PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Season for Austin box

d.stOUgh
7/26/2011, 03:33 AM
AUSTIN BOXS' tragic death will be a major factor in 2011...He was a player that inspired others, right up there with Travis Lewis & 'The Hammer' (and countless former Sooners)...an inspiration and a damn good LB coming into his last season this year! What a year he would have had!

I lived in OKC from '71 thru '85 and i got to know many players in that 15 years. Most fans have no idea of the pain they play through...just to PLAY for OKLAHOMA!

As I see it, OU was without a doubt a preseason #1.

I'm not gonna quote college football preseason polls...pointless.

The Sooners WILL WIN # 8 THIS YEAR!

When graduation, just a few starters returning, inexperience at key positions are involved...maybe not.

The players we have coming back, the SOONERS that give everything they have just to play for OUr OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL team, not for themselves, WILL win it all this year!

This season will be remembered for..."Win it All for Box".

HE WAS AND FOREVER WILL BE REMEMBERED AS AN 'OKIE THAT LIVED TO PLAY FOR OUr SOONERS! THAT'S ALL HE EVER WANTED!

I have no doubt there will be, at some point in time, an 'Austin Box' award just as there is one for Don Key!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MojoRisen
7/26/2011, 07:10 AM
There is no doubt about playing through an Injury in your back. Getting from crawling in the morning to running full sprints and keeping it level for a long season.

Box deserves to look down and see a Championship rolling sooner style!

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 08:08 AM
Please let this be true!!!

Joe
7/26/2011, 10:11 AM
I roll off the couch every morning and slouch my way around the house until my pill cocktail kicks in. Lower back pain, specifically herniated disks and the accompanying sciatica through 2 legs, is it's on special kind of hell. I sympathize with the pain Austin went through and he was a mans man for still playing football in spite of it. I hope he's in heaven where he'll never have to experience any pain for the rest of eternity.

oudavid1
7/26/2011, 10:44 AM
" '11 is for 12"

d.stOUgh
7/27/2011, 01:59 AM
" '11 is for 12"

I concur!

This years team will play their hearts out for # 12...AUSTIN BOX...R.I.P.!