PDA

View Full Version : Florida State Watching OUr Game Film Daily

SoonerofAlabama
7/25/2011, 03:28 PM
:rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/2011%20ACC%20Media%20Days/2011-acc-media-days

Florida State: The Seminoles are already preparing for their Sept. 17 home game against Oklahoma. "I watch film on them every day," defensive end Brandon Jenkins said. "That's a key factor." Jenkins said last year's 47-17 loss stuck with them for a long time, but they're "going to try to change that this year." He said the Noles have grown most in leadership and maturity since that loss.

The one team that has most prognosticators excited is Florida State, and that's in no small part because Manuel is expected to take a quantum leap forward in terms of production. His late-season performances against Clemson (281 yards total offense), Virginia Tech (288 passing yards) and in the Chick-fil-A Bowl against South Carolina (led the Seminoles to an upset victory) have bred optimism.

The former blue-chip recruit is now a fourth-year junior, having entered college with hype similar to classmates Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck, Dayne Crist and Landry Jones. They've all established themselves, while Manuel had to bide his time backing up Christian Ponder.

"I was behind the 12th pick in the NFL draft," Manuel said. "That made me feel a lot better about myself.

E.J. Manuel gave Florida State fans reasons for optimism at the end of the 2010 season.

"I'm comfortable. I feel like I know what I'm doing. I learned from Christian and it's not going to be a shock-and-awe kind of thing. I feel ready."

meoveryouxinfinity
7/25/2011, 03:29 PM
While I think we will win, an FSU loss isn't the nail in the coffin for our national championship hopes...

jumperstop
7/25/2011, 03:29 PM
I bet they are liftin weights too...

hawaii 5-0
7/25/2011, 03:32 PM
With Josh calling the plays I would expect a little different offense than when we played 'em last year.

5-0

Trump/ Smooth 2012

jumperstop
7/25/2011, 03:33 PM
With Josh calling the plays I would expect a little different offense than when we played 'em last year.

5-0

Trump/ Smooth 2012

No, I think we'll run exactly the same plays as last year. They have nothing to worry about as long as they watch last years game enough...

Soonerfan88
7/25/2011, 03:39 PM
Oh no, not WATCHING FILM!!!! Whatever will we do now?!?!?! :D

soonerloyal
7/25/2011, 03:44 PM
If they're watching OUr films AND have swagger...WE'RE DOOOOOOMED.

:D

KantoSooner
7/25/2011, 04:19 PM
I'll be interested to see how they respond if we can come out and get a 1,2, or 3 score edge on them.

The Maestro
7/25/2011, 04:25 PM
Why would you watch a game where you got spanked so bad? I'd watch the one's where I did something right. But that's just me, I guess.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2011, 04:25 PM
This is like when the Fake Roy Williams said he finally found the weight room his senior year. I mean seriously a team preparing for a team they will play is the biggest breaking news in college football history.

badger
7/25/2011, 04:28 PM
If they're watching OUr films AND have swagger...WE'RE DOOOOOOMED.

:D

If they start lifting weights like whorn, heaven help us. :eek:

On a serious note, game film from last season ain't gonna help em. We have a new offensive coordinator (or rather new co-coordinators) and a large part of our offense last year, Demarco, is in the Neffel now. Our defense will likely also look a bit different with the absence of the late great Austin Box :( and possibly no Hammer Time. :mad: Will our corner be academically eligible? No idea.

badger
7/25/2011, 04:30 PM
Skip's trick is to say "I'm a _____ fan, BUT..." which is the equivalent of starting with phrases such as "With all due respect..." or "Jane, you ignorant slut..." or "F*** you..."

pweitkem
7/25/2011, 04:51 PM
I watched the South Carolina / FSU bowl game a few days ago. FSU could be very good this year... Greg Reid is a beast, EJ Manuel pulled out some good plays when he had to, the defense was solid, and they are scary fast. Much improved over the team I saw in Norman.

Doak Campbell is going to be rockin.

soonercoop1
7/25/2011, 04:51 PM
Interesting to see if our D makes him look like a Heisman candidate as they have several young dual-threat QBs over the years....as long as LJ has a good game without the mental faux pas, OU wins going away....

sooneredaco
7/25/2011, 05:05 PM
I wonder how much counseling he's had to go through...

Dan Thompson
7/25/2011, 05:13 PM
I was afraid of that! We're doomed.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2011, 05:16 PM
Wow, i bet OU is regretting suing the NCAA so they could air more of their games now....

SoonerLB
7/25/2011, 05:27 PM
They can do anything they want . . . . . . . 'cause none of it is gonna prevent the butt whuppin' and checkmark in the loss column they are gonna get on Sept. 17th. :)

AlboSooner
7/25/2011, 05:27 PM
save gas, and don't even show up for the game.

oudavid1
7/25/2011, 05:30 PM
"I was behind the 12th pick in the NFL draft," Manuel said. "That made me feel a lot better about myself."

"I was behind the overall number 1 pick and the rookie of the year, bring it muchacho"

MR2-Sooner86
7/25/2011, 05:34 PM
****in' revenge games, how do they work?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Rex+Burkhead+Texas+v+Nebraska+5qbP-0kDyT6l.jpg

MyT Oklahoma
7/25/2011, 05:38 PM
Skip's trick is to say "I'm a _____ fan, BUT..." which is the equivalent of starting with phrases such as "With all due respect..." or "Jane, you ignorant slut..." or "F*** you..."

But Jane was an ignorant slut. ;)

badger
7/25/2011, 05:43 PM

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Rex+Burkhead+Texas+v+Nebraska+5qbP-0kDyT6l.jpg

Please tell me that you're going to take crap like this and turn it into MS Paint fun this fall.

Salt City Sooner
7/25/2011, 05:44 PM

Unfortunately, they've worked out a little too well in favor of our opponents for my liking lately, esp. OOC's. Hope the trend breaks.

MR2-Sooner86
7/25/2011, 05:56 PM
Please tell me that you're going to take crap like this and turn it into MS Paint fun this fall.

Thing is I don't use MS Paint, I use photoshop, CS4 to be specific.

Anyway, yes I will. I've already been working on the Texas one.

If you thought THIS (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147947) was great, the Texas one will be legen....wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part is... dary!

jumperstop
7/25/2011, 06:10 PM
Thing is I don't use MS Paint, I use photoshop, CS4 to be specific.

Anyway, yes I will. I've already been working on the Texas one.

If you thought THIS (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147947) was great, the Texas one will be legen....wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part is... dary!

I remember reading that last year. Thanks for bringing it back up, it's awesome.