PDA

View Full Version : CCB Plan a BIG HIT with American Adults

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/22/2011, 12:45 PM
from another person, on another message board:

Americans OVERWHELMINGLY support CCB, according to CNN poll and they don't want you to know it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I posted in another thread... both of these stories need to be forwarded on, to every person you know, regardless of their political stripes. It'll further put the libs in a tizzy and let like-minded individuals know, we're winning this war

CCB bill gets 2-1 approval among adults in CNN poll

Tina touched on this in the previous post, but it’s important enough to look into the numbers. Harry Reid might consider the Cut, Cap, and Balance Act the worst piece of legislation in the history of, well, legislation, but he doesn’t get much company among American adults. In the latest CNN poll, two-thirds of voters favor the idea of tying a raise in the debt ceiling to spending caps and a balanced budget amendment, and this isn’t a survey of conservative-leaning likely voters, either. However, if you expect the CNN story about its own poll to highlight this result, then you obviously haven’t been reading CNN long (via Poor Richard’s News):

Quote:
Americans are hungry for a solution to the debt ceiling debate but there is a big partisan divide that isn’t going to make a solution easy to achieve, according to a new national survey.

And a CNN/ORC International Poll also indicates that while Democrats and independent voters are open to a number of different approaches, Republicans draw the line at tax increases, and many of them oppose raising the nation’s debt ceiling under any circumstances.

“That may create a problem for the Republican party, because most Americans think that GOP has been acting irresponsibly in the debt ceiling talks and they will blame congressional Republicans, not President Barack Obama, if no action is taken on the debt ceiling by August 2,” says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

One has to go thirteen paragraphs into the story to find CNN addressing this at all:
Quote:
Republicans like the “cut, cap, and balance” approach to the debt ceiling, as do Democrats and independents. Most Americans support a balanced budget amendment, and most, but not as many, think an amendment is necessary to get federal spending under control. A balanced budget amendment passed the House earlier this week, but a vote in the Senate is expected to fail.

Er, yeah. In other words, a consensus exists across all political lines that the CCB/BBA approach would be a good idea. (emphasis mine - SCBR) When one scrolls down to the crosstab sections of the raw data, the consensus becomes very, very clear. The CCB/BBA approach wins majorities in every single demographic — including self-described liberals. Sixty-three percent of Democrats back the House bill. The least supportive age demographic is 50-64YOs at 62/37; the least supportive regional demographic is the Midwest at 61/39. Even those who express opposition to the Tea Party supports it 53/47.

In other words, it’s a clean sweep. Simply put, there is no political demographic at all where the CCB/BBA doesn’t get majority support. The BBA on its own does even better. It gets 3-1 support (74/24), and except for those Tea Party opponents (56%) and self-professed liberals (61/37), doesn’t get below 70% support in any demographic.

Guess what doesn’t get much support? The McConnell plan. Respondents rejected the idea of letting Obama raise the debt ceiling on his own, 34/65. Not one single demographic supports the idea, not even Democrats (40/60) or liberals (34/65).

To quote Barack Obama, the American people are sold — on the Republican plan passed in the House to deal with the debt-ceiling and spending crises. Too bad CNN buried the lede(lead).

3rdgensooner
7/22/2011, 12:53 PM
It'll further put the libs in a tizzy and let like-minded individuals know, we're winning this war I wait with bated breath for the tizzy. I hope it lives up to the hype.

tommieharris91
7/22/2011, 12:54 PM
I'm totally in a tizzy.

mgsooner
7/22/2011, 01:42 PM
How do Latvian adults feel about it?

OhU1
7/22/2011, 01:46 PM
"THEY don't want you to know about it."

Oooh, sounds sinister!

The
7/22/2011, 01:47 PM
"THEY don't want you to know about it."

Oooh, sounds sinister!

DAMN YOU, THEY!

Aldebaran
7/22/2011, 01:48 PM
Thy will be done.

diverdog
7/22/2011, 01:53 PM
Most American voters are stupid. This plan is a disaster and does not take into account the number of baby boomers collecting benefits in the future or the ongoing gwot or increases in interest rates on the nations debt.

sappstuf
7/22/2011, 02:02 PM
Most American voters are stupid. This plan is a disaster and does not take into account the number of baby boomers collecting benefits in the future or the ongoing gwot or increases in interest rates on the nations debt.

And the Dem's plan does because..... Oh wait.. They don't have one.

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 02:06 PM

The dems not having a plan does not make CCB a viable option...

sappstuf
7/22/2011, 02:11 PM

The bill could have been debated, changed up and voted on and if passed, tossed back down to the House for reconciliation. You cannot reconcil from nothing, which is the Dem's plan. You must start somewhere. The Dems obviously do not know where to start.

Ryan's plan is still out there waiting for a vote from the Senate.. It wasn't near as extreme as CCB.

JohnnyMack
7/22/2011, 02:26 PM
Haha!

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 02:26 PM
The bill could have been debated, changed up and voted on and if passed, tossed back down to the House for reconciliation. You cannot reconcil from nothing, which is the Dem's plan. You must start somewhere. The Dems obviously do not know where to start.

Ryan's plan is still out there waiting for a vote from the Senate.. It wasn't near as extreme as CCB.

I can buy that...

okie52
7/22/2011, 02:52 PM

What made this plan non-viable? (I really don't know much about it but when I hear "balanced budget" except for time of war I usually like it).

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 03:19 PM
What made this plan non-viable? (I really don't know much about it but when I hear "balanced budget" except for time of war I usually like it).

Not just in war time...we hit a recession and revenue drops by 25%...should we cut spending 25% to keep things balanced?

I think the plan will limit spending to 18% of GDP on a yearly basis within 5 years or so....some years they will have to exceed that amount...

I also firmly believe that without increases in revenue will not be able to slow the growth of the debt...just the servicing of the debt will eat our lunch in a decade...

We need to pull 20% of GDP for a period of time...

Hell, this years revenue will not support Human Resource spending alone...much less defense, interest, and all the other categories...think about that...human resource spending eats up every single cent of revenue, plus another 10%...

We knew 20 years ago that Medicare, SS, Defense, and the interest were a problem...yet we ignored them all....and now it is far too late for simple and easy on the pocketbook solutions...

We are in deep chit...only radical cuts in spending and a 20% increase in normal revenue to 20% of GDP will save us....

sappstuf
7/22/2011, 03:28 PM
Not just in war time...we hit a recession and revenue drops by 25%...should we cut spending 25% to keep things balanced?

I think the plan will limit spending to 18% of GDP on a yearly basis within 5 years or so....some years they will have to exceed that amount...

I also firmly believe that without increases in revenue will not be able to slow the growth of the debt...just the servicing of the debt will eat our lunch in a decade...

Hell, this years revenue will not support Human Resource spending alone...much less defense, interest, and all the other categories...think about that...human resource spending eats up every single cent of revenue, plus another 10%...

We knew 20 years ago that Medicare, SS, Defense, and the interest were a problem...yet we ignored them all....and now it is far too late for simple and easy on the pocketbook solutions...

We are in deep chit...only radical cuts in spending and a 20% increase in normal revenue to 20% of GDP will save us....

There are safety valves in CCB.

In a time of war, a simple majority of both houses must approve overspending.

Any other time and a 2/3 majority must approve it.

okie52
7/22/2011, 03:34 PM

And how are you going to do that?

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 03:50 PM
And how are you going to do that?

Raise SS limit to 140k....raise the age by 2 years over the next five years...

Reduce military spending by 2 or 3% a year...close many offshore bases and bring em home and spend the support money here instead of overseas...

Eliminate tax loopholes...child deduction gone...mortgage deduction limits, nothing on a second home, limited on 1st home...raise stcg rate...everybody will pay some income tax...may be only a 100 bucks to some people but everyone will pay some income tax...go back to the Clinton bracket for a little bit of revenue...simplify the tax code with the goal to eliminate H&R Block and others....

Expand US NG and crude production...back the Chesapeake NG plan...that will slow the flow of money going overseas...raise the gas tax a buck over 5 years...keep diesel tax rate the same...

A bunch of other chit but I would be assassinated before implementation...

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 03:51 PM
There are safety valves in CCB.

In a time of war, a simple majority of both houses must approve overspending.

Any other time and a 2/3 majority must approve it.

The vote will be after the fact...if DC acted with a sense of urgency I might believe it...but they hauled azz this year with a crisis on hand....

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 03:53 PM

lewis black said it best... the republican party is the party of bad ideas and the democratic party is the party of no ideas...

the republican stands up in conress and yells "I've got a really ****ty idea"! and the the democrat jumps up and yells "And I can make it ****tier"!

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 03:54 PM
lewis black said it best... the republican party is the party of bad ideas and the democratic party is the party of no ideas...

the republican stands up in conress and yells "I've got a really ****ty idea"! and the the democrat jumps up and yells "And I can make it ****tier"!

True

tommieharris91
7/22/2011, 03:59 PM
As expected, government cares a lot more about the debt than the citizens or Wall Street do.

The disappearance of unemployment from elite policy discourse and its replacement by deficit panic has been truly remarkable. It’s not a response to public opinion. In a recent CBS News/New York Times poll, 53 percent of the public named the economy and jobs as the most important problem we face, while only 7 percent named the deficit. Nor is it a response to market pressure. Interest rates on U.S. debt remain near historic lows.

If only they were spending time finding some way of getting corporations to use the cash that they're sitting on, or hire people to say... fix Oklahoma's roads, or, y'know, get people working at ****, instead of wrestle with boogeymen...

okie52
7/22/2011, 04:03 PM

Reduce military spending by 2 or 3% a year...close many offshore bases and bring em home and spend the support money here instead of overseas...

Eliminate tax loopholes...child deduction gone...mortgage deduction limits, nothing on a second home, limited on 1st home...raise stcg rate...everybody will pay some income tax...may be only a 100 bucks to some people but everyone will pay some income tax...go back to the Clinton bracket for a little bit of revenue...simplify the tax code with the goal to eliminate H&R Block and others....

Expand US NG and crude production...back the Chesapeake NG plan...that will slow the flow of money going overseas...raise the gas tax a buck over 5 years...keep diesel tax rate the same...

You know I like those ideas....sadly I hardly ever hear them mentioned in any legislation.

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 04:06 PM

i disagree with eliminating the child deduction (and i don't have kids) and the mortgage deduction limits... both would discourage home buying.

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 04:16 PM
As expected, government cares a lot more about the debt than the citizens or Wall Street do.

If only they were spending time finding some way of getting corporations to use the cash that they're sitting on, or hire people to say... fix Oklahoma's roads, or, y'know, get people working at ****, instead of wrestle with boogeymen...

If we don't show a plan that realistically reduces the debt the ratings on our bonds will drop...interest rates will then climb....and we will be screwed over the long term...if we are not careful within 10 years we will be spending over a trillion dollars a year servicing the debt...at current rates by 2016 we will be paying 562 billion a year to service the debt (more than double the cost of 2011 debt servicing of 206 billion ...

The only reason interest rates are so low is because we are buying our own bonds by adding to the money supply...QE1 and QE2....

Currently GDP growth is slowing...car sales are slowing...I fear a double dip recession....

Does this GDP chart look promising?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/iindelecproduction.jpg

Does this unemployment chart look promising?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/unemploy1981vs200814.jpg

Does this auto sales chart look promising?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/totalvehiclesales16.jpg

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 04:16 PM
i disagree with eliminating the child deduction (and i don't have kids) and the mortgage deduction limits... both would discourage home buying.

You can't do it all at once...it has to be gradual...

texaspokieokie
7/22/2011, 04:19 PM
they can **** it up all @ once.

(they didn't, but they could)

hawaii 5-0
7/22/2011, 04:21 PM
The Repubs fault is that they didn't name their sorry azz bill the Everyone Gets a Nice Job and Goes Home Happy Bill.

5-0

Trump/ Spinner 2012

pphilfran
7/22/2011, 04:23 PM
The Repubs fault is that they didn't name their sorry azz bill the Everyone Gets a Nice Job and Goes Home Happy Bill.

5-0

Trump/ Spinner 2012

:D

okie52
7/22/2011, 04:31 PM

Child deduction should be definitely eliminated...subsidizing people for having kids is insane.