PDA

View Full Version : Game Film

LakeRat
7/20/2011, 01:19 PM
I love watching the plays and what coverages we are in, and the different looks we present and are presented to us.

Is there anyway to get the gamefilm that ESPN gets? Or is this from their different cameras they don't show on TV?

OUTrumpet
7/20/2011, 03:00 PM
To get the game film (which more than likely would be from the press box, north end zone / south end zone, boxes on east side of stadium, towards the 50) you would need to be authorized by the coaching staff as well as have a subscription with a username/password - I know OU uses a website called hudl.com as it's really easy to trade game film, analyze by down, distance, run/pass, time remaining, diagram, whatever you need. They don't want official film going to someone they won't authorize.

LakeRat
7/20/2011, 03:04 PM
So your saying that average fans don't have a chance at getting it for personal enjoyment.

OUTrumpet
7/20/2011, 03:16 PM
So your saying that average fans don't have a chance at getting it for personal enjoyment.

Yeah, unfortunately. I know when my school trades film with another school, we just authorize them for a set amount of time, generally 2-3 weeks before the game with them. After the game, it automatically shuts off access to our film from their access. We can access our own film at any time though.

NormanPride
7/20/2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking there would be a big enough market for this... But due to the risk of crowdsourcing a gameplan it would be tough to really let that film out to the public.

oudavid1
7/20/2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, unfortunately. I know when my school trades film with another school, we just authorize them for a set amount of time, generally 2-3 weeks before the game with them. After the game, it automatically shuts off access to our film from their access. We can access our own film at any time though.

You dont use http://gametapexchange.com/ ? I thought thats what OU uses?

Im still new to this at UCO. We just use DSV.

OUTrumpet
7/20/2011, 10:13 PM
You dont use http://gametapexchange.com/ ? I thought thats what OU uses?

Im still new to this at UCO. We just use DSV.

We use hudl.com

I've received e-mails about Oregon, Bama, OU, USC, Colorado, Penn St, and other universities doing online clinics for it, as well as temporary access to select game film during that period.

You can find OU's stuff on there once you are signed in, just can't access it without a password :(

LakeRat
7/21/2011, 09:42 AM
With this being a public university, could you use the freedom of information act to access it?

I would just love to rewatch the game being able to see 22 guys and not just the front 7 of both squads. especially with as much as we throw. I would love to watch how their secondary plays against us.

hawaii 5-0
7/21/2011, 10:06 AM
With this being a public university, could you use the freedom of information act to access it?

I would just love to rewatch the game being able to see 22 guys and not just the front 7 of both squads. especially with as much as we throw. I would love to watch how their secondary plays against us.

So would opposing coaching staffs.

5-0

Trump/ Ara 2012