PDA

View Full Version : Leadership Conversations: Landry Jones

SoonerofAlabama
7/22/2011, 12:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6774137

Landry Jones talks with Urban Meyer about his leadership role with Oklahoma, lending a helping hand in Haiti, and the loss of teammate Austin Box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the interview that will be shown on College Football Live later today.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/22/2011, 02:29 PM
It's tuff talking about Box, brings a tear to the eye and a lump in the throat...

R.I.P BOX!!!:(

Flagstaffsooner
7/22/2011, 02:52 PM
Why is Urban doing Leadership Conversations? I quit, no I dont, yes I do...:rolleyes:

bettersoonerthenlater
7/22/2011, 02:56 PM
seriously hard to even watch man landry is unreal the guy has grown up before our eyes...now where is everyone that was screaming to bench him his freshman year? this guy is not sam and never will be but damn we are lucky to have him! lets win this one for box boys!

madillsoonerfan5353
7/22/2011, 02:58 PM
He is not Sam, and at the end of the day Landry could end up being the BEST QB in SOONER history!

:gary:

bettersoonerthenlater
7/22/2011, 03:03 PM
He is not Sam, and at the end of the day Landry could end up being the BEST QB in SOONER history!

agreed! 100%

SyN
7/22/2011, 04:22 PM
Just watched the interview... The young man is 100% genuine...We are so blessed too have him within the OU Family... I even teared up when they talked about Box...

tcrb
7/22/2011, 05:41 PM

I began to believe this mid-season last year when LJ's stats began closing in on Sam's.

Blue
7/22/2011, 05:55 PM
Just watched on Sportcenter. Good stuff.

sidenote. SC anchor goes on to say, "Ou has a trip to Austin to play Texas."

How can you work at ESPN and not know where that game is played every year?

BrockLanders
7/22/2011, 07:23 PM
Landry can dance, play guitar and dunk. He's cool.

KBoomer11
7/22/2011, 09:09 PM

Uhhh... really? Not hating on Landry but it's way too early to be throwing him into this convo. Might as well say at the end of the day Blake Bell could be best ever.

yankee
7/22/2011, 09:40 PM
Uhhh... really? Not hating on Landry but it's way too early to be throwing him into this convo. Might as well say at the end of the day Blake Bell could be best ever.

Except Blake Bell isn't on the verge of breaking numerous school records. D'oh!

MyT Oklahoma
7/22/2011, 10:26 PM
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Rest In Peace Austin.

northspeter
7/22/2011, 11:26 PM
landry is a very impressive young man...

OKC-SLC
7/22/2011, 11:57 PM
Good kid.

We always seem to have character guys in the more public roles on this team with Stoops.

OU-HSV
7/23/2011, 11:35 AM
Good stuff. Does anyone know if that is the full version of this interview? I saw that it was supposed to show on ESPN last week, but I forgot to DVR it.

goingoneight
7/25/2011, 08:05 PM
It does seem like that's only a small clip of a bigger interview.

I never understood why it was people used to be so down on LJ. You need look no farther than Austin to know what a junior QB could look like.

d.stOUgh
7/26/2011, 02:23 AM
Except Blake Bell isn't on the verge of breaking numerous school records. D'oh!

I remember when Sam Bradfords name was not mentioned much as a possible starter.

a three star recruit...we all know what he did!

It's the same with LJ.

I never thought he would be the future for OU Q.B.'s, after Sam got hurt...

The best player will play at OU!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

budbarrybob
7/26/2011, 03:17 AM

This might be the "Most Uniformed Post of the Year" winna!