PDA

View Full Version : Dvoracek on The Animal this evening

picasso
7/21/2011, 07:58 PM
Around 6pm Dusty D was on with Traber, Blevins and Rodgers. Said Tommie Harris still has some gas in the tank and will fit in with a team that runs a speed attack.
Said he's been working out at OU with Ah You, Cooper, Joe John and a few others.
Ronnel has impressed him, can't believe he's in college. Said he'll be a terror this year at DE. Said Brent V. loves Corey Nelson. Good stuff.

That's all I can recall with my 42 year old fuzzy memory.:D

picasso
7/21/2011, 08:00 PM
Oh he said he hates two a days, that they're worthless in this day and age with everyone already in prime shape.

SoonerofAlabama
7/21/2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the post. So, Hammer is working out hard and apparently has qualified. Good news. Pretty good list of Sooners right there, too.

LASooner
7/21/2011, 08:44 PM
The thing about 2 a days is that it is as much about mentally getting through it, as it is physical. Helps sort out the head cases before you get to the field.

SoCaliSooner
7/21/2011, 08:57 PM
Is dusty in the NFL?

Memtig14
7/21/2011, 09:09 PM
2-a-days?????????

We used to do 3-a-days.....and didn't get water.

bunch of softies these days!!!

:P

Collier11
7/21/2011, 09:13 PM
Is dusty in the NFL?

I believe he was in the UFL last year after 4 years in NFL, trying to get back in

Partial Qualifier
7/21/2011, 09:32 PM
Around 6pm Dusty D was on with Traber, Blevins and Rodgers. Said Tommie Harris still has some gas in the tank and will fit in with a team that runs a speed attack.
Said he's been working out at OU with Ah You, Cooper, Joe John and a few others.
Ronnel has impressed him, can't believe he's in college. Said he'll be a terror this year at DE. Said Brent V. loves Corey Nelson. Good stuff.

That's all I can recall with my 42 year old fuzzy memory.:D

I caught the tail end of this. Thanks for posting the details

picasso
7/21/2011, 11:06 PM
The thing about 2 a days is that it is as much about mentally getting through it, as it is physical. Helps sort out the head cases before you get to the field.

Yeah he mentioned that but he said they are in meetings 5 to 6 hours a day.

Sooner_Tuf
7/22/2011, 01:00 AM
I wish Dusty had a year of eligibility left. He was a badass in the middle.

SoCaliSooner
7/22/2011, 01:18 AM
I wish Dusty had a year of eligibility left. He was a badass in the middle.

...of a drunken rage..

OUMallen
7/22/2011, 09:34 AM
...of a drunken rage..

...of a crowded bar OR linemen melee...

OUMallen
7/22/2011, 09:39 AM
I love DD's motor and heart, but he used to be such a mess. I was in undergrad when he was and we were at Brother's one night. Teddy Lehman was sort of standing by one of the interior doors with his arms crossed, looking stern with a couple of little hotties talking to him, but he didn't seem concerned.

DD stumbles over to our table, never says a word, but he's swaying a little bit, picks up a lighter off our table, lights his cigarette, puts it back down, sort of does a Fonzi-one-handed point in thanks, and wanders back off. Cool to see Teddy and DD up close and personal, of course. But MAN DD was pretty drunk.

picasso
7/22/2011, 09:41 AM
He's pretty well spoken on the radio. Perhaps he's grown up.

SoonerNomad
7/22/2011, 11:56 AM
This is psychobabble from a million miles away, but he seems like such an enigma. When sober he is charming, hard working dedicated, intelligent and likeable. When drunk he will send one of his best friends to intensive care.

He took advantage of the second chance Coach Stoops didn't have to give him and made it to the NFL, only to be the victim of repeated injuries. I vaguely remember some recent drunken incident in Oklahoma while recovering from those injuries.

Now here he is again, apparently sober and charming and working hard to get back in the league. I hope he makes it.

More than that, I hope he never drinks again.