PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: The Longhorn Network

badger
7/21/2011, 10:25 AM
YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION FOR ONCE! :D

Might as well make this exploding topic into a poll :D

Share any thoughts concerns and predictions you have in the form of a vote! :mack:

Four days of anonymous voting and you cannot change your vote.

Once again, YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION FOR ONCE! :D

badger
7/21/2011, 10:32 AM
More info on this thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156638) and this thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156630)

LakeRat
7/21/2011, 10:47 AM
Its going to be interesting to watch all of this. There is a lot of pouting and people who have their panties in a wad. I just wonder if it is for good reason.

badger
7/21/2011, 12:24 PM
Looks like Herr voted Hook em

delhalew
7/21/2011, 12:34 PM
I had to pick four options to match my feelings.

I want nothing to do with the twelve Pack.

I don't mind the horn network, but Texas will handle it in such a way that we have to part.

I would like to strong arm the SEC into taking little brother to get us.

More than that, I would like to launch our network and go indie.

cccasooner2
7/21/2011, 01:15 PM
Get into the SEC. We'll be so fast the CBS and ABC/ESPN cameras will be blurred in high definition. NBC will still seem like slow motion with the Irish games.

PalmBeachSooner
7/21/2011, 01:53 PM
Won't the Longhorn Network be subscription based? I'm not clear on how this would give them an unfair advantage (other than the revenue). Who else would subscribe but horn lovers? That's more exciting than longhorn golf.

I don't subscribe to the Big 10 network 'cause, well, I just don't give a hairy rat's booty hole about Big X women's volleyball, hockey and all the other filler programming that make up 90% of what's shown on their network. So unless you have a vested interest in all things Horn, then you aren't going to subscribe.

I also believe it's in ESPN's best interest to say as little as possible about the Longhorn's on their network. Otherwise, where's the incentive to subscribe to the horn network. So I think they will lose a lot of national exposure.

badger
7/21/2011, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Longhorn Network if OU was competing against whorn in something. Therein lies the problem. What if the Bevo Show gets exclusive rights to a good OU event. I have to subscribe to UT just to see my beloved Sooners?!

I am kind of surprised a lot of you are voting for pac-16.

delhalew
7/21/2011, 02:13 PM
Won't the Longhorn Network be subscription based? I'm not clear on how this would give them an unfair advantage (other than the revenue). Who else would subscribe but horn lovers? That's more exciting than longhorn golf.

I don't subscribe to the Big 10 network 'cause, well, I just don't give a hairy rat's booty hole about Big X women's volleyball, hockey and all the other filler programming that make up 90% of what's shown on their network. So unless you have a vested interest in all things Horn, then you aren't going to subscribe.

I also believe it's in ESPN's best interest to say as little as possible about the Longhorn's on their network. Otherwise, where's the incentive to subscribe to the horn network. So I think they will lose a lot of national exposure.

It doesn't matter if there is a real advantage. It is against the rules. Simple.

More important is the whorns handling things differently than was agreed upon.

Mississippi Sooner
7/21/2011, 02:15 PM
Of the options listed, I most strongly want OU to join the SEC. Of course, my reasons for wanting that are pretty much all selfish.

delhalew
7/21/2011, 03:13 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to participate in the PAC??, where football is what you do if you're not too high.

badger
7/21/2011, 03:22 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to participate in the PAC??, where football is what you do if you're not too high.

Don't get me wrong, the trip to Seattle was tons of fun (lots of butthurt over the recent loss of the Sonics, and fans that loved their team despite the fact that they were on a crash course with an 0-fer season that year) and UCLA would have been fun if it weren't for the Bomarhead, but I just can't see traveling to the west coast several times in one season, not including the bowl or the conference championship game.

delhalew
7/21/2011, 03:25 PM
Our obsession with college football is rivaled only by the SEC. Colorado belongs in the PAC. I rest my case.

MeMyself&Me
7/21/2011, 03:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, the trip to Seattle was tons of fun (lots of butthurt over the recent loss of the Sonics, and fans that loved their team despite the fact that they were on a crash course with an 0-fer season that year) and UCLA would have been fun if it weren't for the Bomarhead, but I just can't see traveling to the west coast several times in one season, not including the bowl or the conference championship game.

I said this a million times last summer. In a Pac-16, OU would likely only have a regular season conference game on the west coast once a year maybe 1.5 (two every other year) at most. Not bad compared to what OU does now non-conference. If travel is that big of a deal, adjust the non-conference schedule model.

The Pac-16 deal was really good and stable for long term OU success. It also kept the core of the best division in college football intact and had no real political impedements.

BoulderSooner79
7/21/2011, 03:38 PM
I chose "I"m Indifferent", but more accurately I'd say "I'm powerless" in all this, so I'll see what unfolds. The OU program is elite an would be a valuable asset for any conference, so they will have choices. But in general, I see the accelerating shifts in CFB caused by the massive $$ as lessoning my interest in the game in the long run.

Peach Fuzz
7/21/2011, 06:36 PM
The pac idea is as good as the SEC in some areas and not so good. Probably a helluva lot more media exposure, not having to go through murderers row every single game, way easier sched. Plus, I think we'd still have great recruiting in texas and it would get our foot in the door for west coast recruits (not really saying too much). Then again, it would be nice to have a southeast pipeline

texaspokieokie
7/21/2011, 08:08 PM
The pac idea is as good as the SEC in some areas and not so good. Probably a helluva lot more media exposure, not having to go through murderers row every single game, way easier sched. Plus, I think we'd still have great recruiting in texas and it would get our foot in the door for west coast recruits (not really saying too much). Then again, it would be nice to have a southeast pipeline

why do you say "(not really saying too much) after west coast recruits ???

Peach Fuzz
7/21/2011, 08:42 PM
Because football isn't that big out there ( I know I lived in Torrance and played 'football' in CA) not as many recruits as say, SEC. That's actually what I meant sorry.

texaspokieokie
7/22/2011, 09:51 AM
i've lived in torrance, near corner of 182nd & hawthorne.

ca is great for recruits, population much larger than tx. (for example).