PDA

View Full Version : Have some fun... Predict texas' record.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 10:15 PM
Keep in mind, they return a shorty qb, 1 wr, 1 db. They r very thin at dt and elsewhere on defense.

Oh and they replace 3 olinemen.

I say 6-6 is the best they will do, but predict anothr 5-7 season.

What says you?

SoonerofAlabama
7/30/2011, 10:19 PM
I say UT goes about 7-5 or 8-4 with a few lucky wins.

Rice W
BYU L
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 10:36 PM
They won't win at UCLA

And KSU has their number.

SoonerofAlabama
7/30/2011, 10:37 PM
Okay so anywhere from 4-8 wins.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2011, 10:37 PM
Btw, they went 1-5 at home, you really think they go 4-2 this year?

You do realize how thin their entire team is, right?

sooneredaco
7/30/2011, 10:39 PM
I say 6-6. Step up from last year. The ratings on LHN should be awesome no doubt.

Mazeppa
7/31/2011, 12:25 AM
Keep in mind, they return a shorty qb, 1 wr, 1 db. They r very thin at dt and elsewhere on defense.

What says you?

Could you type that in English?

SoonerofAlabama
7/31/2011, 12:29 AM

Is it the shorty thing? Cause as far as I know it means that he is a young man, new to the game. But that's not true, because he will be a junior next year so I do not know.

goingoneight
7/31/2011, 12:31 AM
I say we beat Tejas 48-10ish (something modest) and who gives a shat what else happens now that they're not a threat.

Illuminati
7/31/2011, 01:01 AM
Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA L
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

They MIGHT get 8 W's, but there is NO WAY they get more than 8

OU_Sooners75
7/31/2011, 02:08 AM

Called being on a mobile. Got to love technology

cleller
7/31/2011, 07:53 AM
Just for discussion: Anyone see them pulling an upset of say, OSU, Tech, or Missouri?
They always play OSU well. If Weeden or Blackmon were to get hurt obviously the odds would go way up.

Soonermagik
7/31/2011, 08:38 AM
7-5 and they back into the my pc repair bowl.com

olevetonahill
7/31/2011, 08:39 AM
In an Ideal world , saxet will go 4-8 with a win over the pokes :D

jk the sooner fan
7/31/2011, 08:41 AM
7-5....and its always been my opinion that predicting a healthy win over ut is bad kharma - that game is always up for grabs - or so it seems

OU GENO
7/31/2011, 09:42 AM
I hope they go 0-12, but they have alot of talent and I hate to predict this 9-3 and finish 3rd behind #1 OU #2 tex a&m.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/31/2011, 10:02 AM
7 or 8 wins with a win over an overmatched opponent in a bowl game

cantwait48
7/31/2011, 10:53 AM
what was it last year again, I forget

soonervegas
7/31/2011, 02:02 PM
9-3

at UCLA
OU
at Texas A&M

TahoeSOONER
7/31/2011, 02:07 PM
Texa5 7onghorns

oumartin
7/31/2011, 02:26 PM
12-0

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2011, 05:23 PM
^^^^^^ that can't happen...literally and figuratively ^^^^^^^^

picasso
7/31/2011, 05:26 PM
I just hope we beat them.

budbarrybob
7/31/2011, 06:04 PM
Texa5 7onghorns

I C what u did there... clever :D

7-5

trwxxa
7/31/2011, 06:40 PM

What says you?

You must remember that although the kids they lost were from a highly ranked recruiting class and are highly regarded by NFL scouts, the replacements come from a highly ranked recruiting class and are highly regarded by NFL scouts. :rolleyes:

8 wins max.

They won't win at UCLA

And KSU has their number.

It does seem that they have a hard time beating the little ole ag school from Kansas in just about anything lately. :D

Dan Thompson
7/31/2011, 06:57 PM
7-6

Jacie
7/31/2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156421

OU_Sooners75
7/31/2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156421

You are irelevant and so are the threads u start. LOL

I Keed!

ouwasp
7/31/2011, 09:25 PM
tex will be better than I want them to be...I say 9-3... hope I'm wrong...

I'd like to see them go 1-11, beating [hairGel] of course...

dvdcrr
7/31/2011, 09:27 PM
Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech L
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

Gotta give Tuberville some cred. They are gonna pound UT

soonerfromgeorgia
7/31/2011, 09:32 PM
Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech L
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

Gotta give Tuberville some cred. They are gonna pound UT

Tuberville was famous at Auburn for 13-10 and 10-7 wins over decent opponents, he doesn't pound anyone.

dvdcrr
7/31/2011, 10:01 PM
You take it wrong. Pound em literally is what I mean, not scoreboard. Physically beat em up. Auburn was a real physical defensive team.

VA Sooner
7/31/2011, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking 8-4 with some close games except for a beating by UCLA at their home stadium. Young QB gets spooked in that atmosphere and throws 4 INTs before Mack has to pull him and put in younger McCoy.

CowboyMRW
7/31/2011, 10:21 PM
I'm thinking 10-2 or 9-3. Harsin and Diaz are the real deal I believe and I think they will turn them around quickly this season. I have a hard time seeing Texas suck 2 straight years

goingoneight
7/31/2011, 10:37 PM
I think once a signal caller emerges at UT, Harsin's offense is going to give the BIG 12 fits. Not because they are loaded, per se... but because the shifts and quick changes cause problems for everyone. I know Venables likes bringing random blitz packages, and they just couldn't do what they wanted in the Fiesta Bowl because things kept changing on the line before the ball was ever snapped.

Diaz... well, the jury's out on him. I can't say I know much about him. I do know Mack's not dumb enough to go after a coach with a bad resume. Defense takes a lot longer to develop into a dominant unit in this league than does an offense. So it's all on the O for Hook 'em this year, methinks.

They gave up so many times a year ago, it's hard to say what a motivated bunch could do, if they are even motivated. They have plenty of speed and football talent in Austin.

Quik Sand
8/1/2011, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking 10-2 or 9-3. Harsin and Diaz are the real deal I believe and I think they will turn them around quickly this season. I have a hard time seeing Texas suck 2 straight yearsFirst year coaches and a new system. Combine that with Gilbert Grape taking the snaps. Please provide reasoning for such a drastic improvement besides "have a hard time seeing Texas suck 2 straight years." Who are their losses to?

I will say 7-5 with a chance at 8-4 regular season.

Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA L
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

BYU and @ UCLA are toss ups to me.

badger
8/1/2011, 08:00 AM
Without any form of exaggeration whatsoever, 6-6. Losing to BYU, UCLA, OU, OSU, Tech and A&M. If they win one of those games, pencil in KSU with their usual Texas upset. With Mack's very public forced retirement, the team votes to not go to a bowl game. End of season.

Salt City Sooner
8/1/2011, 08:38 AM
I think once a signal caller emerges at UT, Harsin's offense is going to give the BIG 12 fits. Not because they are loaded, per se... but because the shifts and quick changes cause problems for everyone. I know Venables likes bringing random blitz packages, and they just couldn't do what they wanted in the Fiesta Bowl because things kept changing on the line before the ball was ever snapped.

Diaz... well, the jury's out on him. I can't say I know much about him. I do know Mack's not dumb enough to go after a coach with a bad resume. Defense takes a lot longer to develop into a dominant unit in this league than does an offense. So it's all on the O for Hook 'em this year, methinks.

They gave up so many times a year ago, it's hard to say what a motivated bunch could do, if they are even motivated. They have plenty of speed and football talent in Austin.

Might be some truth in that, but OU still held BSU's offense to 21 points in the 1st 4 quarters of that game, which should've been plenty good enough to win, had the OU O not flat out gift wrapped 2 TD's (pick 6, fumble on the OU 9) for them.

tcrb
8/1/2011, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking the whorns will do a complete 180 this year and go 7-5.

Jacie
8/1/2011, 09:54 AM
Those of you predicting whorn losses @UCLA or @Mizzou ignore the fact that they tend to play poorly at home moreso than on the road. Perhaps this is due to that "sense of entitlement" that permeates the team is also a trait of their fans. It is no secret that their home games kickoff to a stadium with a fourth to a third of the seats empty until midway through the 1st quarter, and that many of the fans leave (regardless of whether they are winning or losing) long before the second half is over. On the road, however, the whorns are a big game and they take the field to a full stadium of fans that are pumped. Doesn't matter that the crowd is hostile to them and the sa*et fans that travel are not the apathetic types like the ones that purchase season tickets they hardly use. Any whorn losses are likely to happen in Austin.

LakeRat
8/1/2011, 10:44 AM
Rice W
BYU L
at UCLA L
at Iowa State L
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri W
Kansas State L
at Texas A&M W
at Baylor L

Rice is bad!! If they lose that game, they may go 2-12.
I think BYU and UCLA will be preparing for this game all summer. I just predict Texas to struggle on the road with the lack of a QB and all of the changes on Offense.
Iowa State is good for one big win a year. I think this is it. It is in Aimes.
OU and OSU have more talent.
Kansas shouldn't have gotten rid of Mangino.
Tech is a toss up for me, this is a must win for MACK.
I expect Mizzou to be down this year actually. I think Texass pulls this win out.
KSU always beats Texass.
A & M is another must win for Mack to keep his job.
Baylor beats them to get bowl eligible.

I see 5-7 with a 5 game skid that has Mack on such a hot seat, he won't know what is going on.

OU_Sooners75
8/1/2011, 12:43 PM
^^^ this is wishful thinking.

Texas will lose at Iowa State, but win at Missouri?
They will lose @ Baylor but win @ Texas A&M?

Can you pass the bowl? I want what ur smokin'

MiccoMacey
8/1/2011, 01:20 PM
Rice W
BYU L
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

If they lose to BYU, there's a good possibility they lose to UCLA the next week as well. That'd change things a little.

Either or, I say 9-4 at best or 7-6 if they win their bowl game.

OSUAggie
8/1/2011, 01:55 PM
Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech L
at Missouri W
Kansas State L
at Texas A&M W
at Baylor W

Sooner Among The Pack
8/1/2011, 02:04 PM
Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA L
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

7-5

sooneredaco
8/1/2011, 02:04 PM

Puff puff give.... don't eff up the rotation

ATX Sooner
8/1/2011, 02:25 PM
Texa5 7onghorns

This needs more love.

+ Rep for you, sir.

badger
8/1/2011, 02:36 PM
Texa5 7onghorns

Beautiful! Marvelous! Stupendous!

:D We must massively circulate this so that everyone else starts using it and soon nobody will ever spell it out normally ever again

http://i53.tinypic.com/aloj0n.png

Position Limit
8/1/2011, 02:42 PM
it's going to be another embarrasing losing season for texas. unfortunately it will also be mack's last year.

CowboyMRW
8/1/2011, 03:11 PM
First year coaches and a new system. Combine that with Gilbert Grape taking the snaps. Please provide reasoning for such a drastic improvement besides "have a hard time seeing Texas suck 2 straight years." Who are their losses to?

I will say 7-5 with a chance at 8-4 regular season.

Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA L
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri L
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M L
at Baylor W

BYU and @ UCLA are toss ups to me.

Look what Diaz did in one year at MSU. Texas has 10x the talent that MSU does. Harsin is a major major major (cannot be repeated enough) upgrade in talent at the OC position. Gilbert has the physical tools to be a star and if he can get it right in the head then they can be a successful team.

Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Oklahoma State Toss(depends on the OU game)
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri W
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M W
at Baylor W

This is how I realistically see them playing out. Mack knows he's on the hot seat and needs to get his sh*t together so I think he's going to push them to be the best that they can be. I'm also a huge fan of Applewhite and I think he will do big things as the Qb coach and Co-OC.

Soonerlife07
8/1/2011, 03:34 PM
Look what Diaz did in one year at MSU. Texas has 10x the talent that MSU does. Harsin is a major major major (cannot be repeated enough) upgrade in talent at the OC position. Gilbert has the physical tools to be a star and if he can get it right in the head then they can be a successful team.

Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri W
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M W
at Baylor W

This is how I realistically see them playing out. Mack knows he's on the hot seat and needs to get his sh*t together so I think he's going to push them to be the best that they can be. I'm also a huge fan of Applewhite and I think he will do big things as the Qb coach and Co-OC.

11-1?? No F'in WAY I hope your not for real lol!!! I say at best an 8 win season for the whorns and thats being very gratious!

Herr Scholz
8/1/2011, 03:44 PM
I've got 8 wins in regular season plus a bowl win. Our D will be good. Our problems are QB play and OTs. If the injury bug hits our O line, we could be in trouble. Very thin there.

MiccoMacey
8/1/2011, 03:55 PM
I've got 8 wins in regular season plus a bowl win. Our D will be good. Our problems are QB play and OTs. If the injury bug hits our O line, we could be in trouble. Very thin there.

8 wins...will you guys make rings or banners? ;)

Oh, and don't look now but I think my Reds just swept the Giants.

yankee
8/1/2011, 03:56 PM

Secondary is quite inexperienced outside of Gideon (lol), is it not?

Herr Scholz
8/1/2011, 04:46 PM
Secondary is quite inexperienced outside of Gideon (lol), is it not?

No. We've got 4 players back at Safety: Gideon (starter), Scott (starter), Vacarro (probably our best DB and best overall cover guy according to the players this summer - will play nickel and can play CB as well) and Brewster (has a lot of experience). We'll be starting 2 new CBs out of Adrian Phillips, Carrington Byndom and Quandre Diggs. But like I said, Vacarro can slide down there if needed.

Our D will not be the problem. Trust me.

Herr Scholz
8/1/2011, 04:47 PM
8 wins...will you guys make rings or banners? ;)
Possibly.

Oh, and don't look now but I think my Reds just swept the Giants.
Hope they stay in this thing.

OUInformant
8/1/2011, 06:29 PM
I think I'm going to reserve my trash talk until after we beat them, which I feel is the underlying vibe of the thread. Let us not forget, that there have been many upsets in this rivalry. Plus, we only beat a 5-7 Texas team 28-20 last year, and almost blew it when Landry fumbled the ball (that went out of bounds).

Yeah, Texas won't go undefeated, but they may have a much better season than we all think.

TahoeSOONER
8/1/2011, 08:01 PM
Beautiful! Marvelous! Stupendous!

:D We must massively circulate this so that everyone else starts using it and soon nobody will ever spell it out normally ever again

http://i53.tinypic.com/aloj0n.png

I'm glad you enjoyed it and we still have a month to point and laugh and use it.

gaylordfan1
8/1/2011, 11:13 PM
They will have at least 8 wins.... I think their OC will overcompensate for their lack of talent at QB.

goingoneight
8/1/2011, 11:18 PM
Te*a5 7ongwhorn$

Let's keep adding onto this... :D

OU_Sooners75
8/2/2011, 01:11 AM
I think a lot of people are overcompensating Harsin.

1. It was not his offense he was running in Boise. It was originally Hawkins.
2. Look at how that offense worked in Boulder.
3. Every big game he has coached in, he has had at least 2 weeks to prepare for. The vast majority of big games were either season openers or bowl games.

It will be interesting to see him in a real conference that is for sure. But let's hold off a bit to see what he can do!

Even Mike Leach's offense took 2 to 3 seasons to be where he wanted it to be. I don't think Harsin is a genius like Leach is.

OU_Sooners75
8/2/2011, 01:14 AM
Te*a5 7ongwhorn$

T***5 7***w****$

Jacie
8/2/2011, 09:04 AM
. . . we only beat a 5-7 Texas team 28-20 last year, and almost blew it when Landry fumbled the ball (that went out of bounds).

Yeah, Texas won't go undefeated, but they may have a much better season than we all think.

This is the kind of thing you can read on hornfans.com. It doesn't matter if the final margin is by 8 or 80. Sooners only beat 4-8 Utah State by 7 and Cincinnati by 2 but you know what, at the final gun the W was on OUr side of the ledger. Moral victories are for the losers.

LakeRat
8/2/2011, 11:18 AM

I really think the team will pull out the wins that keep him from being fired mid season.

I think Baylor actually has the talent to beat them and Iowa State is always good for an upset. I think this is theirs for the year.

BTW Baylor and Iowa State beat them last year.

Quik Sand
8/2/2011, 11:25 AM

Rice W
BYU W
at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
Oklahoma L
Kansas W
Texas Tech W
at Missouri W
Kansas State W
at Texas A&M W
at Baylor W

This is how I realistically see them playing out. Mack knows he's on the hot seat and needs to get his sh*t together so I think he's going to push them to be the best that they can be. I'm also a huge fan of Applewhite and I think he will do big things as the Qb coach and Co-OC.I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but this will prove to be laughable and bumped.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/2/2011, 12:27 PM
Look what Diaz did in one year at MSU. Texas has 10x the talent that MSU does.

You forget that nobody plays offense in the SEC (OK, I'll give the piggies). Miss St has had credible defenses in recent years, just nothing on offense. That was the difference last year

OUVarsityXV
8/2/2011, 01:18 PM
7-5 possibly 8-4. It is hard to see them not bouncing back from last year. At the same time a lot of schools like Baylor, KSU and Iowa State might have confidence in their team's ability to beat texas. Much like the Miami Heat played with a target on their back the entire season (for different reasons obviously), the longhorns will be playing teams with a confidence they didn't have before last season. Texas can choose to use that adversity for motivation or they can succumb to the increased pressure they will be facing. I am hoping for the latter.

TahoeSOONER
8/2/2011, 01:42 PM
Te*a5 7ongwhorn$

Win

Herr Scholz
8/2/2011, 01:43 PM
Mack knows he's on the hot seat and needs to get his sh*t together so I think he's going to push them to be the best that they can be.
Mack's not on the hot seat. Every player on the team is motivated from that debacle last season. That's the motivation. How fast the new schemes on both sides of the ball get implemented remains to be seen. The biggest coaching hire we had was Bennie Wylie btw.

MiccoMacey
8/4/2011, 11:21 AM
The biggest coaching hire we had was Bennie Wylie btw.

Especially if you're going by the delta in outgoing coach's weight versus the incoming coach's weight.

:D

The Maestro
8/4/2011, 11:24 AM
I say UT goes about 7-5 or 8-4 with a few lucky wins.

at UCLA W
at Iowa State W
at Baylor W

You know they lost to these three teams at home last year, right?

mightysooner
8/4/2011, 01:56 PM
9-3

Herr Scholz
8/4/2011, 01:59 PM
Especially if you're going by the delta in outgoing coach's weight versus the incoming coach's weight.

:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D1Pobjdu01I/TWXOx73HsNI/AAAAAAAAgCA/YHn9VjQHueI/s1600/Fat-Albert-cartoon.jpg

WestLakeHillsSooner
8/4/2011, 02:08 PM
4-8 or 5-7

Okie35
8/4/2011, 05:28 PM
Now that they lost another key receiver (Malcolm Williams)I may have to change my prediction.

the-rover
8/5/2011, 05:31 AM
I'm thinking 10-2 or 9-3. Harsin and Diaz are the real deal I believe and I think they will turn them around quickly this season. I have a hard time seeing Texas suck 2 straight years

This entire post is flawed because of the last sentence. Texas is suck.