PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Jenks-Union being televised on Longhorn Sports Network c/o ESPN

OU_PhD
7/20/2011, 08:14 PM
it's enough to make you puke.

I wouldn't mind if we left these fools in the dust.

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 08:42 PM
You don't think OU would do this if we could?

OU_PhD
7/20/2011, 08:46 PM
I don't think it would be right, no matter who could do it.

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 08:51 PM
Until it's against NCAA rules, it's perfectly legal. Texas knew what they were doing by rounding us all up last summer. They sure as hell weren't prepping for a bowl season.

oudavid1
7/20/2011, 09:13 PM
Who cares.

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 09:41 PM
I don't really... but a lot of fans and coaches are up in arms about it. That tells me it plays a significant advantageous role in recruiting to Austin. Makes sense. Push the burnt orange agenda on the recruiting targets even more. Isn't it enough that probably more kids know "The eyes of Texas" than "The Star Spangled Banner" down in Tejas?

CowboyMRW
7/20/2011, 09:44 PM
Texas' recruiting is already the best it can get. I don't see how the LHN is going to make it that much better

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 10:02 PM
True, but they have the power to be that much more greedy. It still burns them whenever ANYONE from Texas who ends up being a star doesn't go to UT. Not finishing 5-7 will help as much as anything though.

oudavid1
7/20/2011, 10:33 PM
Texas already beats us in recruiting, and we beat them. Focus guys. Rivals/Scout/ESPN recruiting evaluations are not the bible.

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 10:59 PM
No one here was on the amount of stars talk, though. Texas gets *almost* everyone they want. You can't say they don't battle for some that get away sometimes, and this might help play a role in making the ones they DO sign easier to get. Let's face it, it'd be pretty hard to recruit without TV exposure and they're taking an opportunity to go overboard with it what they already have in spades.

Illuminati
7/20/2011, 11:03 PM
Joining the SEC would open up so many doors for us. We don't need Texas. Tuck Fexas

SoonerMom2
7/20/2011, 11:05 PM
Thought a university could not have contact with students athletes in this type of set up. Read somewhere it is against the UIL rules as we are talking Freshman and Sophomore during the school year involvement with a university. That would be bringing UT to their campus. This doesn't seem legit but then it is TX and they do what they want and the NCAA turns their head until it finally catches up with them like it has OSU.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/21/2011, 04:01 PM
Joining the SEC would open up so many doors for us. We don't need Texas. Tuck Fexas

In recruiting yes, but I do think that we would have a year or two of a few loss seasons trying to gear up to defend a power run game week in and week out. That's the only thing that scares me about the move East. We have a hard enough time defending the zone run game now. OUr d is built with a LOT of speed and little beef to defend the air attacks we face now. I say Independent.

:gary:

OUmillenium
7/21/2011, 04:05 PM
Texas' recruiting is already the best it can get. I don't see how the LHN is going to make it that much better

This.

They pretty much stay in state anyway. As long as we get some of the top guys, which we always will cuz we actually win trophies, then things shouldn't change much.

TEXAM, lOSUr, Tech and others might be more pissed about it than us, but UTerus cant sign all top 100 Texas players each year.:texan:

Shakadoodoo
7/21/2011, 04:30 PM
I would be willing to bet that there is not a team in the country that does not have a Texas player on their team. The whole country recruits out of Texas!

soonerboomer93
7/21/2011, 04:36 PM
Thought a university could not have contact with students athletes in this type of set up. Read somewhere it is against the UIL rules as we are talking Freshman and Sophomore during the school year involvement with a university. That would be bringing UT to their campus. This doesn't seem legit but then it is TX and they do what they want and the NCAA turns their head until it finally catches up with them like it has OSU.

UIL was established and is controlled by UT

Today, the League operates as part of the University of Texas, under the auspices of the Vice President for Diversity & Community Engagement.

http://www.uiltexas.org/history

SoonerMom2
7/21/2011, 11:14 PM
It turns out it is the NCAA that would not permit it.

SapulpaSooner
7/22/2011, 02:54 PM
who outside of Texas would watch the Hook 'em network :pop: it needs to
be call the big 12 network