PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

NormanPride
7/29/2011, 09:01 AM
meh.

delhalew
7/29/2011, 10:06 AM
meh.

No free version for your phone. I haven't used it yet.

SoonerBorn
7/29/2011, 11:49 AM
I have an invite, but haven't signed up yet. How is it different than, say, Grooveshark?

SoonerDude
7/29/2011, 12:00 PM
I have an invite, but haven't signed up yet. How is it different than, say, Grooveshark?

Larger selection of songs. The ability to create collaborative playlists. The social integration is my favorite part, I'll find an old song I hadn't heard in years, send it to some old friends through Spotify with a message attached. Stuff like that. I have an extra invite laying around if anyone wants it, PM me.

SoonerDude
7/29/2011, 12:02 PM
Free version is unlimited for the first 6 months, then it's 10 hours per month.

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2011, 03:06 PM
I shelled out for the premium service, and I absolutely love it.

Almost any song I want, anytime I want, and on any device I want.

delhalew
7/29/2011, 03:59 PM
I shelled out for the premium service, and I absolutely love it.

Almost any song I want, anytime I want, and on any device I want.

It recently hit me how all this little **** adds up, so I don't know that I will sign up for another pay service.

NormanPride
7/29/2011, 04:10 PM
I don't have anyone on my list that has a public playlist. :(

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2011, 04:19 PM
It recently hit me how all this little **** adds up, so I don't know that I will sign up for another pay service.

Yep, this is true.

soonerhubs
10/5/2011, 04:00 PM
Spotify has slowly grown on me. I only have the free version, but I just love the soundtracks I can add to my playlist. I've become a Hans Zimmer junkie.

soonerhubs
3/12/2012, 07:18 AM
My playlist titled Study Music rules all (if you like instrumental soundtracks). Also, I just bought the premium service, and I'm sorta hooked. :)

cleller
3/12/2012, 08:10 AM
I've got it playing for free right now. Use it often and don't mind the commercials. I didn't realize after 6 months it would be limited. Bummer. It really does have a huge library.
I also have a Rhapsody account, but that is really for my daughter and son-in-law, so I rarely use it. Don't want to risk knocking them off it, they use it all the time.

Sometimes I think back to the 70's, and searching thru the racks of oldie albums and singles looking for stuff the radio had dropped. Now its all available anytime on these services, or Youtube.