PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: Who do we beat for the national title?

badger
7/28/2011, 11:08 AM
This is my final poll folks for the offseason folks, unless something crazy happens and I'm inspired to try again.

I am taking the preseason polls from here (http://lsufootball.net/articles/2011-preseason-polls.htm) and putting the top 10 teams (not including Oklahoma) up and you can always write one in.

Who do we beat for championship No. 8 this season? Tell me why!

Four days of votin' and please don't try to change your vote or vote for more than one. Thanks for a fun offseason.

EDIT: And yes, I also find it hilarious that the Big Ten has only one team in the top ten and wouldn't if Texas paid its child support :P

The Maestro
7/28/2011, 11:11 AM
I say it is Boise this year. LSU will beat Oregon to start the season...but will lose along the way. Bama has some issues.

SyN
7/28/2011, 11:16 AM
SOB!! The Final Jinks!!! the #1 Ranking now This!!!! ROFL!!!

One Game at a Time!!!

LSU is Loaded...!! But their schedule is brutal!!!

Yes I know Jefferson is young, but really showed alot in their spring game...

Fraggle145
7/28/2011, 11:21 AM
SOB!! The Final Jinks!!! the #1 Ranking now This!!!! ROFL!!!

One Game at a Time!!!

LSU is Loaded...!!

Except at QB.

OU Engineer
7/28/2011, 11:24 AM
I voted LSU because that is just our luck.

However I would love to play Boise St. I think the tables would be turned in terms of "David vs. Goliath" and how everyone was sucking their jargons.

Mississippi Sooner
7/28/2011, 11:24 AM
I really want it to be Bammer. That could make for some good times in Nawlins.

The Maestro
7/28/2011, 11:34 AM

Like Brandon Daniels did...

sooner59
7/28/2011, 11:42 AM
Wisconsin out of nowhere...

SyN
7/28/2011, 11:45 AM
LoL!! Like I said... LSU is Loaded! You guys can Bla Bla Bla all ya want to... But their schedule is almost suicide... Brandon Daniels ..lol...You got me real good with that one!!!

Mind You I hate LSU...

badger
7/28/2011, 11:47 AM
I need to remind myself when seeing this when it appears that some conferences are more equal than others, to quote Animal Farm:
http://i52.tinypic.com/ndkbjs.jpg

LVSOONER15
7/28/2011, 11:51 AM
I want it to be the ducks, they have it coming.

kevpks
7/28/2011, 02:34 PM
Wisconsin. The Big 10 is weak, they get Nebraska at home, and Ohio State is a mess.

NormanPride
7/28/2011, 02:45 PM
Wisconsin has to be a favorite. South Carolina could also be a dark horse if they find a QB.

We have a tough road through FSU, A&M, and OSU. If we make it, we really deserve to be there. This may be a year where we can lose early and still make it, but that's a longshot. Most likely we will have to run the table.

OUVarsityXV
7/28/2011, 02:51 PM
I think LSU. Bama has too many question marks. I think LSU drops one but they win the SEC. 2003 NCG with a different outcome!

BigTip
7/28/2011, 03:12 PM
At first glance, I thought LSU or Bama, then laughed when I went to results to see that they were tied in the voting. Makes sense.

Recent history says there will be a SEC team in the title game. Even one with one or two losses.

BigTip
7/28/2011, 03:13 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/ndkbjs.jpg
Damn! This really did make me laugh out loud.

En_Fuego
7/28/2011, 03:18 PM
Oklahoma State ???:gary:

SoonerofAlabama
7/28/2011, 03:23 PM
Because they are in the top 10. badger went with the preseason top 10 list for who we play.

budbarrybob
7/28/2011, 03:24 PM

I remember Eric Moore looking very good in a spring game...

SOFSooner
7/28/2011, 03:24 PM
I think that we have to beat everyone on our schedule to win the 8th National Championship.

badger
7/28/2011, 03:34 PM
I do think it will be a longshot to play a team that we met in the regular season, especially one in our conference, but the possibility is there and it's nearly happened before recently. Remember tOSU vs Florida/Michigan? Remember the Florida schools thinking they'd just play each other after OU finally inevitably lost in the 2000 season?

I think it would be especially difficult for another conference now, but with the Big 12, we have no title game :D

SyN
7/28/2011, 04:05 PM
ROFL!! I never said Jefferson was looking very good... I never got a close look at him without his helmet... I said he showed alot... His physical play on the field...

Look Back at last yrs AT&T Cotton bowl game against those A&M aggies... As a freshman he handled himself very well I think...

I must say their defense is solid...

goingoneight
7/28/2011, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't that just burn everyone's *** if we played Nebraska for the MNC?

Texas, OSU, the BIG 12 in general, the BIG 10 in general, the SEC in its entirity... :D

Jacie
7/29/2011, 08:29 AM
I think the nebbish have the easiest path to the BCS championship game, certainly easier than any SEC contender. Oregon returns their qb and rb from last year but must rebuild the o-line including a new center and perhaps some of the Pac 10 defenses are starting to catch up with the duck offense just as some Big 12 teams learned to deal with Mike Leach's offense. Boise will play different teams in a new conference this year but unlike NU, they should be better not worse than what they are used to. They also open with a tough test versus Georgia in Atlanta.

OU GENO
7/29/2011, 09:35 AM
Why does everyone hate Oregon it was the pac10 refs not the team.

SyN
7/29/2011, 10:45 AM
Geno: What It Is!!!! I think Oregon and Wisconsin are the sleepers...Maybe throw LSU in there... If the stars are lined up right? Before a game is ever played and looking at the preseason rankings... I would say any team in the top 20 has a chance...

After looking through the top 20... I might change that to top 15 teams has a shot...