PDA

View Full Version : O-state O-line?

achiro
7/26/2011, 10:02 AM
I heard Weeden on the Animal yesterday say he was only sacked 8 times last year. I guess I didn't really realize that. So a couple of questions. I thought last year they had a bunch of new guys starting in those positions? So was the lack of sacks, because of the line or because of Holgorsen's offense? What about the line this year, same guys or new?

Boomer.....
7/26/2011, 10:05 AM
Both. They do have a very good O-line but the quick throw offense helps the numbers look better.

rekamrettuB
7/26/2011, 10:32 AM
Quick passes plus the fact he could just launch one up to ol' what's his name when he was under pressure. :D

NormanPride
7/26/2011, 10:40 AM
Who cares? Even our sub-par pass rush got to them enough to force a bunch of turnovers. They played patsies all year.

achiro
7/26/2011, 10:44 AM
Who cares? Even our sub-par pass rush got to them enough to force a bunch of turnovers. They played patsies all year.

I care, that's why I asked.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 11:00 AM

they have a good line, & i think they're all coming back.

OSUAggie
7/26/2011, 11:37 AM
Oline is good/very good. Not dominating, however.

Nick Martinez (LT) went out during the OU game last year, and Wickline shuffled the OL around to try to hide that loss. Levy Adcock moved to LT, and Anthony Morgan, I think, slid in at guard, moving one of the guards out to RT. Can't remember what all happened, but the continuity was lost and you guys were able to get even more pressure on Weeden.

Everyone is back this year, but Martinez will have a battle with JUCO Michael Bowie at LT. Bowie has an NFL body and we originally signed him out of Sand Springs. Martinez is built more like a guard, but he's probably a 7/10 at LT. Adcock will be a relatively high draft pick and has the frame to be a productive NFL tackle.

Rush and Taylor are solid at guard. Wickline thinks Garner is the most underrated center in the conference, though I don't really see that much out of him. But Wickline knows his **** and I don't, so whatever.

We've had problems blowing people off the ball, which has led to relatively poor production inside the 10 and caused us to struggle a bit in 3rd and short. Solid zone blocking line, very good pass-protecting line, but we don't have the ability to line it up and run down your throat. Good blockers, just not overly powerful.

ouwasp
7/26/2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I was impressed w/ the poke o-line, esp since they were mostly new. Weren't both tackles rookies? At OU, so many new bodies on the o-line usually = dismal production/injured qbs. :rolleyes:

This must have been some more of T Boone's black magic. :mad: Surely they're due a sophomore slump...:P

soonerstan56
7/26/2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks OSUAggie,very good overview.Also realistic and objective,not what I'm used to hearing from O-State fans.

Stan

Boomer.....
7/26/2011, 11:55 AM
OSUAggie has always been a solid poster.

(Notice how he stays green. :D)

badger
7/26/2011, 11:57 AM
The truth about Brandon Weeden

Classification: Due to the fact that Gundy is a fool and played him one game in a season and three games in another, he will only have two full years of being OSU's quarterback, provided that Gundy actually gives him significant playing time his senior year this year.
Important stats: 13 interceptions, 1 fumble in victory formation.

The o-line is gonna have to really, REALLY be good to make up for the fact that Weeden has no really experienced backup behind him. It seriously sucks for you guys that Old Man Weeden had two seasons of eligibility burned for hardly anything.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 12:00 PM
weeden is a good qb, but would kill badge to admit it.

badger
7/26/2011, 12:05 PM

:D very true.

I need to really nit pick to find stuff wrong with him, but I am giving it the good ol' college try :D

picasso
7/26/2011, 12:07 PM
I heard Weeden on the Animal yesterday say he was only sacked 8 times last year. I guess I didn't really realize that. So a couple of questions. I thought last year they had a bunch of new guys starting in those positions? So was the lack of sacks, because of the line or because of Holgorsen's offense? What about the line this year, same guys or new?

He showed against us that with some pressure he throws terrible passes. And he looks to the bench when someone actually tackles him.

He's just a sophomore anyway, the hell does he know?

PalmBeachSooner
7/26/2011, 01:29 PM

It's more likely sexual tension manifesting itself as indifference.

badger
7/26/2011, 01:40 PM
It's more likely sexual tension manifesting itself as indifference.

:rolleyes: I prefer Sooner men. But not any of you, because I'm already married to one.

Old Man Weeden might as well be a sophomore, as he only played in a grand total of four games in his first two years of eligibility.

I really think Weedie will get exposed if Blackmon runs into any issues again. Not just DUI's from little off-day excursions to visit Dez Dez in Big D, but also double-teams (since he's the top receiver now and all to everyone except us Broyles fans) and other issues with defenses focusing on him more now. He came out from behind Dez's shadow last season. Now, he's got nowhere to hide.

Btw, very thankful that Ryan chose OU. I think OSU might have actually mustered a win against us one of these years if they had Dez, Blackmon and Broyles all lined up zig zagging around defenses. Hell, T Boner might finally have his elusive Big 12 title by now!

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:04 PM
cowboys had a good qb in weedie's 1st 2 yrs. ZR was multi-talented.
:)

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:04 PM
:D very true.

I need to really nit pick to find stuff wrong with him, but I am giving it the good ol' college try :D

and doing an excellent jorb !!!!:D :D

badger
7/26/2011, 03:15 PM
cowboys had a good qb in weedie's 1st 2 yrs. ZR was multi-talented.
:)

Gundy clearly misjudged Weeden's talent. He was third stringing the old geezer behind Alex Cate when Zac Robinson went down for that nationally televised blackout (oxymoron?) game versus colorado!

Or perhaps... Weeden really does suck but had a good year because he was surrounded by good talent, hmmm?

Either Gundy is incompetent and can't judge talent at his own position, or Weeden is not all he's cracked up to be. Your choice. :stunned:

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:17 PM
weeden won the game in the 2nd half.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:19 PM
gundy has won 20 games in last 2 seasons. (i know, all pushovers).

weeden is good, don't know how good. his age would be a negative factor if he'd spent those yrs playing football. he's relatively fresh.

badger
7/26/2011, 03:22 PM

Yeah. And it was Color effing ado.

(hehe, "color" and "ado" are both words when you separate them by "effing")

gundy has won 20 games in last 2 seasons. (i know, all pushovers).

Agree. Man Gundy is getting far too much credit for this recent winning this, as is, IMHO, Old Man Weeden.

weeden is good, don't know how good. his age would be a negative factor if he'd spent those yrs playing football. he's relatively fresh.

Good? Up for debate. Serviceable? Sure, why not :D

I know Pokes will scream about his stats leading the Big 12 and all, but a good receiver can cover mediocrity well. Remember these two?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ohPe8Xc-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Announcer: Durr hurr hurr, Randy's just going up for a rebound like he's playing basketball. He's playing basketball out there, catching anything thrown remotely his way. Basketball, basketball, basketball, Randy, Randy, Randy.

:mad:

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:29 PM
sour grapes.

picasso
7/26/2011, 03:32 PM

What game? Because I sure as **** didn't see him outplaying Landry in the second half.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:37 PM
What game? Because I sure as **** didn't see him outplaying Landry in the second half.

you need to read more of the thread.
:rolleyes:

picasso
7/26/2011, 03:40 PM
you need to read more of the thread.
:rolleyes:

My bad. But I'll pass on your suggestion.:)

Weeden is a great QB. The Pokes won the lottery the day he walked into Gundy's office.
I still think Landry wins All onference if they vote after the Poke game.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:51 PM
My bad. But I'll pass on your suggestion.:)

Weeden is a great QB. The Pokes won the lottery the day he walked into Gundy's office.

Don't blame you, don't wanna read all those "Badger" posts.

badger
7/26/2011, 03:54 PM
Don't blame you, don't wanna read all those "Badger" posts.

pbbbth.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 03:56 PM
pbbbth.

no comprendo.

OSUAggie
7/26/2011, 04:34 PM
don't know how good.

8.5/10 good. Best we've ever had.

Makes every throw; has decent mobility; doesn't make a ton of mistakes; needs to improve pocket presence, but got a bit better as the 2010 season progressed. Championship-caliber QB.

Gundy should've played his *** down the stretch in '09, after ZR got KNFO by Jamar Wall (or by TJ Ward in the Holiday Bowl ... he really wasn't any good after that hit). The Alex Cate experiment has been blocked from my memory, thus not able to comment on why he might've been listed as 2nd string.

I digress.

Weeden will be lucky to be drafted in 3rd round due to age and the fact that Weinke didn't do ****.

NMSooner'80
7/26/2011, 04:54 PM

What he said!

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but this reminded me SO much of the shafting that Billy Sims got in his senior year. He should have won the Heisman in '79 also, but Golden Boy Charles White had received tons of early votes. So Billy took it out on Mizzou (282 yards, there) and Nebraska (247 yards on Senior Day).

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 05:17 PM
So are you Sooners worried about the game in Stillwater at all? Mildly concerned?

picasso
7/26/2011, 05:20 PM
So are you Sooners worried about the game in Stillwater at all? Mildly concerned?

By Thanksgiving we should be. But I have a feeling things are going to go bad for the Pokes this year.

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 05:23 PM
By Thanksgiving we should be. But I have a feeling things are going to go bad for the Pokes this year.

Holgorsen leaving? Didn't they lose their RB? Bad D?

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 05:46 PM

They suck but they are about 2.1 x better than the whorns. So no, not worried.

badger
7/26/2011, 05:51 PM

I expect to win, probably by a 5-7 point margin at least.

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 05:56 PM
So what's the take on their team? You think they're better than the Aggies? Weeden and Blackmon are certainly very good. Still iffy D?

Quik Sand
7/26/2011, 06:11 PM
I expect to win, probably by a 5-7 point margin at least.Hahahah

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 06:41 PM
Nobody can give me a straight up answer on the Pokes?

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 06:43 PM
What do you want to know?

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 06:51 PM
I posed several questions on this page. Wondering about the honest opinion of how good they'll be and why.

BoulderSooner79
7/26/2011, 06:59 PM
OUr game with the Pokes is the last of the regular season, predictions at this point are a crap shoot. But recent history along with returning players infers they will put up a lot of points, but so will their opponents. OU will also light the scoreboard, but should be better on D than the pokes. Your horn D was pretty good last year, but if your O cannot possess the ball any better, OSU will wear out your D and you'll get a repeat whippin.

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 07:08 PM
Wickline is as good of a line coach as there in the conference.

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 07:19 PM
Gracias.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 07:31 PM

They actually allowed 10 sacks last year...but whats two more?

They did have one of the better O-Lines when it came to sacks allowed in 2010. But given their level of competition before big 12 play, I would say they should have had those type of numbers.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 07:42 PM
Holgorsen leaving? Didn't they lose their RB? Bad D?

1. I think we are always somewhat concerned about OSU...used to be it was the only game that mattered in Stoolwater. Now they are somewhat decent of a team.

2. Yes, they lost their RB, but ask any poke fan and they will be just fine there. Then ask them about their defense, they will try to tell you that they will be one of the best, perhaps even the best, defenses in the league...though they are replacing 6 starters and 12 from their two deep.

3. The big 12 better be worried about OSU, they are going to destroy all of this conference. :rolleyes:

Last year OSu was picked to finish 5th in the South. So they exceeded that by a long shot. Now they are going to have a bullseye on their jerseys because a lot of people think OSU will be a top 3 team in the league. So I would not be at all surprised if they lose a few more games this year.

northspeter
7/26/2011, 07:46 PM
so what they only allowed 10 sacks last year... how many times did we pressure weeden??? how many turnovers did we cause??? how many rushing yards did they get on us??? they scored 41 on us... but remember... there was an int. return and a kick return... so as good as there offense was all year... our d slowed them down as much or more than anyone else... and our d will be better this year...

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 07:49 PM
Well, both of you guys beat us last year (OSU in Austin), so we can't talk right now. Was just curious what you guys thought. Thanks.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:22 PM
so what they only allowed 10 sacks last year... how many times did we pressure weeden??? how many turnovers did we cause??? how many rushing yards did they get on us??? they scored 41 on us... but remember... there was an int. return and a kick return... so as good as there offense was all year... our d slowed them down as much or more than anyone else... and our d will be better this year...

To actually expand on your points.

1. Grandpa Weeden averaged 317.91 yards passing leading into the OU game. The lowest of his season was against WSU, 218. OU held him to 257 yards.

2. Blackmon's lowest output (when he played) was against OU. OU held him to 43 yards less than his average. Sure, OSU will say Blackmon had a bum ankle, but he caught 8 passes, which was right at his average (9.25) on the season.

3. Kendall Hunter averaged 119+ yards rushing per game on the season. He rushed for 55 yards against OU. That is 64 yards less than his average. Also marked his lowest output in conference play.

Lets face it, OSU's offense only scored 27 points on OU. All of OU's points came from the offensive side of the ball, no defense or special team scores.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:23 PM
Well, both of you guys beat us last year (OSU in Austin), so we can't talk right now. Was just curious what you guys thought. Thanks.

And both will likely beat Texas again this season.

I just find it amazing that Texas is the only school in the Big 12 that does not have to repeat a road game this coming season.

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2011, 08:26 PM
So what's the take on their team? You think they're better than the Aggies? Weeden and Blackmon are certainly very good. Still iffy D?
IMO, edge A&M, if only due to them actually having a clue on defense. DeRuyter has proven to be a darn good hire, at least to this point. A&M also has a significant schedule advantage in that they get UT, Mizzou, & OSU all at home while OSU is on the road for all 3. The only significant schedule advantage that OSU has is their respective games w/ OU, & until Gundy proves he can beat Stoops, that's a wash, IMO.

As for OU/OSU, they've beaten us 3 times in Stillwater since WWII. I fully expect them to give OU all they want; they always do up there (Stoops has won by double digits there only once). I also fully expect to get out with a hard fought win.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:31 PM
Texas A&M will beat OSU in College Station this year.

Herr Scholz
7/26/2011, 08:31 PM
And both will likely beat Texas again this season.

The OSU game is the swing game in our schedule. We win that one, we might have a decent season.

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 08:36 PM
The OSU game is the swing game in our schedule. We win that one, we might have a decent season.

You might. Much like OU has Sooner Magic, OSU has the Poke Choke. The higher the expectations usually the bigger the fail for them.

CowboyMRW
7/26/2011, 08:36 PM
1. I think we are always somewhat concerned about OSU...used to be it was the only game that mattered in Stoolwater. Now they are somewhat decent of a team.

2. Yes, they lost their RB, but ask any poke fan and they will be just fine there. Then ask them about their defense, they will try to tell you that they will be one of the best, perhaps even the best, defenses in the league...though they are replacing 6 starters and 12 from their two deep.

3. The big 12 better be worried about OSU, they are going to destroy all of this conference.

Last year OSu was picked to finish 5th in the South. So they exceeded that by a long shot. Now they are going to have a bullseye on their jerseys because a lot of people think OSU will be a top 3 team in the league. So I would not be at all surprised if they lose a few more games this year.

I'm glad some people are starting to come around.

And Kendall was a special running back but I think that we will still be decent back there with Sims, Smith, and Randle

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 08:39 PM
Texas A&M will beat OSU in College Station this year.

I think the Aggies will destroy them. OSU did win there the year before last but it was on last minute luck. A&M should be much better this year.

I haven't heard if Blackmon's ankle has healed, or if Brandon Weeden's burst tendon in his thumb is any better. I look for those excuses to make headlines this year.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:40 PM
I'm glad some people are starting to come around.

And Kendall was a special running back but I think that we will still be decent back there with Sims, Smith, and Randle

Ill predict this now:

Before OSU plays OU, OSu will have at least 2 conference losses.

A&M being one, while either Texas or Missouri being the other.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:42 PM
I think the Aggies will destroy them. OSU did win there the year before last but it was on last minute luck. A&M should be much better this year.

I haven't heard if Blackmon's ankle has healed, or if Brandon Weeden's burst tendon in his thumb is any better. I look for those excuses to make headlines this year.

Not only that, but OSU escaped the game last year with A&M with a FG as well. And A&M didnt help themselves at all turning the ball over so many times.

That is the thing that boggles my mind. OSU fans are so delusional, they actually thought they were good last year because they happened to beat Texass. When in fact, given the luck they had in a few games, they could have been 4th in the South.

OSUAggie
7/26/2011, 08:52 PM
That is the thing that boggles my mind. OSU fans are so delusional, they actually thought they were good last year because they happened to beat Texass. When in fact, given the luck they had in a few games, they could have been 4th in the South.

I thought we were good last year because we won 11 times and lost twice. Usually, that's a decent indicator.

"Given the luck they had in a few games"... What luck is that? We were fortunate to win the A&M game, but A&M would've been fortunate to beat us as well. That's typically the case in tight ballgames. Sort of like you guys were fortunate to win the OSU game. And the Air Force game. And the Utah State game. And the Cincinnati game.

The **** does it matter?

**** evens out over 13 games.

OU and OSU have won 18 and 17 league games, respectively, over the last three seasons. It's not like **** just happened to come together last season. But continue to think we're the same football program we were in the 50s, 60s, 70s, whatever.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:59 PM
I thought we were good last year because we won 11 times and lost twice. Usually, that's a decent indicator.

"Given the luck they had in a few games"... What luck is that? We were fortunate to win the A&M game, but A&M would've been fortunate to beat us as well. That's typically the case in tight ballgames. Sort of like you guys were fortunate to win the OSU game. And the Air Force game. And the Utah State game. And the Cincinnati game.

The **** does it matter?

OU and OSU have won 18 and 17 league games, respectively, over the last three seasons. It's not like **** just happened to come together last season. But continue to think we're the same football program we were in the 50s, 60s, 70s, whatever.

obviously you fall into one of the dumb****s that wears the ugly orange and black, like its ****in halloween 365 days a year.

OSU was fortunate to get all the breaks against A&M. They were also fortunate to have beaten highly regarded Troy.

Not to mention they had to get some Turnovers to score against KSU last year as well.

OSU was far from being a top team last year, they just happened to have a fairly easy schedule.

OU had their troubles. This isn't about OU, but in defense of OU, they were a totally different team the last half of the season compared to the first half of the season.

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 09:56 PM

The **** does it matter?

You played eight home games, you played an easy out of conference schedule, you got lucky that Texas was terrible, you got lucky that Tech was terrible. That is two games you have never won before and wouldn't have any other year.

You played three ranked teams, got whipped by two, and really lucked out on the other one. Your defense made people start talking about Taylor Martinez for Heisman, for his passing game no less!

I think you will have a decent Offense this because Blackmon really is special and your O-Line should be able to do what it wants against most people. That is pretty good right there.

Your defense was actually terrible last year. It will be amazing if it isn't worse this year. With people not having to prepare as much for Texas or for Leach they can and will focus more on OSU.

I do think you have one other thing going for you. Gundy seems to get his players excited and ready to play. That is huge to me. A big congrats to Mike Gundy for that.

Other than that I think OSU still sucks. Last year was their perfect storm. This year they return to a more normal schedule and I would predict a more average W/L record.

Never ever forget about the Poke Choke when you root for prison orange. Last year was awesome because it looked like you reloaded when everyone thought you were going to be rebuilding. This year will tell more of the story.

Good Luck anyways. Hopefully you can win something worthy of making up rings. Oh wait ....

Quik Sand
7/27/2011, 08:07 AM
OSU's defense has gotten just good enough to look good against average teams, but when they step up in competition its a bunch of the same old OSU D. They have a big hitter in the secondary and seem to be able to create turnovers. Despite Landry having 3 INTs...one returned for a TD, they still got lit up. Reverse that scenario. Had that game been in Norman and Weeden thrown three picks, one for a return TD....OSU gets beat badly. Heard a quote yesterday, "OU walks into Stillwater like they own the place." Well, they pretty much do.

badger
7/27/2011, 10:44 AM
Nobody can give me a straight up answer on the Pokes?

WIN. We are going to WIN. Why?

1- Because Mike Gundy is the coach. An incompetent coach whose incompetence is overlooked because his overall record is improving.

2- Because Brandon Weeden is the quarterback. An old man geezer quarterback whose questionable decision making is not being exposed much thanks to talented receivers and lesser competition.

3- Because defense. A non-existent defense. OSU does not have one and likely never will so long as Gundy is coach.

4- Because T. Boone is the donor. And donors are impatient meddlers if given too much control. Look for him to meddle to the point that Al Davis and Jerry Jones blush in unison.

5- Because duh, WINNING. We've done it against OSU since the year 2002 and don't intend to lose them ever again.

hefley001
7/27/2011, 11:49 AM
They actually allowed 10 sacks last year...but whats two more?

They did have one of the better O-Lines when it came to sacks allowed in 2010. But given their level of competition before big 12 play, I would say they should have had those type of numbers.

Not that it matters, but Weeden was correct. HE was only sacked 8 times last year. Back up Clint Chelf was sacked twice.

If you look at the sacks we gave up in games, most actually came from the beginning of the season against lesser teams you're remarking about.

Team sacks
Wazzu - Weeden (1) Chelf (1)
Troy - Weeden (1)
Tulsa - Chelf (1)
AnM - Weeden (1)
LaLa - Weeden (1)
TT - Weeden (1)
Neb - Weeden (1)
KSU - 0
Bay - 0
UT - Weeden (1)
KU - 0
OU - 0
Ariz - 0

OSU fans still don't know where the mysterious sack #10 came from. If you check all game stats and even play-by-play's there are only 9 and only 7 against Weeden all year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481725/clint-chelf

texaspokieokie
7/27/2011, 02:44 PM
WIN. We are going to WIN. Why?

1- Because Mike Gundy is the coach. An incompetent coach whose incompetence is overlooked because his overall record is improving.

2- Because Brandon Weeden is the quarterback. An old man geezer quarterback whose questionable decision making is not being exposed much thanks to talented receivers and lesser competition.

3- Because defense. A non-existent defense. OSU does not have one and likely never will so long as Gundy is coach.

4- Because T. Boone is the donor. And donors are impatient meddlers if given too much control. Look for him to meddle to the point that Al Davis and Jerry Jones blush in unison.

5- Because duh, WINNING. We've done it against OSU since the year 2002 and don't intend to lose them ever again.

Number 5 is good. the 1st 4 are a real stretch & a little silly.:P

yukonsooner
7/27/2011, 02:51 PM
This will become a moot point after they lose to atm, mizzou, and *. I may be a little off, but I feel they will lose at least two of these games. Like it was said earlier, I've watched the Poke Choke for 35+ years. They have all the pressure on them to win at least 11 games this year, and I think that is going to be tough.

badger
7/27/2011, 03:00 PM
Number 5 is good. the 1st 4 are a real stretch & a little silly.:P

O rly?

Care to counter? I know that I am a little bit silly when it comes to Big 12 rivals on occasion, especially the ones that are our strongest competitors, but fact, fact, fact and fact on one through four.

Here, let me JUST cover Gundy:

Gundy's overall Big 12 record is 25-23. His more inflated overall record, 47-29, is thanks to weak weak WEAK non-conference competition. The bowls he attends? Just barely invites to the first two (6-6 reg season records) that he amazingly won. The next two, losses. The only legit bowl win was this past season against Arizona. The rest were lucky invites and the other two were embarrassing losses.

Name ONE non-conference legit opponent they've had aside from Georgia during the Gundy years, and don't name the bowl opponents!

And WHAT has been Gundy's signature, defining moment conference win? Was it when they lucked out at home against A&M last year after JJ foolishly threw a late fourth quarter INT? Was it when they beat Texas like virtually every other team beat Texas also? Was it when they beat us oh wait they didn't and never will with Gundy as head coach lol rofl lmao.

Q: Why did they produce Big 12 South championship rings?
A: Because with the dissolution of the divisions, OSU will never be a champion (or even co-champion or co-co-champion) in Big 12 football ever again with Gundy as head coach.

texaspokieokie
7/27/2011, 03:36 PM
Gundy's a good coach. That's all i got.

badger
7/27/2011, 03:41 PM
Gundy's a good coach. That's all i got.

[hairGel]

Is that all you got seriously wtf.

Good coaches can still lose despite how good they are.

Bad coaches can still win despite how bad they are.

Gundy is not either. He is a very mid tier coach that is only at OSU because he's an alumnus and he wouldn't be head coach there or anywhere else if :les: didn't leave for LSU. You might think that it would be silly to think that :les: would choose OSU over LSU, but considering that he bombed his bowl game before being offered the LSU job, there was always the possibility that LSU would realize how silly it would be to take the lucky bastard instead of finding another Nick Saban.

texaspokieokie
7/27/2011, 04:06 PM
i could not figure why lsu wanted miles.

to you, they're all pushovers (your def is that anyone beaten by osu is a pushover) but boys did beat tx & tech in tx. they beat aggs,got 5 turnovers but gave 3.

if "bad" coaches win on a regular basis, at some point in time they will be known as good coaches. that is kinda the difference.

20 games in 2 seasons ain't good enough for you (when it's osu), but it's just fine if it's OU.

Boys defense was weak, but our OU def had some bad games too. AFA ran @ will.

If pickens gave 300 mil to OU (or any other school) he'd have some influence. you act like he's running osu, but when you get down to it, you don't know.

badger
7/27/2011, 04:32 PM
Poke apologist :P

Fearless OSU prediction for 2011-12: 7-6 with mid tier bowl win, 6-6 without it.

OSU is about to discover the joys of rebuilding and having a big target on them due to recent success and national rankings.

texaspokieokie
7/27/2011, 04:40 PM
i think they'll lose to texags & also probly tx.

people who think tx will do anything like 5-7 again are deluding themselves.

who knows, it's anybody's guess.

i root for all schools in ok.
;)

silverwheels
7/27/2011, 04:47 PM
OSU is going to win 9 or 10 games this year. Possibly including a win over us. Let's not overreact to Holgorsen leaving. Lest we forget that we also lost our OC.

picasso
7/27/2011, 04:50 PM
OSU is going to win 9 or 10 games this year. Possibly including a win over us. Let's not overreact to Holgorsen leaving. Lest we forget that we also lost our OC.

I think the Pokes have a nightmare season.

They've missed their chance at small glory.

silverwheels
7/27/2011, 04:53 PM
I think there's a very real chance that OSU wins the conference this year. Maybe not as good a chance as OU or Texas A&M, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised by a Poke Choke, either, but I bet their season ends up closer to the other end of the spectrum.

picasso
7/27/2011, 05:08 PM
I think there's a very real chance that OSU wins the conference this year. Maybe not as good a chance as OU or Texas A&M, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't be surprised by a Poke Choke, either, but I bet their season ends up closer to the other end of the spectrum.

I honestly think their best chance was last season. They lose at least one on the road this year and to OU in Stillwater.

I think Taylor Weeden finally gets his grill roughed up and he won't know what to do other than look like Opie Taylor.

OU_Sooners75
7/27/2011, 05:32 PM
Not that it matters, but Weeden was correct. HE was only sacked 8 times last year. Back up Clint Chelf was sacked twice.

If you look at the sacks we gave up in games, most actually came from the beginning of the season against lesser teams you're remarking about.

Team sacks
Wazzu - Weeden (1) Chelf (1)
Troy - Weeden (1)
Tulsa - Chelf (1)
AnM - Weeden (1)
LaLa - Weeden (1)
TT - Weeden (1)
Neb - Weeden (1)
KSU - 0
Bay - 0
UT - Weeden (1)
KU - 0
OU - 0
Ariz - 0

OSU fans still don't know where the mysterious sack #10 came from. If you check all game stats and even play-by-play's there are only 9 and only 7 against Weeden all year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481725/clint-chelf

actually you should read the title of the post.

Then maybe, just maybe, you'll see that the offensive line of osu allowed 10 sacks instead of just 8. Yes weeden was only sacked 8 times but this is about OSU's oline.

badger
7/27/2011, 06:03 PM
Why am I the only one on here that's not giving OSU credit for anything... :stunned:

SoonerDood
7/27/2011, 06:16 PM
I feel they're going to suffer from the Disease of More. Everybody on offense will want to improve from last year, but there's only so many snaps and so many touches to go around. And if their brand new defensive front 7 can't keep other teams off the field, the Greatest Offense in History will have a tough time scoring points.

goingoneight
7/27/2011, 06:25 PM
I kinda like the way that badger's only stirring up the Sooners. I think OSUAggie's caught onto your game by now. :D

You should stir up the n00bs this fall badj. It'd be fun. :D

Herr Scholz
7/27/2011, 08:18 PM
Don't sleep on those guys. That's all I'm saying. Herschel Sims is the goods btw.

CowboyMRW
7/27/2011, 09:26 PM
O rly?

Care to counter? I know that I am a little bit silly when it comes to Big 12 rivals on occasion, especially the ones that are our strongest competitors, but fact, fact, fact and fact on one through four.

Here, let me JUST cover Gundy:

Gundy's overall Big 12 record is 25-23. His more inflated overall record, 47-29, is thanks to weak weak WEAK non-conference competition. The bowls he attends? Just barely invites to the first two (6-6 reg season records) that he amazingly won. The next two, losses. The only legit bowl win was this past season against Arizona. The rest were lucky invites and the other two were embarrassing losses.

Name ONE non-conference legit opponent they've had aside from Georgia during the Gundy years, and don't name the bowl opponents!

And WHAT has been Gundy's signature, defining moment conference win? Was it when they lucked out at home against A&M last year after JJ foolishly threw a late fourth quarter INT? Was it when they beat Texas like virtually every other team beat Texas also? Was it when they beat us oh wait they didn't and never will with Gundy as head coach lol rofl lmao.

Q: Why did they produce Big 12 South championship rings?
A: Because with the dissolution of the divisions, OSU will never be a champion (or even co-champion or co-co-champion) in Big 12 football ever again with Gundy as head coach.

To answer this question, I would say it was at Mizzou in '08 I believe when they were ranked #3 at the time.

OSUAggie
7/27/2011, 10:06 PM
Poke apologist :P

Fearless OSU prediction for 2011-12: 7-6 with mid tier bowl win, 6-6 without it.

OSU is about to discover the joys of rebuilding and having a big target on them due to recent success and national rankings.

Ha

Last year's prediction thread (over/under 7.5 wins, which 88% of you geniuses predicted under) included some of these gems:

I'm thinking a return to good ol' 7-6 days, which has been every season except for the first one and the last two.

So, under! (barely)

they go 6-6 or 7-5

They had the stock and the schedule to do the best they ever have last year.... Heck, they even had OU on a down year. I think this will be a 7 win season. UNDER!

Even if you give them 5-0, I don't think they make the over.

6 wins

7 wins.

Wazzu
Tulsa
Troy
ULL
Tech
Baylor
one of the Kansas schools....They'll won't beat both.

To make the over, they can only lose one of these games:
WSU
A&M
TECH
KU
KSU
I'm thinking Under.

I got them goin 10-2 baby!!! :rolleyes:

14-0

Washington State -w
Troy - w
Tulsa - w
Texas A&M -L
@ UL Lafayette - w
@ Texas Tech- L
Nebraska - L
@ Kansas State - L
Baylor - W
@Texas - L
@Kansas - W
Oklahoma - L

6 or 7. They should be kissing Gundy's feet if he gets them 8 or more wins.

Hahaha NEVER!!! I say they go 7-5 in the reg. season and lose their bowl game. So, I guess that will put them at 7-6. Niiice!!!

I think they can get to eight with the swing games being KSU and Tech. KSU has Thomas, and that is it. I'm not sold one iota on Tech. They aren't going to come within a country mile of A&M, NU, us, or *, though.

badger
7/28/2011, 08:46 AM
I'm thinking a return to good ol' 7-6 days, which has been every season except for the first one and the last two.

So, under! (barely)

So I was a year off. 7-6 THIS year! Team on the fall!

SoonerDood
7/28/2011, 09:25 AM
Even [hairGel] himself said, "If you told me that we'd go 10-2 this year, I would've laughed in your face."

OU_Sooners75
7/28/2011, 01:25 PM
Ha

Last year's prediction thread (over/under 7.5 wins, which 88% of you geniuses predicted under) included some of these gems:

And I can show you a bunch of osu fans that thought they really were going to win the big 12 last year too. Lol

Osu = fail!

badger
7/28/2011, 01:28 PM
And I can show you a bunch of osu fans that thought they really were going to win the big 12 last year too. Lol

Osu = fail!

While they'd still have to make it by Nebbish, a team they lost to at home earlier in the season, they were technically only 6 points away from having the Big 12 South outright, no tie.

'Course, T-Bone checked out in the last few mins, so the rest of the fans probably lost hope around that time too.

picasso
7/28/2011, 01:30 PM
Ha

Yes, and you thought you would win the most games in school history right? You had no idea Blackmon was that good and you guys won the lottery with Taylor Weeden.

Good for you.

OSUAggie
7/28/2011, 02:02 PM
Yes, and you thought you would win the most games in school history right? You had no idea Blackmon was that good and you guys won the lottery with Taylor Weeden.

Good for you.

Yeah, I did.

My 14-0 prediction is in there.

badger
7/28/2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I did.

Prediction: You will never win 14 games in a season in this Big 12 format. NEVER.

SoonerAtKU
7/28/2011, 02:39 PM
To be fair, nobody expected Tech and Texas to fall off as much as they did this year. Those two games changed a reasonable 8-4 prediction into 10-2 during the regular season.

hefley001
7/29/2011, 07:41 AM
Ha

Haha as always, sooner fail

Quik Sand
7/29/2011, 07:45 AM
Haha as always, sooner failNo....pretty sure fail is the OSU record against OU. Looking forward to that game up there at OU North (OU owns that place). :)

badger
7/29/2011, 08:30 AM
OSU: So we are going to require you fans to buy seasons tickets in order to attend the Sooner game.
Fans: Noooooo, Gooner game!
OSU: Because we not only need money, we also need attendance. It's embarrassingly low in both categories.
Fans: You listen, OSU. If we fans can only make one game a year or two, we want to make the GOONER game, not Baylor, not Iowa State, GOONER.
OSU: So you'll be buying season tickets then?
Fans: ...yes.

(fast forward to Sooner game)

OSU: Hey, what's all that crimson doing in our stadium?
Fans: What, you thought we actually bought season tickets? The GOONERS bought them, then sold the rest of the season to us! We attended every home game for practically NOTHING thanks to those stupid Gooners!
OSU: Wow... that kind of backfired. But I thought you wanted to attend the Gooner, um, I mean SOONER game?
Fans: Hell, we don't even attend basketball games anymore.

hefley001
7/29/2011, 09:09 AM
OSU: So we are going to require you fans to buy seasons tickets in order to attend the Sooner game.
Fans: Noooooo, Gooner game!
OSU: Because we not only need money, we also need attendance. It's embarrassingly low in both categories.
Fans: You listen, OSU. If we fans can only make one game a year or two, we want to make the GOONER game, not Baylor, not Iowa State, GOONER.
OSU: So you'll be buying season tickets then?
Fans: ...yes.

(fast forward to Sooner game)

OSU: Hey, what's all that crimson doing in our stadium?
Fans: What, you thought we actually bought season tickets? The GOONERS bought them, then sold the rest of the season to us! We attended every home game for practically NOTHING thanks to those stupid Gooners!
OSU: Wow... that kind of backfired. But I thought you wanted to attend the Gooner, um, I mean SOONER game?
Fans: Hell, we don't even attend basketball games anymore.

"all that crimson"? Your fans were pretty non existant in BPS. Didn't even buy 1/2 of the allotted 5K tickets.

CowboyMRW
7/29/2011, 10:09 AM
Even [hairGel] himself said, "If you told me that we'd go 10-2 this year, I would've laughed in your face."

Can I get a link to this? I haven't heard it. TIA

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/29/2011, 10:17 AM
Haha as always, sooner fail
Congrats on getting slightly above .500 for your all time winning percentage.

Fail

Mad Dog Madsen
7/29/2011, 10:18 AM
Can I get a link to this? I haven't heard it. TIA

I've heard it before so it's true...

I got them goin 10-2 baby!!! :rolleyes:

He should have listened to me, I'm always right. ;)

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/29/2011, 10:18 AM
"all that crimson"? Your fans were pretty non existant in BPS. Didn't even buy 1/2 of the allotted 5K tickets.

The mandatory Tetanus shots can be expensive

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/29/2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I did.

Wait 'till next year

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2011, 10:20 AM

"Let's hit the showers and get the hell out of this hellhole."
-Jeff Capel

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/29/2011, 10:21 AM
And calling us out because we expected a historically terrible team to finish with mediocre record....ya that's going out on a big limb for us:rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
7/29/2011, 10:24 AM
What? Some people didn't know osu would win 10 games last year with all those past seasons of accomplishing that feat? I'm embarassed..

badger
7/29/2011, 10:44 AM

"Existent." And your tickets were notoriously the most expensive single game ticket in the country so you can't blame us for going to the other route that I clearly laid out for you - buy season tickets, sell all other games to poke fans except the OU game. :stunned:

SoonerofAlabama
7/29/2011, 12:10 PM

Fail

They are still one game under .500 all-time.

tfoolry
7/29/2011, 12:14 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

OU_Sooners75
7/29/2011, 01:40 PM

Fail

OSU math?

521-522-48 =/= 0.500 let alone above 0.500.

OU_Sooners75
7/29/2011, 01:51 PM
I'll start the OSU predictions for 2011. I ain't skewer of being wrong.

vs. Louisiana Lafayette W
vs. Arizona W
@ Tulsa W
@ Texas a&m L
vs. Kansas W
@ Texas W
@ Missouri L
vs. Baylor W
vs. Kansas St W
@ Texas Tech W
@ Iowa St W
vs. Oklahoma L