PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

CowboyMRW
7/25/2011, 09:00 PM
Why does AnM think that their offense is going to be better than OU's or OSU's this year? I look through Texags daily and just listening to how much better they are than OU and OSU is kinda laughable and sad.

picasso
7/25/2011, 09:05 PM
Why does AnM think that their offense is going to be better than OU's or OSU's this year? I look through Texags daily and just listening to how much better they are than OU and OSU is kinda laughable and sad.

Well, last year they were against us and had they played the latter QB they would have been against yous guys as well.

Doged
7/25/2011, 09:09 PM
They'll likely be very good on offense this season. Better than us or you is highly questionable, but I guess remotely possible.

silverwheels
7/25/2011, 09:10 PM
I think OU, OSU, and A&M will have comparable offensive production. A&M may well have the best offense of the three, who knows.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/25/2011, 09:11 PM
Because they have the best proven rushing attack.

SoonerofAlabama
7/25/2011, 09:12 PM
They are weird. Just sayin'

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7923/imagesca46sdt8.jpg

picasso
7/25/2011, 09:16 PM
If they had any kind of logic in their thinking they would be worried about their game Norman. Provided the history and all.

silverwheels
7/25/2011, 09:22 PM
Well, they are Aggies, so they rarely display any kind of logic.

Breadburner
7/25/2011, 09:23 PM

Look in the mirror sheep-humper.....

goingoneight
7/25/2011, 09:42 PM
They should possess the best balance of the three given the look of the offenses on paper. But you never know when someone's going to emerge from out of nowhere, or even just take off from what they did a year ago ala Justin Blackmon from 09-10 or Broyles from 08-09. Based on what we saw to close out the season, they have reason to believe they CAN be better. Still, they have to be able to defend the opposition's offense, which is their problem.

Soonermagik
7/25/2011, 09:46 PM
I think they feel they are better than OU since we had a dropped pass last year on a fake... that would have likely won the game.

Oh well... A&M & Mizzou better get ready to get crushed by OU at home. OU hammers people at home, especially if they lost to them the prior year. I think A&M remembers 77-0. I don't know if it will be that big, but they will get hammered.

To answer your question.. they are fooling themselves. They are getting better athletes, but I don't ever see them as a true power.

JLEW1818
7/25/2011, 09:49 PM
Stoops drops a 60 burger on them in Norman this year.

MeMyself&Me
7/25/2011, 10:02 PM

The amount of irony of a poke asking that question here is beyond infinity...

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 10:14 PM
its ok, everyone.

we been liftin weights and runnin sprints all summer.

Fraggle145
7/25/2011, 11:23 PM

This.

Every time someone starts trying to come up and get mouthy and ****, Stoops makes sure to embarrass them a little bit when they come to visit.

Football Jim
7/26/2011, 01:23 AM
A&M is and always will be A&M. They just can't seem to walk what they can talk.
I see them humbled this year. OU, OSU definitely, Mizzou, KSU and * will possibly take them also.
I see them as a 5 loss team when all is said and done.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/26/2011, 01:42 AM
I just hope their defense inside the 1 yard line isn't as stout this year!!

OUstud
7/26/2011, 02:58 AM
A&M 2011=Ole Miss 2009. Too much national title hype for a strong finish the season before. They'll be exposed as the third or fourth-best team in conference and finish around 8-4. Meh. Next!

*not even trying to make a Cotton Bowl joke.

SoonerBacker
7/26/2011, 07:42 AM
The amount of irony of a poke asking that question here is beyond infinity...

^^^^THIS!^^^^

picasso
7/26/2011, 12:12 PM
its ok, everyone.

we been liftin weights and runnin sprints all summer.

So has oSu! This morning Robert Allen and John Holcombe both said oSu has a strength coach!!!!!!! Wow.

They buildin' them strennnths.

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 02:31 PM
The Aggies finally have something to brag about post WWII. That program has such little winning tradition, yet they celebrate themselves as if they are the greatest program ever. They talk a lot of **** to be so light in the ***.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 07:27 PM
Well, last year they were against us and had they played the latter QB they would have been against yous guys as well.

I wouldn't say their offense was better than ours last year when we played them.

1. They had a grand total of 20 yards more than we did.
2. They had 3 offensive TDs against our 2 offensive TDs.
3. They only threatened to score on OU 4 times (inside redzone). OU was inside Texas A&M's redzone 7 times, only getting 2 scores.

The thing that made OU's offense look bad last year was the fact that OU got 1st and goal 3 times and came away with ZERO points. Not to mention the fake where Nimmo hit Hanna in the hands that if caught would have been a TD.

OU left 4 scores on the field. Texas A&M scored on all the chances they were given.

If anything, I would definitely say A&M's defense looked better than ours that game.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 07:29 PM

Here is a serious question for you:

Why does OSU fans and even their program believe they will have the conference's best defense? Especially when they are replacing 5 of their front 7 starters, and 12 of their 22 in their two deep from last year?

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2011, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't say their offense was better than ours last year when we played them.

3. They only threatened to score on OU 4 times (inside redzone). OU was inside Texas A&M's redzone 7 times, only getting 2 scores.

The thing that made OU's offense look bad last year was the fact that OU got 1st and goal 3 times and came away with ZERO points. Not to mention the fake where Nimmo hit Hanna in the hands that if caught would have been a TD.

OU left 4 scores on the field. Texas A&M scored on all the chances they were given.

If anything, I would definitely say A&M's defense looked better than ours that game.

You're 2 short. Landry missed a wide open Stills who was 15 yards behind everybody, & missed Ratteree on a 10 yard post that he would've walked in on.

In my 30 years of following OU, I have never seen a game in which a team left so many points on the field that the opposition had nothing to do with (& I'm not including the 3 goalline stands when I say that).

CowboyMRW
7/26/2011, 08:24 PM
Here is a serious question for you:

Why does OSU fans and even their program believe they will have the conference's best defense? Especially when they are replacing 5 of their front 7 starters, and 12 of their 22 in their two deep from last year?

What OSU fans and if anything it's just wishful thinking. I'm hoping for a top 4-5 defense and we will be golden. I think a lot of people are just going off what Markelle has fb'd and the leadership he has taken as the best safety in the Big 12 should.

tfoolry
7/26/2011, 08:25 PM

Yes. I expect him to drop a lotta double deuce on them too. Already tired of hearing from those guys.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:25 PM
What OSU fans and if anything it's just wishful thinking. I'm hoping for a top 4-5 defense and we will be golden. I think a lot of people are just going off what Markelle has fb'd and the leadership he has taken as the best safety in the Big 12 should.

Listen to OSU's radio commercial.

Then visit your home board of OP.com.

tcrb
7/26/2011, 08:26 PM
You're 2 short. Landry missed a wide open Stills who was 15 yards behind everybody, & missed Ratteree on a 10 yard post that he would've walked in on.

In my 30 years of following OU, I have never seen a game in which a team left so many points on the field that the opposition had nothing to do with (& I'm not including the 3 goalline stands when I say that).

I seem to remember one or two missed fg's too. Seems like there was something like 34 points we left out there.
I definitely agree that I've never seen a team leave so many points behind on their own accord.

CowboyMRW
7/26/2011, 08:32 PM
Listen to OSU's radio commercial.

Then visit your home board of OP.com.

I've read that thread. I mainly just laughed but I haven't heard the commercial

OU_Sooners75
I seem to remember one or two missed fg's too. Seems like there was something like 34 points we left out there.
I definitely agree that I've never seen a team leave so many points behind on their own accord.

The last 2 seasons when it came to FGs, I counted the ones that were made as plusses. While expecting misses on all tries.

I know, sad, but it has been horrific since Hartley left.

Salt City Sooner

O'Hara shanked a 36 yarder. Also, don't forget the 2 free points OU gave A&M on the games opening snap.

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:38 PM
I've read that thread. I mainly just laughed but I haven't heard the commercial

At work, I listen to the local country radio station, and at least 2 times an hour they have the OSU football commercial on....and they mention stuff like the returning All-conference QB and WR. They also mention that they return a defense that will be one of the best in the league.

I can say this with a straight face and in all seriousness, OSU fans are some of the most ignorant fans when it comes to sports!

Then they want to bag on all OU fans, regardless if they are alumni or not and say that you cannot be a fan of a team unless you have attended that school. All OU fans are ciminals and all are tshirt fans.

LOL...Let me tell you, OSU fans are some of he dumbest people I have actually came across. I guess it just comes from being a fan of a team that traditionally loses at everything football!

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:38 PM
O'Hara shanked a 36 yarder. Also, don't forget the 2 free points OU gave A&M on the games opening snap.

That balanced out at the end of the game when A&M gave OU a free 2 points as well.

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2011, 08:39 PM
The last 2 seasons when it came to FGs, I counted the ones that were made as pluses. While expecting misses on all tries.

I know, sad, but it has been horrific since Hartley left.

Stevens was 19-23 on FG's last year, & didn't miss a PAT (53-53). One can say all they want about his limited range (& it is limited moreso than a good deal of our past kickers) but fact is, when we got into that range, he was pretty reliable last year (although there were certainly a few that were less than picture-esque, which I personally couldn't care less about, if it goes through, it goes through).

tcrb
7/26/2011, 08:43 PM

Thanks for reminding me. :mad:

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 08:48 PM
Stevens was 19-23 on FG's last year, & didn't miss a PAT (53-53). One can say all they want about his limited range (& it is limited moreso than a good deal of our past kickers) but fact is, when we got into that range, he was pretty reliable last year (although there were certainly a few that were less than picture-esque, which I personally couldn't care less about, if it goes through, it goes through).

It isn't exactly his overall numbers that scare me. It is his actual kicks. Some are line drives, while some are floaters, and others perfect.

Not to mention his numbers go down significantly past 45 yards in his career.

And when your kicker is limited in range, it hampers the offensive threat.

You either have to punt or go for it where you can get a 45-50 yard FG attempt with confidence. And in close games, that can be very troubling.

Mazeppa
7/26/2011, 08:51 PM

He has limited range because he only has about a 20" inseam. :)

picasso
7/26/2011, 09:12 PM

I looked at the scoreboard and it said differently. I don't give a flying crap about points left on the field.

Points are scored in the end zone.;)

OU_Sooners75
7/26/2011, 09:17 PM
I looked at the scoreboard and it said differently. I don't give a flying crap about points left on the field.

Points are scored in the end zone.;)

So you base how good an offense by scoreboard?

Man, OSU's must have been stellar, even though they were only responsible for 27 of their 41 points.

The question was about the (A&M) offense. You said something about it was better than OU's when they played.

Wrong...simply wrong. Their offense capitalized 1 more time than OU...where OU left a ton of points on the field thanks to their lack of execution and poor play calling. :)

picasso
7/26/2011, 09:25 PM
So you base how good an offense by scoreboard?

Man, OSU's must have been stellar, even though they were only responsible for 27 of their 41 points.

The question was about the (A&M) offense. You said something about it was better than OU's when they played.

Wrong...simply wrong. Their offense capitalized 1 more time than OU...where OU left a ton of points on the field thanks to their lack of execution and poor play calling. :)

No, but you said they had more yards and more points than we did. Not hard to go from there.