PDA

View Full Version : Broyles and Jones on the radio

SoonerNomad
7/26/2011, 10:31 AM
I just sat in my car outside work listening to XMRadio with Ryan Broyles and Landry Jones being interviewed by Bill King at the Big 12 media days. Got me pumped for football season. Let's start now.

When King asked Ryan about how the team is getting mentally prepared for the early big road game at Florida State he made it clear it won't be about who Oklahoma is playing, but it will be about how OU plays that will make the difference. This team will control its own destiny according to Broyles. Very confident. Very intelligent.

Jones was good as well. Apparently King had talked to Coach Stoops earlier and will be talking to Travis Lewis next (I had to come in to work since I have court in two minutes). I will download the podcast off itunes and listen to all of it.

BoomerJ
7/26/2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks. Would like to check that out.

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 10:38 AM
All I want in this world is number 8. I will be happy for another 11 years please just let me have this one.

rekamrettuB
7/26/2011, 10:44 AM
And they thank you for your support.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Bartles_%26_Jaymes_original_flavor.jpg

delhalew
7/26/2011, 10:47 AM
Stoops was good. Nothing ground breaking, just Stoops in a good mood:D

Lewis said staying at OU was an easy decision, he loves it too much to leave. He has three rings, and is looking to add to his collection.

Addressing FSU, he said since the Noles left Norman, they have done a lot of talking. We aren't talking. We don't care were we play, or what jersey we wear, it's still a football field, and we will play Oklahoma football. Good stuff.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/26/2011, 10:47 AM
All I want in this world is number 8. I will be happy for another 11 years please just let me have this one.

THIS.

SoonerNomad
7/26/2011, 10:54 AM
While I pine for #8 just like the rest of you, I do continue to keep the Coach Stoops era in perspective compared to the years before he arrived. Win or lose another national title, I love that this team is in the championship conversation every year and that they have the talent and coaching on hand to compete for conference and national superiority. Even if #8 doesn't come for another 11 years I can live with every year having a dog in the fight. (maybe that is too long - if they don't win this year we will be loaded for bear in 2012).

1998 is still a fresh scar to my psyche. Everything since Coach Stoops arrived has been better.

KantoSooner
7/26/2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, Nomad, it is a return to the Switzer era of confident domination. I can remember the mid-1980's when you'd go to Owen Field not expecting to witness a beatdown of an opponent, but more concerned with the style points. Would the opponent cross mid-field? Before halftime?
God, what beautiful days of blase arrogance!

Barry's_Scowl
7/26/2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, Nomad, it is a return to the Switzer era of confident domination. I can remember the mid-1980's when you'd go to Owen Field not expecting to witness a beatdown of an opponent, but more concerned with the style points. Would the opponent cross mid-field? Before halftime?
God, what beautiful days of blase arrogance!

"There isn't a man in that locker room over there who thinks he can beat us."