7/22/2011, 06:39 PM
coming in 5th at 5.3% unemployment.

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

okie52
7/23/2011, 09:42 AM
Thank you.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:08 AM
yay business for farming off all the good jobs and replacing them with low wage service jobs.

woohoo merica!

okie52
7/23/2011, 10:13 AM
yay business for farming off all the good jobs and replacing them with low wage service jobs.

woohoo merica!

Oil jobs pay well...but I'm sure you didn't know that.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:23 AM
Oil jobs pay well...but I'm sure you didn't know that.

oil jobs also cost people limbs.

Peach Fuzz
7/23/2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah? Oil field creates a lot more jobs than just in the field. (Catering, contractors, environmental cleanups, keep old motels open etc...oh and medics :D)

plus chesapeake is putting quite the cash in my pocket.

btw who you callin okie

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah? Oil field creates a lot more jobs than just in the field. (Catering, contractors, environmental cleanups, keep old motels open etc...oh and medics :D)

btw who you callin okie

again... yay minimum wage service jobs! we can all survive off those!!

next you'll tell me that banks are struggling...

okie52
7/23/2011, 10:37 AM

Yep that happens sometimes on a rig but not much risk for all of the office dwellers.

There are a lot of industries where occasionally get hurt...are you for getting rid of those jobs too?

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:39 AM
Yep that happens sometimes on a rig but not much risk for all of the office dwellers.

There are a lot of industries where occasionally get hurt...are you for getting rid of those jobs too?

occasionally? oil field jobs are some of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

okie52

Minimum wage jobs all went to the illegals...you really haven't been paying attention

GKeeper316

and i don't recall advocating getting rid of any jobs...

TitoMorelli
7/23/2011, 10:43 AM

btw who you callin okie

Glad to hear that the Calmez and Pop Hicks are still going strong.;)

Peach Fuzz
7/23/2011, 10:47 AM

Once again, you show you don't know ****.

My mother caters to several companies (Nomac, Conoco-phillips, Chesapeake)

Conoco-Phillips alone ears her 180k a year... some minimum wage.

In fact, I bet there isn't anyone working with the oilfield making minimum wage... this just made me lol

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:49 AM
Once again, you show you don't know ****.

My mother caters to several companies (Nomac, Conoco-phillips, Chesapeake)

Conoco-Phillips alone ears her 180k a year... some minimum wage.

In fact, I bet there isn't anyone working with the oilfield making minimum wage... this just made me lol

and what does she pay the people that work for her?

Mjcpr
7/23/2011, 10:51 AM

It just depends on the John.

Peach Fuzz
7/23/2011, 10:54 AM

450 a week. Still a handsome amount compared to minimum wage.

Tell ya what, find me a job associated with oilfield that makes minimum wage, and I'll concede.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 10:59 AM
450 a week. Still a handsome amount compared to minimum wage.

Tell ya what, find me a job associated with oilfield that makes minimum wage, and I'll concede.

who ever said oilfield jobs were minimum wage? i never made that claim. i don't think anyone made that claim.

i've never heard of a caterer that pays 2 grand a month base. ever. and i used to work in the restaurant management/catering biz.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 10:59 AM

http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag211.htm

A total of 12 deaths in the oil and gas extraction in 2009...

In 2009 the incident rate for injuries was 1.6 per 100 full time workers...

Average hourly earnings for all jobs was $36.50

Average hourly earnings for for production and non supervisory $27.74

http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag23.htm

The construction industry had 879 deaths in 2009

Incident rate in 2009 was 4.3 per hundred full time workers...

Average hourly earnings of all employees $25.36

Average hourly earnings for production and non supervisory $23.55

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag211.htm

A total of 12 deaths in the oil and gas extraction in 2009...

In 2009 the incident rate for injuries was 1.6 per 100 full time workers...

Average hourly earnings for all jobs was $36.50

Average hourly earnings for for production and non supervisory $27.74

http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag23.htm

The construction industry had 879 deaths in 2009

Incident rate in 2009 was 4.3 per hundred full time workers...

Average hourly earnings of all employees $25.36

Average hourly earnings for production and non supervisory $23.55

i guarantee none of those stats counts the mexicans

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:04 AM
i guarantee none of those stats counts the mexicans

No other comment about the dangers of oil and gas extraction vs construction?

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:09 AM
Manufacturing

319 deaths in 2009

4.3 injuries per 100 full time workers

Avg hourly earnings $23.68

Average hourly earnings for production and non supervisory $18.91

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:10 AM
No other comment about the dangers of oil and gas extraction vs construction?

nope... other than illegals gettin less than minimum wage aren't on the books and therefore dont get reported when accidents happen to them. and there's a lot of illegals working construction.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:11 AM
Transportation

666 deaths

5.2 per 100 full time workers

Avg hourly earnings $21.61

Average hourly earnings for production and non supervisory $19.44

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:13 AM
nope... other than illegals gettin less than minimum wage aren't on the books and therefore dont get reported when accidents happen to them. and there's a lot of illegals working construction.

So the construction incident rate is actually higher than reported to OSHA?

How many illegals driving trucks?

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:13 AM
Do I need to continue or are you ready to say Uncle?

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:16 AM
Do I need to continue or are you ready to say Uncle?

you can throw up all the incident numbers you want, but none of those stats rates the severity of any injuries sustained, do they?

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:16 AM
Utilities

25 deaths

3.3 per 100 full time workers

Avg hourly earnings $34.01

Average hourly earnings for production and non supervisory $30.96

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:18 AM
you can throw up all the incident numbers you want, but none of those stats rates the severity of any injuries sustained, do they?

You are grasping at straws...

Have a great day and a better tomorrow!

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:18 AM
and none of those stats even bothers to record part-time workers... and just because someone works 40 hours a week, that doesn't mean he's automatically classified as full time.

Sooner_Tuf
7/23/2011, 11:24 AM
GK You need to talk to your dad about the possibility of you growing up. It's time, it's probably past time.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:25 AM
and none of those stats even bothers to record part-time workers... and just because someone works 40 hours a week, that doesn't mean he's automatically classified as full time.

Wrong....wanna try again?

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshnotice10.htm

Fatal injury rates depict the risk of incurring a fatal occupational injury faced by all workers or a group of workers, such as workers in a certain occupation or industry, and can be used to compare risk among worker groups with varying employment levels. Since employment data are not collected by the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI), fatal injury rates have been calculated using employment estimates from the Current Population Survey (CPS), supplemented where needed with data from the U.S. Department of Defense. All the CFOI fatal injury rates published by BLS for the years 1992 through 2007 were employment-based, and measured the risk of fatal injury for those employed during a given period of time, regardless of hours worked.

Hours-based rates measure fatal injury risk per standardized length of exposure, and are generally considered more accurate than employment-based rates. Hours-based rates use the average number of employees at work and the average hours each employee works. Employment and hours-based rates will be similar for groups of workers who tend to work full-time. However, differences will be observed for worker groups who tend to have a high percentage of part-time workers, such as younger workers.

Hours worked data are also obtained from the CPS. The scope of CPS differs from that of CFOI in both the employment-based model and the hours-based model. Where these differences occur, CFOI adjusts fatal injury counts used in calculating the rates to maintain consistency between the rate numerator (number of fatal injuries) and the denominator (annual average employment and/or average hours at work). The employment-based fatal injury rate calculation excluded only workers under the age of 16. These workers will be excluded with the new hours-based rates as well, but volunteers and military personnel will also be excluded. CFOI has not been able to obtain reliable hours worked data for the resident military and volunteers are not included in the CPS data.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:26 AM
GK You need to talk to your dad about the possibility of you growing up. It's time, it's probably past time.

He is unbelievable....

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2011, 11:28 AM

You do realize he put up death stats. Is there a more severe injury than death?

tcrb
7/23/2011, 11:32 AM
Wrong....wanna try again?

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshnotice10.htm

Fatal injury rates depict the risk of incurring a fatal occupational injury faced by all workers or a group of workers, such as workers in a certain occupation or industry, and can be used to compare risk among worker groups with varying employment levels. Since employment data are not collected by the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI), fatal injury rates have been calculated using employment estimates from the Current Population Survey (CPS), supplemented where needed with data from the U.S. Department of Defense. All the CFOI fatal injury rates published by BLS for the years 1992 through 2007 were employment-based, and measured the risk of fatal injury for those employed during a given period of time, regardless of hours worked.

Hours-based rates measure fatal injury risk per standardized length of exposure, and are generally considered more accurate than employment-based rates. Hours-based rates use the average number of employees at work and the average hours each employee works. Employment and hours-based rates will be similar for groups of workers who tend to work full-time. However, differences will be observed for worker groups who tend to have a high percentage of part-time workers, such as younger workers.

Hours worked data are also obtained from the CPS. The scope of CPS differs from that of CFOI in both the employment-based model and the hours-based model. Where these differences occur, CFOI adjusts fatal injury counts used in calculating the rates to maintain consistency between the rate numerator (number of fatal injuries) and the denominator (annual average employment and/or average hours at work). The employment-based fatal injury rate calculation excluded only workers under the age of 16. These workers will be excluded with the new hours-based rates as well, but volunteers and military personnel will also be excluded. CFOI has not been able to obtain reliable hours worked data for the resident military and volunteers are not included in the CPS data.

gk=pwned!

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:37 AM
I worked 25 years in manufacturing...I have had over a dozen people work for me that had missing fingers or arms due to industrial accidents...

I pulled a guy out of a bead unit that had his armed wrapped around a forming wheel for 4 revolutions...he locked out a safety to make work "easier"

I pulled a guy out of a milling calender..his arm was flattened to .030" (+-.003")...

I know how to calculate incident rate...and that part time employees are included...

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:39 AM
I worked 25 years in manufacturing...I have had over a dozen people work for me over the years that had missing fingers or arms due to industrial accidents...

I pulled a guy out of a bead unit that had his armed wrapped around a forming wheel for 4 revolutions...he locked out a safety to make work "easier"

I pulled a guy out of a milling calender..his arm was flattened to .030" (+-.003")...wearing gloves when they were banned on the operation...

I know how to calculate incident rate...and that part time employees are included...

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:39 AM
ok so death is the only result of a workplace injury. got it. thanks for clearing that up for me.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:45 AM
ok so death is the only result of a workplace injury. got it. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Listen...you are talking about something you know little about...

Safety Pyramid

For every 1000 small unreported accidents (near miss) there are 100 reportable accidents...10 serious accidents...and 1 fatality...

Those numbers I posted are not actual numbers from any industry or facility...but the reasoning holds true...

If you have a large base of reportable accidents you are more likely to have major injury or death...

Learn something today and do a search on the Safety Pyramid...

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:48 AM
Listen...you are talking about something you know little about...

Safety Pyramid

For every 1000 small unreported accidents (near miss) there are 100 reportable accidents...10 serious accidents...and 1 fatality...

Those numbers I posted are not actual numbers from any industry or facility...but the reasoning holds true...

If you have a large base of reportable accidents you are more likely to have major injury or death...

Learn something today and do a search on the Safety Pyramid...

i'll concede that point if you concede that the industries you have thrown up figures for use a lot of illegal labor that doesn't get reported and the numbers are likely scewed because of it.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 11:52 AM
i'll concede that point if you concede that the industries you have thrown up figures for use a lot of illegal labor that doesn't get reported and the numbers are likely scewed because of it.

The oil and gas industry is just a likely to hire illegals as any of the industries that I posted...

I showed data from a reliable source...

You have only supplied a bunch of rhetoric...

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 11:53 AM

woohoo merica!

you're projecting again.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:54 AM
and throwing up numbers for a single year proves exactly nothing.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 11:56 AM
and when you compare those numbers you put up against other industries, it proves my point. so thanks.

sooner_born_1960
7/23/2011, 11:59 AM
What exactly was your point?

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 11:59 AM
often wrong, seldom in doubt.

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 12:11 PM

he likes to show everyone how little he knows and how often he can show us.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 12:17 PM

that oilfield, construction labor, and the like are dangerous. according to the website pphil keeps citing, they are, outside of law enforcement. fishing and farm/ranching is also way up there and is also considered "low-skill" work.

since these numbers are only of recorded deaths, and produce no evidence to show how likely someone is to sustain any injury that doesn't cause death, my contention that oilfield jobs are some of the most dangerous on the planet has yet to be disproven... and i can't imagine why someone would even bother.

texaspokieokie
7/23/2011, 12:17 PM
he likes to show everyone how little he knows and how often he can show us.
in that case, he's doing a wonderful job !!!!!

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 12:25 PM
that oilfield, construction labor, and the like are dangerous. according to the website pphil keeps citing, they are, outside of law enforcement. fishing and farm/ranching is also way up there and is also considered "low-skill" work.

since these numbers are only of recorded deaths, and produce no evidence to show how likely someone is to sustain any injury that doesn't cause death, my contention that oilfield jobs are some of the most dangerous on the planet has yet to be disproven... and i can't imagine why someone would even bother.

and that has what to do with the topic of the thread?

Oh yeah, you got called out for incorrectly saying that the only jobs in OK were low paying jobs. After being called out you tried to change the discussion.

Seriously, how can you be so wrong, so often?

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 12:30 PM
omg go back and read the damn thread ffs!

i was just pointing out that the jobs peach said were helped by the oil industry were minimum wage service jobs and you people went all omg its gk lets argue with him some more, even if he's right.

texaspokieokie
7/23/2011, 12:31 PM

i was just pointing out that the jobs peach said were helped by the oil industry were minimum wage service jobs and you people went all omg its gk lets argue with him some more, even if he's right.

what about if he's TOTALLY wrong ??

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 12:33 PM

Not true. You did say that and than another person pointed out that his mom is a caterer and told you what she pays her employees. You then tried to argue with him that his mom didn't pay that much.

I now know what Stephen Hawking would feel like if he tried to discuss physics with Vince Young.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 12:34 PM
please point out where i was wrong in this thread?

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 12:37 PM

woohoo merica!

here ya go. Your very first post in this thread.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 12:46 PM
2009 data from same fed source

Oil Gas and Extraction
Per 100 full time jobs

Cases involving days away from work, job restriction, or transfer .9 (point 9)
Cases involving days away from work .7 (point 7)
Cases involving days of job transfer or restriction .2 (point 2}

Manufacturing
Per 100 full time jobs

Cases involving days away from work, job restriction, or transfer 2.3
Cases involving days away from work 1.0
Cases involving days of job transfer or restriction 1.3

Education and Health Services (LOL)

Since this is a new one I will post the deaths and incident rates...

Deaths 207
Total Recordable 5.0
Cases involving days away from work, job restriction, or transfer 2.2
Cases involving days away from work 1.3
Cases involving days of job transfer or restriction 1.0

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 12:47 PM
Not true. You did say that and than another person pointed out that his mom is a caterer and told you what she pays her employees. You then tried to argue with him that his mom didn't pay that much.

I now know what Stephen Hawking would feel like if he tried to discuss physics with Vince Young.

ok ill concede that i might be wrong about dude's mom paying her employees 450 a week. might. most likely not. to pull down the kind of numbers he claims his mother pulls in anually, just from one client, leads me to believe that he is either mistaken about how much his mom pulls in, or just doesn't understand the catering business.

i dont care how you do it, there's no way you can pay your employees almost 2 grand a month starting in food service and turn a profit. cant be done. i've run enough restaurants and know enough about food cost to know your profit margin is thin at best. the best money maker in the industry is by the drink liquor sales, but even if thats all you did was supply bartenders to parties, you couldn't afford that labor cost.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 12:59 PM
ask anyone that's ever waited a table or cooked on a line if they believed for one second their boss could have paid his employees almost 2k a month and stayed in business.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 01:04 PM
ok ill concede that i might be wrong about dude's mom paying her employees 450 a week. might. most likely not. to pull down the kind of numbers he claims his mother pulls in anually, just from one client, leads me to believe that he is either mistaken about how much his mom pulls in, or just doesn't understand the catering business.

i dont care how you do it, there's no way you can pay your employees almost 2 grand a month starting in food service and turn a profit. cant be done. i've run enough restaurants and know enough about food cost to know your profit margin is thin at best. the best money maker in the industry is by the drink liquor sales, but even if thats all you did was supply bartenders to parties, you couldn't afford that labor cost.

The numbers sound high too me also....but it sounds like she is catering a more high end product to major companies...you do a couple of big company conferences a month and you could pull in some cash...but I bet it was a long hard road to this point...

Now....

Working a rig is a tough job...not everybody's cup of tea...like you have said you can lose an arm or finger very easily...

But it is similar to any other manufacturing job...or farm jobs...or fishing jobs...in fact farm and fishing are much more dangerous...

Yes, compared to a computer programmer the oil roughneck is risking life and limb...

But it is not he death and mangle machine that you insinuated...

The oil and gas industry is one of the highest paying industries around...the O&G business has been booming due to new technical advances and rising prices...

Oklahoma is in a prime position for future growth...with Devon and Chesapeake we have two world class energy heavy hitters...not to mention many other large players...Chesapeake has put out a billion dollar investment to push NG usage in long haul trucking...and that would also move into the auto segment....

http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/1583997.aspx

delhalew
7/23/2011, 01:05 PM
ask anyone that's ever waited a table or cooked on a line if they believed for one second their boss could have paid his employees almost 2k a month and stayed in business.

Apples and oranges. Let be the hundredth person to say you clearly know nothing about the oil/gas industry, and even less about economic drivers.

Every business owner, lawyer, and bus boy in oklahoma owes their livelihood to the oil patch.

delhalew
7/23/2011, 01:07 PM
The numbers sound high too me also....but it sounds like she is catering a more high end product to major companies...you do a couple of big company conferences a month and you could pull in some cash...but I bet it was a long hard road to this point...

Now....

Working a rig is a tough job...not everybody's cup of tea...like you have said you can lose an arm or finger very easily...

But it is similar to any other manufacturing job...or farm jobs...or fishing jobs...in fact farm and fishing are much more dangerous...

Yes, compared to a computer programmer the oil roughneck is risking life and limb...

But it not he death and mangle machine that you insinuated...

The oil and gas industry is one of the highest paying industries around...the O&G business has been booming due to new technical advances and rising prices...

Oklahoma is in a prime position for future growth...with Devon and Chesapeake we have two world class energy heavy hitters...not to mention many other large players...Chesapeake has put out a billion dollar investment to push NG usage in long haul trucking...and that would also move into the auto segment....

http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/1583997.aspx

The hardest thing about the oil field is hours/travel. A man with a family sacrifices a lot. That is the world we live in.

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 01:11 PM
The hardest thing about the oil field is hours/travel. A man with a family sacrifices a lot. That is the world we live in.

Yep...

For 5 or 6 years I traveled on business for 24 weeks a year within North America...only a couple of trips overseas...it was the best 5 years of my career...

Though I was single....

With per diem and mileage if I drove I made a killing...

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:11 PM
hi end product? hell i ran the bar for barry's fine dining place up on hefner before it went tits up (and i'd tell you why, but the dude that did it is already in prison for some other ****)... i've ran sports bars, live music bars, family casual dining places... you name it. dude doesn't know what his mom's pulling in.

i never said oil and gas jobs didn't pay well. peach said oil and gas jobs feed cash into other industries, and i pointed out that the industries he mentioned were low-skill service industries that largely pay ****.

delhalew
7/23/2011, 01:14 PM
hi end product? hell i ran the bar for barry's fine dining place up on hefner before it went tits up (and i'd tell you why, but the dude that did it is already in prison for some other ****)... i've ran sports bars, live music bars, family casual dining places... you name it. dude doesn't know what his mom's pulling in.

i never said oil and gas jobs didn't pay well. peach said oil and gas jobs feed cash into other industries, and i pointed out that the industries he mentioned were low-skill service industries that largely pay ****.

And that's why you are wrong.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:17 PM
And that's why you are wrong.

oh, ya?

Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3299940#post3299940)

which one of these is a high paying industry?

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 01:23 PM

I don't believe I really argued about rate of pay...I just added that to the safety data since is was easily accessible...

Many companies service gas and oil...survey...machine work...welding...land men...trucking...all of those are damn good jobs...not everybody wants that kind of job, you for example, but for a lot of folks they present an opportunity that they can't find in other fields of work...

It is a high end industry...a suburb business that will power the Oklahoma economy for many decades...

If we had Microsoft sitting in Bricktown we could expect to see the Big Macs and Supersonic burgers flying off the shelf as well...

Any industry will pull in some low wage jobs...

pphilfran
7/23/2011, 01:25 PM
oh, ya?

Contractors...environmental clean up...

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:28 PM
Contractors...environmental clean up...

contractors, maybe. environmental clean up doesn't pay all that well.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:33 PM
Every business owner, lawyer, and bus boy in oklahoma owes their livelihood to the oil patch.

thats an ambiguous claim, at best.

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 01:35 PM
what do you do for a living?

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:36 PM
what do you do for a living?

your mom. she pays well.

Serge Ibaka
7/23/2011, 01:38 PM
5th looked like a good thing. And then I saw that we were being beat by Nebraska and both Dakotas.

Yawn. That's weird.

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 01:39 PM
SCORE!!!!!

I'm just trying to figure out where you're coming from. It seems to me that you probably have a degree from USAO in liberal arts and that enables you to despise the wealth it prevents you from obtaining.

That or you still live in your mother's basement.

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 01:40 PM
degree in broadcasting from OU, not being used in my current job. property management. i've had it with the news business. it isn't like it used to be. the 24 hour news cycle has degenerated the whole damn industry into what we call "infotainment" that is designed to pull in viewers by any means possible, instead of serving the public as thier voice.

so ya... after almost 10 years in local news at 3 of our local stations, i'm done with it.

OutlandTrophy
7/23/2011, 01:42 PM
ahhh, so that's why you think every job out ther is a low paying job. Those are the only jobs you are qualified for.

It all makes sense now. Thank you.

ps good luck with your paper route.

tommieharris91
7/25/2011, 02:30 PM

The state powers-that-be are trying to diversify though. The aerospace industry has a lot of pull in OK now. Oil & gas is still king though.

DIB
7/25/2011, 02:36 PM
The state powers-that-be are trying to diversify though. The aerospace industry has a lot of pull in OK now. Oil & gas is still king though.

Financial Services is also growing within the state, unfortunately its success is largely dependent on the other industries within the state.

C&CDean
7/25/2011, 03:59 PM
I just looked in the dictionary under "obtuse idiot" and it just said "warrior princess."

I axed what he did for a living in another thread and he claimed I'd bane him if he told me. So he's a bar back somewhere eh? Hoping to break into a real barkeep job someday. Alas, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. No wonder he's so bitter and unhappy.

Peach Fuzz
7/25/2011, 04:22 PM

You still talking out your ***? sheesh... if you make 300k+ catoring to big oil companies, then you can afford to pay employees 450 a week for 50 hours.. I don't see whats so unbelievable about those numbers... what's next? Do I need to ask her to email me her records wow...

Peach Fuzz
7/25/2011, 04:24 PM
oh, ya?

actually all of those are about 22/hr starting off. I would know I do contracting for chesapeake...except the running a motel, which is probably what you would know more about.

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 04:29 PM
You still talking out your ***? sheesh... if you make 300k+ catoring to big oil companies, then you can afford to pay employees 450 a week for 50 hours.. I don't see whats so unbelievable about those numbers... what's next? Do I need to ask her to email me her records wow...

there is no way you could cover that labor cost in food service.

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 04:30 PM
I just looked in the dictionary under "obtuse idiot" and it just said "warrior princess."

I axed what he did for a living in another thread and he claimed I'd bane him if he told me. So he's a bar back somewhere eh? Hoping to break into a real barkeep job someday. Alas, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. No wonder he's so bitter and unhappy.

i havn't tended a bar in over 10 years.

and what i'm mostly bitter and unhappy about these days is retired government employees livin fat off the taxpayers...

SanJoaquinSooner
7/25/2011, 04:36 PM
actually all of those are about 22/hr starting off. I would know I do contracting for chesapeake...except the running a motel, which is probably what you would know more about.

I've read that one can make triple in catering what one makes working in a restaurant.

but to clarify, isn't an independent contract for catering per job rather than per hour? I would think you contract with a caterer per job and then the caterer pays his/her employees per hour but not directly determined by the independent contract.

WichitaSooner
7/25/2011, 04:36 PM

and what i'm mostly bitter and unhappy about these days is retired government employees livin fat off the taxpayers...

Actually most government workers were stupid enough to get "bought out" of their good retirement back in the early 80's. But, there are a few that will be getting 80% of the average of their top 3 salary years, every year for the rest of their life...

And the one's that DID get bought out will be working the front door at a walmart near you... but even THEY get more than minimum wage.

C&CDean
7/25/2011, 07:34 PM

Good. Anything I can do to make a poser miserable makes me feel better. Only problem is, I ain't livin' off the taxpayers. I'm livin' off the stamp buyers. How many ****ing times do I have to tell your ignorant ***?

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 07:42 PM
Good. Anything I can do to make a poser miserable makes me feel better. Only problem is, I ain't livin' off the taxpayers. I'm livin' off the stamp buyers. How many ****ing times do I have to tell your ignorant ***?

The Postal Service pension fund is not made up of tax dollars. The two funding streams
are the employees’ own money and money collected from postage sales, with inflated
prices as a result of the $75 billion overpayment.

thank you, usps pensioneers.

C&CDean
7/25/2011, 08:00 PM
Cut. Paste. Without the whole deal. You're a tool's tool. What Marine Division did you serve in? Private Pyle's Homosexual Battalion? Give me a single reason why I shouldn't send you to Bolivia? Just one...cause nobody else has got your POS back.

OutlandTrophy
7/25/2011, 08:45 PM
he's an expert on food service things, maybe he was a cook in the Corps?

SoonerBorn68
7/25/2011, 08:51 PM
occasionally? oil field jobs are some of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

Spoken like a person who knows nothing about the industry.

SoonerBorn68
7/25/2011, 09:05 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the post. I've been out on the rig 53 out of the last 56 days. I miss a bunch at home.

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 09:12 PM

i thought you said you were on the civil service retirement plan...

GKeeper316
7/25/2011, 09:32 PM
Cut. Paste. Without the whole deal. You're a tool's tool. What Marine Division did you serve in? Private Pyle's Homosexual Battalion? Give me a single reason why I shouldn't send you to Bolivia? Just one...cause nobody else has got your POS back.

and the marines send any pillowbiters we identify to the airborne... you were airborne, right?

Peach Fuzz
7/25/2011, 11:07 PM
I've read that one can make triple in catering what one makes working in a restaurant.

but to clarify, isn't an independent contract for catering per job rather than per hour? I would think you contract with a caterer per job and then the caterer pays his/her employees per hour but not directly determined by the independent contract.

From what I understand, they are given salary because they are hooked up 6 days a week. I think she used to pay by the hour but her employees need more money for bills or something and they work pretty hard. Gk, just because you failed in the food industry doesn't mean others suck so bad at it...

JDMT
7/26/2011, 01:25 PM
Anybody else like Jack in the Box tacos?