PDA

View Full Version : All-Access: Oklahoma Sooners TV Show!!!!

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 10:49 AM
REMINDER if not posted already ...sticky please.

just like Bama had last year

Last year, ESPN got unprecedented access to Alabama's program in anticipation of the upcoming season.

This year, it's Oklahoma's turn.

The Sooners will be the subject of a two-part "College Football Special: Oklahoma All-Access" series that will be aired as two 30-minute shows beginning on Aug. 23 and as a five-part series on "College Football Live," "SportsCenter" and other ESPN platforms on Aug. 15-19.

From the ESPN release:

Each episode will be presented in the players’ and coaches’ own words as Oklahoma begins its season and what it hopes will be a quest for a national championship. ESPN will go behind-the-scenes to take fans inside the Sooners, both on and off the field.

Can't watch it when it first airs?

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/07/21/oklahoma-all-access-series-to-air-on-espn/
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/30792/all-access-oklahoma-sooners

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 10:52 AM
Oklahoma the Subject for ESPN Feature
Sooners will appear in series focusing on team's preparations for upcoming season.

Oklahoma Football

NORMAN, Okla. -- For the second consecutive year, ESPN will document a top college football program as they prepare for the upcoming season.

College Football Special: Oklahoma All-Access will showcase the Oklahoma Sooners, expected to enter this year as a top-ranked team in various polls, in a one-hour show (August 23) and as a five-part series on College Football Live, SportsCenter and additional ESPN platforms (August 15-19).

Last year, ESPN spotlighted the Alabama Crimson Tide. Oklahoma will provide ESPN with extensive behind-the-scenes access into the inner workings of a college football program by giving viewers an inside look at practices, team meetings and activities, and campus facilities for seven days, beginning Wednesday, Aug. 3. College Football Special: Oklahoma All-Access will air on ESPN as two 30-minute episodes Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 7 p.m. ET and 7:30 p.m.

A five-part special featuring excerpts from the special access will be televised on College Football Live, SportsCenter and additional studio programs August 15-19. Each episode will be presented in the players' and coaches' own words as Oklahoma prepares for its quest for a national championship. ESPN will capture aspects of Oklahoma on and off the field, going behind-the-scenes and delving into what makes this program run on a daily basis.

In 2010, head coach Bob Stoops led Oklahoma to a Big 12 Conference title with a 12-2 record, concluding with a 48-20 victory over Connecticut in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. ESPN has offered viewers similar all-access type segments within SportsCenter, College GameDay Built by The Home Depot, College Football Live and other ESPN shows.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072111aaa.html

WE ARE dirtburglars
7/21/2011, 11:09 AM
Im excited to see this, but man, it seems like it might be a jinx. It sure didnt help Bama out last year.

SoonerNomad
7/21/2011, 11:20 AM
I will watch this and enjoy it, but I don't like it.

I don't believe in jinxes, but I do believe that college kids have a tough time handling this type of additional publicity in a positive manner. The TV coverage becomes the focus of the workouts. The TV coverage becomes the focus of the conversations before and after the workouts. If one of the players does something special or stupid that stands out, then that becomes the focus.

It's not a jinx, but it is a huge distraction.

I can't wait to see it though.

sooner59
7/21/2011, 11:32 AM
We all know that Tulsa should be a beat down. But August will focus on FSU more probably. Either way, we will still get 2 weeks to prepare for FSU. So its not like ESPN will be bothering them while they are trying to prepare for that game. After August, it should all be focus and prep for upcoming teams. I doubt it has that much effect later on unless they enjoy sitting around DVRing themselves and thinking they are superstars. Just tell them to look at Bama last year. Just because you are on TV doesn't mean you will be handed the crystal ball. You have to earn that. They found the same thing out last year about the #1 ranking. They were given it and didn't earn it yet and it was taken from them in less than a week. So this #1 coming into the season doesn't mean jack. At least I hope they can read between the lines. If not, Bob better hook their azz up on phonics!

Ruf/Nek7
7/21/2011, 01:18 PM
So its the college version of Hard Knocks? Cool

PalmBeachSooner
7/21/2011, 01:38 PM
Will ESPN's hate for the Sooners never cease?

NMSooner'80
7/21/2011, 01:39 PM
Will ESPN's hate for the Sooners never cease?

And will Robert Allen and John Holcombe sit down and watch this show together? ;)

MamaMia
7/21/2011, 01:53 PM
What title do I put in on my Direct TV Smart Search to record it?

SoonerofAlabama
7/21/2011, 02:17 PM

I believe last year it was called "Alabama: All-Acess" so I would start with "Oklahoma: All-Access" with or without the "-".

LASooner
7/21/2011, 02:46 PM
The last time OU did something like this with ESPN, they lost to Oklahoma State at home. I hope it is not a distraction.

NorCal Sooner
7/21/2011, 02:58 PM
Is ESPN going to run commercials for the Longhorn Network during All-Access: Oklahoma Sooners?

TheLadiesMike
7/21/2011, 03:05 PM
TV cameras distract our players, it's why we have such a bad record in televised games.

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 03:56 PM
all of our games are televised... but i think your kidding.

northspeter
7/21/2011, 05:05 PM
florida st. also did an all-access with espn last year... it was pertty entertaining watching the coaches meetings and breaking down film and practices...

SoonerMom2
7/21/2011, 06:20 PM
Good recruiting tool -- watch TX and Okie State object!

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 07:20 PM
florida st. also did an all-access with espn last year... it was pertty entertaining watching the coaches meetings and breaking down film and practices...

I thought that was Alabama

Mazeppa
7/21/2011, 08:50 PM
Remind me again when august get's here, I'm pretty old and I forget S***

SoonerofAlabama
7/21/2011, 08:51 PM

Maybe it should be a sticky.

Partial Qualifier
7/21/2011, 09:37 PM
The last time OU did something like this with ESPN, they lost to Oklahoma State at home. I hope it is not a distraction.

I was trying to remember what game it was.. we lost..

They followed Trent Smith out to flight school, I remembered that much

swardboy
7/21/2011, 09:43 PM

Good, I'm not the only one.

MamaMia
7/21/2011, 10:11 PM
Remind me too. My Direct TV doesn't record that far ahead. :P

SoonerofAlabama
7/21/2011, 10:12 PM
Mods, can we make this a sticky thread?

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 11:26 PM
Mods, can we make this a sticky thread?

we aint cool enough :D

SoonerBorn85
8/15/2011, 01:28 AM
Don't forget to set your DVR Ladies and Gentlemen!

NOVSooner
8/15/2011, 07:11 AM
5:30PM EST AND 10:30PM EST!!! Ready to watch this tonight!

SoonerofAlabama
8/15/2011, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the bump, I had no idea the times for it.

SoonerJack
8/15/2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the reminder. 5:30 it is.

bluedogok
8/15/2011, 08:58 AM
It is listed as ESPN All-Access, it showed up on my DVR today.

JLEW1818
8/15/2011, 10:22 AM
yes sir

Sooner Among The Pack
8/15/2011, 10:38 AM
Thx for the heads up, DVR scheduled!

olevetonahill
8/15/2011, 10:52 AM

Are these the same episodes?

NOVSooner
8/15/2011, 11:11 AM
same episodes. i read somewhere where they have a showing tonight and one more showing maybe next week (?) but then just prior to season will air a 1 hour episode (the 2 shows combined) in case folks missed it and can watch it as a 1 hr. special. i'm sure i'll watch each time it's playing!!!

JLEW1818
8/15/2011, 11:13 AM
1. Oklahoma
If you drew up a prototype for a preseason No. 1, you would throw a bunch of young guys in the deep end two years earlier and let them learn to swim. They would struggle to go 8-5, and a year later they would win the (Big 12) league. And now, just look at them -- a playmaker with 24 starts at quarterback (Landry Jones), an All-America wide receiver (Ryan Broyles) and a veteran offensive line. Throw in a true freshman tailback who can contribute immediately (Brandon Williams). On defense, give yourself seven returning starters built around a pair of ballhawking linebackers (Travis Lewis, Tony Jefferson). Schedule your toughest game early (at Florida State) and your toughest conference opponent (Texas A&M) at home. That's the prototype. That, this season, is Oklahoma.
-- Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com senior writer

bluedogok
8/15/2011, 11:19 AM
same episodes. i read somewhere where they have a showing tonight and one more showing maybe next week (?) but then just prior to season will air a 1 hour episode (the 2 shows combined) in case folks missed it and can watch it as a 1 hr. special. i'm sure i'll watch each time it's playing!!!
From what I read the stuff coming on now is excerpts of items that may or may not be on the "full show" next week.

jumperstop
8/15/2011, 04:12 PM
20 min reminder. Watch it or set the dvr.

jumperstop
8/15/2011, 04:38 PM
On now!

Hot Rod
8/15/2011, 04:54 PM
"If Sam Bradford did what Reggie Bush did, you wouldn't see anything that had to do with him here." - Stoops

instigator
8/15/2011, 05:57 PM
"If Sam Bradford did what Reggie Bush did, you wouldn't see anything that had to do with him here." - Stoops

That was an awesome quote!

And what was up with Stills hair?? Jesus.

Hearing Demontre Hurst saying he should have gotten 41 for a number since he's a Mavs fan was ALLsome!

gaylordfan1
8/15/2011, 06:37 PM
Dang.... I missed it, ole well I will wait for the airing at 9:30.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/15/2011, 07:09 PM
That was an awesome quote!

And what was up with Stills hair?? Jesus.

Hearing Demontre Hurst saying he should have gotten 41 for a number since he's a Mavs fan was ALLsome!

Why? Is that how many losing seasons they have had?

SoonerGibb7
8/15/2011, 07:11 PM
I like how Willie Martinez had to ask PL Lindley what his name was.

olevetonahill
8/15/2011, 07:15 PM
Dang.... I missed it, ole well I will wait for the airing at 9:30.

Yea me also to. I did remember to set it to record tho incase i ferget again.
I rarely turn my TeeVee on unless its for Games ;)

SoonerofAlabama
8/15/2011, 08:31 PM
Okay, so I am looking at my guide on my TV and the description says it is "A look at Oklahoma Sooners preseason football activities, featuring coach Mike Stoops." :confused:

HolaKyle
8/15/2011, 09:53 PM
Just finished watching and recorded it to my computer. I'll upload to YouTube overnight and it should be posted by tomorrow morning. I would like to try out some of my new video settings prior to the season.

SoonerofAlabama
8/15/2011, 09:59 PM
HolaKyle, just going to say your videos are awesome and please keep making more. Thanks. :D

instigator
8/15/2011, 11:04 PM
Why? Is that how many losing seasons they have had?

Talking **** about the champs. That's pretty weak.

sooner59
8/15/2011, 11:26 PM
FYI....a new episode is airing every day this week. I already have the DVR set for tomorrow.

Its awesome. I love it. I didn't know much about Martinez, but from what I saw, I like him. Bob is awesome. Stills is a comedian. You can see how much Stoops enjoys his job. Heupel has a PhD in QB.

Sooner Among The Pack
8/15/2011, 11:35 PM
Sweet! I had thought it was just two segments. Can't wait!!! Here's the schedule:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081511aaa.html

sooner59
8/15/2011, 11:45 PM
Sorry, not on Wednesday. My bad.

The Maestro
8/16/2011, 11:17 AM
My thoughts. From a production standpoint, I absolutely hated the opener. What the hell was up with that music? Very low budget.

Some of the stuff was fairly lame and editted weird. I prefer more focus on star players instead of it appearing that Stephen Good is our team captain and fearless leader.

The highlight of the first day was definitely Martinez and Heupel coaching on the field...along with Stoops handling of player compliance in the team meeting. When he talked to them about wanting to come back with your wife and kids in 20 years and having no visible sign of you playing here if you break the rules...WOW! Loved how he threw USC under the bus...but if those guys don't heed the warning, it is ALL on them...cause he made it clear.

Can't wait to see more...liked the additional player interviews that aired on SportsCenter this morning. Also showed Stoops coaching up the DB's...which was cool.

yankee
8/16/2011, 12:16 PM
Here's episode 1 on Youtube. Probably won't be up too long, so watch it!!

ngHteM8tZTY

HolaKyle
8/16/2011, 12:32 PM
I tried to upload the first episode on YouTube, but it was never published due to its length. Last year I had unlimited length due to my hit count, but they took it away from me.

I'll try to post highlights if you guys think there is something note worthy. I already posted Nila's dance. After they are completed I may upload them in 15 minute segments. To avoid them being pulled, I can make them private and only people with the link can view them. That way they won't be searchable, and less likely to be found by ESPN. I would hate them to find those videos, and then they see my highlights and ask those to be pulled too.

delhalew
8/16/2011, 12:44 PM
I tried to upload the first episode on YouTube, but it was never published due to its length. Last year I had unlimited length due to my hit count, but they took it away from me.

I'll try to post highlights if you guys think there is something note worthy. I already posted Nila's dance. After they are completed I may upload them in 15 minute segments. To avoid them being pulled, I can make them private and only people with the link can view them. That way they won't be searchable, and less likely to be found by ESPN. I would hate them to find those videos, and then they see my highlights and ask those to be pulled too.

Yeah, don't risk that. Your highlights are gold. The first segment is already here, but I would be interested in some of the sportcenter snippits if they are different.

yankee
8/16/2011, 12:51 PM
Is it me, or does Stephen Good sound a little like Kenny ****in' Powers when he talks?

delhalew
8/16/2011, 12:55 PM
Is it me, or does Stephen Good sound a little like Kenny ****in' Powers when he talks?

In a candid moment, you may be right. If he wasn't making sure he doesn't show his *** to ESPN, he may have a Kenny ****ing Powers mode.

Boomer.....
8/16/2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting that yankee. I missed it yesterday.

srweinbe
8/16/2011, 03:09 PM
HOLA Kyle great work, just wanted to add it in here.

goingoneight
8/16/2011, 07:32 PM

You do realize these guys have cameras and fans following them around all the time, right?

JLEW1818
8/16/2011, 08:36 PM
when episode 2?

JLEW1818
8/16/2011, 09:31 PM
rerun on now, espnU

well maybe not... i didn't see this one last night.

JLEW1818
8/16/2011, 09:41 PM
ahh here we go.

ESPN will air Training Days with the Oklahoma Sooners Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 6 p.m. CT. In addition, ESPNU will televise four 30-minute original programs Monday, Aug. 15; Tuesday, Aug. 16; Thursday, Aug. 18; and Friday, Aug. 19, all at 4:30 p.m. A five-part series featuring excerpts from the access will be televised on College Football Live, SportsCenter and additional studio programs August 15-19.

goingoneight
8/16/2011, 10:14 PM
Fascinating so far. All the wannabe coaches should take a moment or two and watch how this business actually works.

OU-HSV
8/16/2011, 10:21 PM
I missed last night's but saw tonight's. Entertaining so far. The equipment room stock was unreal

sooner59
8/16/2011, 10:55 PM
Those rolling shelves in the equipment room reminded me of the rolling shelves in the history of science library. Good way to save space. Practice takes me back to my football days. Love it.