PDA

View Full Version : ALBQ sent me this, all I can say Is ALLSOME

olevetonahill
7/21/2011, 12:19 AM
Well worth the time if ya are a critter lover.;)

EBYPlcSD490

Canyonero
7/21/2011, 12:44 AM
Not a huge animal lover, but what a feeling that would have been to see the whale's reaction at the end.

"The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to. return soup at a deli!"

Memtig14
7/21/2011, 12:46 AM
Well worth watching no matter what your proclivities.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/21/2011, 12:57 AM
allsome is right.

Peach Fuzz
7/21/2011, 01:10 AM
What a sense of accomplishment those people must have felt, great thank you show from the whale too. Thanks for sharing.

CrimsonKel
7/21/2011, 05:06 AM
Its a good thing that whale didn't try to high five them.

diverdog
7/21/2011, 06:18 AM
Well worth the time if ya are a critter lover.;)

EBYPlcSD490

Great video. I spent a lot of years working on marine mammal protection. Fishing gear entanglements are a huge issue. We went to court in Boston to force some new changes in offshore lobster gear. It was one of the primary killers of Northern Right Whales. The longline gear you see on the show Swords On The Line is also very destructive to non-targeted species . The whale looks like it was entangled in a drift net.

Do you know the people in the video?

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:24 AM
very cool - pretty ballsy of those folks considering the size boat they were in and the lack of equipment they had

olevetonahill
7/21/2011, 08:08 PM
Great video. I spent a lot of years working on marine mammal protection. Fishing gear entanglements are a huge issue. We went to court in Boston to force some new changes in offshore lobster gear. It was one of the primary killers of Northern Right Whales. The longline gear you see on the show Swords On The Line is also very destructive to non-targeted species . The whale looks like it was entangled in a drift net.

Do you know the people in the video?

No, AlbqSooner sent this to me in an email.

StoopTroup
7/21/2011, 08:21 PM
FREE WILLY ! ! !

soonercruiser
7/21/2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting it vet.
I had heard about the story. But, have been too busy this week to look it up.
:D

Moral of the story...?
Don't shoot or catch anything that you can't eat in 4 bites!

sooner59
7/21/2011, 11:20 PM
Good story. Always like to see that stuff.

oudanny
7/22/2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks, great story. My wife and I went on a whale watching excusrion off of Maui and got to see several whales doing tail slaps. Our only disappointment was that one didn't breach. They are magnificent creatures.