PDA

View Full Version : the national debt discussion

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2011, 11:17 AM
i havent ventured into them

is anything being resolved?

minds being changed?

are the lefties arguing with the righties? or are they agreeing on things?

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 11:18 AM
Bunch of noobs that think discussing politics on the internet is like, a brand new thing.

LET'S ROUND UP THE GANG AND NEG EM'!!!!!!

pphilfran
7/26/2011, 11:18 AM
Sorry, I can't divulge any info since they are all past one page...

soonervegas
7/26/2011, 11:20 AM
take what you have seen on TV from our politicians the past two weeks, reduce the subject knowledge by about 70%, and have them type it....

that's what you are missing.

Barry's_Scowl
7/26/2011, 11:23 AM
I'm done with it. Both parties are screwing us into the ground. This country was bought and paid for long ago, and now it just comes down to the following exchange:

Guy A: I agree with the puppet on the left.

Guy B: The puppet on the left is more to my liking!

Guy A: Everything your puppet says and does it stupid!

Guy B: Your puppet is dangerous and reckless in its policies!

Both puppets are being operated by the same entity. I'm going back to reading about OU football, where things make sense.

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 11:26 AM
I'm done with it. Both parties are screwing us into the ground. This country was bought and paid for long ago, and now it just comes down to the following exchange:

Guy A: I agree with the puppet on the left.

Guy B: The puppet on the left is more to my liking!

Guy A: Everything your puppet says and does it stupid!

Guy B: Your puppet is dangerous and reckless in its policies!

Both puppets are being operated by the same entity. I'm going back to reading about OU football, where things make sense.

Some noobs learn quicker than others.

Barry's_Scowl
7/26/2011, 11:52 AM
Some noobs learn quicker than others.

At what post count can I move up from "noob" to the next step up, like "maggot" or "puke"?

Back on topic: I honestly don't care at this point what happens with the politics of that whole situation, as long as nothing affects interest rates drastically in the next 2-3 months. I'm trying to build and purchase my first home, and don't want to get boned by the big red, white, & blue weenie before I'm able to lock in a decent rate.

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2011, 11:58 AM
At what post count can I move up from "noob" to the next step up, like "maggot" or "puke"?

first you have to affirm for us whether you're a worthy sooner fan

your opinions are normally not valid until you've been here for a year and have 1000 posts under your belt

you could post a cure for AIDS at post 597 and we would......not.......give...... a damn

Barry's_Scowl
7/26/2011, 12:01 PM

your opinions are normally not valid until you've been here for a year and have 1000 posts under your belt

you could post a cure for AIDS at post 597 and we would......not.......give...... a damn

Fair enough. AIDS vaccine stays in my hip pocket for a while.

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2011, 12:04 PM
i think if you join one of the posse's - you can release it early - say around 750

TitoMorelli
7/26/2011, 12:04 PM

Back on topic: I honestly don't care at this point what happens with the politics of that whole situation, as long as nothing affects interest rates drastically in the next 2-3 months. I'm trying to build and purchase my first home, and don't want to get boned by the big red, white, & blue weenie before I'm able to lock in a decent rate.

Lots of us are noobs (newbies, relatively new) on here. Our presence has been like cyber-CPR to a once-dying board.:D

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 12:32 PM
There is an accelerated "preferred new poster program" that is offered to exceptional and promising young noobs. However, it is not for the weak-minded or the weak-bladdered. If you can complete the following assortment of tasks and questions your application will be adorned with gold stars and stickers offering generic, half-assed praise.

1. We will need measurements and a detailed description of your hands. Do not ask why.

2. Do you support or oppose the posse? Don't be alarmed if you're not sure what the posse is, the rest of us don't really know for sure either.

3. You will have to demonstrate that you can correctly embed a youtube video. We love our youtube videos here. We especially love it when posters embed two dozen youtube videos in a row. We think it is hilarious. Do not ask why.

4. If you're black or a woman, you better damn well be ready to prove it. We are almost exclusively paranoid white men here. Do not ask why.

5. Memorize this, word for word:

I think he was onto something but he unfortunately seemed to be so damned Apocalyptic that our Country is doomed. That IMO isn't necessarily an impossibility but given the reason people left Europe for America and the fight they did to make sure they weren't ruled by Kings and Queens they fought to keep that from happening and those that were Loyal to England went Home. The ones that stayed....they made use of the opportunity.

It's the Opportunity that is what made this a great Country.

It's not going to be ruined for taking care of the poor....it will be ruined by not standing up to the folks who make us slaves and make us feel as we must answer to them and that we are here to make them Great.

In School, The Sleeping Giant was who the Rich and Wealthy were the most afraid of. IMO, The Sleeping Giant was awakened 9-11-2001. The things that happened after that was to make sure the Giant was fed. The Giant demanded Blood! It demanded the people who demolished those planes, the WTC and the Pentagon be found and brought swift justice. DEAD OR ALIVE ! ! ! Anyone who opposed it were unpatriotic Traitors!

We attacked the Taliban...we missed OBL by a few seconds and he disappeared. We had information that they were being supported by outside entities and we went looking for the folks who could possibly take this very lucky attack on American Soil to an even larger scale via the use of WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. As luck would have it this guy that had badgered George H. Bush to ask Congress to use our Military to stop Saddam Hussein's genocidal attack on Kuwait....his Son was our President when 9-11-01 took place and he was able to also convince that we should again take our Military into Iraq and assure the American People as well as the World that the UN Investigators had not been bought off or tricked to report that Iraq was free of WMDs.

We quickly took out the World's 4th largest Army and captured SH and allowed his own people to bring him to justice. We were wrong and the UN Investigators had done a good job and there were no WMDs.

Instead of going Home....we decided to stay and help make sure Freedom and Democracy were what the Iraqis People could use to rebuild their Country and we helped them protect the millions of opportunists and imprison Terrorists that flooded Iraq for Opportunities for themselves.

We helped rebuild the infrastructure we helped to destroy and then helped to cap all the oil wells that were set afire.

All the while OBL continued to allude us.

We re-elected President Bush and he continued to lead America deeper and deeper into helping the people in the Middle East that had allowed the extremists that attacked our Country to flourish in the Middle East. Why? I have no idea.

Now....2008 and the Democrats ran a campaign with a Candidate who promised to end all of this and bring OBL to justice. As he entered into the office of the Presidency people began to lose jobs and Businesses seemed to feel they must circle their wagons and protect themselves from a weak President who had been walked into a dark alley and told America's ATMs were about to be unable to spit out anymore money. Why? I'd imagine just as Oil prices increased do to speculation...everything else went into the crapper as even though the American People wanted change....Businesses and the Wealthy felt threatened. They laid people off and circled the Wagons. The funniest thing was....when a business lowers their risk they become a good solid bet in the Stock market. The markets have done well since the Banks and huge Corporations that required the Gov't bail them out with our tax money. Those Businesses have all seemingly paid back the loans with interest yet Government's uncontrolled spending has continued. Americans watch as billions of their money continue to go overseas to help other Countries and into the War Effort. Another Agreement with NATO has been born and even more Military spending in the Libya riots for Freedom and the end of a known supporter of Terrorism has taken place however this time we didn't invade....we went with a George H. Bush Approach and invited other countries to the party. We have avoided any Nation Building and the Hiring of Private entities to support our Military like what happened in the Green Zone in Iraq. The amount of money used so far is a drop in the bucket compared to the last two Wars and seems to be able to achieve positive results without seeking the approval of Congress to declare War on Libya. There is some debate on whether we should be involved in situations of genocide but after WWII we did become a Super Power and after the Cold War our role around the World to help keep Peace has increased so it's even more difficult and complicated than ever before. 9-11-2001 was just one of those moments that define a time when things changed in not only America...but the World. One heck of a time for a new President to try and change the direction of the American Peoples economic Faith and to try and force the Wealthy to trust him to not only try and end the use of Government Money for entitlement by empowering people to go back to work and know that they will have affordable healthcare for their Families but that the healthcare would be administered equally between all Americans. One side cheered and the other again rallied the wagons hoping that failure would put an end to such ideas.

As the stalemate continued....the National Debt of our Country continued to rise and until 2012 it seems destined to be nothing but a political dispute.

Who will win?

The Republicans who were voted out because of the lack of trust?

The sitting president because after the election he loaned money to the rich and wealthy instead of making things easier for Americans thus losing their trust?

Will the Republican who were sent to do something in the 2010 Elections get a bunch of new people to work with again as Old Guard either retire or get beat at the polls like the Democrats did in 2010? Will the majorities stay the same or will they change again because the Republicans failed to really understand why they were sent?

Come August 2nd, 2011 will they all resolve our financial issues so that we don't continue to be a bunch of idiots who wait for the Political Chicken Fight to expose us to a clear path of what to do when we go to the Polls in 2012? Will it just become a learning process as our Politicians allow it to be a historical Moment that we can watch happen and instead of being scared....we allow the fight to achieve rock bottom and it to be settled there where there is no place to go but up just like in Greece? What kind of political fallout will happen then? Will Americans all be forced to just pay more taxes and live on much less instead of take one side take one for the Team in order to show there are still leaders in our Country? Will that inspire us again to stop the outsourcing of jobs to other Countries? Will it inspire small businesses again? Will Home Ownership start again? Will new Construction begin to increase? Will we end our Wars?

Will people come to Tailgates and they pitch in with beer, liquor, Wine and Food? Will they put money in the tip jars? Will they all watch and celebrate the 2nd MNC of the Bob Stoops Era? Will Mack Brown get fired?

Do not ask why.

If you have any questions, PM soonercruiser. He is our defacto leader, as we consider him the wisest and most well-informed among us.

XingTheRubicon
7/26/2011, 12:33 PM
as far as minds changing, one difference is...

2009:

SO Lib - Bush is a retard, let's see what a guy that can utter a coherent sentence does.

SO Repub - Obama is an in over his head, spread the wealth, retard.

2010:

SO Lib - It's only been a year, remember who started all this. Let's see what happens

2011:

SO Libs - All politicians are scumbags.

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 12:34 PM
Also, you'll probably want to avoid Xing. He is goddamned crazy.

XingTheRubicon
7/26/2011, 12:36 PM
that's not nice

Turd_Ferguson
7/26/2011, 12:39 PM
as far as minds changing, one difference is...

2009:

SO Lib - Bush is a retard, let's see what a guy that can utter a coherent sentence does.

2010:

SO Lib - It's only been a year, remember who started all this. Let's see what happens

2011:

SO Libs - All politicians are scumbags.

/thread before all the pencil necked libs start talking about food or whatever they can think of to distract from this post...

OhU1
7/26/2011, 01:10 PM
Back on topic: I honestly don't care at this point what happens with the politics of that whole situation, as long as nothing affects interest rates drastically in the next 2-3 months.

Yeah, what's going on right now could have a huge impact on that. Default, U.S. credit rating goes down, Boom goes the interests rates.

A default won't happen but it would not be pretty if it does.

tommieharris91
7/26/2011, 01:18 PM

I think this involves wearing jorts and a Jason White jersey to the next game. And crocs.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/26/2011, 01:24 PM
Amanda Drury, presently on CNBC, looks particularly hot today, while they discuss to impact of national debt issues on the markets.

49r
7/26/2011, 02:57 PM

I've been here for like 8 years and I have like 3000 posts and I'm still a noob.

So the cure for AIDS stays in my pocket, and all you mf'ers are just gonna have to deal wit it! :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2011, 03:02 PM
I've been here for like 8 years and I have like 3000 posts and I'm still a noob.

So the cure for AIDS stays in my pocket, and all you mf'ers are just gonna have to deal wit it! :mad:

i think you indirectly defined your own problem

8 years and 3000 posts - do the math noob....thats like 375 posts a year - roughly one a day

horrible horrible contribution

your AIDS cure probably has lethal side effects

mgsooner
7/26/2011, 03:38 PM
From what I have surmised this is the plan from both sides of the aisle:

Step 1: Political grandstanding
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 03:39 PM
From what I have surmised this is the plan from both sides of the aisle:

Step 1: Political grandstanding
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit

Step 2=AIDS.

GrapevineSooner
7/26/2011, 04:05 PM
I'd rather somebody cure stupidity than AIDS.

Who has that cure in their pocket?

My Opinion Matters
7/26/2011, 04:06 PM

49r really wants to show us what's in his pocket. I don't trust him.

49r
7/26/2011, 05:02 PM
49r really wants to show us what's in his pocket. I don't trust him.

I only make 375 posts a year though so I have to keep it in my pocket. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2011, 06:43 PM

nobody posting here

or Dean

however you want to look at it