PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Hewitt grilling? Tom Coburn re Gang of 6

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2011, 07:30 PM
on today' HH show on radio. Dang, I just caught the tail end of it. Anybody got anything to say about the interview?

StoopTroup
7/21/2011, 07:41 PM
I thought it was a gang of 5

87sooner
7/21/2011, 07:43 PM
I thought it was a gang of 5

now what do you think?

AlboSooner
7/21/2011, 07:45 PM
they will for sure save the republic from the chinese overtake fixin' to happen.

87sooner
7/21/2011, 07:53 PM
the chinese are a compassionate people....
if we can't pay them back...we have nothing to worry about

BU BEAR
7/21/2011, 10:04 PM
All our base are belong to them

okie52
7/22/2011, 09:19 AM
Sen. Tom Coburn on Budget Battle: 'We Need Senators with Gonads'

April 13, 2011

Sen.Tom Coburn, R-Oklahma, who is part of a bipartisan effort to address the budget crisis, said real reform is possible if he can find more senators "with gonads"

"Send me some senators who have some gonads," Coburn told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt in an interview late Tuesday.

Coburn talked about the bipartisan plan he is workind out with the Gang of Six -- three Democrats and three Republicans -- to reduce the deficit through steep spending cuts, entitlement reform and increased tax revenues.

The Gang of Six has stayed tight-lipped about their discussions, but Coburn revealed some of the details of their emerging vision.

Sen. Tom Corburn, R-Okla., holds a news conference in this Aug. 3, 2010 file photo. Coburn, who is part of a bi-partisan effort to address the budget crisis, says real reform is possible if he can find more Senators "who have some gonads."Coburn said its plan would include $800 billion in deficit reduction to be agreed upon this year with a commitment of another $3.3 trillion in cuts over the next 10 years. He said 85 percent of that would come from spending cuts, and 15 percent would come from a tax reform plan that would increase tax revenue.

"If I could get a true down payment of around $800 billion this year, with a mandate that we get another $3.3 billion, and 85 percent of it comes from cuts, 15 percent comes from dynamic effects of rate lowering, what would you say to that?" Coburn asked Hewitt.

Hewitt said: "I'd say amen."

"OK, that's what we're trying to work on," said Coburn. "But if I don't get something that good, I won't be going for it."

A Coburn spokesman declined to comment on the status of the negotiations.

7/22/2011, 09:29 AM
"a tax reform plan that would increase tax revenue.

If I could get a true down payment of around $800 billion this year, with a mandate that we get another $3.3 billion, and 85 percent of it comes from cuts, 15 percent comes from dynamic effects of RATE LOWERING,..."-Coburn

What I did hear was Coburn talking about cutting the Defense budget quite a bit, and Hewitt not liking that.
Oh well, it looks that until we see the "administration" curtail spending A LOT, the economy is going to get drearier.

okie52
7/22/2011, 09:38 AM
Anyone that doesn't think defense spending needs to be reduced is insane, Hewitt included.

When you spend 10 times the amount of the next largest military while the country has severe economic problems, you need to change your priorities.

sappstuf
7/22/2011, 09:46 AM
Anyone that doesn't think defense spending needs to be reduced is insane, Hewitt included.

When you spend 10 times the amount of the next largest military while the country has severe economic problems, you need to change your priorities.

After we invade Amerstdam.. Of course I'm sure that is what you meant. ;)

okie52
7/22/2011, 09:49 AM
After we invade Amerstdam.. Of course I'm sure that is what you meant. ;)

I thought I heard that Amsterdam was going to quit sellilng pot/hash to non-citizens....just too much for the foreigners to handle.

sappstuf
7/22/2011, 09:57 AM
I thought I heard that Amsterdam was going to quit sellilng pot/hash to non-citizens....just too much for the foreigners to handle.

Sounds like a great reason to invade!

7/22/2011, 12:59 PM

When you spend 10 times the amount of the next largest military while the country has severe economic problems, you need to change your priorities.Hewitt took issue with the amount of defense cuts, and their exact nature. Nobody in his right mind feels the defense spending CAN'T be cut some. Defense being one of the authorized functions of govt.

soonercruiser
7/22/2011, 01:07 PM

How much has the U.S. military spent on Libya?

I guess that I will go back and look at the Constitution on what the "priorities" should be. (I'm sure that research on the sexual habits of hamsters is in there somewhere!)
:rolleyes:

soonercoop1
7/22/2011, 06:34 PM
Hewitt took issue with the amount of defense cuts, and their exact nature. Nobody in his right mind feels the defense spending CAN'T be cut some. Defense being one of the very few authorized functions of govt.

FIFY