able to consider it.

REDREX
7/31/2011, 01:58 PM

That is the only real solution.----It is just that simple ---Live within your means----

MR2-Sooner86
7/31/2011, 02:45 PM
I'm all for a default, the house of cards coming down, and we start over with a violent revolution.

Then again, I'm all for adding a little spice into everybody's lives, mainly tabasco.

Sooner5030
7/31/2011, 04:04 PM
I'm all for a default, the house of cards coming down, and we start over with a violent revolution.

Then again, I'm all for adding a little spice into everybody's lives, mainly tabasco.

Yeah.....now we can add a fresh layer of debt onto existing debt so that we can solve the problem later when times will obviously be better.

BLAWAWAWAWWAAW

No cutting next year since it will be election year. No cutting the year after than due to either O's new 'program' or some pubs great ideas.

Before you know it we'll have $24 trillion in debt but a $15-17 trillion economy.

there will never be a better time to balance the budget than now. Eat the GDP contraction up front and the pain will be less. The Keynesian pill does not fit this situation.

Hope is not a method!

Sooner_Tuf
7/31/2011, 06:34 PM
Why don't you drive to Washington and storm into the halls of congress screeching about how you have all the answers? Make sure to loudly use the words "Negro president".

Bet he's heard worse, I know I have.

OU_Sooners75
7/31/2011, 06:40 PM

I see I twisted johnnyMacks panties. That wasn't hard.

Okay...half Negro president.

sappstuf
7/31/2011, 06:41 PM
----It is just that simple ---Live within your means----

Never!

I reserve the right to throw my money down the money hole!

JnX-D4kkPOQ

;)

SoonerKnight
7/31/2011, 06:58 PM
congress only appropriates funding 1 year at a time but budgets for 10 years.

So if in FY13 appropriations the congress changes plans for 2017 then the change in FY17 is a increase or cut in PLANNED spending. BUt it wont matter because actual 2017 appropriations will be voted on in the spring of 2016.

The whole debate is BS. The money has been appropriated for the rest of this fiscal year. Thus not raising the debt limit would cut off funding already approved. The GOP is so full of elephant dung.

JohnnyMack
7/31/2011, 07:50 PM

Just makes you sound like an ignorant hick, which I'm sure you're not.

OU_Sooners75
7/31/2011, 08:02 PM

No I'm not. But Obama acts like he is doing something when in fact he isn't. What is even sadder is that he said he is wanting to lift the limit through the next election cycle. He is pandering for votes while not keeping the countries best interest in mind.

As a very moderate democrat he has lost all of my support.

In fact I think I'm changing my registration to independent here in Oklahoma. I won't be able to vote in primaries, but I will be able to vote in the generals.

I am just tired of Washington playing games with our future as a country.

MR2-Sooner86
7/31/2011, 08:08 PM
Am I the only one for it all burning down?

Yes, there will be riots, buildings blowing up, and **** hitting the fan all over the place. Look on the bright side, you'll get to stay at home more with friends and family, spend more time cleaning your guns, and take advantage of some good looting sales.

C&CDean
7/31/2011, 08:09 PM
JM has been in Baltimore for a week. For the weak, it doesn't take long to be burnwashed.

JohnnyMack
7/31/2011, 08:34 PM
JM has been in Baltimore for a week. For the weak, it doesn't take long to be burnwashed.

I was in St. Louis, bitch.

Got to see Pujols' 2,000th hit live Beyonce.

Sooner_Tuf
7/31/2011, 09:57 PM
I

Nice!

okie52
7/31/2011, 10:14 PM
I was in St. Louis, bitch.

What a great moment....hope he is in a cards uni next year.

Sooner Eclipse
7/31/2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75

I believe he is referring to Bahrak in the same manner in which our honorable Senate majority leader was referring to him. So I guess dirty Harry is an ignorant hick as well.

kQnlcUN3qcQ