PDA

View Full Version : why can't just 1 writer know football?

GKeeper316
7/29/2011, 09:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/2011Big12MediaDays2/2011-big-12-media-days

During the 2008 season, when the Sooners lost to Florida 24-14 in the BCS National Championship Game, Murray and Chris Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=506628) both ran for more than 1,000 yards while sharing carries.

demarco murray ruptured his hamstring in the big 12 championship and didn't even play in the mnc game.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/29/2011, 09:53 AM
demarco murray ruptured his hamstring in the big 12 championship and didn't even play in the mnc game.

Didn't see the part where it said he did play in the game but ok.

CowboyMRW
7/29/2011, 09:57 AM
I don't follow with what you're complaining about

OUTrumpet
7/29/2011, 10:02 AM
Chris Brown had over 1000 yards rushing in 08.

DeMarco Murray had over 1000 yards rushing in 08.

fwsooner22
7/29/2011, 10:06 AM
He just got confused after looking at those new OSU uni's......

oumartin
7/29/2011, 10:06 AM
Can't just one reader know football?

GKeeper316
7/29/2011, 10:08 AM
talks about how awesome murray was and then references a game he didn't even play in... shabby writing imo.

olevetonahill
7/29/2011, 10:55 AM
Heres ya another
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QgcIP-pa2II/SUbQw9KAJcI/AAAAAAAAAX8/TygI4OQWl-E/s400/GomerPyle.jpg

oudavid1
7/29/2011, 11:00 AM
Ok, the sentence starts with, in the year 2008, and then he cites the one game everyone would remember from that year, which is the most important one, and followed it up with a true fact.

This thread is pointless.

badger
7/29/2011, 11:15 AM
The history of Oklahoma football
by badger (a blond chick)

Oklahoma football started in 2000 when they first actually televised a game up where I live in Wisconsin. I had no idea that they had a football team, but once when I went to campus to move my brother in I remember seeing a "School of Football" t-shirt or something.

Naturally, when you win every game in one season, you are going to win every game the next season. That is why it is odd that we have lost games since then, including to the ATM of College Station, the weird looking alien ships Hook em of Austin, and even the orange guys of Stillwater.

Did you notice how crowded Interstate 35 is after leaving Stillwater? The first time this happened to me, it was like rats escaping from a sinking ship. Must have take five, six hours to get back to Norman.

Bowl games are fun, but Oklahoma football attends them every year so it's not really a big deal unless it's for the national championship, which is part of something call bullsh!t... but they of course don't call it bullsh!t, they call it BS.

The Big 12 must be easy to win, because Oklahoma football does it practically every year. Perhaps we should move to a more competitve conference with more competitive teams. Texas is a losing football program now, so we don't have much competition left.

I like how shiny the OU helmets are. They just seem to glisten in the Oklahoma sun. Not that I like sun. Games are too hot to attend and there's not nearly enough shade or clouds to shade the sun during most games. Maybe we should play at midnight.

There is nothing more gross than seeing the Oklahoma football field turf up close after games. Mouth guards, ripped up grass, and it all stinks like sweat, blood and tears. It's even worse if it rains... not that I'd mind rain. It's hot on game days!

I wish that everyone in front of me would sit down more often so I wouldn't have to stand, but it is what it is. We are packed in like sardines in most places and seatbacks are about my only way of saving some butt space on the bleachers.

PS: I have seriously contemplated all of the above far more than I've contemplated Mike Leach's ninja formation, the BCS formula changes, and everything else football-specific.

texaspokieokie
7/29/2011, 11:23 AM
talks about how awesome murray was and then references a game he didn't even play in... shabby writing imo.

looks to me like you mis-read it.
;)

Jacie
7/29/2011, 12:32 PM
Upon first read, I wondered how Oklahoma lost a game in which two different backs ran for over a thousand yards . . .

Wishboned
7/29/2011, 12:37 PM
Upon first read, I wondered how Oklahoma lost a game in which two different backs ran for over a thousand yards . . .

All the yardage was between opposite 1 yard lines.

Soonerfan88
7/29/2011, 01:09 PM
Apparently commas are now so misused, folks no longer understand a sentence when they are used properly.

oudavid1
7/29/2011, 01:19 PM
Apparently commas are now so misused, folks no longer understand a sentence when they are used properly.

Its a message board, not a grammar class. Ease up on your expectations.

Widescreen
7/29/2011, 01:19 PM
During the year 2011, when SF.com had a blowup with many people getting banned, GKeeper316 hadn't figured out how to read english.

;)

Soonerfan88
7/29/2011, 01:26 PM
No, David, I'm not a grammar nazi on message boards or I would have 2 or 3 times the number of posts. The original confusing sentence was written by a professional. Unlike many supposed journalists today, Schlabach actually used correct grammar. It's becoming so rare the general public has trouble reading it.

oudavid1
7/29/2011, 10:00 PM
No, David, I'm not a grammar nazi on message boards or I would have 2 or 3 times the number of posts. The original confusing sentence was written by a professional. Unlike many supposed journalists today, Schlabach actually used correct grammar. It's becoming so rare the general public has trouble reading it.

I agree. Didnt mean to be a d**k.

CowboyMRW
7/29/2011, 10:21 PM
The history of Oklahoma football
by badger (a blond chick)

Oklahoma football started in 2000 when they first actually televised a game up where I live in Wisconsin. I had no idea that they had a football team, but once when I went to campus to move my brother in I remember seeing a "School of Football" t-shirt or something.

Naturally, when you win every game in one season, you are going to win every game the next season. That is why it is odd that we have lost games since then, including to the ATM of College Station, the weird looking alien ships Hook em of Austin, and even the orange guys of Stillwater.

Did you notice how crowded Interstate 35 is after leaving Stillwater? The first time this happened to me, it was like rats escaping from a sinking ship. Must have take five, six hours to get back to Norman.

Bowl games are fun, but Oklahoma football attends them every year so it's not really a big deal unless it's for the national championship, which is part of something call bullsh!t... but they of course don't call it bullsh!t, they call it BS.

The Big 12 must be easy to win, because Oklahoma football does it practically every year. Perhaps we should move to a more competitve conference with more competitive teams. Texas is a losing football program now, so we don't have much competition left.

I like how shiny the OU helmets are. They just seem to glisten in the Oklahoma sun. Not that I like sun. Games are too hot to attend and there's not nearly enough shade or clouds to shade the sun during most games. Maybe we should play at midnight.

There is nothing more gross than seeing the Oklahoma football field turf up close after games. Mouth guards, ripped up grass, and it all stinks like sweat, blood and tears. It's even worse if it rains... not that I'd mind rain. It's hot on game days!

I wish that everyone in front of me would sit down more often so I wouldn't have to stand, but it is what it is. We are packed in like sardines in most places and seatbacks are about my only way of saving some butt space on the bleachers.

PS: I have seriously contemplated all of the above far more than I've contemplated Mike Leach's ninja formation, the BCS formula changes, and everything else football-specific.

Wow, never thought you to be a blond. Always thought you were for sure a brunette :D