PDA

View Full Version : anthony kim's thoughts about OU's #1 pre-sesaon ranking...

phislammajamma
7/22/2011, 11:19 AM
"As it should be."

did anyone catch this interview on the golf channel yesterday? good stuff.

KantoSooner
7/22/2011, 11:21 AM
I'm liking me some Anthony.

WE ARE dirtburglars
7/22/2011, 11:22 AM
I love that guy.

SoonerNomad
7/22/2011, 11:39 AM
He's a great talent and I love the Sooner support from someone inside the Sooner family. I keep thinking he will start winning big tourneys but I have heard he likes the night life a little too much. Maybe he will mature soon.

ouleaf
7/22/2011, 11:40 AM
Glad he's showing some Sooner Pride, and definitely root for him as he is one of the handful of PGA guys that reside in the Metroplex.

He hasn't had a great year on tour this year. Made the cut in about half of the tourneys w/ just 2 top 10 finishes, and no wins yet. Had a nice showing at the British, so hopefully he can carry that momentum and finish out the season strong. Bridgestone is up next in a couple of weeks followed by the PGA championship. I'd imagine he'd also play at The Barclays, The Deutsche Bank, and the BMW Championship

The Maestro
7/22/2011, 11:56 AM
He needs to lose the mullet. And start winning again.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/22/2011, 12:16 PM
He had thumb surgery which is a bitch in regards to a golf swing. He'll come around

The Maestro
7/22/2011, 12:18 PM
He had thumb surgery which is a bitch in regards to a golf swing. He'll come around

I hope. Love the guy, his game, his attitude and the fact he is a diehard Sooner.

But the thumb doesn't excuse the mullet. ;)

picasso
7/22/2011, 12:22 PM
He's a great talent and I love the Sooner support from someone inside the Sooner family. I keep thinking he will start winning big tourneys but I have heard he likes the night life a little too much. Maybe he will mature soon.

What Boomah said.

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 12:24 PM
ya wrist injuries are a bitch in golf... hit one ball fat early in a round and aggrivate it, your whole day's ****ed.

Frisco
7/22/2011, 08:20 PM
AK's problem isn't his thumb. It's his head. He's not focused on the game. He's enjoying the life of a touring pro instead. I can't blame him but something's gotta give before he's going to be in contention to win tournaments.

CowboyMRW
7/22/2011, 08:23 PM
This guy is still on the Tour? Haven't heard a thing about him in like 3 years

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/22/2011, 09:09 PM

He's been out of the game for basically a year. You obviously don't own a tv if you think he's been gone for three years.

He, unlike Rickie Fowler has actually won a tournament. For whatever reason people are amazed by a guy that hasn't won jack ****.

SoonerinLondon
7/22/2011, 09:15 PM
Gotta love a guy who only picked his university because of their football team. Beautiful.

SoonerHoops
7/22/2011, 09:23 PM

Maybe you should pay more attention, considering he had a top 5 finish at the British last week.

King Crimson
7/23/2011, 01:39 AM
he looked better on TV at St. Georges (and played pretty well)....but he looked pretty chubby in person at Congressional. i did see him make a ridiculous par on #4 on Thursday at the Cong. he drives 40 yards out of the fairway, hits a punch shot all the way across the fairway into the opposite rough. hits a mid iron (7ish) about 10 feet. drain it. par. no biggie.

i watched 15-20 guys play that hole. weren't a lot of people hitting it close.

AlbqSooner
7/23/2011, 07:33 AM
He's enjoying the life of a touring pro instead. I can't blame him but something's gotta give before he's going to be in contention to win tournaments.

Not to worry. When John Daly retires as his personal life mentor, he will win more.;)

GKeeper316
7/23/2011, 09:14 AM
i would pay john daly to be my life coach.

goingoneight
7/25/2011, 08:45 PM
How long before Sammy is playing in one of those celebrity golf tourneys? I bet he could take Romo. :D