PDA

View Full Version : OUDavid1's Way To Early Predictions

oudavid1
7/21/2011, 11:51 PM
All of this my opinions. Some you wont like. Some you wont care about.
But I'm doing this now before I forget.

1. Ronnell Lewis will probably not play this year and if he does he will not even be that good.
2. We Will run the ball a lot better this year and Landry will have less INTs and about the same TDs.
3. Jamell Flemming will start at corner by the second game.
4. Run defense will improve from last year, pass defense will be about the same.
5. We will beat Texas by more than 20 points in Dallas.

Lets see how bad I fail.

agoo758
7/21/2011, 11:55 PM
I will agree with you that Ronnel has had a lot of undeserved hype.

And we will be texas by 60+ bank it.

The Maestro
7/22/2011, 12:00 AM

1. Ronnell Lewis will probably not play this year and if he does he will not even be that good.
2. We Will run the ball a lot better this year and Landry will have less INTs and about the same TDs.
4. Run defense will improve from last year, pass defense will be about the same.

Lets see how bad I fail.

Did Ronnell steal your steak fingers in 8th grade lunch? To me, he is the Torrance Marshall X factor we have been missing...remember how smart Reynolds and Wort were? That's great...be a friggin' playmaker.

We play texas in Dallas?!??! I know...nitpickin'.

You're predictions were this bold...

OU WILL WEAR RED AT HOME! BOOK IT!

The Maestro
7/22/2011, 12:00 AM

Lets see how bad I fail.

Did Ronnell steal your steak fingers in 8th grade lunch? To me, he is the Torrance Marshall X factor we have been missing...remember how smart Reynolds and Wort were? That's great...be a friggin' playmaker.

We play texas in Dallas?!??! I know...nitpickin'.

Your predictions were this bold...

OU WILL WEAR RED AT HOME! BOOK IT!

sooner59
7/22/2011, 12:10 AM
I don't care how good Ronnell is. I just hope he hurts people on a regular basis. (note: I did not say injure. I said "hurt")

En_Fuego
7/22/2011, 12:29 AM
I hope we run the ball better this year. :pop:

agoo758
7/22/2011, 12:36 AM
Fire SmellsofBourbon if he wins less than 14 games this year.

Sooner_Tuf
7/22/2011, 12:55 AM

Ronnell is going to start at DE as far as I know :confused:

I think you are mistaken. He has a pretty good nose for the ball and really good acceleration for a big guy. I wouldn't want him chasing me around the backfield if I were a QB.

He's one of the hardest hitters we have had since Roy Williams and Brandon Everage were in Norman.

I think he will do better than OK for sure.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/22/2011, 12:58 AM
Ronnel has been cleared

SoonerofAlabama
7/22/2011, 01:05 AM
Ronnel has been cleared

Is it news yet, or still rumor?

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/22/2011, 01:22 AM
Is it news yet, or still rumor?

Read it on another board who stole it from Rivals

Illuminati
7/22/2011, 01:33 AM
Roy Finch and Brennan Clay will be a great one two punch. book it

Joe
7/22/2011, 01:33 AM
1. We Will run the ball a lot better this year and Landry will have less INTs and about the same TDs.

Those 3 things are the top 3 things that have to improve if we want to win a NC (specifically with LJ: throwing picks in the RZ.) Also a bit of luck, no major injuries (luck?), and staying focused during games we should win.

OU Engineer
7/22/2011, 06:25 AM
Too*

That is all.

Ruf/Nek7
7/22/2011, 08:14 AM
We can't forget where Ronnell is coming from. The guy played 6 man football, which is nowhere close to the 11 man game. I think moving him to DE really helps him improve. There are less responsibilities and for the exception of zone blitzes, he won't have to cover anyone. It gives him the green light to drop a shoulder into some one.

And Flemming better be starting by fsu..greg reid will need to be locked down for us to win

madillsoonerfan5353
7/22/2011, 08:23 AM
We can't forget where Ronnell is coming from. The guy played 6 man football, which is nowhere close to the 11 man game. I think moving him to DE really helps him improve. There are less responsibilities and for the exception of zone blitzes, he won't have to cover anyone. It gives him the green light to drop a shoulder into some one.

And Flemming better be starting by fsu..greg reid will need to be locked down for us to win

I don't think this kid will do anything other then run his mouth, and give us locker room material... Just because he had a kick return against Samford he was going to run wild on us, he had like what 47 total yards.

:gary:

soonerbub
7/22/2011, 08:45 AM
My prediction: the Hammer will be drafted no later than 2nd rd

The man's a MENACE!!!

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1566529/45074_Utah_St_Oklahoma_Football.jpg

XingTheRubicon
7/22/2011, 09:50 AM
i thought greg reid was a d back

SoonerNutt
7/22/2011, 09:50 AM
When Hammer was moved to DE last year, IMO it was the turning point for our D. That along with Box getting healthy. RL wasn't ready to be a LB running around making alot of decisions, but he is too much of a freak to keep off the field, so DE was a good fit. Less ambiguity about what his assignment is on each play, and many times he is allowed to pin his ears back and attack without hesitation.

I think alot of us are kind of dogging him because we though he wasn't going to be eligible (just like we dog recruits who choose to go elsewhere..."we didn't really want that guy anyway!") But make no mistake, we are better off with this guy on our team. He is most likely the hardest hitting DE in college football, and opposing RBs and QBs will be keenly aware of it.

SoonerNutt
7/22/2011, 09:51 AM
i thought greg reid was a d bag

FIFY

picasso
7/22/2011, 09:56 AM
When Hammer was moved to DE last year, IMO it was the turning point for our D. That along with Box getting healthy. RL wasn't ready to be a LB running around making alot of decisions, but he is too much of a freak to keep off the field, so DE was a good fit. Less ambiguity about what his assignment is on each play, and many times he is allowed to pin his ears back and attack without hesitation.

I think alot of us are kind of dogging him because we though he wasn't going to be eligible (just like we dog recruits who choose to go elsewhere..."we didn't really want that guy anyway!") But make no mistake, we are better off with this guy on our team. He is most likely the hardest hitting DE in college football, and opposing RBs and QBs will be keenly aware of it.

yes

Dwight
7/22/2011, 10:44 AM
I predict that Brandon Williams will be the starter by the end of the season.

ouwasp
7/22/2011, 11:05 AM
I predict...

The OU o-line will finally play assertive.

Mike LB will continue to be a concern.

Bob will get irritated with the press at some point.

T Boone will be sorely disappointed.

cvsooner
7/22/2011, 11:40 AM
I just want to fix the mid-range pass open over the middle on our D, and cover kickoffs so there are no 100 yard returns.

MyT Oklahoma
7/22/2011, 12:40 PM
^^ How could we ever forget our kickoff coverage? It's been highlight film material for way too many of our opponents. :mad:

Whet
12/21/2011, 01:22 AM

Lets see how bad I fail.

Well, I do see some fail in this prediction.
#1 - fail
#2 - big fail
#3 - bingo
#4 - fail, fail
#5 - bingo

sooneredaco
12/21/2011, 01:37 AM
Well, I do see some fail in this prediction.
#1 - fail
#2 - big fail
#3 - bingo
#4 - fail, fail
#5 - bingo

Wonder how I would have done at this? I'd hope better than 40% but not too sure.

Salt City Sooner
12/21/2011, 01:49 AM
1. Whoops.
2. We did run the ball significantly better than last year, & that was even w/o our best back for the last 4 games. Whoops on LJ though.
3. Truth
4. Run D was slightly better than last year. Pass D; uh, not so much
5. See # 3.

Seamus
12/21/2011, 02:05 AM
I predict that Brandon Williams will be the starter by the end of the season.

http://files.sharenator.com/PWNED_RE_13_Year_Old_Called_a_Slut_s296x292_45785_ Mens_Rights-s296x292-59338-580.jpg

En_Fuego
12/21/2011, 02:21 AM
:gary:

budbarrybob
12/21/2011, 02:46 AM
Keep the comedy up OUDAVID

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 03:24 AM

1. Ronnell Lewis will probably not play this year and if he does he will not even be that good. He was decent
2. We Will run the ball a lot better this year and Landry will have less INTs and about the same TDs. We ran better, wrong on LJ tho
3. Jamell Flemming will start at corner by the second game. Bingo
4. Run defense will improve from last year, pass defense will be about the same. Got this one
5. We will beat Texas by more than 20 points in Dallas. And boom

Lets see how bad I fail.

4/5. But I am biased. :D

Forgot about this thread.

OULenexaman
12/21/2011, 10:15 AM
not too bad....so for 2012 will the Mayan's be right?

swardboy
12/21/2011, 10:36 AM
not too bad....so for 2012 will the Mayan's be right?

AP's Coach of the Year is Lester....it has to be the end of the world as we know it.

jk the sooner fan
12/21/2011, 11:33 AM
Lewis was just "decent"?

wow......

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 01:35 PM
Lewis was just "decent"?

wow......

Second team All Big-12. He is good. Not great.

OULenexaman
12/21/2011, 01:59 PM
At the next level Lewis is a ST coach's dream.

jk the sooner fan
12/21/2011, 02:11 PM
Second team All Big-12. He is good. Not great.

he is much better than good........i dont know what you were watching

all big 12 honors rarely mean squat

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 02:12 PM
he is much better than good........i dont know what you were watching

all big 12 honors rarely mean squat

He best talent was being opposite Frank Alexander. He was a decent/good player. But he didnt have a major impact this year. Did his job. Not much else.

starclassic tama
12/21/2011, 02:18 PM
i wonder how he got a big 12 defensive player of the week without having a major impact. that's hard to do

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 02:25 PM
i wonder how he got a big 12 defensive player of the week without having a major impact. that's hard to do

Im sure these 50 guys have done it before too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_DE

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2011, 02:50 PM
Oh David, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt usually, but you are dead wrong on this one...

Also, you are looking at the wrong list...He isn't a DE prospect, he is a OLB prospect

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_OLB

picasso
12/21/2011, 02:50 PM
Lewis was just "decent"?

wow......
Consider the source my friend.

starclassic tama
12/21/2011, 02:51 PM
what's your point? ronnell made a lot of plays this season, not to mention overcoming injury. he definitely made a big impact on the defense

picasso
12/21/2011, 02:52 PM
David doesn't realize we still haven't tackled the current Heisman winner since Ronnell went down.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/21/2011, 02:55 PM
He best talent was being opposite Frank Alexander. He was a decent/good player. But he didnt have a major impact this year. Did his job. Not much else.

He never made All-American or anything but he truly gave it his all every game and made some plays. He was definitely a whole lot better than "decent" in my book.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2010/0828/ncf_photo14_288.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2011/0906/rn_i_ronnelllewis_2_ms_300.jpg
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/photo_images/1133283/45074_Utah_St_Oklahoma_Football.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Collin+Klein+Oklahoma+v+Kansas+State+e4pIdMeAGHFl. jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1008/ncf_a_dash_jh_600.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/338/192/107331988_crop_650x440.jpg?1314898889

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 06:06 PM
Oh David, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt usually, but you are dead wrong on this one...

Also, you are looking at the wrong list...He isn't a DE prospect, he is a OLB prospect

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_OLB

For the record, I was very excited for him at OLB. But I said he was decent. I was talking about at the position he played. Which was DE, which he wasnt great at. Wast great, wasnt bad, decent.

what's your point? ronnell made a lot of plays this season, not to mention overcoming injury. he definitely made a big impact on the defense

He made plays, so did Javon Harris. He overcame injury, so do a lot of people.

PEOPLE: Stop acting like I said he was BAD, I said he was DECENT. He was GOOD at HIS JOB. Never once changed a game from his DE spot.

David doesn't realize we still haven't tackled the current Heisman winner since Ronnell went down.

northspeter
12/21/2011, 06:24 PM

ok, seriously nobody corrected this guy before now??? there is no such thing as 6-man football in oklahoma... ronnell played 8-man thru his junior season... he played 11-man his senior season... which is very close to the 11-man game...

northspeter
12/21/2011, 06:26 PM
and david its ok to admit you were wrong on ronnell... nobody is gonna think any less of you for it... hell, i think i predicted we'd play arkansas or wisconsin in the national title game...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2011, 07:15 PM
For the record, I was very excited for him at OLB. But I said he was decent. I was talking about at the position he played. Which was DE, which he wasnt great at. Wast great, wasnt bad, decent.

He made plays, so did Javon Harris. He overcame injury, so do a lot of people.

PEOPLE: Stop acting like I said he was BAD, I said he was DECENT. He was GOOD at HIS JOB. Never once changed a game from his DE spot.

Wow...You said he was decent and he was much more than that...He created havoc about every time he was on the field...He was an excellent pass rusher for OU with great tackling skill and exceptional speed..

If you want to talk about game changer..how about him chasing down Manuel in the Florida State game to force him out of bounds to save a touchdown..Or when OU was up 20-13 and he sacked the quarterback on 1st down and then tipped the next pass to cause the interception to pretty much seal the game?

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 08:31 PM
and david its ok to admit you were wrong on ronnell... nobody is gonna think any less of you for it... hell, i think i predicted we'd play arkansas or wisconsin in the national title game...

I just think it is closer than the experts think. I was way off on LJ tho.

Wow...You said he was decent and he was much more than that...He created havoc about every time he was on the field...He was an excellent pass rusher for OU with great tackling skill and exceptional speed..

If you want to talk about game changer..how about him chasing down Manuel in the Florida State game to force him out of bounds to save a touchdown..Or when OU was up 20-13 and he sacked the quarterback on 1st down and then tipped the next pass to cause the interception to pretty much seal the game?

Thats a great point. I'll concede he was better than decent. I will not say he was great. Fair?

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:11 PM
Ronnell was a very good player for us this year.

Frustrating the way it turned out, and he'll regret it the rest of his life, but that's the way it goes.

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:11 PM
His best talent was being opposite Frank Alexander.

This isn't accurate. You are discrediting him way too much.

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:16 PM
1. Ronnell Lewis will probably not play this year and if he does he will not even be that good. He was decent
2. We Will run the ball a lot better this year and Landry will have less INTs and about the same TDs. We ran better, wrong on LJ tho
3. Jamell Flemming will start at corner by the second game. Bingo
4. Run defense will improve from last year, pass defense will be about the same. Got this one
5. We will beat Texas by more than 20 points in Dallas. And boom

4/5. But I am biased. :D

Forgot about this thread.

1. Wrong (Ronnell played and was good).
2. Right, Wrong (though Landry's stats were GREAT until Broyles injury).
3. Right
4. Wrong (run defense was no better), Wrong (pass defense was worse). 0-for-2
5. Right

I count 3 out of 7.

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:23 PM
Rush Defense

*Once sacks are taken out of the equation.

2010 - allowed 5.06 ypc, 169 ypg
2011 - allowed 5.13 ypc, 195 ypg

The NCAA counts sacks against rushing totals. Once you look beyond that statistical hurdle, it's clear our rush defense was not better, and probably worse, than last year.

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 11:55 PM
Rush Defense

*Once sacks are taken out of the equation.

2010 - allowed 5.06 ypc, 169 ypg
2011 - allowed 5.13 ypc, 195 ypg

The NCAA counts sacks against rushing totals. Once you look beyond that statistical hurdle, it's clear our rush defense was not better, and probably worse, than last year.

Well F***!

OkieThunderLion
12/21/2011, 11:57 PM
It's okay. I would have been right with you on all your picks. Except the one about Ronnell.

Soonerus
12/21/2011, 11:59 PM
David did pretty good...

oudavid1
12/21/2011, 11:59 PM
It's okay. I would have been right with you on all your picks. Except the one about Ronnell.

Cant believe rush defense didnt improve.

Ground_Attack
12/22/2011, 12:24 AM
who gives a crap. I'll pat you on the back if you'll go away!

starclassic tama
12/22/2011, 10:28 AM
explain how he won a defensive player of the week award but didn't "change a game"

oudavid1
12/22/2011, 03:40 PM
explain how he won a defensive player of the week award but didn't "change a game"

Ok I change my mind, he had a pretty good impact. In my eyes he under-preformed. That is how I should have stated it when i started yapping.