PDA

View Full Version : lasik

stevo
7/26/2011, 02:24 PM
anyone had this done?

tell me about it.

worth it? you miss fumbling for glasses in the morning? recommended opthamologist in the greater OKC area?

your cooperation is appreciated and will be rewarded in the afterlife

JDMT
7/26/2011, 02:24 PM
I'll do it.

OUDoc
7/26/2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, someone has had it done.

I hope that helps.

tator
7/26/2011, 02:27 PM
I want to have it done. That's pretty much all I know about it.

sappstuf
7/26/2011, 02:27 PM
I had PRK done about 45 days ago. 20/15 in the left eye and 20/20 in the right..

Awesome.

dynersooner
7/26/2011, 02:30 PM
id save up your money for new boobies. no one would even notice your lazy eye, after that.

ywia.

Jammin'
7/26/2011, 02:30 PM
I was I had it done. Would you still occasionally wear fake glasses if you had perfect eyes?

stevo
7/26/2011, 02:38 PM
I'll do it.

you'll pay for it? awesome.

Yes, someone has had it done.

I hope that helps.

thanks. your prize is in the mail. please give 5 - 7 weeks for delivery

id save up your money for new boobies. no one would even notice your lazy eye, after that.

ywia.

true. big boobs would make my life much easier. everyone can go home now, thanks

I was I had it done. Would you still occasionally wear fake glasses if you had perfect eyes?

no, i'd place mine under the back tire of my car and be done with it

The
7/26/2011, 02:41 PM
You'll end up like this:
http://www.theblacklaser.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/eventhor1.jpg

KsSooner
7/26/2011, 02:50 PM
Had it done about 8 years ago. Was extremely near sighted with really bad astigmatism that was corrected to 20/20 in left and 20/20ish in right but still have a little astigmatism in that eye. If I had to do it all over again I would with absolutely no hesitation.

For me it was a life changing experience after wearing glasses/contacts for over 35 years.

Can't help with Dr. in OKC...

Howzit
7/26/2011, 02:58 PM
Here is an OKC Dr recommendation (http://www.paulsilversteinmd.com/html/breast-overview.html).

Jammin'
7/26/2011, 02:59 PM
Here is an OKC Dr recommendation (http://www.paulsilversteinmd.com/html/breast-overview.html).

Ohhhh stevo, you and DIB can go together. From this site:

Male Breast Reduction
Overly large breasts can cause embarrassment and self-esteem problems for males of all ages. Dr. Paul Silverstein offers male breast reduction to these individuals in order to remove excess breast tissue and create a more masculine contour. For more information about this procedure, we invite you to schedule a confidential consultation with our plastic surgeon.

WichitaSooner
7/26/2011, 03:09 PM
I had it done about 3 years ago... best decision I've ever made in my life.

I used TLC in OKC... got the lifetime "warranty" option plus the full laser treatment (for the incision AND the correction).

My vision is so good now I actually take it for granted. Now, I am starting to get a little farsided, but that's part of the deal. And I'd much rather deal with that than what I had before.

KantoSooner
7/26/2011, 03:13 PM
Two questions:

1. Do you have to get it redone every few years?

2. If you rub your eyes, do the fronts of eyeballs run the risk of coming off?

Dumb questions? Yes! Do I still want answers? Yes!!

And really, for medical advice, who better to come to than a college sports chat board?

WichitaSooner
7/26/2011, 03:18 PM
Two questions:

And really, for medical advice, who better to come to than a college sports chat board?

You shouldn't have to have it redone... but I got the lifetime warranty option from TLC so IF IT EVER DOES need to be done again, they get to pay for it.

And, for two weeks after you can't touch your eyes and you have to sleep on your back with special covers on your eyes so you don't do something to move the flap... after the 2 weeks, no issues at all with it.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:25 PM
my wife got crystal lens from Dr. Tylock in irving. she's VERY happy with them.

Midtowner
7/26/2011, 03:26 PM
From what I've been told, some eye problems (e.g., astigmatism) have to be treated with monovision, i.e., that one eye is corrected for nearsightedness and one for farsightedness. So long as that's the case, I'm sticking with the specs.

sappstuf
7/26/2011, 03:30 PM
Two questions:

With Lasik, there is always a chance of the flap becoming dislodged..

PRK there is no flap.. But it has a longer and more painful recovery.

Romulus
7/26/2011, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure I want to get rid of my glasses

Adrian
7/26/2011, 03:55 PM
The Sports Animal, including the aptly named "Lump" recommend Dr. John Belardo:

http://drbelardo.com/

dynersooner
7/26/2011, 03:56 PM
Male Breast Reduction
Overly large breasts can cause embarrassment and self-esteem problems for males of all ages. Dr. Paul Silverstein offers male breast reduction to these individuals in order to remove excess breast tissue and create a more masculine contour. For more information about this procedure, we invite you to schedule a confidential consultation with our plastic surgeon.

I had it done about 3 years ago... best decision I've ever made in my life.

I used TLC in OKC... got the lifetime "warranty" option plus the full laser treatment (for the incision AND the correction).

Did you go from a DD to a C or B?

Im asking for Alde...

Romulus
7/26/2011, 04:46 PM

Dr Berlardo lives in my neighborhood and occassionally I see him riding his bike. I don't think he knows he is riding a girls bike.

stevo
7/26/2011, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure I want to get rid of my glasses

please don't

ahhhh i forgot to ask lump!

Adrian
7/26/2011, 04:57 PM
Dr Berlardo lives in my neighborhood and occassionally I see him riding his bike. I don't think he knows he is riding a girls bike.

How short, er, how tall is he?

C&CDean
7/26/2011, 05:58 PM
It's been about 10 years. Best decision I ever made. I haven't been back to an eye doctor since, and I can see like a muh****ah. You will not be disappointed. Do it.

Serenity Now
7/26/2011, 07:10 PM
I had it about 10 years ago. No problems. Wife also. Goldberg in tulsa. Our insurance covered it all.

Atavan was my friend for a day. :)

They say opthalmologists don't do it much like back surgeons don't get spinal surgery. But, worked good for me.

Mjcpr
7/26/2011, 07:13 PM
Tiger got his done in Tulsa so suck on that.

Mjcpr
7/26/2011, 07:16 PM
Well maybe not IN Tulsa but there is a TLC Laser Eye Center here and that's who did his.

So there.

fadada1
7/26/2011, 07:55 PM
going on 5 years now - best invention EVAR. got the lifetime touchups, and have no anxiety about going back if i need. maybe 20 total seconds of discomfort (not pain) - totally worth it.

shouldn't have any trouble if you're a regular contact wearer. little bit of an odd feeling wanting/trying to blink, but no worries.

totally worth not having to wear contacts/glasses. my last pair of glasses has totally disappeared.

GottaHavePride
7/26/2011, 10:31 PM
My question about this: what do you see during the procedure? Because if I have to sit there watching **** coming at my eyeballs, that might freak me out a bit.

87sooner
7/26/2011, 10:58 PM
my wife had it done 8 years ago..
she says it was life changing...for the better of course..

StoopTroup
7/26/2011, 11:12 PM
If your a Thoroughbred first time Lasik with a Jockey with a good winning record and you have decent odds (8-1) I'll put $40 on ya to win.

OutlandTrophy
7/27/2011, 12:26 AM
If your a Thoroughbred first time Lasik with a Jockey with a good winning record and you have decent odds (8-1) I'll put $40 on ya to win.

heh, that's lasix.

C&CDean
7/27/2011, 07:54 AM
My question about this: what do you see during the procedure? Because if I have to sit there watching **** coming at my eyeballs, that might freak me out a bit.

When I had mine there was a little red light/dot they told you to stare at. They said "for a second or two you won't be able to see it, then you will again." Sure enough, when they cut the flap the light went out, when they replaced it back the light went on. Zero pain. The whole thing (both eyes) might have taken 2-3 minutes. No pain, no real discomfort. The biggest pain in the *** was having to keep your eyes closed for two hours afterward.

I'll never forget, momma was driving me home from Ft. Worth (back in the day, you couldn't get it in OKC or not very many places) and after 2 hours I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the sign for Ardmore. I go "there's the Ardmore sign" and momma goes "where?" I said "right there." It was still too far away for her to see it. I was reading license numbers, bumper stickers, road signs, etc. **** I hadn't seen in years. The next morning when I woke up I could see the alarm clock clear as a bell. Still can.

KantoSooner
7/27/2011, 09:02 AM
It would be very nice to see a woman's face up close without glasses. And not just a 'fleshtone blur'.
Yes, I'm THAT nearsighted.

C&CDean
7/27/2011, 09:03 AM
It would be very nice to see a woman's face up close without glasses. And not just a 'fleshtone blur'.
Yes, I'm THAT nearsighted.

Could be an advantage if momma is ugly.

stevo
7/27/2011, 09:17 AM

listen, according to jk, I am "attractive to a degree with a tiny bit of a horse face." get your sh*t straight

fadada1
7/27/2011, 10:13 AM

understand your anxiety, but here's the deal. YOU ARE GOING TO SEE **** COMING AT YOUR EYEBALL. no way around it. the hardest part is when they make the "flap". i chose to say "make" because "cut" sounds scary. i had them make the cut with the lazer, as it is a cleaner cut (more expensive at the time). When they hit you with the lasik lazer, it's just like looking at a blinking light - no real discomfort or issue.

again, if you're a regular contact user, should be a piece of cake.

JDMT
7/27/2011, 10:28 AM
listen, according to jk, I am "attractive to a degree with a tiny bit of a horse face." get your sh*t straight

Meh, i'd do ya?

sappstuf
7/27/2011, 10:35 AM
With PRK, they scrub your eye first.. Then wipe it clean, you look up at a light and they tell you to focus on it. You hear the laser noise, (not quite Star Wars lasers, but you can hear it) and as it went on, my vision got blurrier. After I could blink, it became clearer. As lwith asix, for both eyes, it probably took a total of 2 minutes.

With PRK, your vision will get worse over the next 2-3 days and then start to improve. It is more uncomfortable and has a longer recovery time.. But cheaper.. And in the end the results are the same. With lasix, you do have the flap that can dislodge, but it is rare. No flap in PRK.

Romulus
7/27/2011, 10:36 AM
you'd do Amy Winehouse

Thaumaturge
7/27/2011, 10:39 AM
Would I still be allowed to flip my eyelids inside-out to gross out girls during recess?

JDMT
7/27/2011, 10:47 AM
you'd do Amy Winehouse

Meh? Dead or alive?

Romulus
7/27/2011, 11:04 AM
both

DIB
7/27/2011, 11:11 AM
Meh, i'd do ya?

Dammit. Who typed a question mark on the Teleprompter?

dynersooner
7/27/2011, 03:17 PM

Now the race is on
and here comes pride in the backstretch
Heartaches goin' to the inside
My tears are holdin' back
They're tryin' not to fall
My heart's out of the runnin'
True love's scratched for another's sake
The race is on and it looks like heartaches
and the winner loses all

(sawyer brown + thackerville = sweet, sweet love)

texaspokieokie
7/27/2011, 03:22 PM
Now the race is on
and here comes pride in the backstretch
Heartaches goin' to the inside
My tears are holdin' back
They're tryin' not to fall
My heart's out of the runnin'
True love's scratched for another's sake
The race is on and it looks like heartaches
and the winner loses all

(sawyer brown + thackerville = sweet, sweet love)

Jack & George Jones did a good job (not together) on that.

C&CDean
7/27/2011, 03:26 PM
Willie Nelson?