PDA

View Full Version : Mossis Madu picked up by the Buccaneers!

Sooner in Tampa
7/26/2011, 11:37 AM
Into the wee hours of the morning Bucs rock star general manager and his minions continued to gather up undrafted free agents and another player that caught Joe’s eye was a running back from Oklahoma, Mossis Madu, per the Twitter feed of NFLDraftInsider (http://twitter.com/#!/NFLDraftInsider), who was keeping a running log of undrafted free agents.

Looking at his numbers, Madu seemed to peak as an underclassman but that was partially because he switched positions in the backfield and sort of struggled. Why would he switch positions if he was any good? Well, the Sooners had some tailback named DeMarco Murray on the roster.

The NFL is littered with quality players who were buried on a college depth chart because the guy ahead of them was an All-American. In fact, Joe remembers a quarterback who won a Super Bowl for the Bucs who once was buried on the bench at Florida State.

As far as the undrafted free agents who have agreed to terms with the Bucs, Madu piques Joe’s interest the most.

mushu405
7/26/2011, 12:02 PM
SWEET!! HE WILL DO GREAT AND HAVE A GREAT TEAMMATE!!!!

Boomer.....
7/26/2011, 01:06 PM
That's allsome!

ouleaf
7/26/2011, 01:07 PM
Hope it works out for him....Will be tough to make the roster, but hopefully he can make a good impression to at least sign a practice squad deal somewhere.

Sooner in Tampa
7/26/2011, 01:20 PM
Hope it works out for him....Will be tough to make the roster, but hopefully he can make a good impression to at least sign a practice squad deal somewhere.

He will have every opportunity to excel for the Bucs...right now, it's Blount's job, with help form Earnest Graham and maybe Cadillac Williams...rumor has it that the Bucs are going to part ways with Williams.

Here's to hoping another Sooner makes our squad.

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 01:30 PM
Tha makes three Sooners for the Bucs right? Gerald, Mosis and Jimmy?

soonerloyal
I'm really excited for Junior. Here's to a long, happy career with the Bucs!

Mad Dog Madsen

Sooner in Tampa
7/26/2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah 3...but it's Gerald, Mosis, and Davin

Mad Dog Madsen
7/26/2011, 01:52 PM

Big Jimmy plays for Nawlin's now...

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 05:50 PM
Madu will do good there. I hope he has a great career. He was a dedicated team mate in Norman.

Soonermagik
7/26/2011, 09:16 PM
The Bucs are my team, so you know I love it. I do agree they will likely part ways with Cadillac.

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 09:23 PM
Good pick-up for them. Just hope he lasts and doesn't get cut when the roster has to go back to normal.

sooneredaco
7/26/2011, 09:43 PM
Great day for OUr boys so far. Another stud from OU getting a shot at the bigs. That's incred

sooners2win
7/26/2011, 11:25 PM
Sweet, I love Madu!

goingoneight
7/26/2011, 11:40 PM
I remember him and Murray getting their first starts against UNT along with Sam Bradford. I thought, there's just no way these freshmen can be that good. Well, I thought wrong. :D