PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Wine

SicEmBaylor
7/21/2011, 12:22 AM
A couple of friends of mine are getting married next weeked in Waco. I am really really bad at picking out gifts. He enjoys wine and she likes champagne, so I figured I'd get them a bottle of each. I'd like them packaged well in a wooden crate box or something like that.

Where is the best place in Tulsa to buy wine? Any suggestions?

SicEmBaylor
7/21/2011, 12:28 AM
Is this even a good wedding gift? These two were my roommates for 3 years so we're very close. He told me once I was like a brother to him, so I don't want to get something ****ty.

StoopTroup
7/21/2011, 12:30 AM
The Folks at Ranch Acre Liquor Store are nice and they have a good selection of Wines and Oklahoma Wines. Of course Fikes is the big Daddy of Liquor Stores and has the largest selection but if you go in and tell the Ranch Acres Folks what you are trying to do...I bet they will either fix you up or send you to someone that can.

picasso
7/21/2011, 08:01 AM
Parkhill's, 51st and Lewis. They even have Grappa.

KantoSooner
7/21/2011, 08:03 AM
Parkhill's, 51st and Lewis. They even have Grappa.

...which is not necessarily a recommendation. Grappa = 4 man vino: one to drink, one to pour it down his throat and two to hold the drinker down.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 08:06 AM
if its a wedding gift, i'd find out where they're registered and get them something they need for their new house/apartment/whatever

87sooner
7/21/2011, 08:07 AM
Is this even a good wedding gift? These two were my roommates for 3 years so we're very close. He told me once I was like a brother to him, so I don't want to get something ****ty.

no...

find out where they're registered...
it's easy...you don't have to pick out a gift....
your friends have already done that...

mgsooner
7/21/2011, 08:38 AM
The Folks at Ranch Acre Liquor Store are nice and they have a good selection of Wines and Oklahoma Wines. Of course Fikes is the big Daddy of Liquor Stores and has the largest selection but if you go in and tell the Ranch Acres Folks what you are trying to do...I bet they will either fix you up or send you to someone that can.

Ranch Acres, absolutely. Great store, great selection, great folks. Not one of the "mega warehouse" types. It was a sad day when I moved to the other side of town.

3324 East 31st St # A
Tulsa, OK 74135
(918) 747-1171

DIB
7/21/2011, 08:42 AM
if its a wedding gift, i'd find out where they're registered and get them something they need for their new house/apartment/whatever

no...

find out where they're registered...
it's easy...you don't have to pick out a gift....
your friends have already done that...

Everyone else at there wedding will be doing this^^. In my group of friends, we always buy something as a group that is off registry. It is usually something that they either didn't think of or thought was too much to ask for. Without fail, these have been the most beloved gift. If you think wine is something that your friends would love, but didn't feel comfortable putting on their registry, then go for it.

PS Parkhill for selection and price. Ranch Acres for service.

mgsooner
7/21/2011, 08:47 AM
I will admit that if you are "out South" Primo's at 91st & Yale has very friendly folks. They certainly don't have a mind blowing selection, but they are extremely helpful.

DIB
7/21/2011, 08:52 AM
There is also a Parkhill south at 101st and Memorial. Not quite as good as the original, but still descent.

Cheez-It
7/21/2011, 08:53 AM
Parkhill has bat **** crazy clientele. Screaming at folks just minding their business trying to purchase a bottle of wine.

The
7/21/2011, 08:54 AM
Parkhill has bat **** crazy clientele. Screaming at folks just minding their business trying to purchase a bottle of wine.

It's Tulsa. They're werewolves. Drunken werewolves.

JohnnyMack
7/21/2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.liberator.com/

srsly.

DIB
7/21/2011, 08:55 AM

You shouldn't have gotten between me and my jug of wine

tator
7/21/2011, 08:57 AM
You shouldn't have gotten between me and my box of wine
FIFY

Cheez-It
7/21/2011, 09:21 AM
Bat **** crazy I tell ya!!

KantoSooner
7/21/2011, 09:23 AM
Go to 'Bunghole Liquors'

I always take out of towners there. The place should sell Tshirts.

mgsooner
7/21/2011, 09:26 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/9/196749_41781_front.jpg

sooneron
7/21/2011, 09:55 AM
A couple of bottles of wine is ****ty wedding gift for "two good friends". Just sayin'. Get them something from their registry. That's what registries are for... people that don't have a clue as to what to get for a wedding gift. YWIA

I don't care if you're getting them two bottles of Dominus or Opus.

JohnnyMack
7/21/2011, 09:58 AM
A wedding registry is typically filled out by young couples who don't know their elbow from their ***. Half the stuff they put on it is completely worthless. Same can be said for a baby registry for first time parents.

SicEm, get 'em whatever the hell you want.

Breadburner
7/21/2011, 10:05 AM
Wine is what you bring when someone invited you over for dinner......

NormanPride
7/21/2011, 10:15 AM
Don't listen to the haters, Sic. Get them some wine, get the dude some cigars, and get the chick some kickass chocolate. Or whatever.

The
7/21/2011, 10:16 AM
You should buy the guy a fleshlight.

PERFECT gift for the married man.

MsProudSooner
7/21/2011, 10:18 AM
Get them something from the registry and the wine. If they registered for wine glasses or something else wine-related, that would be a perfect combination.

3rdgensooner
7/21/2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, but you just go all Brooklyn Puerto Rican on their a$$es.

Cheez-It
7/21/2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, but you just go all Brooklyn Puerto Rican on their a$$es.

I was forced to. Nobody tells this pregnant (at the time I was pregnant) chick what I can and cannot buy. ****ing ****.

picasso
7/21/2011, 10:52 AM
...which is not necessarily a recommendation. Grappa = 4 man vino: one to drink, one to pour it down his throat and two to hold the drinker down.

I highly recommend it.

Whuss.;)

Soonerfan88
7/21/2011, 10:58 AM
Get them something from the registry and the wine. If they registered for wine glasses or something else wine-related, that would be a perfect combination.

Excellent suggestion - do this.

sooneron
7/21/2011, 01:09 PM
A wedding registry is typically filled out by young couples who don't know their elbow from their ***.

SicEm, get 'em whatever the hell you want.

bull****. All of my friends that have gotten married have had one and they were all nearly thirty or older.

sooneron
7/21/2011, 01:10 PM

& ^ This