PDA

View Full Version : Stoops, Landry & Broyles @ESPN Campus

OUVarsityXV
7/28/2011, 10:31 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/01_sooner_football_notebook.html

Above is the Link from SoonerSports.com

Landry Jones and Ryan Broyles will join Coach Stoops in Bristol, Conn., for a day at the ESPN campus on Friday. The Sooners will participate in the famous "car wash" where sports figures appear on multiple network platforms (TV, internet, radio) in quick succession. SoonerSports.com will have exclusive coverage from the trip beginning Thursday afternoon.

Here is the tentative schedule (all times are Central):

8:00 a.m. - Year of the Quarterback (Landry only)
8:40 a.m. - SportsCenter (live together)
9:00 a.m. - ESPN RISE (football field)
9:25 a.m. - Social Media
9:50 a.m. - First Take (live together)
10:10 a.m. - Doug Gottlieb Show taping (with Mike Salk)
10:30 a.m. - Scott Van Pelt Show
10:50 a.m. - Podcast
11:20 a.m. - SportsCenter (live together)
11:30-12:15 p.m. - Lunch
12:15 p.m. - ESPN.com chat
12:45-2:15 p.m. - College Football Live
1:30 p.m. - Digital Media
2:00 p.m. - SportsNation
2:30 p.m. - SportsCenter (live together)
3:10 p.m. - ESPN Radio Dallas

SoonerofAlabama
7/28/2011, 12:28 PM
Wow, big day. I'll be glued to the TV set.

goingoneight
7/28/2011, 10:05 PM
They'd lock up the Oklahoma market if they had programming like this everyday during the off-season. :D

badger
7/29/2011, 08:43 AM
They just showed LJ and RB. They're on after this commercial break. Tune in if you can!

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 08:50 AM
Ryan Broyles on why he came back for his senior season: "first and foremost, school..I'll be the first in my family to walk across the stage"

Muno
7/29/2011, 08:55 AM
I was really impressed with both of them. Very well spoken and excellent representatives of the University. Broyles has that million dollar smile doesn't he?

SoonerBorn85
7/29/2011, 08:57 AM
Two very mature young men. They mentioned that a different defensive player will probably wear # 12 each week in honor of Box.

badger
7/29/2011, 08:58 AM
In a general overview, they discussed being a preseasons #1 or #2 (said it didn't matter now, mattered at the end of the season more), dealing with Box's death, Landry's proposal, Ryan being only a few receptions away from the all-time record, Landry's leadership, Ryan not going to the draft.

Interesting note: On the side scroller at the beginning, they said "JONES AND BROYLE LIVE" and they changed in a minute later, hehe.

What stuck out to me was that RB said that LJ was like the team's "father figure," which made Landry laugh, almost nervously it sounded like. I wonder if that is code for "Whitney is pregnant but you weren't supposed to say that to ESPN, thanks a lot!"

(I don't want to start any rumors, but I surely couldn't be the only one wondering about that word choice)

They also mentioned that some players might change numbers in honor of Box, so I was at first picturing LJ going with another number so that #12 could be Box's. They later clarified that they didn't know what the plan was for offense, but that likely on defense, one player each game would wear #12 in honor of Box.

If THAT wouldn't want to make you step up and perform and never get a penalty, I don't know what would :D

:mad: That being said, if any penalties are called on "Number 12, on the defense," there's gonna be Stoops hell to pay.

Very fun interview from both. LJ seemed nervous almost. RB was smiling a lot.

SoonerBorn85
7/29/2011, 08:59 AM
Ryan Broyles on why he came back for his senior season: "first and foremost, school..I'll be the first in my family to walk across the stage"

Very respectable move by Ryan.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 09:08 AM
I'm watching first take... awkward moment where Skip Bayless is asked about Stoops being in the building.. he says "yeah, he said hi to me..." "...I love my Sooners" <silence> "Boomer Sooner"

I wonder if Stoops gave him the evil eye???? Or maybe he said hey punk, stop saying you love us before you rip us.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 09:57 AM
On FirstTake, Broyles and Jones play "True or False" game. The last question went to Broyles-- "Will Landry Jones win the Heisman trophy?" Broyles puts up his TRUE card and Jones puts up his FALSE. Jones explains and says that Broyles will win it :D

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 10:03 AM
Skip is wearing an OU hat, he was again asked about meeting Bob Stoops, "it was a little cold" then they talked about how Skip is pretty critical of Bob... "because I love the Sooners, I can't be objective"

Bob must have said something :D

SyN
7/29/2011, 10:34 AM
Dad GuM!! Missed it... I hate working for a living!!!

badger
7/29/2011, 10:45 AM
Dad GuM!! Missed it... I hate working for a living!!!

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be on their site later today. I'll provide a link if I see one.

Lott's Bandana
7/29/2011, 11:05 AM
ESPN2: 11am - 1pm

Replay, First Take

NOVSooner
7/29/2011, 11:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6815547&categoryid=2378529

watch their facial expressions throughout and then watch when Box is brought up. you just feel as if some point this season, if not all season, Box will be brought up and these SOONERS will play lights out for him. and yes, Landry is clearly the leader of this team and what he says, goes.

yankee
7/29/2011, 11:08 AM
Skip is wearing an OU hat, he was again asked about meeting Bob Stoops, "it was a little cold" then they talked about how Skip is pretty critical of Bob... "because I love the Sooners, I can't be objective"

LMAO! I love it...

Lott's Bandana
7/29/2011, 11:34 AM
Part of the pride of being a Sooners fan, in addition to the success on the field or court, is the parade of outstanding individuals that represent the school so well on the national stage.

GK
AD
Sam
Blake
Paris x 2
Landry
Ryan
TLew
TRRW
(insert name here)

I loves me some Boz, but it seems the era of Joe C. has reshaped the model of the successful athlete at Our University.

SyN
7/29/2011, 12:34 PM
Landry & Ryan represent the school and OU so Perfect it is incredible... I say in behalf of Myself and my whole Family we are proud of you two... No matter what happens this season all 4 of us will be standing within our seats in section 23 row 20 and yelling and cheering for You!!!!!

Fiatil
7/29/2011, 12:43 PM

Actually the other anchor clarified that Skip acted more like a little kid around his idol than normal Skip Bayless with Stoops around; he's a wuss, he's not going to be a jerk with Bob in house.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 01:51 PM
Actually the other anchor clarified that Skip acted more like a little kid around his idol than normal Skip Bayless with Stoops around; he's a wuss, he's not going to be a jerk with Bob in house.

No, you must have not been watching earlier. It was clear what they meant. I think they were trying to gloss over it.

Fiatil
7/29/2011, 01:58 PM
I mean it's pretty trivial, but we're talking about when they were all sitting around in the lounge place right? Skip with OU hat on, white anchor guy on left and black anchor guy in the middle? I actually caught the rerun around noon and it was right after/during Landry and Broyles giving their first take interview. Maybe a video of it will pop up and I can see if I was wrong, but it seemed to me like guy on left enthusiastically threw out "cold" as an expectation after someone said "You should have seen Skip with Stoops earlier" and he hadn't actually seen it, to which guy in the middle says "No actually...."

But yeah, kind of need it to pop up on ESPN to make sure, maybe I was just a bit drowsy. It was definitely a sort of awkward moment, and I could have caught an awkward rehash of what was said earlier.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 02:52 PM
I mean it's pretty trivial, but we're talking about when they were all sitting around in the lounge place right? Skip with OU hat on, white anchor guy on left and black anchor guy in the middle? I actually caught the rerun around noon and it was right after/during Landry and Broyles giving their first take interview. Maybe a video of it will pop up and I can see if I was wrong, but it seemed to me like guy on left enthusiastically threw out "cold" as an expectation after someone said "You should have seen Skip with Stoops earlier" and he hadn't actually seen it, to which guy in the middle says "No actually...."

But yeah, kind of need it to pop up on ESPN to make sure, maybe I was just a bit drowsy. It was definitely a sort of awkward moment, and I could have caught an awkward rehash of what was said earlier.

No i'm talking about like an hour before Ryan and Landry were even on. They first brought up Stoops and it was OBVIOUS that it was awkward and they were hinting at the fact that Stoops was cold to Skip.

delhalew
7/29/2011, 04:14 PM
Cold is not so bad. Half the time Bob is in that building, he looks like he is chewing on a turd.

badger
7/29/2011, 04:32 PM
Gee, I wonder why Stoops and other professions in sports don't like Skippy?
qkpcKvxK7tg

badger
7/29/2011, 04:58 PM
btw, here's the ESPN chatroom with LJ and RB:

Link (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/39530)

KantoSooner
7/29/2011, 05:00 PM
Part of the pride of being a Sooners fan, in addition to the success on the field or court, is the parade of outstanding individuals that represent the school so well on the national stage.

GK
AD
Sam
Blake
Paris x 2
Landry
Ryan
TLew
TRRW
(insert name here)

I loves me some Boz, but it seems the era of Joe C. has reshaped the model of the successful athlete at Our University.

You are not implying that previous era's didn't produce fine representatives are you? I seem to recall national political figures, well spoken journalists, honorable businessmen and fine individuals such as our own Sammy B's dad having graduated long before Joe C came along.

Not cutting him or anything, but the tradition started long ago.

badger
7/29/2011, 05:51 PM
From the chat:

Which one of you will win the Heisman and why?
Ryan Broyles: Both of us.
Landry Jones: It's going to be co-Heismans.

SoonerofAlabama
7/29/2011, 05:53 PM
From the chat:

Already my sig. :D

StoopTroup
7/29/2011, 07:13 PM
Right now Landry is Destroying Stoops with a Massive 540 and 900 on the BMX Verticals at X17.

Freaking awesome!

Lott's Bandana
7/29/2011, 10:26 PM
You are not implying that previous era's didn't produce fine representatives are you? I seem to recall national political figures, well spoken journalists, honorable businessmen and fine individuals such as our own Sammy B's dad having graduated long before Joe C came along.

Not cutting him or anything, but the tradition started long ago.

Not implying that at all.

My list is made up of active or very recent ambassadors.

We have had some great Sooners, yes... Steve Davis, Bart Connor, Wayman, J.C, etc.

It just seems we are on a string of class acts right now, a concentration of class.

BoomerJ
7/30/2011, 10:54 PM
So proud of these young men. Can't wait to get the season started.

OK2U
7/30/2011, 10:57 PM
anyone find a link to the CFL interview video *(w/ Erin Andrews)? I cant find it nowheres.
thank in advance, nerds.

SoonerofAlabama
7/30/2011, 11:11 PM
anyone find a link to the CFL interview video *(w/ Erin Andrews)? I cant find it nowheres.
thank in advance, nerds.

Sorry. All I could find.

hwr8INkTa4s&feature=channel_video_title

OK2U
7/31/2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks, Ive seen that ONE.
For some reason they don't post CFL episodes or even video cutups online. So weird that it's easier to find peep-hole video footage of Erin Andrews ironing in the nude than it is to find a highly publicized interview w/ two heisman hopefuls on ESPN -- one the country's most-watched cable networks.
LAME