PDA

View Full Version : Condom Factoid

soonercruiser
7/28/2011, 09:51 PM
History of the Condom
Interesting piece of history from the internet...

In 1872 the Arabs invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.

In 1873 the British somewhat refined the idea by taking the intestine out of
the goat first.
:D

sooner_born_1960
7/28/2011, 09:52 PM
:)

sooner59
7/28/2011, 10:13 PM
Heh. :D

XingTheRubicon
7/28/2011, 11:03 PM
You misspelled Payne County

cleller
7/29/2011, 07:25 AM
I miss the condom machines in men's rooms. Very strange, but interesting to see on roadtrips as a kid. Every time I see a diaper machine in a men's room (!), I think how the times have changed.

Maybe they are still hanging on in some truck stops.

KantoSooner
7/29/2011, 09:22 AM
Every gas station pissoir I use on my sales perambulations has a selection. Probably says more about my territory than about modern society....

olevetonahill
7/29/2011, 09:38 AM
I've got a box with a bunch of fairly old stuff In it there is a Condom Im guessin from the 40s its in a small box much like the old match boxes ya cou could carry around . Ive slid the box open and that thing looks like it coulkd be used as an innertube its so thick.:eek:

KantoSooner
7/29/2011, 11:20 AM
Great condom story:

I once worked for a Japanese trading company in NYC. At the beginning of the 'we can live with this AIDS thing' era (around 1990), one sales guy thought it would be smart to import a 40' container of condoms. You'll recall that latex was in short supply, hospitals were running out of gloves, etc; so it made some sense.
Then he couldn't sell them.
Reason?
Too small.
It was fun watching him try to figure out a way to get rid of them without having to tell Tokyo.
They lived in a warehouse in New Jersey for almost two years and then I transferred. Never did hear of what became of them.

soonercruiser
7/29/2011, 05:17 PM
Great condom story:

I once worked for a Japanese trading company in NYC. At the beginning of the 'we can live with this AIDS thing' era (around 1990), one sales guy thought it would be smart to import a 40' container of condoms. You'll recall that latex was in short supply, hospitals were running out of gloves, etc; so it made some sense.
Reason?
Too small.
It was fun watching him try to figure out a way to get rid of them without having to tell Tokyo.
They lived in a warehouse in New Jersey for almost two years and then I transferred. Never did hear of what became of them.

Wrong catalog number!
They bought finget cots!
(only fits one finger!)
:D

soonercruiser
7/29/2011, 05:18 PM
I miss the condom machines in men's rooms. Very strange, but interesting to see on roadtrips as a kid. Every time I see a diaper machine in a men's room (!), I think how the times have changed.

Tried the diaper!
Too bulky.

Osce0la
7/29/2011, 06:04 PM

had people taken advantage of the condom dispensers in the mens room, we would have less diaper dispensers in the mens room.

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2011, 06:06 PM
Great condom story:

Reason?
Too small.

Send 'em my way!