PDA

View Full Version : Ou-Texas Tickets?

East Coast Bias
7/26/2011, 08:02 PM
I have never been to an Ou-Texas game and plan to take my wife and son this year. Only tickets I have seen are on-line at about $400. Does that seem right? And which side of the stadium is the Ou side?-

olevetonahill
7/26/2011, 08:18 PM
The last Ou/saxet game i went to, I took my wife, we lost. I divorced that bitch.;)

yermom
7/26/2011, 08:39 PM
depending on how picky you are about where you sit, you can find cheaper than $400 most likely

places like eBay and stubhub have to get their cut

htownsooner7
7/26/2011, 08:55 PM
We are south side, the side of the tunnel. You can normally find a pair for about 500, but you will be in upper deck. This year they should be cheaper because the demand shouldn't be as high but only time will tell on that.

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 09:25 PM
Traditionally we have the south end (the stadium is split on the 50 yard line). In 2006 Texas claimed we had an unfair advantage having the tunnel the teams come out of on our end. So the rule was changed that the home team gets to pick which end, North or South their fans will occupy. The North missing the tunnel has more seats than the South End does.

Even though Texas got their way in having a choice they still chose the North in 2007. Which confirmed what the Sooners have believed all along. That Texas and it's fans are crybaby b!tches.

OU is the home team on even years, Texas on odd ones. Which is also fitting. Texas will be the home team this year.

Texas fans may not travel as well if they continue to suck this year but this game is played early enough that it will be hard to tell unless they lose to rival Rice.

I would expect to pay 250-700 a seat if you have to go to the open market for them. You might find some for less, I wouldn't count on it though. You won't find any $20 dollar tickets at the game in any case.

If this is your first Red River Shootout you might take a few minutes to research the Tunnel and how the players describe it. Both teams come out of the same dark tunnel at the same time and both teams wait together there also. There are some pretty good stories of things happening in the Tunnel.

Norman Sooner
7/26/2011, 09:40 PM
This will be my 20th year to go to OU-texass and I have never once paid more than $150 for a ticket.

Partial Qualifier
7/26/2011, 09:46 PM
I'll say this: seats around the tunnel are generally not great seats for viewing the game. Unless you really like end-zone seats, and considering this is a special treat you're planning ahead of time, i politely suggest you splurge for something at least between the 10 & 30 yard lines

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 10:25 PM
There are some pretty good stories of things happening in the Tunnel.
Yeah, like the UT players getting tobacco spit dumped on them every year by OU fans on the south endzone. Which is why there's a cover to the tunnel now.

theresonly1OU
7/26/2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, like the UT players getting tobacco spit dumped on them every year by OU fans on the south endzone. Which is why there's a cover to the tunnel now.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_trNXEJH1uDA/ST2dtt6sqSI/AAAAAAAAAe4/k3zX4k84BAw/s320/OU+with+Texas+crying+baby

oudavid1
7/26/2011, 11:57 PM

And.........?

MamaMia
7/27/2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, like the UT players getting tobacco spit dumped on them every year by OU fans on the south endzone. Which is why there's a cover to the tunnel now. That never happened. There was an article in the Dallas News about the accusation of ice and misc. being dumped on players. The reporter reviewed several members of security who have worked that game for many years. They said the accusation was unsubstantiated. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
7/27/2011, 01:18 AM
$400 on the OU Side ain't bad depending on where they are...

If they are anywhere on the Texas side....why pay that much for a seat you can probably get for free at Halftime.

yermom
7/27/2011, 02:54 AM
I'll say this: seats around the tunnel are generally not great seats for viewing the game. Unless you really like end-zone seats, and considering this is a special treat you're planning ahead of time, i politely suggest you splurge for something at least between the 10 & 30 yard lines

this.

IndySooner
7/27/2011, 07:21 AM

I had seats right above the tunnel last year and I didn't hate them. You're pretty far from the field, but the view was good. Of course, I was above the tunnel, so my sight lines were clear because of that and maybe that made a difference.

PrideMom
7/27/2011, 07:48 AM
Just being inside the stadium is what is important. My husband and I went one year (back in the 70's) without tickets, and could NOT find any tickets for sale, so we were outside with our radio and listening to the roar from the stadium. Luckily, a Texas fan and his wife came up to us after the first quarter, and sold us his tickets at regular price because she was sick. We had to sit on the Texas side, but OU won anyway!

But we vowed NEVER to go without tickets. By the way, the Texas fans are the rudest of all.

OUVarsityXV
7/27/2011, 08:29 AM
It depends on where you want to sit. I don't pay more than $150.

badger
7/27/2011, 09:52 AM
Wait a little bit. Texas has a semi-tough non-conference schedule and if they drop an early game, they drop tickets big time. If you are adverse to sitting on the Texas side, you can probably trade with Texas fans on the OU side once you're inside.

Also, once student tickets are distributed, you can usually find dirt poor students willing to part with tickets in exchange for textbook and rent money :)

GOOD ADVICE: Don't scalp for tickets down in Dallas on gameday.

spatton713
7/27/2011, 11:49 AM
i live in fort worth and have been the last 4 years....got mine outside fair park everytime $200 a pop in 2008 was the most i paid, last year got 2 tickets for $150

MamaMia
7/27/2011, 11:56 AM
You have to be careful buying tickets outside the gate because ticket scalping is illegal in Dallas.

nighttrain12
7/27/2011, 06:21 PM
You have to be careful buying tickets outside the gate because ticket scalping is illegal in Dallas.

It's not illegal to buy them is it? What's the risk for the buyer?

Sooner_Tuf
7/27/2011, 06:41 PM

No Her I said inside the tunnel not outside the tunnel.

Besides I don't think that was tobacco spit. I think it was baby sh!t or maybe it was just your school colors. I can't tell the difference.

Herr Scholz
7/27/2011, 08:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_trNXEJH1uDA/ST2dtt6sqSI/AAAAAAAAAe4/k3zX4k84BAw/s320/OU+with+Texas+crying+baby

You'd enjoy that? You think UT should put up with that every year?

47straight
7/28/2011, 05:31 PM
You'd enjoy that? You think UT should put up with that every year?

I'll file tobacco-spitting OU fans right up there with any number of lies, exaggerations, or other piles of horse **** that you spew on here.

nativesooner
7/29/2011, 11:08 AM
I've already seen a bunch on ebay on the Tex side. You can probably get some cheap from them if you don't mind sitting on their side. You can probably get some on the OU side for $400 - $500 a pair

boomersooner001
7/29/2011, 12:54 PM
How many here have successfully given the young gate attendant $20 - $30 bucks to get in the stadium? I've heard this can be done every year, but I haven't met anyone personally that has done it.

I'm thinking about trying it.

SoonerBacker
7/29/2011, 01:09 PM
That never happened. There was an article in the Dallas News about the accusation of ice and misc. being dumped on players. The reporter reviewed several members of security who have worked that game for many years. They said the accusation was unsubstantiated. :rolleyes:

Got to love how Herr just ignores this. He (and his fellow * whiners) just keep repeating the myth in the hopes that if they tell the lie often enough, people will believe it!

And Herr, let's assume for a minute that it DID happen at one time. The point is that the ramp is now COVERED and tarps are raised on the sides of the ramp as the Whorns enter the field. They DON'T have to "put up with that" every year anymore...IF they ever did! So why cry aboput changing the ends of the stadium now? Quit Your Whining!

oudavid1
7/29/2011, 01:18 PM
How many here have successfully given the young gate attendant $20 - $30 bucks to get in the stadium? I've heard this can be done every year, but I haven't met anyone personally that has done it.

I'm thinking about trying it.

I know someone who personally did it, if your really desperate i would try it. But i would risk gettting in trouble during the 4th quarter and being stuck at the fair. That game is always worth the price of admission.

Herr Scholz
7/29/2011, 02:53 PM
I'll file tobacco-spitting OU fans right up there with any number of lies, exaggerations, or other piles of horse **** that you spew on here.

Came from our players. Believe what you want.

Herr Scholz
7/29/2011, 02:55 PM
And Herr, let's assume for a minute that it DID happen at one time. The point is that the ramp is now COVERED and tarps are raised on the sides of the ramp as the Whorns enter the field. They DON'T have to "put up with that" every year anymore...IF they ever did! So why cry aboput changing the ends of the stadium now? Quit Your Whining!

It is covered and for good reason. And nobody wants to change endzones. That threat was simply if the cover went away.

nighttrain12
7/29/2011, 07:10 PM
What are the best places to buy these tickets online?

StoopTroup
7/29/2011, 07:16 PM
Came from our players. Believe what you want.

The 5-7 Players?